Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Choyi posted:

RIP healers, and with that possibly the end of what used to be a fairly healthy end game scene, it was fun while it lasted, can't help but feel expansion looking worse for every bit of info released.

I understand people may feel disappointed when expectations don’t align with reality but posting hyperbole like this is just loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BrightWing posted:

Not to distract from SCH chat, which is important, but anyone else get the feeling that GNB is PLD but better?

Not really? PLD has stronger burst healing, Sheltron should be mildly stronger than GNB's equivalent, and PLD has a portion of their rotation that can be done at range and on the move.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BrightWing posted:

Not to distract from SCH chat, which is important, but anyone else get the feeling that GNB is PLD but better?

Aesthetically every tank is PLD but better. :v:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kotaku interview with Yoshida. Some interesting excerpts:

https://twitter.com/purrmaid/status/1133805480516542465
https://twitter.com/Ayveree/status/1133801836736126976

quote:

You may be familiar with the [Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade] where we had a Final Fantasy XIV float participate. After that event, players in the Korean regions were very uncomfortable with it and people made complaints about now wanting to see that. “This is disgusting!” Things like that. It’s been very tough.

Change is happening. People are becoming more aware and understanding. Values do shift, but I think the pace...is very different depending on individuals. It’s a difficult and delicate situation. It requires us to understand and know how things are around the world.

For some reason I never thought of Korea as the kind of place where there would be that kind of backlash, but I'm also ridiculously ignorant of it.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

I didn't see anything on this in the OP, is there a cross world goon linkshell?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BrightWing posted:

Not really, defensively PLD seems stronger. Single target damage on GNB will probably be higher but AOE might swing to paladin

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BrightWing posted:

No

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

PLD is a durable black mage with a sword now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Healers die, and the DPS dances. When will they stop dancing? When will it stop? The DPS won't stop dancing, not until healers are gone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That bit about the Korean backlash makes me sad.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Cabbit posted:

For some reason I never thought of Korea as the kind of place where there would be that kind of backlash, but I'm also ridiculously ignorant of it.

Gonna break from the healer sadness to say YoshiP really is a good guy. I know we'll probably see people having joke weddings or pictures being like "oh wow look at these burly roe men in dresses ha ha ha" but, like...for the people who still want that sort of body, even reflected in game, but still wish to express themselves with feminine attire, or vice versa for masculine attire, this sort of news is really uplifting.

like, yeah, there's a certain degree of joy in that you can choose the kind of body you want in a online experience - but that makes it so binary and leaves some people in the cold, and I'm glad he and the dev team recognize this.

Small hope they address pronouns some day but that probably has understandable logistical issues.

Also yeah, kind of anecdotal but my mother's side of the family is South Korean so I vaguely pay attention and LGBT rights there in general really weren't a thing until like, "within the past 9 years" levels of recently. Like in the most recent election even, only one of seventeen candidates supported homosexuality, let alone the rest of it, and the president's stance, whom is a member of what could be considered their progressive party, is that gay soldiers could undermine the military.

it's kind of a really sad state of affairs.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 29, 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is Inner Chaos really just inner beast with a lame particle effect on the upswing? Or was that something else shown in the role trailer.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
healers are 300% better in shab which is pretty obvious if you have extensive healer experience like me

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah pld looks like it has an amazing kit now

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
When GNB get a wings ability but it's a bunch of guns shooting out of its back, I'd consider a switch.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'll play GNB when they get a gun-axe.

KoB
May 1, 2009

and yet they continue to add genderlocked glamour and refuse to budge on generlocked idle poses.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Givin posted:

When GNB get a wings ability but it's a bunch of guns shooting out of its back, I'd consider a switch.

Nah, just guns pop out of everywhere like the Heavyarms Custom.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
My other hot take for the day: Raid meta's not going to shift just because they cut the damage down debuffs. All the other dumb buffs still exist

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

KoB posted:

and yet they continue to add genderlocked glamour and refuse to budge on generlocked idle poses.

And they also keep giving female characters lovely versions of armor sets with holes in them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Saint Freak posted:

Healers die, and the DPS dances. When will they stop dancing? When will it stop? The DPS won't stop dancing, not until healers are gone.

I kinda wish I played a female now so I could main a Dancer wearing Yuna's clothes.

You think we could get the Sending as a Level 90 or 99 skill?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
PLD still has its spread out long rotation, GNB looks like it focuses it in that 6 button combo it can do every 30seconds coupled with their self buff. Cover losing its damage mitigation doesn’t effect its main role of cheesing targeted abilities, and the defense buff plus regen serves different situations than clemency.

It’s surprising that the GNB invuln has the same cooldown as hallowed. It’s effectively not much different, save that healers need to do something during that 8 seconds or before the next instance of damage. Honestly aoe heals might cover it, but it depends on mechanics.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'll play GNB when they get a gun-axe.

Every class should get a gun variant. MNK gets gun tonfas, SCH/SMN get gun books, MCH gets a smaller gun mounted on their existing gun.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mymla posted:

And they also keep giving female characters lovely versions of armor sets with holes in them.

or booty shorts with thigh-highs instead of pants.

I dont mind that these exist, I just want the option of both.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

or booty shorts with thigh-highs instead of pants.

I dont mind that these exist, I just want the option of both.

I agree with this but it isn't like it is booty shorts or nothing. There are plenty of pants or full armorcsets

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

KoB posted:

Yeah I like the message and I don't doubt that yoship is a cool guy but the contrast between this and "check out Dancer and its very divergent male and female AF looks" is kind of a head scratcher. At least they're going to be opening up tuxes and possibly the wedding dress?

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

This is cool and good.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gishin posted:

This is cool and good.

Sadly still no male viera *shakes head*

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Leal posted:

Sadly still no male viera *shakes head*

This is lame and bad.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BrightWing posted:

On the contrary the pieces they've added to PLD's kit have made me want to get it leveled even more, now. PLD's now a tanky-rear end proper magic knight doing magic knight things, the new AoE options look super dope.

Honestly I like how all the tanks ended up looking for this. DRK losing Dark Arts makes it less fiddly overall which might be enough for my brain to handle properly since I couldn't get my head around it before, and that fiddlyness being confined to a single 30s combo chain on GNB means I like that class even more.

Lord help me, 5.0 is when I become a tank main.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

faptown posted:

Every class should get a gun variant. MNK gets gun tonfas, SCH/SMN get gun books, MCH gets a smaller gun mounted on their existing gun.

The day SAM gets Jetstream Sam's gun-katana is the day I die a happy man.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Gishin posted:

This is lame and bad.

Not as lame and bad as Viera are to begin with though.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

Not really? PLD has stronger burst healing, Sheltron should be mildly stronger than GNB's equivalent, and PLD has a portion of their rotation that can be done at range and on the move.

havent checked tank changes yet but am i reading this right in that uhh... paladin has on the move stuff and the gun class doesnt?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/purrmaid/status/1133805480516542465
https://twitter.com/Ayveree/status/1133801836736126976

It seems in this case those Koreans are the ones being ridiculously ignorant...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blast of Confetti posted:

havent checked tank changes yet but am i reading this right in that uhh... paladin has on the move stuff and the gun class doesnt?

He's referring to how paladin now has a trait that makes all their spells instacast

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
Was there some kind of mechanic for RDM in the live letter where they were penalized for moving by their mana gauge being depleted or did I hallucinate that?

Also don’t get mad at healers for complaining that their brain dead job is getting more drain dead.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

DapperDuck posted:

Was there some kind of mechanic for RDM in the live letter where they were penalized for moving by their mana gauge being depleted or did I hallucinate that?

Also don’t get mad at healers for complaining that their brain dead job is getting more drain dead.

That seems to have been a translation error.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man WAR is actually looks really drat good as well.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

queeb posted:

WAR didn't get too many flashy changes, this is because WAR was already the best.

"oh, what do we need to do with WAR? Uhhh, here, let's fix Raw Intuition, give them a Bloodbath they can share, and, oh, Super Fell Cleave and Super Decimate. Oh right and we have to remove Convalescence so throw that on Thrill for them. They'll love that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

queeb posted:

All the DPS classes look good. DRK, MCH, WAR, there's not a bad one among the bunch.

Plus they added healers to the game so I won't have to Vercure myself so much on RDM. :v: