Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Moola posted:

https://i.imgur.com/L9u9gDQ.mp4

gently caress this poo poo...

:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/Thrones_Memes/status/1133004115565588480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Sentient brows

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
We are all (the guy who played Varys)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Emilia Clark has 70,000 independent muscles for each eyebrow.

Thank God she's always cast as emotionless, stoic characters that can't express themselves.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Emilia Clark is the greatest (method) actress ever put to film

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Emilia Clark has 70,000 independent muscles for each eyebrow.

Thank God she's always cast as emotionless, stoic characters that can't express themselves.

She was ok in Me Before You.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Moola posted:

https://i.imgur.com/L9u9gDQ.mp4

gently caress this poo poo...

lenas just like, this is loving stupid

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

underage at the vape shop posted:

I didn't realize that was her in the glasses and 1st grade art teacher smock.

I thought that was a staffer risking everything to mock the "serious moment".

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

underage at the vape shop posted:

The little hand pat she gives him. :3:

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

It's because he has no balls

See I can write for this show too

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Two friends over the weekend made passionate arguments that all the seasons have been equally good and satisfying because they started the whole show again from the start once it was over and couldn't see any difference.

I can't get that. I really can't.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Drunken Baker posted:

Two friends over the weekend made passionate arguments that all the seasons have been equally good and satisfying because they started the whole show again from the start once it was over and couldn't see any difference.

It's quite simple, really.

They're idiots.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Drunken Baker posted:

Did you show them that graph about words per episode?

tbh though it's probably just sunk cost fallacy. They invested so much time they prefer to "like it" because that means they didn't waste all that time.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Drunken Baker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEpYUTbE6w

watch this and tell me that the end is as good as the beginning

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Just wanted to say this thread’s title is better written than all of season 8 thank you and goodbye

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I think people need less doses of internet

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Fewer.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Drunken Baker posted:

See, first time watching through I would have said something similar. Rewatching without just trying to remember who was who and what side they were on is what made me "wtf why would...what..." constantly.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh for I imagine there'd be a frog in boiling water effect if you were watching it all in one go for the first time.

I'm just going to avoid talking about it with them from now on. They always do that thing where you'll raise a complaint about one thing (I was talking about the Iron Fleet) and they just started going off on one about how Arya killing the Night King was badass and well set up because she's an assassin. They'll just always change the subject and it's baffling.

YEAH BUT THE BOOK IS A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE AND THE SHOW IS GAME OF THRONES SO IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT THE NIGHT KING HE WAS NEVER IMPORTANT THE THRONE AND WHO WINS IT IS THE IMPORTANT PART...

tl;dr

Captain Splendid posted:

It's quite simple, really.

They're idiots.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEpYUTbE6w

watch this and tell me that the end is as good as the beginning
is that entire video about him because its much more than an entire episode long and yet his story eventually went nowhere

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
He porked Arya and then got dumped

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He also ran about a hundred miles in a single afternoon during that "capture a zombie" adventure to get back to Eastwatch.

Seriously that episode is so loving stupid. Gendry runs a hundred miles in half a day, and then Dany flies north and rescues everyone before dawn the next morning. She must have got a Skype call from Eastwatch to leave so early.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
They did make the world seem a lot smaller and smaller with each season

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

He also ran about a hundred miles in a single afternoon during that "capture a zombie" adventure to get back to Eastwatch.

Seriously that episode is so loving stupid. Gendry runs a hundred miles in half a day, and then Dany flies north and rescues everyone before dawn the next morning. She must have got a Skype call from Eastwatch to leave so early.

IMO if they still had other plotlines going it could have spaced those scenes further apart and made it feel to the audience as if more time had passed, even if it still didn't hold up logic wise.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
The night king is/was a targeryan right?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
No he was just some guy who wanted eternal night because he was an rear end in a top hat

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Emilia Clarke isn't a good actress, she might even be terrible. But the interviews and behind the scenes stuff I've seen of her and her eyebrows this season has kind of won me over as far as liking her.

I think she should try more comedic stuff, not saying funny lines and acting alot, but just being a character actor who looks funny, kind of like a Clint Howard. Though there might be some prejudice and stuff towards an attractive woman doing these kind of files.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Dany go on the roof and tell me if you can see the core

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Randarkman posted:

Emilia Clarke isn't a good actress, she might even be terrible. But the interviews and behind the scenes stuff I've seen of her and her eyebrows this season has kind of won me over as far as liking her.

I think she should try more comedic stuff, not saying funny lines and acting alot, but just being a character actor who looks funny, kind of like a Clint Howard. Though there might be some prejudice and stuff towards an attractive woman doing these kind of files.

she already did some light rom-com stuff, but I think it wasn't very popular

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

to me that whole thing north of the wall was where the show went off the rails

the justification for it was terrible, and it was clearly just an excuse to bring all the main characters together and connect the dany & night king plotlines

e: which was the common trend in the worst bits of the show near the end. we need to make X, Y, and Z happen -- what's the simplest way to do that?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The dany and night king plotlines should have converged when the night king wrecked the 7 kingdoms from one side and laid siege to kings landing and then Dany and her band of crazy fucks and dragons show up on the other side and then a giant George R. R. Martin comes crashing down from the skies as a meteor and just obliterates the entire world

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

mike12345 posted:

she already did some light rom-com stuff, but I think it wasn't very popular

Not really what I was thinking of I were to guess. I want something where she can put her eyebrows to good use.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imo it would have been cool if the knight king and bran had a parlay and came to an agreement and teamed up

woulda been neat to see the blue dragon and orange dragons be friends again and wreck poo poo with multicoloured flames

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kazak posted:

Dany go on the roof and tell me if you can see the core

lmfao

the documentary is definitely the most hilarious part of this whole saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AV material.