Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

centipede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congolese lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pro Guardian Ape strat if you’re having trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgWw43Fcuw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The ape fight owns btw, I don't know why that's become the memery most hated boss of the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

the ape is like the best boss and has the best twists in the game, up there with the final boss

The kiss of death folks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I beat the boss my second try, would have won him first try but I fell asleep kiting him. HES. Bad biss tho well except for when he farts @ u

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
was it dsp who nearly 1 shot ludwig on his first try before it made him quit the game entirely like 5 hours later

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Twas me for I am dsp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

spb posted:

spoilery image

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pro Guardian Ape strat if you’re having trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgWw43Fcuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41Or9MQZA0

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Long Spark is my favorite prosthetic and it does kick rear end but it doesn't automatically win the game for you. Like at most you'll get a single hit on a non beast enemy. Later in the game I barely use it in favor of others, but for like 75% if the game it's the GOAT.

a lot of the time i'd forget to use anything but attack and block and that probably helped me learn the fights a lot better and more quickly

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’ve never enjoyed being stuck on bosses until this game. it’s a joy to get better and better and better at the fight.

the biggest thing with the apes second phase is he does the big juicy overhead attack EVERY second deflect. if you deflect this overhead attack he gets super staggered for 2-3 hits

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 17, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the ape doing a massive turd and throwing it at you is a funny as gently caress response to the ol butt hug strategy. double checking my post due to my racist phone

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

the bull felt kind of lovely though idk. even deflecting it it dealt a ton of fire dmg, you basically need the spark or need to run around very slowly chipping away at it. theres probably another trick i dont know about

i just did the basic whirlwind slash around him in circles because it seemed like the logical thing to do, and it was.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

i just did the basic whirlwind slash around him in circles because it seemed like the logical thing to do, and it was.

lol. probably a good fight to break lockon for too. (lategame stuff) I had a super easy time against his cousin. but its very different..i don't think it dealt any kind of status/elemental dmg through block and you had a huge arena to fight it in, plus i had 200 healing potions instead of 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I literally just ran at full speed towards the bull's rear end and stabbed it when I got close or he ran into a corner

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4eJGUWgIk8

heres the cheese i found for this guy. i dont know if they patched it. i cut the 2nd phase out because i died to it and i didnt want to look bad on camera

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im only posting it cos i dont see it anywhere else on youtube and i wanna claim credit for it like the no dodge bsb.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That seems legitimately broken so they might've patched it out. I know for sure they patched out the first round deathblow on Corrupted Monk. You can still deathblow the 2nd phase but it's tricky to position so it doesn't feel cheesed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I literally just ran at full speed towards the bull's rear end

But wouldn’t you rather take the butcher’s word for it?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
funnily enough he starts deflecting and blocking if you get him close to the stairs leading up to the chest. you have to turn around and push him into the corridor for it to work

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u could probably instantly posture break him by spinning an umbrella around a bunch too for the 2nd phase. as well as the first come to think of it though u may need the tanto for both dots.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

u could probably instantly posture break him by spinning an umbrella around a bunch too for the 2nd phase. as well as the first come to think of it though u may need the tanto for both dots.

i beat him first playthrough with living force fire blade, which stunlovks him to death.....second playthrough with umbrella, which feels really unfair since if u dont spin it its free and u take no damage

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

jjust realised i forgot to update my internet before i played sekiro so ive been playing an unpatched version ... idk how much dfferent stuff is but im dling like 4gb of stuff for it atm. i wanted to upload some miniboss cheese i found that isnt on youtube yet (red eye ashina elite with the mortal blade) but its robably already been patched out

I think the changes are mostly some of the prosthetic tools costing less emblems

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Started this a few days ago and Genichiro is kicking my rear end. My master is just off to the side like :eng99:

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
was trying to cheese the sakura bull and every time i firecracker it from behind instead of ramming into the wall and knocking itself out, it just freezes in place until i hit it. was also doing this while i was throwing ceramics at it, anyone else on 1.04 have this happen???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0PrDsflXY

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

nosering posted:

was trying to cheese the sakura bull and every time i firecracker it from behind instead of ramming into the wall and knocking itself out, it just freezes in place until i hit it. was also doing this while i was throwing ceramics at it, anyone else on 1.04 have this happen???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0PrDsflXY

you can see its rear end in a top hat

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm on Great Shinobi Owl and even whittling his first health bar down halfway feels like a big accomplishment. Ichimonji Double has been one of my favorite combat arts and it works so well against him when you have an opening. I think Lady Butterfly, Owl, and especially Genichiro are some of the best bosses From has ever done.

Just beat him. Definitely one of the best fights in the game.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 7, 2019

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
wait til owl 2 :getin:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Corrupted Monk fight was an awesome way of showing how good you've gotten at the combat. You can wreck her first phase with nothing but posture damage. I really hope they make DLC for this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like this game hasn't really stuck in my mind the way other From games have... I don't mean that as a criticism, I dunno. I'll definitely replay it, it's a fantastic game, I just don't think about it as much?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like this game hasn't really stuck in my mind the way other From games have... I don't mean that as a criticism, I dunno. I'll definitely replay it, it's a fantastic game, I just don't think about it as much?

think about deez bitch

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I used to daydream about Majula at work and I don’t think I’ve thought about sekiro once outside of playing it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

I beat the boss my second try, would have won him first try but I fell asleep kiting him. HES. Bad biss tho well except for when he farts @ u

i took a long time to beat the ape and it was mostly about just learning to read his unusual animations. i think he was a fine boss but i didnt do any lame kiting strats cuz i just figured that would make the game boring. basically i approached it like mgr where parry > all

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
i mean i dont blame anyone for kiting or whatever but... id rather just die 20 times than do a lame strat in a game like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I used to daydream about Majula at work and I don’t think I’ve thought about sekiro once outside of playing it
yeah this is the kind of thing I mean. It's one of the best games they've made and is 1000x better than DS2/3 but there's something a bit forgettable about it. I am very mentally ill though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont think its as good as bloodborne. but like owl 2 is one of the best fights theyve ever done easy. lets wait for the dlc though cos bloodborne went to a completely different lvl with the dlc.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i found it really memorable though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its probably much harder at bloodborne to get properly top tier at too .. well it is for me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sekiro is the first fromsoft game for me where i prefer fighting bosses to exploring and slaying mobs