Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SplitSoul posted:

FINISH. THE loving. STORY. What happened? What about the glands?

well the steroids regimen got him a ton of "looking great" stories in the life style sections, op. they did not mention his future lymphoma, that's bad for business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

uber_stoat posted:

his steady diet of adrenochrome and child's blood has really worked wonders, hasn't it?

(image search "adrenochrome" for a wild ride)

i thought it was a made up thing from fear and loathing

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
poo poo, does Fear and Loathing mention it??

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

poo poo, does Fear and Loathing mention it??

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas posted:

"Adrenochrome,” he said. “You won’t need much. Just a tiny taste.”
I got the bottle and dipped the head of a paper match into it.
“That’s about right,” he said. “That stuff makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer. You’ll go completely crazy if u take too much.”
…..
“Jesus! What kind of monster client have you picked up this time? There’s only one source for this stuff….”
He nodded.
“The adrenaline glands from a living human body,” I said. “It’s no good if you get it out of a corpse.”

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Thanks! I only saw the movie and didn't remember that bit immediately.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i thought it was a made up thing from fear and loathing

it's a real thing, as in a real chemical, but no one is actually harvesting it from human bodies and eating to artificially extend their lives, despite what some super smart internet people might tell you.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

i bet johnny depp would try to though. all those badly photoshopped pictures have convinced me.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
hunter thompson managed to convince multiple generations that his fake politician drugs were real and it owns.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
joe biden is a god drat ibogaine addict

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
joe biden gets high by snorting the dandruff flakes of girls of any age

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

redleader posted:

It's definitely SMAC, the most quotable game of all time.

Specifically, it comes from Pravin Lal, the only guy left who believes in the UN and their mission of protecting human rights and freedoms in the face of alien monsters and cultish fanaticism. With an anodyne ideology based in the End Of History 90's liberalism and decorum, Lal is the most boring, inoffensive dude who just wants things to be back to normal. And somehow the mood is just perfectly captured by how he plans to use genetic engineering and cloning technology.

Yang: "Im going to engineer a loyal race of workers"
Santiago: "Im going to build the perfect army of super soldiers"
Skye: "I'm going to gently caress that mind worm"
Zakharov: "I'm going to invent new unethical human experiments"
Morgan: "I'm going to get slightly richer"
Miriam: "This cyberpunk dystopia sucks I'm going to kill myself"
Lal: "I'm going to clone my girlfriend"

Obviously this makes Miriam the most CSPAM of them all.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Miriam is funny as hell because despite us being told that's she's a bigoted theocrat all her quotes are about how technology is gonna make things worse for people and she's completely right

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

we must dissent

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

i bet johnny depp would try to though. all those badly photoshopped pictures have convinced me.

Johnny Depp looks like a lesbian Cryptkeeper busking for cash in New Orleans. Bitch could use some people juice in that dry rear end wine bag he calls a body.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its insane how much effort they put into SMAC lol. its a shame they dont make a remaster. SMAC and Civ2 in general are really fun, I don't really mind stack combat. It's less retarded than the civ 5 version anyway

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mysterious frankie posted:

Johnny Depp looks like a lesbian Cryptkeeper busking for cash in New Orleans. Bitch could use some people juice in that dry rear end wine bag he calls a body.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Miriam is funny as hell because despite us being told that's she's a bigoted theocrat all her quotes are about how technology is gonna make things worse for people and she's completely right

This. Also the game has a mechanic that simulates climate change. SMAC is the best civ game.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

gently caress you, planet, we balance our books using the disposable plastic sales ratio

there is no other way to calculate daily sales, sorry

we're not wizards here

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Enfys posted:

gently caress you, planet, we balance our books using the disposable plastic sales ratio

there is no other way to calculate daily sales, sorry

we're not wizards here

Hey, it's nice of them to put up a sign warning you away from their business. Don't judge.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Imagine being that dumb and lacking that sort of awareness. drat.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
where is that

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Even if making calculations another way is impossible, just...take a cup out of the system and set it aside, then put it back in after you do the numbers.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

so the actual problem here is they can't trust the person running the POS to not skim off the cash sales of beverages. I wonder why is that. :thunk:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you track soft drink sales by case of syrup, unless your an idiot, like whoever does the numbers there.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's probably a dude who is not very good at his job trying to avoid having to interact with the computer / inventory / cash register system outside the bits he already knows

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I've heard of other places tracking drink sales via the cups as well, so it can't be super uncommon.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

aphid_licker posted:

It's probably a dude who is not very good at his job trying to avoid having to interact with the computer / inventory / cash register system outside the bits he already knows

When you're doing the books, just throw enough cups into the dumpster to make the numbers add up to whatever you want them to be. #lifehack

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

it also means you can keep employees from getting to drink soda on the job without paying full price

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Trabisnikof posted:

it also means you can keep employees from getting to drink soda on the job without paying full price

An enterprising employee will notice that they just need to supply their own container to get it for free, unnoticed :evilbuddy:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MRC48B posted:

so the actual problem here is they can't trust the person running the POS to not skim off the cash sales of beverages. I wonder why is that. :thunk:

millenials ruining everything :argh:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

its always funny when some lovely owner does this because a case of soda syrup works out that a 12 oz. glass costs basically nothing to fill with soda. I'm pretty sure the water and electricity usage is the expensive part. they make like 30 gallons

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

its always funny when some lovely owner does this because a case of soda syrup works out that a 12 oz. glass costs basically nothing to fill with soda. I'm pretty sure the water and electricity usage is the expensive part. they make like 30 gallons

oh yeah its absolutely insane like how people get arrested over "stealing" a refill or whatever

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

theyre stealing the profit to which the business owner has a divine right

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I worked at a gas station and like 99% of our profit was from the soda fountain. We could take a loss on basically everything because we had a constant stream of customers coming in 24/7 to buy a dollar big gulp that cost like 5 cents to make

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

the iPhone ringer volume adjustment floating faintly over this image is freaking me out. why is that there

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

the iPhone ringer volume adjustment floating faintly over this image is freaking me out. why is that there

Someone took a screen cap without fully waiting for it to fade. Amateur and shameful

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/1133052831605415936

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trabisnikof posted:

oh yeah its absolutely insane like how people get arrested over "stealing" a refill or whatever

The unwritten contract of soda fountains is that if the customer fills their own cup, they get free refills.

Don’t like giving out free refills? Put the machine behind the counter.

If you want to scrimp on labour costs, free refills is the price demanded.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/chipro/status/1133061580491448320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"""""debate"""" was musk getting dunked on by the entire scientific community