Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

HazCat posted:

I'm also curious about the (E: golf sex story) OP's gender. Uncomfortably forward sex stuff from a couple towards a woman is often the man-in-the-couple's idiot idea for broaching a possible threesome. The fantasy was probably that OP would find it super hot and go home with them after they finished playing golf.

Unless it was a typo, the OP said he was a dude in the title

It's still feasible that it was an elaborate way of roping in a third person for a threesome. But i think the simplest explanation is that the couple are a pair of perverts with no boundaries

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for hiding my amputation during a job interview?

Nah, he's not wrong to do so. That seems like a reasonable enough job to hide his lack of arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for ignoring my parents because they compare me to my twin brother

quote:

So, me and my twin (16, males) have identical face, but we’re completely different. He works out, has shaved hair, plays football. Basically he’s more boyish. I’m just skinny, have long hair and I’m not into sports. I’m not that social. I have 5 close friends, he’s really social.

My parents always compare me to him. All the time, I didn’t say anything about it at first, I wasn’t paying attention to them. Then they forced me to go out with his friends. I don’t like them, and my brother didn’t really want to take me with him either but he didn’t say no to my parents.

Few days ago, they said that they needed to talk to me. They sat me down in living room and literally said that I needed to change. My father said that I should man up, change my appearance and basically be like my brother. I just had it and I said that everything they were requesting was bullshit. I stormed into my room and now I’m ignoring them . My brother thinks that I should talk to them, told me that I’m being an rear end in a top hat rear end in a top hat and acting like a brat. I asked my friend about it too and she said that I’m being too harsh.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA fo telling my parents I don’t want to share bathwater!?

Today it's "reuse the bath water," tomorrow it will be "find your own place to live you goddamn deadbeat."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for spoiling the finale of Game of Thrones for my girlfriend after she chose to ignore my birthday?

My girlfriend and I have been going out for about a year now. Great relationship overall. We've hit a major bump though. Here's what happened:

So I'm not into Game of Thrones. It looks cool, but I've never gotten into it. My girlfriend is a huge fan though. She's read all of the books and has been watching the series since it came out. It's by far her favorite show. The Sunday before last was the huge finale. It also happened to be my birthday. Now I'm a huge birthday guy. For her birthday, back in January, I took her out to one of the best restaurants in my city (Seattle). I also got here a necklace with real gold... and it's not like I have a six-figure income either.

Well, when my birthday came around, guess how she greeted me in the morning: "OMG the game of thrones finale is tonight. I'm literally dying!" Not even a happy birthday to me. It wasn't until we went downstairs that she realized it was my birthday. She made me toast, so that's something, I guess.

Well, I was pretty drat disappointed she had nothing planned for me that day. Not even a gift. She's told me before she's "not a birthday person". I think that's kind of a lovely excuse considering what I've done for her birthday, but okay.

That night, she went to her parents' place to watch the finale with her family. She invited me along, but l wasn't going to watch a show I had no interest in on my own birthday when I would have rather been out on a date with her. But whatever. I was pissed at this point, so I went online and found out what happened. Just as the show was going to start, I texted her this: "Hey babe, tell me how the show goes! Especially the part where Jon kills Daenerys, the throne is destroyed, and Bran becomes king!" Well she sent me a very heated response, basically telling me what a "loving rear end in a top hat" I am. An hour and a half later, she calls me, in tears, and asks why I spoiled something she's been waiting for several years for? We didn't have sex that night- in fact she decided to stay at her parents' for the next couple of days. Things have been very shaky since.

So Reddit, AITA for spoiling a TV show while she chose to ignore my entire birthday? I don't see how a show can be that important, plus I apologized. Reddit, what do you think?

Tl;dr: Girlfriend ignored my birthday, so I spoiled a TV show for her

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Antivehicular posted:

This is fine in theory, but in practice, what happens if you get hired? Fess up and hope they understand? I just can't imagine having the "haha, so, uh, about that broken arm I had during the interview..." conversation with someone who'd just hired me.

"Soooo remember my broken arm? Well it turns out it was more broken than I first thought. Like, way more broken"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA fo telling my parents I don’t want to share bathwater!?

That reminds me

Is there an update on the professional writer who moved back home with her parents and needs a three hour hot shower a day as depression therapy and thinks the rest of her family is TA for not joining a gym to go shower at

edit: no updates since it happened, it was called "AITA for taking long showers even though my therapist recommended them to me?"

Pinecone Sample fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 30, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why did you not text her with the spoilers and a picture of danny getting stabbe with "our relationship" written on it

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Retaliating against someone for forgetting your birthday is a good way to make sure they remember your birthday every year in the future and also hate you. If not celebrating your birthday causes you to throw a temper tantrum, you are either a literal child or you have issues you need to work out in therapy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pinecone Sample posted:

That reminds me

Is there an update on the professional writer who moved back home with her parents and needs a three hour hot shower a day as depression therapy and thinks the rest of her family is TA for not joining a gym to go shower at

Probably still in the shower crying because the posters were so mean to her.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MasBrillante posted:

Retaliating against someone for forgetting your birthday is a good way to make sure they remember your birthday every year in the future and also hate you. If not celebrating your birthday causes you to throw a temper tantrum, you are either a literal child or you have issues you need to work out in therapy.

I'm thinking it's less about forgetting the birthday and more about having picked a tv show over him.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA - I moved for my husband's job, my kids now hate me

quote:

Bit long, stick with me. Throwaway because I'm active on a mom board, and haven't discussed this there.

My ex and I split 5 years ago now. We had a daughter who is 16, a son who is 13 and a daughter who is 5. He's always been a good dad, and we split 50/50 custody, essentially the kids one week my house/one week his house. After my divorce, I reconnected with a high school boyfriend and fell head over heels in love again. He's in the military but hadn't had to move in years. We married 2 years ago.

A year ago, he got orders to move to Texas from where we all were in California. My older two kids were not happy at all, and didn't want to move, while the baby didn't really express a preference. I approached my ex and told him the situation. I said I know the situation sucks, but we'd foot the bill to him for every trip to him on holidays, breaks, summers, etc. He blew his top and said absolutely not, I wouldn't "take his kids away" and said he'd see me in court.

The judge ended up ruling in his favor, and I was awarded summers and every other holiday. I was absolutely devastated. I moved, and I've barely seen the kids since. They came at Christmas for a week, and it was tense the whole time. The older kids, especially my daughter, are short with me on FaceTime, while the baby gets distracted and can't chat much. My daughter has said I chose a man over her, and that she wants nothing to do with me, while my son won't talk about it but I can tell he's angry.

I've asked my ex to talk to them about it and he basically said I chose to leave, it's my fault and he's not getting involved in "our issues". So, let me have it Reddit, AITA?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ad090 posted:

Throwaway because I'm active on a mom board, and haven't discussed this there. 

Burn her at the stake.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A 5 year old isnt a baby

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Having two people fool around with a vibrator while you're all supposed to be hanging out is a third wheel scenario ratcheted up to eleven. That's it! Keep going! Er, could you repeat that last bit Steve? I didn't quite catch the punchline to your joke as I was mid-climax.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm thinking it's less about forgetting the birthday and more about having picked a tv show over him.

It’s still not a healthy or productive reaction. It’s very childish and obviously didn’t get him what he wanted, which is why he posted the thread. I feel like it is very obvious that this is a maladaptive behavior, and he’s the one who asked for advice. Mine would be to find a girlfriend that gives a poo poo about you.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

cumshitter posted:

Oh looks like we got a paper jam no problem I'll just reach in here and WAAGHGH ARRRGGHHHH
The perfect way to reveal it. I love it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

cumshitter posted:

Oh looks like we got a paper jam no problem I'll just reach in here and WAAGHGH ARRRGGHHHH

If he doesn't want to do that at work, he could claim that he lost his arm in a tragic fisting accident

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

DemoneeHo posted:

If he doesn't want to do that at work, he could claim that he lost his arm in a tragic fisting accident

On a golf course!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ad090 posted:

yeah making your HS teenage kids uproot and trying to forcefully relocate from california to texas of all places is lovely

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for hiding my amputation during a job interview?

AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has nobody else noticed that the lady has 50% custody and somehow thought she could just loving take her kids cross-country as long as she paid for them to visit for holidays??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ad090 posted:

I mean I don’t think she’s an rear end in a top hat for moving but why is this such a confusing outcome for their custody arrangement?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

. I approached my ex and told him the situation. I said I know the situation sucks, but we'd foot the bill to him for every trip to him on holidays, breaks, summers, etc. He blew his top and said absolutely not, I wouldn't "take his kids away" and said he'd see me in court. 

The judge ended up ruling in his favor,

lol

This woman is only the rear end in a top hat if you believe parents have an obligation to make a good faith effort to meet their children's emotional needs. If not, then she's totes in the clear

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 30, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fallom posted:

I mean I don’t think she’s an rear end in a top hat for moving but why is this such a confusing outcome for their custody arrangement?

I'm guessing since the older kids are in their teens they get a say in 'eff no I don't want to go to Texas'.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ad090 posted:

This is why you never date or marry someone in the military.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallom posted:

She loving tried it with that poo poo, lol. “You can come visit.”

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hiding my husband's shirts?

My 39 year old husband dresses like a child. For work, he wears a button up shirt, jeans or Dockers, multi-colored sneakers and a belt with a large buckle of an animal. On weekends, he wears a t-shirt with some sort of comic/cartoon logo/character, a comic book character logo hat, jeans, multi-colored sneakers, a belt with a large buckle of a comic book character and his comic book character logo baseball hat. The only people who ever compliment his clothes are teens.

​He claims that other people at his work dress the same way, and they do ... but they don't wear huge belt buckles with animals on them and their shoes are more muted - all black sneakers, for example.

​I've tried all the hints - buying him nice clothes, shoes ... they all get returned or stuffed in the closet. I confronted him and said I would find him much more attractive if he dressed more his age, he laughed me off and said that when we met, he dressed the same so why should he change now, his is who he is.

​But when we met, we were 28. And he did NOT wear these clothes as often as he does now because even then he knew that girls aren't exactly attracted to a guy wearing comic book character shirts. I think it's a combo of the popularity of the Marvel movies and now him having a wife that has basically given him license to feel like he can wear whatever the gently caress he wants. It's really the combination of it all together - clown shoes, comic book shirt, comic book belt buckle and hat that are just so stupid looking, I can't stand it. HE'S GONNA BE 40 FFS.

​I've told him this and he just shrugs.

​A month ago, we went to a party and all the guys were dressed so nicely and simply ... and then there's my husband in his Deadpool hat, shorts, clown shoes, Batman belt and Green Lantern hat. Even his mates were poking fun at his outfit.

​So I took a bunch of his shirts, packed them away and hid them. He has SO many shirts (he's a shopper and sucks at doing the laundry, but that's a separate issue) that I knew he wouldn't notice for awhile. He started dressing nicer - he assumed his comic book shirts were dirty so he started wearing plain t-shirts and polos that he usually never touches. He looked so nice and handsome, like how he did when we started dating. I love it. Shower him with affection because he looks SO MUCH BETTER. Tell him how nice he looks.

​Well, a month later, he found the box of shirts. He's now pissed at me. I told him it was for his own good, but he's not having any of it. He left for work mad at me but I really don't think I did anything wrong. It's not like I threw them away or donated them or something. Tonight will be interesting.

​Anyway ... am I the rear end in a top hat?

​tl;dr - husband likes his comic book character shirts, i hate them. Talking about it didn't work. Giving him nicer clothes didn't work. I hid his shirts, he dressed better for awhile but then found out and is pissed.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My [27F] husband [28M] of 2 years (together 5) has recently started to use the n-word for fun and keeps doing it despite my requests to stop.

quote:

This is corny as poo poo and I wish this wasn't happening in my life. You know that NWA movie that came out a while ago? My husband didn't even know what NWA was but hopped on the bandwagon quick and saw it in September. I didn't go because I have no interest in the movie. My husband sees the movie, comes back home, and acts like he's the hardest mofo in the town. In the following weeks, he starts listening to a ton of gangsta rap. I have no problem with this, I actually find it kind of cute, but my problem lies in his use of the n-word in everyday speech.

Since October, my husband has adopted the n-word into his daily vocabulary and says it constantly. Here are a few examples with their contexts.
  • Asking me when dinner will be ready- "When's the food gonna be ready, n***a?"
  • Complaining about his coworker- "I loving hate that n***a Dave, man."
  • Greeting me when he comes home from work- "What's good, my n***a?"
Although this isn't exactly relevant, my husband and I are both pasty Irish-Italian. We are super white and it only serves to amplify the cringe induced when my husband speaks like this. I've told him several times that's corny and cringey to hear him speak like that, and more importantly, it's racially insensitive. I tell him I'd appreciate it if he stops saying it and go back to normal, and he tells me it's no big deal. I tell him he's insulting an entire people and their history through his continued usage and he dismisses what I say as "tumblr bullshit" and that "no one is getting hurt by me saying the n-word".

He doesn't seem to understand that I'M getting hurt by it. I don't like hearing it in my household, and it makes me uncomfortable that my husband, the love of my life, can be so immature about this. I've told him several times that I don't like it and want him to stop, but he just doesn't care. I've asked some of my close friends about this and they too are baffled and appalled by my husband's behavior. They advised me to tell him very seriously how much it bothers me and I followed through it. Lo and behold, my husband once again did not give a poo poo. He said verbatim "It's not hurting anyone. Stop getting offended so easily, n***a".

I'm at my wit's end. Obviously this isn't a divorce-worthy issue. Yet there seems to be no solution to this problem. I've told him countless times to stop and he just doesn't care. I'm glad we don't have kids in the house to hear the n-word but drat it I don't want to hear it either. One of my friends suggested withholding sex until he stops but such a strategy seems really gross and I'm not so big on weaponizing sex. I'm completely at a loss as to how to get through to my husband. I don't want to live the rest of my life and raise children while my husband speaks in such a way. But holy poo poo, I can't think of anything to fix it.

tl;dr: Husband thinks he's a real g. Keeps using the n-word and doesn't stop despite my requests.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My [27F] husband [28M] of 2 years (together 5) has recently started to use the n-word for fun and keeps doing it despite my requests to stop.

divorce

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

​A month ago, we went to a party and all the guys were dressed so nicely and simply ... and then there's my husband in his Deadpool hat, shorts, clown shoes, Batman belt and Green Lantern hat. Even his mates were poking fun at his outfit.

​So

LOL

She’s very angry about this. She does have a point about the party though. Like there is a time and a place for things and he could at least make an attempt for social situations.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

quote:

Obviously this isn't a divorce-worthy issue.

:wrong:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

do it before your husband gets you into some sort of hideous public conflict, possibly physical

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My 39 year old husband dresses like a child. For work, he wears a button up shirt, jeans or Dockers, multi-colored sneakers and a belt with a large buckle of an animal. On weekends, he wears a t-shirt with some sort of comic/cartoon logo/character, a comic book character logo hat, jeans, multi-colored sneakers, a belt with a large buckle of a comic book character and his comic book character logo baseball hat. The only people who ever compliment his clothes are teens.

​He claims that other people at his work dress the same way, and they do ... but they don't wear huge belt buckles with animals on them and their shoes are more muted - all black sneakers, for example.

​I've tried all the hints - buying him nice clothes, shoes ... they all get returned or stuffed in the closet. I confronted him and said I would find him much more attractive if he dressed more his age, he laughed me off and said that when we met, he dressed the same so why should he change now, his is who he is.

​But when we met, we were 28. And he did NOT wear these clothes as often as he does now because even then he knew that girls aren't exactly attracted to a guy wearing comic book character shirts. I think it's a combo of the popularity of the Marvel movies and now him having a wife that has basically given him license to feel like he can wear whatever the gently caress he wants. It's really the combination of it all together - clown shoes, comic book shirt, comic book belt buckle and hat that are just so stupid looking, I can't stand it. HE'S GONNA BE 40 FFS.

​So I took a bunch of his shirts, packed them away and hid them. He has SO many shirts (he's a shopper and sucks at doing the laundry, but that's a separate issue) that I knew he wouldn't notice for awhile. He started dressing nicer - he assumed his comic book shirts were dirty so he started wearing plain t-shirts and polos that he usually never touches. He looked so nice and handsome, like how he did when we started dating. I love it. Shower him with affection because he looks SO MUCH BETTER. Tell him how nice he looks.

​Well, a month later, he found the box of shirts. He's now pissed at me. I told him it was for his own good, but he's not having any of it. He left for work mad at me but I really don't think I did anything wrong. It's not like I threw them away or donated them or something. Tonight will be interesting.

​tl;dr - husband likes his comic book character shirts, i hate them. Talking about it didn't work. Giving him nicer clothes didn't work. I hid his shirts, he dressed better for awhile but then found out and is pissed.

If you hate what your man wears, get rid of it entirely one way or the other. My husband's hoodie had gotten so ratty that my mom took a pair of scissors to it. Now he wears the sweaters I got him because he has no good alternative.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for throwing a "tantrum" because my parents got me a graduation cake with whipped frosting (which I despise)?

Yet another where from the title I literally cannot imagine how someone could not be rear end in a top hat for pitching a fit over something so petty and yet there it is.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dazerbeams posted:

If you hate what your man wears, get rid of it entirely one way or the other. My husband's hoodie had gotten so ratty that my mom took a pair of scissors to it. Now he wears the sweaters I got him because he has no good alternative.

Well, you definitely belong in this thread.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm guessing since the older kids are in their teens they get a say in 'eff no I don't want to go to Texas'.
Correct. The exact age varies, but the kids’ opinions are at least considered by the judge once they’re in middle school and definitely when they’re teens. It’s not the only factor of course, but it’s usually taken very seriously, especially if (as she herself says), the parent they want to stay with is doing a good job.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Boyfriend (26M) ruined one of my (27F) longest awaited bucket list experiences. Should I break up?

quote:

I am an adrenaline junkie. Skydiving, bungee jumping, record breaking rollercoasters, you name it. Something I also greatly enjoy are horror movies and... haunted houses.

Boyfriend and I decided to go to Japan for my birthday. We started in Osaka and made our way up to Tokyo. A few hours away from Tokyo, there stands Mount Fuji and a wonderous amusement park - Fuji Q Highland. Fuji Q is home to some badass rollercoasters, and to the longest haunted house in the world. I had been dreaming to go to the Super Scary Labyrinth of Fear for years and years! The fact that it was completely out of the way and that the tickets were quite pricey did not phase me in the least.

So queu to us entering the haunted mansion. I was hyped, because for you to enjoy such an attraction you need to be in the right mood. Otherwise you see it for what it is: a silly attraction, with zero risk involved. As soon as the door automatically closed behind us I let out a welp... and he went and shushed me. Not the playful "be quiet or the spirits will hear us", not the comforting "don't be afraid". It was an annoyed "shut up". I still can't figure out what got into him, and he himself holds that he has no idea why he did it.

He completely ruined the mood. I got obviously upset, because asking someone to be quiet while going through a haunted house is the equivalent of going to a football match and be told not to cheer. As a result, I couldn't enjoy what I set out to do almost a decade ago. We sped though the experience and got out in 15 minutes instead of the supposed 50. I didn't get scared a single time.

When we got out, I just sat down and cried. It might seem silly, but this was something I had been looking forward to since I was very young. It might not be as thrilling as jumping out of a plane, but it was something I had decided to do when I was in middle school, and just discovering that I enjoyed fear inducing experiences. It was almost like a rite of passage.

Now, this was not the first time my boyfriend shushed me during a haunted house. While staying in Tokyo we went to the Japan's second most terrifying house, Onryou Zashiki. Midway through it, when I got spooked for the first time and let out a scream, he also abruptly told me to be quiet. Again, he insisted that he had no idea why he did it. Anyway, I wasn't very upset because it was the first time it happened. Plus, since it happened midway through the experience, I was already in the right mind place to keep enjoying it.

This was before we went to Fuji Q. While waiting in line for the Super Scary Labyrinth of Fear, I jokingly asked him not to shush me again, completely unaware that it would actually happen. He apologized afterwards, and it seemed sincere, but I am devastated... especially since there is no point un going through a haunted house twice. You already know where everything is!

So, Reddit, I don't know what to do. Should I call it quits?

Obs: At least we got to experience Aokigahara, also known as the suicide forest. We did it after dark, for a heightened experience.

TLDR: Boyfriend killed the mood during a haunted house that in had been dreaming to go through since I was very young. Not sure how to get over it.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Oh my God who cares let him dress how he likes.
Why the gently caress would you waste your energy on this

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sheri posted:

Oh my God who cares let him dress how he likes.
Why the gently caress would you waste your energy on this

I want to agree with you but then I remember that ugly custom engagement ring and I feel like I can’t weigh in without pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

So queu to us

YTA