Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I assume the pledge versions have extra features that aren’t in the standard release?

Indeed it does. A whole disc of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Dawgstar posted:

Which short is the one where cartoon birds solemnly watch two kids die on, like, power lines and stuff?

That’s Play Safe, and I believe it just got released on the website a day or two ago.

e: JIMMYYYYYYYY!!!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Another Bill posted:

Oh my god is What Drugs Are For the one with the two depressed kids in the late 70s playground. That one is loving weird as hell.

No that's the one with with the brother and sister putting together some mechanical abomination from some weird 70s geared building blocks.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Proteus Jones posted:

No that's the one with with the brother and sister putting together some mechanical abomination from some weird 70s geared building blocks.

They’re old-school Legos, I think. The short is called Drugs are Like That. It’s a favorite, my wife and I will frequently burst out with, “What the Hell is a baby?!” The Following Instructions Game has the similar, “Why did God make lizards, Grandma?!” riff.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

I think I pledged at the digital versions. Anyone get a notification about that yet?

I've got the email a week ago.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ringu0 posted:

I've got the email a week ago.

Huh. Never got one. I’ll have to check spam folder I guess.

I found my receipt and I can still access my pledge details on crowdox, so worst comes to worst I contact the support mail.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any idea when the standard version of the DVD will be released to the public (or has it already)?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

When they did the pledge drive thing, they said they can't release DVDs to the general public until a year after it goes up on Netflix, so presumably it should be late November.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

That’s Play Safe, and I believe it just got released on the website a day or two ago.

e: JIMMYYYYYYYY!!!

I'm not keen on the live shows, but I have been hoping like heck that they would get hold of the PIFs from Britain in the 70s. Some seriously bonkers and terrifying stuff for the kiddies there.

I've suggested on the Rifftrax site that they get hold of Apaches and The Finishing Line. (There's also one with Donald Pleasance as Death, luring kids to play in a murky pond).

Den of Geek link with some of the classics
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/public-information-films/26484/10-public-information-films-from-the-70s-and-80s

Most can be found on Youtube.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Huh. Never got one. I’ll have to check spam folder I guess.

I found my receipt and I can still access my pledge details on crowdox, so worst comes to worst I contact the support mail.

If you want to make sure you don't have it, here's what my email looked like. Subject, From name, From address, and a date for good measure:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ringu0 posted:

If you want to make sure you don't have it, here's what my email looked like. Subject, From name, From address, and a date for good measure:

Thanks, yeah I got nothing. I'll just drop their support an email then.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

Gaz-L posted:

It's so weird that literally everyone who voices Tom sounds so different, but Trace, Bill and Hampton's Crows are all pretty hard to tell apart.

See, I don't think Trace and Bill sound anything alike, but Kevin is definitely trying to evoke Josh (especially in seasons 2 and 3).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yeah. That's What Drugs are Like is the one where you can't tell whether they're arguing for or against drugs.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
I think I'm going to see the live show in October. Do they normally pick a new movie or do they redo an old one?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Sleepytime posted:

I think I'm going to see the live show in October. Do they normally pick a new movie or do they redo an old one?

Are there live shows this year? This page still advertises last year's tour.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
It looks like Ticketmaster has one date listed for Florida, but there is a presale for Indianapolis through the venue with tickets going on sale to the public tomorrow. Both the one on Ticketmaster and the one in Indy are advertised as part of the Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

what else are they hiding :tinfoil:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
They just announced two shows at the State Theatre in Jersey: one is No Retreat, No Surrender, and the other is Circus of Horrors. There’s a blurb in the description saying this tour is Joel’s final tour performing as a differ.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax has done No Retreat, No Surrender and it is a bonkers movie. Pretty much a crappy knock off Karate Kid. It has Jean-Claude Van Damme in it!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

No Retreat No Surrender always struck me as 2 different movies badly stitched together, with the ghost of Bruce Lee thrown in for good measure.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honor & Glory is the better crappy martial arts movie by Rifftrax. :colbert: I said it, Cynthia Rothrock could kick JCVD's rear end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Rifftrax has done No Retreat, No Surrender and it is a bonkers movie. Pretty much a crappy knock off Karate Kid. It has Jean-Claude Van Damme in it!

No retreat! No surrender!*

*Note: Features plenty of both retreating and surrendering.

My favorite part of that flick is the inexplicably hostile 80's Fat Guy who is livid people would practice martial arts I guess (except so does he) and only opens his mouth to either yell insults or shove a giant hamburger into it. I'm guessing he's also sort of racist as he really doesn't like the lead's Hip Black Sidekick. HPB DOES do a lot of breakdancing, so those who have not see it, let your hearts not be troubled.

Gaz-L posted:

Honor & Glory is the better crappy martial arts movie by Rifftrax. :colbert: I said it, Cynthia Rothrock could kick JCVD's rear end.

They need to do more Rothrock films, it is known.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Dawgstar posted:

No retreat! No surrender!*

*Note: Features plenty of both retreating and surrendering.

My favorite part of that flick is the inexplicably hostile 80's Fat Guy who is livid people would practice martial arts I guess (except so does he) and only opens his mouth to either yell insults or shove a giant hamburger into it. I'm guessing he's also sort of racist as he really doesn't like the lead's Hip Black Sidekick. HPB DOES do a lot of breakdancing, so those who have not see it, let your hearts not be troubled.

They need to do more Rothrock films, it is known.

Just more where she is kicking and punching people, and not ones where she is Mrs Santa.

Unless she is kicking people at some California mansion

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TL posted:

They just announced two shows at the State Theatre in Jersey: one is No Retreat, No Surrender, and the other is Circus of Horrors. There’s a blurb in the description saying this tour is Joel’s final tour performing as a differ.

Wow, these tickets are going fast. I grabbed a seat for both shows; there's a thirty percent discount if you do that!

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Tickets are selling out and there isnt even an official word/schedule yet?
That's dumb. Do I get a ticket 5 hours away or wait and see if there'll be one closer?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

CrimsonAuthor posted:

That's dumb. Do I get a ticket 5 hours away or wait and see if there'll be one closer?

I'm hoping we'll hear more at the end of this:
https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1134532697244569601

(they're selling off last year's tour merchandise)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Another Bill posted:

No Retreat No Surrender always struck me as 2 different movies badly stitched together, with the ghost of Bruce Lee thrown in for good measure.

It's basically a propaganda film for Jeet Kun Do which is pretty much what all of Bruce Lee's movies were

except, y'know, without all the cinematography

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

CrimsonAuthor posted:

The announcement should be tomorrow. In their last Kickstarter update a few months ago, they promised details on the tour would be announced June 1. The fact that that's after tickets have gone on sale at at least some of the venues is really poor planning though.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1135547053080289286

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
A Kickstarter update went out about that early this morning-Jonah isn’t on the tour but is involved in writing and production. Also, Joel said talks about future seasons are ongoing but the tour is the main focus at the moment. That said, the tour seems to go to March of next year, so I would think a Season 13 is still a long ways off.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I went to go look up the tour information and it's blocked at work for being a security risk. What is Gizmonic up to?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Also worth mentioning for anyone who hasn't read the Kickstarter update that they said that more dates are going to keep being added, so the current list of dates is far from complete.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

If you don't have it, or you don't know where to find it, here's a Kickstarter post.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cemetry Gator posted:

I went to go look up the tour information and it's blocked at work for being a security risk. What is Gizmonic up to?

Well they ARE known for kidnapping people.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Oh, cool, I really wasn't expecting a Fayetteville, AR show. I'd gladly travel 3+ hours to St. Louis or Kansas City like the last couple of tours, but good to know I won't have to!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm super annoyed because the shows are actually coming to my area but neither of the ones close to me are actually up for sale on their respective websites.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blah, finally found a listing on the actual website for the theater and since they're not doing it until November the tickets don't go on sale until September.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I thought the purpose of a shorter season last time around was to get seasons out quicker? I hope the show isn't dead.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

I thought the purpose of a shorter season last time around was to get seasons out quicker? I hope the show isn't dead.

That always seemed to me like Joel just trying his best to spin a decision that was out of his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Netflix did that to a bunch of shows around that time. I think they just got caught up in the trend.