Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

BONGHITZ posted:

Quantum legs that don't work anyway

But he has brouzouf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

basic hitler posted:

nifty archive: bisexual mind control pussy women ver 2.0 (mc nc watersports chairdog blue balls of ibad) by Fr34ky_Fr4nK420
omg someone else remembers the nifty archive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Murray Mantoinette posted:

If he doesn't have legs, doesn't that make him an amputee and not actually a paraplegic?

He has 1 of 3 legs.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I have the Folio Society edition, it's probably one of my most prized possessions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

When are we going to see production pictures of Harkonnen, dammit.

This is from a couple of pages back but Stellan Skarsgard gave an interview a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that he hasn't filmed his part yet. Also sounds like they aren't going to expand the parts with the Baron because he says he's only scheduled to film for two weeks.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Two weeks is pretty long considering the baron will only have indoor scenes with a few other characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's also wearing a fat suit so that probably cuts down on how much actual filming time they're going to do in a day.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

muscles like this! posted:

He's also wearing a fat suit so that probably cuts down on how much actual filming time they're going to do in a day.

Method acting and he put on 300lbs :btroll:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

kiimo posted:

It's like I tell my girlfriend who has been waiting six years for me to propose.

History will call you wife.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I've only read the first three books (so none of the prequels) so I gotta ask, is this legit poo poo that is in them because lmao at "Lord Cyber T-Rex"

What? No, his name is LORD CYBERTREX 8000. Thats his canonical name as dictated by Herbert himself.

Its right there in the Dune wiki. At least it would be if it weren't for young vandals calling him Omicron or whatever. Come on, grow up guys! I liked the Transformers movie as much as the next fellow but that was a toy commericial, not the thought provoking master piece that is The Butlerian Jihad.

About a giant robot named LORD CYBERTREX 8000 and how he, and it is he, made robots rise up against humanity. An orginal plot never conceived of before or since!

Its got people fighting on the backs of giant star cruiser as they crash through the upper atmosphere of a planet. Giant baby killng cyber harvesters. POW! BANG! Pew pew pew!

All the things that made the original trilogy as rich and thought provoking as they were memorable.

Sure it doesnt feature a paragon black parapolegic who fucks or explosive secret gas experiments, but thats just because a book can only have so much nuance before it just seems pretentious.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
Still weird he hasn’t claimed @BillyJeelingAuthor.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Cybertrex comes from the Latin root cybertrex. V learnéd

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Well, I saw the Lynch film at a cinema yesterday and I'd forgotten a *lot* of it e.g. Gurney charging around with a pug in his jacket. Also how blatantly obvious it is that Lynch/the editors had to wrap it up quickly as the whole thing accelerates dramatically towards the end and then just cuts out suddenly.

There were quite a lot of people there, more than I thought given that it's a pretty niche film.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I recommend only the canonical version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

"Could I be Paawl Muaah-Diibuh?"

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Irl lmao at the Jetsons car noise

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

"You shall be known as Usul, which is the strength of the balls of the penis."
:hmmyes:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Can "the strength of the base of the pillar" even mean anything else?

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The "Pillar of Fire" is a secret Fremen weapon :grin:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fire is stored in the Caves

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IjgZGhHrYY

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the likes of which even GAWD has never seen!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Bloop posted:

Fire is stored in the Caves

Wait are we on Arrakis or Bajor

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

experienceBeej posted:

Still weird he hasn’t claimed @BillyJeelingAuthor.

Now I am trying to picture a Lynch rendition of Billy Jeeling. Although there's probably no way of working in a sweaty underpants Sting.

I remember trying to read the failson prequels as a teenager and feeling bewildered that a book about death robots and space battles could somehow be boring!!?!?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wait are we on Arrakis or Bajor

Oh right. Water is stored in the caves.

Arrakis is the opposite of Bajor

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Oh right. Water is stored in the caves.

Arrakis is the opposite of Bajor

Pee is stored in the catch pockets

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poo is stored in the colon (for later extraction via stillsuit poo-vacuum)

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I don't suggest anybody drink the water from these suits! It tastes really bad.

My mouth tastes like rear end ...and dirt... i should not have drank that water... I should have listened... to Paul!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Do stillsuits have catheters or do you just like, piss wildly into them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I forget, what is the poop jerky used for?

Burning maybe? Sniifffffff delicious

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

we had this discussion already. Caths up the dingus and suk-zones in the back. The Fremen are also constatly dropping huge spiced up orange loads from all the stimulation.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

priznat posted:

I forget, what is the poop jerky used for?

Burning maybe? Sniifffffff delicious

Fremen love rugs.
Remember that their diet is very fiber heavy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tell me of your BM, Usul

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Te dehydrated fremen poo pellets are used as ammo for the maula pistool

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

~~brown within brown~~

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Anne Frank Funk posted:

we had this discussion already. Caths up the dingus and suk-zones in the back. The Fremen are also constatly dropping huge spiced up orange loads from all the stimulation.

You think Kynes helped Leto fit the tube desert-fashion?

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
"It is by will alone I set my bowels in motion. It is by the juice of the prune that poops acquire speed, the cheeks acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my bowels in motion."

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Temaukel posted:

"It is by will alone I set my bowels in motion. It is by the juice of the prune that poops acquire speed, the cheeks acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my bowels in motion."

I must eat fiber. Fiber is the poop-former. Fiber is the little help that brings total defecation. I will ingest my fiber. I will permit it to pass into me and through me. And when it has gone past I will open the brown eye to show it its path. Where the fiber has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

I must eat fiber. Fiber is the poop-former. Fiber is the little help that brings total defecation. I will ingest my fiber. I will permit it to pass into me and through me. And when it has gone past I will open the brown eye to show it its path. Where the fiber has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Dook: Poop Planet