Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ghost emoji posted:

I read this dang post 3 times and I still can't parse any of it. I half-expect him to start talking about how his sister almost put her hair in a pony tail, but didn't.

My favorite part is when he gives his snappy parting line and then "casually" returns to get his jacket afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

I found out I was adopted by my grandparents through a Facebook message from my biological father when I was 18

They hid him from his dad because he's paranoid and crazy, as evidenced by the "I have friends in high places" line and the whole having his buddy get a picture of his kid in public.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

PostNouveau posted:

Turnabout is fair piss play.
everyone laugh at the optimist

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for holding up a long drive-thru line over 8 cents?
(...)

I think she’s one of those egotistical people who thinks she’s always right and never wants to admit defeat, no matter how small or insignificant.

:irony:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pinecone Sample posted:

Imagine how many younger siblings didn't have this moment in 1979 because Facebook didn't exist yet

Honestly, facebook was never needed. It happened in my family because of a nosy girlfriend going through files.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

cumshitter posted:

They hid him from his dad because he's paranoid and crazy, as evidenced by the "I have friends in high places" line and the whole having his buddy get a picture of his kid in public.

If you think a father having his child taken from him isn't enough to drive him mad, check out the TV show LOST

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
AITA I am mean and viciously poo poo-talk people on the internet, but I textually abuse everyone, whereas on reddit it is common place for people to only be lovely assholes to the 'unpopular' people

quote:

I think i'm the better person because i'm mean to everyone, where on reddit people will only be mean to the 'safe' targets that can be disrespected 'politically correctly', meaning basically white people, usually poor and uneducated white people, conservatives, and other sorts of commonplace people whereas it is much less accepted for people of color to be treated with that same degree of disrespect. I am mean to everyone, rich or poor, white or black, happy or depressed, i will textually abuse you to no end, despite anything, because i'm an rear end in a top hat, but i'm an equal opportunity rear end in a top hat, so i think i'm more of a decent person than usual redditors who will only talk relentless remorseless poo poo about people who their group deems should be demonized, and then be all pissy and defensive if anyone talks poo poo about their group or people they defend.

I preach saying I should have the right to beat other people's children in public. I preach telling people we should kill all of the kids with cancer and old people to save money on health insurance, I preach saying that when people wanted equal rights for slaves that means the whites should have been enslaved, when women wanted equal rights that means men can no longer vote. I will be mean to everyone and disrespect everyone. Nobody is better than anyone else, they are all the bottom rung of society, so I hate everyone to the degree that a vehement nationalist racist would hate a black man who flew a plane into the world trade center and raped 100 white women on the way.

Everyone is that lovely to me, at least I'm an egalitarian though. I'm not that angry, the way I feel about people is like having a retarded child, you just stop giving a gently caress and hope the child dies instead of making your life loving intolerable and painfully retarded just by existing. Of course it can be said I am so viciously pretentious, conceited, and arrogant that I have a God complex and I am consumed by attention seeking narcissism, but on this website that would be like saying that I breathe oxygen. See you in hell. ;)

I bet this guy loves recommending Idiocracy to people.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Well I found the Google search " can you get clamydia if you don't have a cervix" she has had a hysterectomy.

WELL??

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

I mean yeah, unless all men have a secret cervix.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dudeness posted:

I mean yeah, unless all men have a secret cervix.

Secret CERVIX MAN, Secret CERVIX MAN!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MasBrillante posted:

Secret CERVIX MAN, Secret CERVIX MAN!

They're giving you a pap smear
And taking away your cells

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ghost emoji posted:

AITA I am mean and viciously poo poo-talk people on the internet, but I textually abuse everyone, whereas on reddit it is common place for people to only be lovely assholes to the 'unpopular' people

"I'm not racist I hate everyone equally."

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

"I'm not racist I hate everyone equally."

For real, that is a lot of words to boil down to a commonly held opinion among 90s middle schoolers.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for advicing my girlfriend to keep her large clothes after she's lost weight?

Hot take: If you've gone through life with your weight going up and down, you should have enough self awareness to just hang onto your fat clothes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
True master level thinking is to keep any and all clothes you have until they literally fall apart.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

ghost emoji posted:

OP should have just said "I'm 13, and I'm EDGY AS gently caress, MOM" and saved us from reading that dreck

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Literally A Person posted:

True master level thinking is to keep any and all clothes you have until they literally fall apart.

Didn't know my wife had an account on SA

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA For flipping out on my parents over a Christmas present?

quote:

So this situation happened a few years ago but still gets brought up from time to time at family events. When I was in high school my family was low on money. My parents pulled me aside and told me that they had to cut costs and that I probably wouldn’t get much more than a stocking this year. Being in high school I understood money was tight and they probably wanted to make sure my little brother had a good Christmas. I made one simple request, some new mesh for my lacrosse stick (about $30) they said okay. Christmas came and everyone had gifts under the tree. We opened the gifts one at a time so my parents could take pictures, explain the gifts, etc. When my older brother opened his and got a PlayStation game I got a little confused but I wrote it off as that being his one big thing. My first gift was a hand me down pair of sunglasses that my dad had been wearing for month. The loop happened again and my older brother opened up a brand new tackle box. The pattern continued with me getting hand me downs and dollar store gags while he got much more expensive things. By the end I was pretty pissed and I yelled at my parents which started an argument prompting me to stay with a friend until after New Years. While I was really pissed at the disparity the thing that really set it off was that they didn’t even get me the one request I had after having spent well over 300-400 on each of my brothers. They later explained that they wanted my older brother to have a memorable Christmas since it was his last one before he turned 18. I figured my younger brother would get that treatment but I had assumed when my parents told me they weren’t going to be able to afford it that my older brother was getting passed too in favor of our younger brother. AITA for starting a fight on Christmas and not speaking to them till after New Years?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My friend [F19] invited me [M19] to play golf and had her boyfriend control a vibrator inside of her

quote:

This happened yesterday. To give a bit of background, I work at a golf course and a girl I had known for years but never been friends with started working at the course. We ended up becoming really good friends and we both looked forwards to shifts together.

The other day she invited me out to play golf with her and another girl from work. I thought it sounded fun so I said yes. The day of, the plan changed and she was now bringing her boyfriend and the other girl was bringing a friend. The course only allows groups of four to go out so she told me to come with her and her boyfriend. I thought that would be fine, but going into it I was hoping this wouldn't be a third wheel situation.

We got to the first tee box after stocking up on drinks and immediately I noticed her boyfriend had a sleek black remote in his hand. When she got up to use her driver, she was clutching her groin and telling her boyfriend to stop while she was driving as her boyfriend was laughing. I think I caught on almost immediately as I knew she is a very sexual person, and I know remote control vibrators exist. I was in disbelief and kept playing. This continued to happen for about 8 holes of golf until by the 9th she claimed to have turned it off. It was almost constant throughout the whole round, with them discussing different levels and stuff on the remote. The whole thing was done right in front of me and very obviously, I pretended I didn't know what was going on as it was incredibly uncomfortable. Luckily by the 9th hole we had ran out of balls and had to call it. They drove me home and I left the car thinking that was one of the weirdest, most inconsiderate things someone has done to/around me.

Flashforward to today when I'm at work till 3 and she started at 1. It was at work that I realized how hosed up the whole situation was, and how she thought that it would okay to do that around me. When she showed up to work I was pretty cold, only really saying the bare minimum, whereas normally we would be talking a whole lot. After a bit, she asked me if something was wrong. She was was asking if something happened this morning or today, as if she thought I hadn't picked up on what had happened. I told her that golfing with her and her boyfriend was really weird. She asked what happened, and I told her "I'm pretty sure you know what happened". She still didn't fill in the blanks, until I mentioned the remote. At which point she said something along the lines of "I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable, I don't I don't know why I agreed to that, I don't know what else to say". I asked her why she would tell me to golf with her boyfriend and her if she planned on doing that, and she didn't have an answer for me. After a few minutes of that I had enough and left to do a different task away from her.

I really don't know if there's going to be any recovering from this as honestly I'm kinda shocked by the lack of respect and her choice to do that in front of me. I really enjoyed being friends with her prior to this and nothing similar ever happened, but I'm truly shocked and kind of disgusted by her actions.

I'm curious to hear if people think I'm overreacting, or I'm in the right. Thanks for hearing me out.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA fo telling my parents I don’t want to share bathwater!?

quote:

Well, title says it all really. Obvious when we were kids it wasn’t weird but I’m now 26...they often ask me to ‘leave the water in’ after I’ve had a bath so they can go in after me which personally I think is weird. They also look visibly annoyed when I say I don’t want to use their bath water after them as I’d rather use clean water - they claim this is a waste of money.

For info, money isn’t tight around the house (dad has a very good job etc). However they do let me stay rent free (don’t know if this makes a difference?!)

Does anyone else even do this!? Honest I don’t know any of my friends who do so I don’t understand why my parents are so ok with to the point where questioning/ objecting to it is genuinely confusing for them. Just for reference they’re totally clean hygienic people they bathe every day, brush their teeth, deodorant all the basic stuff obviously so it’s just this part I don’t understand.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

DemoneeHo posted:

This is definately one of the top 10 most disgusting things I've read in this thread.
And there's a lot of disgusting in this thread.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

That's drat weird

DemoneeHo posted:

My friend [F19] invited me [M19] to play golf and had her boyfriend control a vibrator inside of her

That's really drat weird. They definitely shouldn't drag you into their kinks but,

quote:

I really don't know if there's going to be any recovering from this as honestly I'm kinda shocked by the lack of respect and her choice to do that in front of me. I really enjoyed being friends with her prior to this and nothing similar ever happened, but I'm truly shocked and kind of disgusted by her actions. 

Get over yourself, dude.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nah its gross and weird and would make me completely reevaluate a friendship.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Yeah involving a non-consenting party in a sexual act is pretty hosed up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
"My friend used me to get off as part of her and her boyfriend's exhibitionist fantasies. I was disgusted by this."
"lol get over urself dude"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hiding my amputation during a job interview?

So my left arm is amputated from the bottom of the elbow down due to an accident a few years back (I’m right handed, if that matters). Anyway, I’ve been struggling to find a job after college and finally landed an interview for a desk job. Based on the job description, it seems like the job involves a lot of clerical work on the computer (creating spreadsheets, sending emails, etc.). I am proficient at using a computer but of course, it’s a bit more difficult without a second hand. I don’t really use a prosthetic because it’s uncomfortable and I can’t really type with it anyway.

Fast forward to the interview, I decide to put on my prosthetic that I rarely use and I put it in an arm sling. I also wrap it up like it’s broken. With the fingers part, I kind of kept it tucked under my blazer. Basically, it just looked like I had an injured arm. One of the interviewers looked at my arm and something like “how’s your arm?” and I replied with a slight joke “‘‘tis but a flesh wound.” The interviewer laughed and asked if I needed any accommodations before we start. I said no and we began the interview. It went really well and I was called for a second interview the next week.

I told my friends about this and they all more or less said I’m an rear end in a top hat for lying about my disability. My thought process was that a company shouldn’t be biased in hiring people based on their disabilities anyway, and I’m confident I can do my job well (albeit I could do much better with two hands), so I don’t think I did anything wrong. AITA?

Edit: just wanted to point out that I did write down my true typing speed on my resume, so anything they’ve assumed about my ability to type quickly was true

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for throwing a "tantrum" because my parents got me a graduation cake with whipped frosting (which I despise)?

I graduated high school last week. Our plan was to have a party this weekend in conjunction with memorial day since a lot of people could have the time off.

My parents have a history of pranking me on special occasions and I begged them to please just let me have this party as a sort of symbol that I'm not a "little girl" anymore and I can have an event that doesn't end in me being embarrassed. They agreed.

I also have to say that I despise whipped frosting on cakes. Like I mean I hate it. If there's whipped frosting, I simply won't eat it. If its going to be "my" cake, id rather go without than have a cake with whipped frosting. I could go into great lengths into why I hate but it would probably make me sound more psycho than I am, just know I hate it. I made my mom promise that IF she got me a cake it would have legit buttercream frosting or please just don't buy one. She said she knew me well enough to know that.

So we had the party yesterday at a hotel with an awesome pool and waterslide. When it came time for the cake my parents made all my friends gather around and they did the "she's a jolly good fellow" song and at the end my mom stuck her finger in the frosting and wiped it all across my face and lips and it was whipped frosting. I about barfed and said very funny where was the real cake. My dad looked at me and said something like "you're lucky that this is the only prank we are going to play on you!"

I lost my poo poo. I hate to admit this but I embarrassed myself in front of my friends and family. It was just so embarrassing to have my mom wipe cake on my face like I'm a toddler, and then to play a prank like they promised they wouldn't and to then make it prank with one of the things I literally hate the most in the world. I just hated it. I cried and went into the hotel room they got and just wanted to be by myself for 10 minutes. I was fine after but my mom and dad kept making fun of me for the rest of the night until I was just so freaking relieved that the party was coming to an end.

Was I the rear end in a top hat for this?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I'm also curious about the (E: golf sex story) OP's gender. Uncomfortably forward sex stuff from a couple towards a woman is often the man-in-the-couple's idiot idea for broaching a possible threesome. The fantasy was probably that OP would find it super hot and go home with them after they finished playing golf.

HazCat fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 30, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How could you LIE to that poor honest CORPORATION?? :qq:

Seriously, aside from possibly opening himself up to getting fired by some scumbag, dude did nothing wrong. Since he didnt lie about his wpm I cant imagine a reason WHY he'd get fired but :capitalism:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for throwing a "tantrum" because my parents got me a graduation cake with whipped frosting (which I despise)?

tbf, you would cry, too, if it happened to you.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Of course I know you 'prefer' your car not in the river. You should be glad this is the only prank I'm playing on you.

Edit: she asked for this one thing on a major milestone.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 30, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is fine in theory, but in practice, what happens if you get hired? Fess up and hope they understand? I just can't imagine having the "haha, so, uh, about that broken arm I had during the interview..." conversation with someone who'd just hired me.

EDIT: Prank parents are dicks, and "ha ha ha, we bought something you hate and won't eat for your party!" is a lovely prank, albeit not on the level of the idiots who "test" allergies. Still, good work ignoring your child's request to be decent human beings for one goddamn day!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 30, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my left arm is amputated from the bottom of the elbow down due to an accident a few years back (I’m right handed, if that matters). Anyway, I’ve been struggling to find a job after college and finally landed an interview for a desk job. Based on the job description, it seems like the job involves a lot of clerical work on the computer (creating spreadsheets, sending emails, etc.). I am proficient at using a computer but of course, it’s a bit more difficult without a second hand. I don’t really use a prosthetic because it’s uncomfortable and I can’t really type with it anyway.

Fast forward to the interview, I decide to put on my prosthetic that I rarely use and I put it in an arm sling. I also wrap it up like it’s broken. With the fingers part, I kind of kept it tucked under my blazer. Basically, it just looked like I had an injured arm. One of the interviewers looked at my arm and something like “how’s your arm?” and I replied with a slight joke “‘‘tis but a flesh wound.” The interviewer laughed and asked if I needed any accommodations before we start. I said no and we began the interview. It went really well and I was called for a second interview the next week.

I told my friends about this and they all more or less said I’m an rear end in a top hat for lying about my disability. My thought process was that a company shouldn’t be biased in hiring people based on their disabilities anyway, and I’m confident I can do my job well (albeit I could do much better with two hands), so I don’t think I did anything wrong. AITA?

Edit: just wanted to point out that I did write down my true typing speed on my resume, so anything they’ve assumed about my ability to type quickly was true

you will never be hired if you tell the truth. my goal is to someday be so indispensable somewhere that a few people know i'm in chronic pain and may die young. otherwise you keep that on the shhh

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Antivehicular posted:

Fess up and hope they understand?

yeah, worst case scenario is they fire you, and if that is what they do then you 100% were not getting the job to begin with

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Extort them for a good reference to get hired elsewhere.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just pretend to get your arm stuck in the printer on your first day. Bring blood and stuff. Then enjoy several weeks of vacation and the guilt based job security.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

chitoryu12 posted:

Little cousin (18 m) is relentless and can't be let down gently. (I'm 26f)

According to the comments, they're in Taiwan and he only speaks Chinese.

I mean, unless he’s specifically trying to meet foreign women that’s not going to be one of his problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh looks like we got a paper jam no problem I'll just reach in here and WAAGHGH ARRRGGHHHH