Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That person should never be allowed to write again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

WHAT THE UNHOLY gently caress IS THAT BULLSHIT

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is almost amazing at just how awful that sounds.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OgretailFood posted:

WHAT THE UNHOLY gently caress IS THAT BULLSHIT

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Pokemon Reborn: Options? Aren't those the things from Gradius?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mersenne posted:

Don't ask me how dead characters with relationship points will be accounted for here, your guess is as good as mine.

:ghost: :hf: :pkmnwhy:

Edit: Cowards can't even get to 108 for their field hell battle gauntlet.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Huh, no gauntlet where you need to fight all the pokemon ever, one after the other (based on their pokedex number), and when they fall it says they died rather than getting knocked out? Pretty tame I'd say.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pokemon Reborn: WHAT THE UNHOLY gently caress IS THAT BULLSHIT

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

The only thing that should be fite-ing is cat durids.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"Oh boy I hope E19 comes out soon so OFS can finally put this mess behind him forever" *Another finger on the monkey's paw curls menacingly*

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

some LEGENDARY content.
see what i did there.
but actually there are like 76 legendaries and you've Gotta Catch 'Em All™
'cept we already gave you, like, five.
so you'll have to Get 71 More™
now i'm sure you're wondering. "But Cass, that's so many legendaries! How do you intent to pu-"
QUESTS.
39 of them to be exact. it is why this bar is so big.
see, we _could_ just be like "oh look! it's a mew in the corner in byxbysion and you have to go to this specific spot to get it!"

but nah, man.

that ain't us.

we have quests. for all of them.
*nervous chuckle

im sure these will be great quests that really stand out and DEFINITELY don't follow "you have to go to this specific spot"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Like is "FITE" some sort of acronym or like... why is it constantly in all caps

(the sad thing is, if it heals between fights I might actually enjoy a post-game boss rush like that, because I'm weird.)

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

First of all, god I hate the way this post is written.

Second:

quote:

QUESTS.
39 of them to be exact. it is why this bar is so big.
see, we _could_ just be like "oh look! it's a mew in the corner in byxbysion and you have to go to this specific spot to get it!"

but nah, man.

that ain't us.

"What, make things easy for the player? Naw, you gotta jump through hoops! Did you forget what game you're playing?" :shepface:

EDIT:

Kyrosiris posted:

(the sad thing is, if it heals between fights I might actually enjoy a post-game boss rush like that, because I'm weird.)

I feel like they're trying to invoke Pokemon Colosseum/XD's Mt. Battle, which got to be hard as poo poo at the end, but they had the dignity to let you heal with items between fights. I hope they at least have that in this, if not access to a healing machine or something.

Wes Warhammer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 29, 2019

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

That text was so utterly painful to read that I'm having a hard time processing how atrocious the actual content it's describing also is.

Godspeed, OFS.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

You know honestly I don't even hate the idea of quests for legends. Some of my favorite things in the main game are going through stuff for legends. I loved the hoopa ring conditionals, or getting an item to a place to find a Pokemon or even just going through a cave to find something. I make fun of the Regi nonsense but those can still be fun to interact with.
If I was going to make a fangame, I'd totally have some stuff for legends to make them stand out a bit.

But it's reborn so its not some quick little thing. You're not going to find the Lunar Wing in a side area with some sad lore and take it to a bridge for Cresselia. You're not going to find an island beacuse you had a Pokemon with max happiness. It's going to be a *~Quest~* with a thousand puzzles and stupid field effects and probably an hour of dialog before you finally get to the pokemon.

Think what they had you do for a honedge, where it is atop a tower in the middle of the largest desert and requires rock smash puzzles and about 8 sukapon puzzles

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

rannum posted:

Think what they had you do for a honedge, where it is atop a tower in the middle of the largest desert and requires rock smash puzzles and about 8 sukapon puzzles

Or the nightmare they put you through to get Bidoof, where you have to download and play Pokemon Reborn.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mersenne posted:

Episode 19 is complete as of yesterday.

The postgame, on the other hand... :magical:

You thought THE HOLE and its 6v30 hell gauntlet was bad? Well, get ready for a 6v108! That's right baby, 18 consecutive, intentionally overtuned, miserable battles with only a single team allowed!

Still not enough? How about one hundred and three floors of field hell?

Oh hey! After all this time, an actual use for all those relationship values OFS has been grinding all game! Don't ask me how dead characters with relationship points will be accounted for here, your guess is as good as mine.

Back into the fray...

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Oh, one other thing I forgot about :

Mersenne posted:

Still not enough? How about one hundred and three floors of field hell?

This at least sounds like it won't be consecutive? If anything it makes me think of the Battle CDs, again from Pokemon XD, but this time you can actually take your own team with you into the fights.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Revelation of Saint OFS 19:1 "And lo, did the thread's title change once again as ever more excessively awful design crept closer upon the already battered Let's Play thread..."

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

I'm more okay with the optional postgame being completely absurd than The Hole being absurd and mandatory.

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Look at this guy thinking the postgame is going to be optional, as if there isn't going to be some sort of True Golden Ending path locked behind full completion of the 39 Legendary quests, maximum possible Social Links relationship values, and the Boss Rush/Field Hell challenges.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I loved the unlock condition for the regis in RSE requiring me to translate braille

It felt like a secret with a super cool reward

There is not a chance in hell that all these quests combined will be as cool as that one quest was

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

Kyrosiris posted:

Healing between fights would make it, like, a relatively neat puzzle. I mean, it'll be absolute hell still, because it's Pokemon Reborn and also a boss rush where you have to beat back 108 most-likely-overtuned enemies, but at least you can kind of figure out how to knock them all down.

If there's no healing between fights, though... :shepicide:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

My only thought right now is "I wonder if she'll make it so that previous saves are somehow incompatible with the latest version."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I reserve the right to deploy a Megazord at any time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The reward for fighting all eighteen gym leaders is the Earthquake TM.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Capfalcon posted:

My only thought right now is "I wonder if she'll make it so that previous saves are somehow incompatible with the latest version."

"And that, your Honour, is why I started killing people."

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 29, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

So that's what Stockholm Syndrome looks like.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qju6V1jLM

Reborn is like a pizza cutter. It's all edge and no point.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

LiefKatano posted:

Healing between fights would make it, like, a relatively neat puzzle. I mean, it'll be absolute hell still, because it's Pokemon Reborn and also a boss rush where you have to beat back 108 most-likely-overtuned enemies, but at least you can kind of figure out how to knock them all down.

If there's no healing between fights, though... :shepicide:
I legit don’t understand how you’d do it without healing*. Even if you’ve got some crazy stall setup and a team with a priority move or high speed or etc and your healer drops and the strategy breaks.

*Barring Gameshark or weird glitch shenanigans.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 30, 2019

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I'd hope items weren't locked, free heals or no.

If it was a Hole-style gauntlet with no healing and consecutive battles (so ex. no way to jump into the menu between bouts) you could use Full Restores etc. (it'd be a major pain in the rear end, since you have to heal up your dudes while they're getting wailed on, especially if it's a Single Battle so you can't use one of your guy's turns to heal and the other to actually progress the battle). If items were locked good loving game. I'd add "most battle facilities aren't that cruel (and even the Battle Castle, the only one that is, still gives paying for healing as an option as part of its schtick" but I'm not sure if that would actually deter them.

Definitely a tangent but I could totally see the Evil Plot(TM) of Detective Pikachu being brought up in E19 as Actually A Good Idea. I wouldn't put it past Ame.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

code:
finally, there is fwends. though out the game, you have grown close to the different characters. this is your chance to hang out with them! (the exception here, of course, is titania, who probably hates you, but that's normal for a titania her age.)
oh good, because pokemon needed social links

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Iamgoofball posted:

oh good, because pokemon needed social links

This immediately made me imagine them programming in an Amaria romance and I hate it

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

quote:

finally, there is fwends. though out the game, you have grown close to the different characters. this is your chance to hang out with them! (the exception here, of course, is titania, who probably hates you, but that's normal for a titania her age.)

No, we loving haven't.

Also Titania didn't win the poll, but she's still the worst in my heart.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

“andacrass” posted:

but nah, man.
that ain't us.

F14m3rz posted:

... I thought that Mew thing was a joke.

It wasn't.
Everything is lies.
Everything.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Super Jay Mann posted:

"Oh boy I hope E19 comes out soon so OFS can finally put this mess behind him forever" *Another finger on the monkey's paw curls menacingly*
ALL 103 FLOORS, OFS

YOU HAVE TO DO ALL 103

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I do wonder why a project already intended to be a challenge for series vets needs post game challenges.

Does really reveal a lot that all they can think of is just really big numbers, imo.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
To be fair, they admitted this isn’t coming out until 2020 at the earliest
Which means 2021 once they finish cramming everything from SwSh and possibly the third version of SwSh in because gently caress not including new things at the cost of game quality and cohesion
Oh wait Reborn has neither of those to begin with so go ahead and take another two years finishing this so OFS can recover some of his lost sanity from doing this trash to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Minus Green posted:

This immediately made me imagine them programming in an Amaria romance and I hate it

As a vehicle to get her the actual help she desperately needs? Meh. There's been worse.

Crazy girl and uncaring hero? Again, there's probably been worse. She just bounces off Raven so her standard trickery doesn't work. Either she changes, or she changes her tactics somehow.

Did she actually spend years away, or did she age 20 years in a day like poor Denethor?