Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i really need to get a leveling plan together for GBR. with 100% armory bonus it shouldnt be horrible going 60-70. a poo poo ton of HoH and dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The switch to unskippable cutscenes came right in between me doing Praetorium and Castrum, so I'm totally on the side of the current version. It'd be better if you could do it solo or something, but right now is a pretty good deal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, the 260/270 "fending" stuff from the shire is a good way to spend some poes for GBR. Also grab a micro tomestone and 10 scripture (I think) tokens so you can buy a weapon when it goes in.

I feel like it's also a safe assumption that DNC is using the aiming stuff since it's classified as a ranged dps with BRD and MCH.
Could use the Scouting equipment, since that's also Dex.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

queeb posted:

i really need to get a leveling plan together for GBR. with 100% armory bonus it shouldnt be horrible going 60-70. a poo poo ton of HoH and dungeons.
Just spam your highest-level SB dungeon. Not only will that give you good equipment so you never have to pay for it, it goes pretty quick. 60-70 isn't bad, 50-60 is worse and 45-50 is easily my least favorite stretch of leveling in the game.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hate MSQ roulette. There's nothing else. I just don't want people to think it's "not that bad" when it is fully terrible.

Maybe join a hunt linkshell and use that for your poetics farming instead of continuing to grind content that you hate.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
MSQ roulette is good cause I can play on my switch during the cutscenes. I hope the relic in ShB is like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I get a big titty sword waifu.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Frabba posted:

Maybe join a hunt linkshell and use that for your poetics farming instead of continuing to grind content that you hate.

queues will probably be bad with all the dancer/gunbreaker people.. like me. but yeah with 100% bonus plus potentially lowering exp needed.

did they lower HW exp needed to level at SB launch?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't be a stupid dick, you know perfectly well I'm only expressing my own opinion. "Strawman" isn't an FF14 job.

I mean, that seems like a generous interpretation to me, but I'll take your word for it

queeb posted:

queues will probably be bad with all the dancer/gunbreaker people.. like me. but yeah with 100% bonus plus potentially lowering exp needed.

did they lower HW exp needed to level at SB launch?

Nah, just the alt bonus from 50% to 100% for 50-60.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they can't go back and change the actual numbers because it would gently caress up people in the middle of leveling, so they just change the bonus exp.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I just finished the ARR story today (holy poo poo the cutscenes) and now I have access to the MSQ Roulette so this is a useful conversation for me. Is the Duty Roulette really only useful sub-50? I've run the last few days as WHM because of the role bonus thing, but in low 50's it seems like the XP gain is proportionally so small for what these levels require. Is that just the pace of the game slowing down or is something coming when I hit the next expansion content? I've been trying to level up some lower-level classes too so it's not that I object to using Roulette for that, just curious really.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

the once daily reward for it is pretty massive. MSQ DR gives me 5 million exp if its praetorium, which is like half a level at level 69. ldr is like 1/3 a level. alliance roulette is also massive exp.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
do each roulette once a day, but only once. Levelling > ADR > Trials > MSQ by time investment to xp

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

isk posted:

Nah, just the alt bonus from 50% to 100% for 50-60.
They'll likely also continue their trend of nerfing HP across the board of the 61-69 dungeons to up the clear speed a bit on average.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Zoig posted:

Its not as big a deal now as it used to be, and it will matter even less by shadowbringers, since all life gives you is nastrond and nothing else, and blood is on a 30 second cooldown. If its correct that from now on it only needs 2 eyes to activate it only really takes 30 seconds and in dungeons that's enough time to get there and kill a mob with it, and in raids you can keep it going for a extra 20 seconds on top of whatever time you have stacked by just recasting at the last few seconds, or just do it before you do your fang or wheel to get to maximum quickly again.

Honestly I never really had problems with blood after they reduced the count to 3, but the new changes look like as long as you don't sleep at the keyboard you should be good to at least do blood every fight no problem.

Yeah, any time you're running dungeons with halfway competent players it's fine. It's all the lovely tanks I get who want to wait for 30+ seconds before each boss and then use a 10s or 15s countdown that are the problem.

Plus there's stuff like Suzaku EX's intermission or the O10S add phase, or O11S level checker being doable but very awkward (granted, BotD now giving 30s would help a ton with this last one, and two eyes per life would make the whole phase to be quite a bit different.)

I mean, you're right. It's absolutely not a big problem. It is a persistent annoyance, though, and honestly I don't think this is much to ask for.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Reminder we're supposed to get NewGame+ in 5.0

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hate MSQ roulette. There's nothing else. I just don't want people to think it's "not that bad" when it is fully terrible.

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. It’s not for you. You literally have to run each of those dungeons once each ever. How is this a problem afflicting your everyday okay?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RuanGacho posted:

Reminder we're supposed to get NewGame+ in 5.0

i was bummed to learn limited jobs cant do MSQ because i wanted to play 1-50 as BLU, but i still excited

e: also it'll be cool if you can minimum ilevel the solo duties

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mordiceius posted:

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. It’s not for you. You literally have to run each of those dungeons once each ever. How is this a problem afflicting your everyday okay?

I mean, that doesn't mean it's not a problem, and that's his only point. Sometimes you just gotta scream into the void, ya know?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

queeb posted:

what can i spend poes on anyways? im always capped.
convert poes to accesories to convert to GC seals to convert to cordials to convert to GP to convert into gather experience and/or more poo poo you just gathered to convert to more poo poo you just crafted to convert to more poo poo you just sold to convert to gil.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just spam your highest-level SB dungeon. Not only will that give you good equipment so you never have to pay for it, it goes pretty quick. 60-70 isn't bad, 50-60 is worse and 45-50 is easily my least favorite stretch of leveling in the game.
Leveled a white mage to 70 this weekend from 60 and alternating between doing dungeons on matching level for chain bonus, then doing roulette and Heaven on high between to break up monotony worked out pretty well.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I decided to have a rematch.

https://twitter.com/TenChiJinHeart/status/1132857752928235520

I think the second one came out better, but I admit The Aery doesn't look as imposing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oops, my hand slipped.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oops, my hand slipped.

You made a dog and you didn't cover it in facepaint

what is this skullduggery

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oops, my hand slipped.

Just need some pince nez and some forehead dots and you're there.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, the 260/270 "fending" stuff from the shire is a good way to spend some poes for GBR. Also grab a micro tomestone and 10 scripture (I think) tokens so you can buy a weapon when it goes in.

Alternatively do what I did and buy lots of Deep Gob items

(ffs)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 28, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Handsome hrothgar grandpa has no time to bother with face paint, doubly so as DRK.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Just need some pince nez and some forehead dots and you're there.

I don't get this reference.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 28, 2019

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oops, my hand slipped.

I am conflicted that you, too, have discovered that handsome grandad lion is the best Hrothgar, and the secret is out. But good on you, that looks very good.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Handsome hrothgar grandpa has no time to both with face paint, doubly so as DRK.

I don't get this reference.

Godbert. The cat looks like Godbert.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

queeb posted:

what can i spend poes on anyways? im always capped.

leveling gear for alts, mostly.

once that's done you can buy like, 70% of the items you need for the HW relic with poetics. i think it's like 12k poetics total for most of the stuff? I constantly go and buy random things you need and stuff them in my chocobo saddlebags.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GvyONDzucMGOumefWGHiUgq0FXLCtKq0ciqKoTbj2Mg/edit#gid=794183342

big things are the unid bone/shell/etc, the 5 aether oil and 50 singing clusters. also, you can't buy them until you unlock it, but once you do i think you can buy as much umbrite and crystal sand as you want for future weapons.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Cabbit posted:

Godbert. The cat looks like Godbert.

......he does not.

......does he?

edit:

Okay, I can see the resemblance. Sort of.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 28, 2019

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bobfly posted:

I am conflicted that you, too, have discovered that handsome grandad lion is the best Hrothgar, and the secret is out. But good on you, that looks very good.
Yeah I am almost certainly go with something similar. It's just too good a look to skip.

My friend described it as "the most british cat".

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Truly, it is a Shaun Hrothgarry.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
God, I cannot wait to start using the power of the BLOOD LILY. I suppose in a perfect world where the other abilities won't get changed this would give WHM some insane AoE alphastrike power with the right setup: Blood Lily AoE, Assize and then Swiftcast+Holy would probably do a lot of damage real quick. Obviously it wouldn't work on every mob group/the start of the dungeon but the few times it can be pulled off would probably be glorious.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Asimo posted:

Yeah I am almost certainly go with something similar. It's just too good a look to skip.

My friend described it as "the most british cat".

Dag, I may have to put the stripes back in for the extra-haggard look.

edit: wait, that's not stripes.... Face paint?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just for you, I went back into the character creator and de-aged the old man. That's probably what he looked like when he was younger.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 28, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Make your Lionos look as much like Sam Elliot as possible

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Me, I'm aiming for as much eighties knock-off action figure of the He-man toyline as possible.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

unseenlibrarian posted:

Me, I'm aiming for as much eighties knock-off action figure of the He-man toyline as possible.

More like thundercats :hfive:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How are you guys making Mega Man Lion Men already? Do you all have the test client?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

the benchmark has a character creator built in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TulliusCicero posted:

How are you guys making Mega Man Lion Men already? Do you all have the test client?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/