Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hard drive killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tender Bender posted:

In Splatoon 2 aren't you blocked from queuing into turf war with your friends, and isn't all chat handled through the phone app?

You can play Turf War with friends, it’s just you’re not guaranteed to play on the same team. So you may play with a friend one game and against them the next two, and the next one they’re back on your team.

So it’s simultaneously better and dumber than not playing with friends at all.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Brother Entropy posted:

they're not going to do this when they can easily patch it in a month later instead

Is is something that could easily be implemented? I'm sorry for being really ignorant about game development, but would this be something they could get out in a patch within a month?

Otherwise, I'll be expecting people to spam one star reviews of the games on every major retail sit

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Willo567 posted:

I know you're joking, but I do have a feeling that they're going to delay it by a month due to all of the backlash

I know they could patch it, but is it really something they can implement within a month? Has the game gone gold already?

There is zero chance this happens, even if for the first time ever they seriously consider addressing complaints that their online sucks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't believe President Bowser let this happen to Mario Maker 2's online multiplayer. I don't understand.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pokemon.com/us/press-conference/

Pokemon press conference starts at 9pm Eastern (a few minutes from now) talking about a lot of stuff.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Is is something that could easily be implemented? I'm sorry for being really ignorant about game development, but would this be something they could get out in a patch within a month?

Otherwise, I'll be expecting people to spam one star reviews of the games on every major retail sit

i mean i'm not super knowledgable about game development either but given that it's all online stuff we're talking about not much needs to be changed on like, physical carts or the data on our switchs. i'm assuming it's mostly server-side stuff necessary to make it so we as players can decide who we're lobbying up with instead of just getting randos

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I'm staring down xenoblade chronicles 2 and ffxii, not too sure which one to get. I've been pinning for xii, but my little brother has been raving about xenoblade 2. Is there a chance xenoblade will ever be on sale?

Edit: Actually, maybe I should wait and see if xenoblade 2 ever re-releases with dlc added to it. Probably won't though, considering it's Nintendo.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 29, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
The Pokemon press stream is starting now, and it appears to be in Japanese, English, and Chinese.

e: Huh, the Chinese audio isn't playing for me anymore, so I'm not quite sure how this is working now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

detective pikachu coming to switch, was kinda vague if it was a sequel or a port with more of an ending

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Detective Pikachu 2: Electric Pikachu

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

They've just announced that Pokemon are real now and they've built pokemon centers to heal them at. Fascinating if true.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

congrats to china on getting the massively popular pokemon phone game....pokemon quest

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh hey an actual announcment: pokemon home, which is basically the new pokemon bank that connects to the 3ds games, switch games and pokemon go

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

This looks like Pokemon Sleep, what

e: holy poo poo it really is called Pokemon Sleep

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
it looks like you can sleep with pokemon now

finally

thank you nintendo for giving us the fans what we've wanted for so long

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lmfao pokemon is doing iwatas QoL

Truly the man is still helping the company from the great beyond

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Casull posted:

This looks like Pokemon Sleep, what

lmao literally the name

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133542985855930368

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PYF Pokémon you would sleep with.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

WE'RE the reason you'll wake up in the morning. THE ONLY REASON!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

we here at the pokemon company understand you live in a hellish unceasing existence and dread waking up every day

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i was just bitching about how anemic the gameplay is for pokemon then they bust out with this

ahaha that's awesome, game freak really is the most :effort: company ever and now they're just rubbing it in

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

KingSlime posted:

game freak really is the most :effort: company ever and now they're just rubbing it in

Speaking of which

Pokedude: I don't know man we're calling it the plus plus or something.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
okay guys this is getting weird, i'm getting sketched out

fuckkkkkk all of this

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
*romantic/seductive soap opera music plays in the background*

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm in tears laughing at work about that Pokemon QoL. That poo poo is so dumb, holy gently caress.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

you know what, if gamifying my sleep helps combat my problems with insomnia then bring it the gently caress on

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

you know what, if gamifying my sleep helps combat my problems with insomnia then bring it the gently caress on

Agreed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Health and data trackers are good.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Imagine thinking a phone app that tracks your sleep is a show ending announcement.

Oh man my expectations for e3 have been reset, thank you game freak.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nobody wants to be friends with Cynthia.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh look an actual game!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Uhh this Pokemon stuff is a week long thing. Lol if you came into tonight expecting anything more than retail stores and phone games.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pokemon finally getting its own waifu gacha game

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Finally Pokemon gets its gacha game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

American McGay posted:

Uhh this Pokemon stuff is a week long thing. Lol if you came into tonight expecting anything more than retail stores and phone games.

yep i found out about it via the thread so there's literally zero expectations here, or for any other pokemon announcement for that matter

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I want to force someone I know to wear that Magikarp shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Give me a Porygon shirt!