Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
lol said AG draped a robe over a statue's titty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Once everything was so boring that the House investigated baseball

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Mike Pence loves Garfield, which is the Penceiest poo poo ever

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Sinead O'Connor got wrecked for being absolutely right like 30 years ago

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Gary Hart was all "ffs I'm not an adulterer follow me and see" for free press and whoopsy doodle

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Richard Nixon wandering the hall with all the busts in it drunkenly talking to them

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Larry Craig getting busted because he finally tried to gently caress a cop in a bathroom

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"Joseph built the pyramids to store grain"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the government outsourcing the IT to handle security clearance paperwork to china, and whoops, all the investigations on people who were getting a clearance got leaked to china

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Al Gore angrily making out with his NWA hating wife

Congressional hearings and action on rap lyrics actually lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
darwin's theory of natural selection was partly influenced by malthus's opposition to the poor laws

quote:

The year was 1838. In England, the Industrial Revolution was under way, but it had made rich only the owners of production, not the workers. In increasingly crowded cities, ordinary people struggled for their daily existence. Some of the poor rioted. The Poor Laws were under attack: Welfare to the needy would only increase their dependence and encourage the breeding of still more hungry mouths to feed, said critics. It was in this pivotal year that Darwin, back from his voyage on the Beagle and trying to understand the forces that drove the origin of new species, read the works of Thomas Malthus, a parson and social economist.

In opposition to the utopian thinkers of the day, Malthus believed that unless people exercised restraint in the number of children they had, the inevitable shortfall of food in the face of spiraling population growth would doom mankind to a ceaseless struggle for existence. Out of that unforgiving battle, some would survive and many would not, as famine, disease, and war put a ceiling on the growth in population.

These ideas galvanized Darwin's thinking about the struggles for survival in the wild, where restraint is unknown. Before reading Malthus, Darwin had thought that living things reproduced just enough individuals to keep populations stable. But now he came to realize that, as in human society, populations bred beyond their means, leaving survivors and losers in the effort to exist.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Glenn Beck being popular

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

exmarx posted:

darwin's theory of natural selection was partly influenced by malthus's opposition to the poor laws

Hey man I'm trying to remember MAD magazine making fun of GHWB for like 6 months losing his lunch in Japan what is this

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Roseanne yelling 'I thought the bitch was white!" about Valerie Jarrett after getting fired from her own TV show.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
An actual campaign ad where the candidate had to say "I'm not a witch"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
If it makes anyone feel better I lost a bet in 2006 wrt Joe Lieberman and wound up getting a navel piercing as what I have established as a fat hairy dude so the reason this is all hilarious is because I always thought "that will never happen" but it did it does and it will I just don't make bets anymore

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Hillary Clinton going all in on video games making children violent and then becoming SoS for a dude who bombed a citizen and his teenage kid

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Clarence Thomas is the weirder but less aggressive sexual assaulter on the nine member Supreme Court

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Alan Colmes in general

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

mooyashi posted:

Hey man I'm trying to remember MAD magazine making fun of GHWB for like 6 months losing his lunch in Japan what is this

sorry m0yashi

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mooyashi posted:

Glenn Beck being popular

Sam Bee and Glenn Beck being buddies

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

mooyashi posted:

So does Lin Manuel Miranda.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mooyashi posted:

https://twitter.com/allyphra/status/1000172152811761664

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

30.5 Days posted:

So does Lin Manuel Miranda.

That dude also hangs out with the McElroys and got stuffed in a trash can by Immortal Technique so I believe it

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Lin Manuel getting stuffed in a dumpster in high school

Bush Sr eating pork rinds to try to convince America that he was masculine

Dukakis in the tank

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

george w Bush eating uncooked seed corn raw off the cob because he is an idiot

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ikanreed posted:

Also when they gave "if you like your plan you can keep your plan" lie of the year, because some insurance companies voluntarily cancelled their grandfathered pre obamacare plans thinking they'd save money

i thought this was mostly certain insurance plans becoming illegal because they were a scam

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

mooyashi posted:

Once everything was so boring that the House investigated baseball

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

mooyashi posted:

Larry Craig getting busted because he finally tried to gently caress a cop in a bathroom

lol these posts are great i forgot about this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Rex-Goliath posted:

i thought this was mostly certain insurance plans becoming illegal because they were a scam

Nope the scams were grandfathered in but you couldn't sign anyone new up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ikanreed posted:

Nope the scams were grandfathered in but you couldn't sign anyone new up

lmao so that whole talking point was even dumber than i thought it was. cool. great.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Eat This Glob posted:

the Olympics briefly got rid of wrestling, which might be the most egalitarian and meritorious sport there is (you dont need poo poo but someone to wrestle to get good) for it back in 2012 or something. Cubans, Iranians, and former Soviet countries all kick rear end at wrestling

wrestling is objectively one of the best olympic sports and americans should share collective shame over rulon gardner

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

mooyashi posted:

A former member of SNL resigned from the Senate after he pretended to grab boobs

That's some nice revisionism there.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

wrestling is objectively one of the best olympic sports and americans should share collective shame over rulon gardner

Rulon is good and cool and cannot be killed

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

nothing will ever beat aussie prime minister tony abbott eating a raw onion with the skin (or whatever you call the flaky things that covers it) still on

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

mooyashi posted:

Gary Hart was all "ffs I'm not an adulterer follow me and see" for free press and whoopsy doodle

As this is one of my favorite trips to take down memory lane, I went to Wikipedia to read the tale but was disappointed to find that the word "monkey" did not appear on the page. How do you write anything about Gary Hartpence without naming the Monkey Business?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Eat This Glob posted:

haha, how did I forget this one.

I don't know why any of them ever consent to be photographed while eating. they always look like freaks.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dirty lousy tramp posted:

nothing will ever beat aussie prime minister tony abbott eating a raw onion with the skin (or whatever you call the flaky things that covers it) still on

if I were to make a rebuttal of sorts to the stuff humankind put on the Voyager spacecraft showing the good and smart side of humanity, Tony abbot taking a bite of a whole onion would likely be on it.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

yeah, gardner dethroning karelin was some poo poo. karelin lifting a dude on a poster was hung in many a wrestling room even in iowa where i learned the sport. I wonder what gardner got up to since he almost died some years ago in the wilderness

uber_stoat posted:

haha, how did I forget this one.

I don't know why any of them ever consent to be photographed while eating. they always look like freaks.

Michelle bachman eating a corn dog is another good one. I'm phone posting or I'd add it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jeb! had some all timers in Iowa as far as eating pics go

Let me dig some up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

I remember a ton of people getting mad when their high deductible plans got cancelled for having too low of a actuarial value. "I don't need doctor's visits covered, I just want to know that if I get cancer it will be covered!" "But it won't be covered, that's why the actuarial value is so low." "I just like the peace of mind it brings!"

God keeping alive this stupid-rear end system was a terrible idea.