Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

TheBigAristotle posted:

These things look dumber each time I see them.

How have people in here done with the Vanguard Marines? Is there a clear winner from the Shadowspear box?

I'm enjoying the suppressors despite their appearances. AP -2 autocannons are nothing to sneeze at and scare light vehicles/marine equivalents. Eliminators are a good, cheap fire magnet but their heavy support slot makes them a little less good. Infiltrators are stupid expensive but I've been seeing some luck running them as a minimum squad I can drop on/near a central objective and force my opponent to deal with while the rest of my army catches up. As for the HQs, the only one I've seen consistent, good use out of is the Librarian. The Obscuation discipline has some really nice debuff spells to throw on important models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Well.... kitten heels and small boob plates. However nice pose and doesn’t appear to be heavy weapon specific for those two sisters.

Those aren't kitten heels. They're (roughly) the same size as the heels on many/most work boots and dress shoes. An entirely normal look.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Booley posted:

Those aren't kitten heels. They're (roughly) the same size as the heels on many/most work boots and dress shoes. An entirely normal look.

Those boob plates look just like my work plates too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Went home from work at 2 due to being very sick. Figured ah well might as well fire up the airbrush and cough into my mask for a bit...

Ooh my god these are so incredible looking. Seeing amazing Ad Mech is pure inspiration for me to do better with painting mine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

Those boob plates look just like my work plates too.

Compared to the skull bra carapace armor of previous generations I think it's a significant improvement.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I expect the Sisters of Battle release to be a disappointment anyway, considering the way Games Workshop betrayed the ork community with only two vehicle kits in Orktober.

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008

Ayn Marx posted:

I expect the Sisters of Battle release to be a disappointment anyway, considering the way Games Workshop betrayed the ork community with only two vehicle kits in Orktober.

Is this a bannable offense yet?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Ayn Marx posted:

It's hard to tell whether these posts are supposed to be funny or just a continuous source of purposefully dragging down this thread. Either way, gently caress off.

Everything they've shown for the new SoB has been leagues ahead of the current ancient range.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Ayn Marx posted:

I expect it to be like the initial Genestealer Cult release—pretty big, but with obvious holes that don’t get patched for years.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

nite_moogle posted:

Is it time for you to move to reddit?

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

The thing that bugs me about the sisters is that they're meant to be wearing power armour, but they just seem to be wearing ornate plate armour with a big backpack on. I thought power armour was meant to be so heavy you can't move properly in it without it augmenting your strength?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Perhaps not the best time to link this one but finally finished a model after like two months of inactivity, in this case Amalyn Shadowguide from Blackstone Fortress that I picked up as stand alone a while ago.

Problem is now that I'm all out of primer. Not sure if I want to wait for the new Contrast ones or pick up a new can of Black asap.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Psyber Spine posted:

The thing that bugs me about the sisters is that they're meant to be wearing power armour, but they just seem to be wearing ornate plate armour with a big backpack on. I thought power armour was meant to be so heavy you can't move properly in it without it augmenting your strength?

No, because the fluff has included e.g. Inquisitors using lighter sorts of power armor for ages. The whole point of power armor in most science fiction, all the way back to when Robert Heinlen invented it in the book Starship Troopers, is that it’s armor with powered moving components designed to augment the user’s strength, not heavier armor that requires prodigious user strength. Marine power armor being so huge that you need enhanced strength to wear it is pretty unusual, and the setting has always had the more conventional “wearable by a regular person, makes them stronger and tougher and faster” sorts of power armor accessible to non-Marines.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

These models look great.

I’m the cherub irl

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finished Andrew WK

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Happy with the Sisters, because it’s consistent with their look as an army; it’s not some cheesecake bullshit in an otherwise regular one, or that fuckin’ Infinity biker, the armour style is well cemented as their look. I hope for that reason they also ditch or entirely rework those horrid Eviscerator troops whose name I’ve entirely purged from my brain.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Repentia, and yeah.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Psyber Spine posted:

In the fluff power armour as worn by Marines is way better than the stuff other people get, with the caveat they need all the gene stuff and the Black Carapace to be able to use it. Regular people get regular, not as good power armour. On the table the effect is no different though.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
I toxxed that I'd paint a knight if UK came higher than last place in Eurovision last weekend in the Discord, we came last and I really wanted to paint a knight, so I compromised with a baby knight.

As fast as he was to paint, it would've been less brush wrecking with an airbrush. :rip: trusty size 2

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Does Brexit include leaving Eurovision?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

TheBigAristotle posted:

Does Brexit include leaving Eurovision?

If it did, Farage would've had my vote long ago.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Australia is in year 5 of Eurovision after a single year guest place, there is no leaving.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
drat, globalism strikes again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

I toxxed that I'd paint a knight if UK came higher than last place in Eurovision last weekend in the Discord, we came last and I really wanted to paint a knight, so I compromised with a baby knight.

As fast as he was to paint, it would've been less brush wrecking with an airbrush. :rip: trusty size 2

That is a yeoman's paintjob and I appreciate it.

That paintjob owns and operates his own plumbing company, is worried about the loan it took out on its ford transit van and is trying to find a new bar after the one run by his nephew's brother in law was closed by the state last fall.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Eifert Posting posted:

That is a yeoman's paintjob and I appreciate it.

That paintjob owns and operates his own plumbing company, is worried about the loan it took out on its ford transit van and is trying to find a new bar after the one run by his nephew's brother in law was closed by the state last fall.

red_corsairs.txt

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Happy with the Sisters, because it’s consistent with their look as an army; it’s not some cheesecake bullshit in an otherwise regular one, or that fuckin’ Infinity biker, the armour style is well cemented as their look. I hope for that reason they also ditch or entirely rework those horrid Eviscerator troops whose name I’ve entirely purged from my brain.

I like the idea of a near-suicidal melee frontline, but aesthetically I'd like them to be reworked as well.

Something like still unarmored, but in robes or the Sisters of Battle equivalent to a Nun's habit.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I can’t unsee that weird ear grille on the Retributor’s helmet. That is definitely a new part of the design and it looks dreadful.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So i had the day off from work and got in a game of 40k. I played versus Ultramarines with my Orks. I'm not doing a full batrep but i will give some highlights:

1. Da Jumping 25 shoota boyz 9" from a squad of intercessors and TacMarines, unloading 50 shots and 25 melee attacks, and killing only 5 tactical marines total.

2. My SAG Big Mek (with Souped up Shokka) rolling a 3 for strength with no targets other than a Razorback available, and then proceeding to kill it from full HP with 10 shots and 3 wounding hits

3. Almost killing a Primaris Lieutenant in Overwatch with Tankbusta bombs, but missing the kill by one damage.

4. Drawing Secure OBJ 5 on my first turn, and never scoring it because it was in my opponents deployment zone.

5. My Morkanaut costing me D3 victory points by whiffing 6 shots of his Kustom Mega-Zappa, plus the rest of his shooting, against my opponents warlord, who would've been the third character i needed for Assassinate.

It was an awesome game filled with a lot of tension and fun moments. The kind of game that really makes me enjoy slamming hams

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Floppychop posted:

I like the idea of a near-suicidal melee frontline, but aesthetically I'd like them to be reworked as well.

Something like still unarmored, but in robes or the Sisters of Battle equivalent to a Nun's habit.

Yeah, it wouldn't be that hard.Keep, the masks and give them backless robes with scarred up backs.That seems like it fits the theme without being bdsm titty warriors.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I painted (most of) a thing:

The head is a stock Mortal Kombat Skorpion head, I wanted to keep as much of the Funko aesthetic as possible while still making it :krad:. The body paint is all me, tho.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

moths posted:

The head is a stock Mortal Kombat Skorpion head, I wanted to keep as much of the Funko aesthetic as possible while still making it :krad:. The body paint is all me, tho.

You made me reconsider my opinions on funkos for a second so this is good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy launches tomorrow for Steam, this is an expansion for Inquisitor - Martyr and adds the Tech-Adept Inquisitor as a playable class to the game, and the Eldar and the Tyranids are new enemies that you will fight. :black101: I am really excited for this expansion. Martyr is my favorite WH40K title and I have a thread for it here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859656

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

moths posted:

I wanted to keep as much of the Funko aesthetic as possible

nite_moogle posted:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I can see the new SoB armor being more challenging to paint. I suck at doing gradient surfaces, and the previous ridges were pretty straightforward highlighting affairs. Maybe the Contrast Paints will help!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Necrons are getting an index and it'll be previewed on Warhammer TV on Friday at 4pm British time. Likely out in June's white dwarf.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I hope they update the Necron Warrior sculpts, I hate the power-squat

Billy_Delicious
Sep 3, 2018
Hi there, just lookibg for critique on this list. Running knights as I just think they're cool. Any obviously good units I should include?

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Renegade Knights) [43 PL, 3CP, 763pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [3CP]

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 172pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Two armiger autocannons

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 172pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Two armiger autocannons

Renegade Knight [25 PL, 419pts]: Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword
. Rapid-fire battle cannon and heavy stubber: Heavy stubber, Rapid-fire battle cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [78 PL, 8CP, 1,236pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour [6 PL, 117pts]: Chainfist, Combi-plasma

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 112pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality, Combi-bolter, Force stave

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 80pts]
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

. Plague Champion

. Plague Champion

. Plague Champion

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

+ Fast Attack +[
Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

[b]Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 289pts]:
2x Butcher cannon array, 2x Hellflamer, Nurgle

[b]++ Total: [121 PL, 11CP, 1999 points

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What kind of basing would work well with these guys? I'm thinking a sandy base maybe with some ruins or Eldar things since their fluff is that they're on a holiday. What do the colour matching boffins think? Mars bases look cool but I'm meh on them. Other option is just imperial sector type bases because they are also happy to steal poo poo from imperials.

They're not highlighted on the cloaks and missing lots of details, but they're pretty dark even when done.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Probably a lightly coloured base theme at least to offset their dark colours. One suggestion would be to check the WHTV base painting guides but otherwise go for a Wasteland or a forest base.

Also if you have any way of making Eldar ruins I'd be curious to hear how as I kind of wanted to do that for my Wraithguard bases to look similar to the Farseer base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I did my guys on Martian Ironearth over a layer of Khorne Red. Very simple, but looks good imo.