Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Glah posted:

Just voted for GUE/NGL. Any idea at what time the results start coming in?

The results should start coming in once all member states are done with voting, so somewhere past 11pm CET tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's hurting my head looking at how many seats the Brexit party is estimated to get. It's no wonder it's impossible to get people to engage with the EP-elections in the smaller countries when Farages complete idiocy can sweep up more seats than all of our MPs put together. :psyduck:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Read somewhere recently that this vote for the UK is almost like a second referendum? Didn't read much further at that time, but given the number of brexit parties involved in the polls I can see why it may appear so.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the genius of macrons party campaign decided to make the election into a choice between them and the fn. guess whos going to win by a mile?

I voted for the pcf, but they're not even assured of getting the needed 5 percent lol

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

It's hurting my head looking at how many seats the Brexit party is estimated to get. It's no wonder it's impossible to get people to engage with the EP-elections in the smaller countries when Farages complete idiocy can sweep up more seats than all of our MPs put together. :psyduck:

Well when brexit happens they will leave their seats at least. It will happen, right??

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

You wanna hurt even more, look at the vote projections for Italy, who is sending the vast majority of its MEPs to ECR and EFDD. 70 meps wasted

mortons stork fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 26, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
france is seeing a big rise in participation in traditionally fn voting areas too lol, this european parliament is certainly going to be interesting (or they'll just do nothing like they always do)

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Glah posted:

Well when brexit happens they will leave their seats at least. It will happen, right??

lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i would bet on the ue disbanding before brexit happens at this rate

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
at least macron will eat poo poo, though that kind of animal doesnt learn anything and he'll just go "we need to be more racist"

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

Phlegmish posted:

Green wave incoming? I didn't vote for them myself because there are too many aspects I don't like, but hopefully part of the fallout will be that more attention is paid to climate change, pollution, and alternative energy sources.

Theres been a big Green wave in Ireland. Their share of the vote jumped from 1.5% to 9% in the local elections, which were held on Friday along with the European ones. No count yet in the Euros, but exit polls suggest they'll have gotten 3 MEPs elected - up from 0 previously, out of 11 total.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Goons Are Great posted:

Read somewhere recently that this vote for the UK is almost like a second referendum? Didn't read much further at that time, but given the number of brexit parties involved in the polls I can see why it may appear so.
Given British media and how badly run the referendum was, yeah, it's probably fair to put this at about the same level. The results are perhaps a bit more open to interpretation, but the media is just gonna go with "The Brexit Party got the most votes, so let's do a Clean Break Brexit immediately and restore the Empire!"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/mathieugallard/status/1132624809102323712

high raise of participation in ain, pas de calais, gard, which are big fn voters

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hate waiting for election results

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

In Flanders it seems like the Tory-like N-VA is losing big, but (wait for it) they all decided to vote for the far-right Vlaams Belang instead.

Good job Flemish idiots

Flemidiots

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Phlegmish posted:

Green wave incoming? I didn't vote for them myself because there are too many aspects I don't like, but hopefully part of the fallout will be that more attention is paid to climate change, pollution, and alternative energy sources.

Not in our country it isn't, lol. Still only early results (250/5k and 400/6.7k as of posting) but Groen isn't making significant gains while the extreme right VB has persuaded voters from all other parties.

If this keeps up, Belgium's going to be having a referendum on Belxit in a year or 2.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

In Flanders it seems like the Tory-like N-VA is losing big, but (wait for it) they all decided to vote for the far-right Vlaams Belang instead.

Good job Flemish idiots

Flemidiots

no-one could have seen this coming. The N-VA even did everything it could to keep the xenophobic voter tied to them by talking non-stop about an imminent migration crisis. How could talking about the core business of the xenophobic party lead to a boost to the xenophobic party?!?!?!?!?!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Just did a democracy. Held my nose and voted for KE, the less clowns from PiSs get elected the better.

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Currently manning a polling station on behalf of GUE/NGL, turnout is certainly up but still boring as hell, just 2 more hours..

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Phlegmish posted:

Good job Flemish idiots

Flemidiots

lol just watch france to feel better about your country

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

lol just watch france to feel better about your country

Is this ironic or not, don't tell me they all decided to vote FN even without Le Pen's hot niece running

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

i would bet on the ue disbanding before brexit happens at this rate

Honestly at this point if the EU wants to survive they're going to have to go hard for federalization; this half-step liberal nonsense isn't working.

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly at this point if the EU wants to survive they're going to have to go hard for federalization; this half-step liberal nonsense isn't working.
Well atleast within eurozone this is true. Without common fiscal policy euro will fail sooner or later. So either we forgo euro entirely or integrate more. Basically you should vote either federalists or hard eurosceptics who want to destroy eurozone. Status quo isn't going to work.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Phlegmish posted:

Is this ironic or not, don't tell me they all decided to vote FN even without Le Pen's hot niece running

major voting bump in fn heavy areas

https://twitter.com/April19th1775/status/1132667462917472256

https://twitter.com/April19th1775/status/1132667809668972545
(henin beaumont is one of the most fn voting town in the country, I think they do like 60% there)

of course it's just speculation, maybe those areas decided to vote for the left or something, but until i see it the other way I'm going to assume they turned up for the FN.

For what's its worth participation has increased across the board.

Latest polls gave the FN 25 percent (first place), I have a feeling it could be more.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blut posted:

Theres been a big Green wave in Ireland.
Green wave is real in Germany:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

That's some good news, sort of. I just don't get all this FN and Vlaams belang surging. Well I do get it, but I wish I didn't. These parties aren't going to solve problems, just fill their pockets while calling foreigners the problem.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

An insane mind posted:

That's some good news, sort of. I just don't get all this FN and Vlaams belang surging. Well I do get it, but I wish I didn't. These parties aren't going to solve problems, just fill their pockets while calling foreigners the problem.

The bad news is that we had federal and regional elections in Belgium at the same time as the European ones, so these results are pretty far-reaching.

Groen also underperforming a bit compared to expectations, but I seem to remember that from previous elections. Always in the spotlight, never quite break through.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Also really relieved by that AfD result. Less than what they got in the last federal election 2017 (12.6%).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol jesus

It's basically 2004 all over again

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dit somt het wel op eigenlijk:

https://twitter.com/ArbiterOfTweets/status/1132657587516772354

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Being a dumb Yankee in Frog-land I still can't vote, but my partner did. Seeing as she's attracted to losers, I think she voted the PS/Radicaux des Gauches/Place Publique/Nouvelle Donne. She almost went PCF, but there was something in the leaflet she disagreed with.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

To be fair to the N-VA, their electoral strategy probably didn't involve losing a bunch of votes.

On the other hand, they will probably stop proudly claiming to have 'destroyed' Vlaams Belang after today

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There were a motherfucking absolutely ridiculous total of 34 different lists in France.

On the Left wing, you had the Milquetoast Alliance (PS + PRG + some other chucklefucks), Mélenchon, Hamon, the Trotskyists... There were two different ecolo lists. On the right there were a bunch, too, but I didn't really look at them all that hard. Then there were some single-issue weirdos, like an animal rights party, an Esperanto party, a Muslim party... Some of the no-chance parties didn't even mail brochures and list sheets, they told people to download and print them instead.

Meanwhile, Macron's campaign policy was to make it all "it's either me or the FN RN, vote for me" which helped a lot to legitimize the FN RN as the opposition party, and therefore the guys you vote for to tell Macron to suck it. What a smart and clever idea. He couldn't have done that with Méluche or Hamon or the anti-consumerism guys from the Décroissance?

double nine posted:

dit somt het wel op eigenlijk:

Oh yeah, this was a masterful move. "We need to be more fascist and more racist than we already are! The Marrakech Treaty thing we negotiated and approved with our coalition partners is horrible!" And then the NVA electors heard the message loud and clear and dutifully voted for the more fascist and more racist party that didn't approve the Marrakech Treaty. Who could have foreseen this coming?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1132690814684028933?s=19

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Being a dumb Yankee in Frog-land I still can't vote, but my partner did. Seeing as she's attracted to losers, I think she voted the PS/Radicaux des Gauches/Place Publique/Nouvelle Donne. She almost went PCF, but there was something in the leaflet she disagreed with.

noooo the ps sucks so bad :negative:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yo here's my statistically valid opinion, every Belgian I've met (six so far?) was a poo poo head, no wonder they have lovely political opinions

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

orange sky posted:

Yo here's my statistically valid opinion, every Belgian I've met (six so far?) was a poo poo head, no wonder they have lovely political opinions

Hey you haven't met me, or you'd be able to claim it was 7.

The sp.a is pretty much done for if they keep this up. The PVDA is going to be bigger than them in Antwerp, maybe next election they don't even get the minimum 5% anymore.

With results being what they are right now I don't see a federal government being formed anytime soon.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

SPD has a similar spread, but with much smaller numbers
Greens are literally the other way around

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That graph is showing the CDU?

Young people breaking green isn't a big surprise, they're the ones who will have to deal with the consequences of climate change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

nimby posted:

Hey you haven't met me, or you'd be able to claim it was 7.

The sp.a is pretty much done for if they keep this up. The PVDA is going to be bigger than them in Antwerp, maybe next election they don't even get the minimum 5% anymore.

With results being what they are right now I don't see a federal government being formed anytime soon.

Yeah, federal government formation is probably gonna be another wild ride.