Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

says to improve system performance but it locked my ps4 on boot and i had to install it by usb to get the thing to get back to the dashboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bust Rodd posted:

If you don’t think the violence in The Last of Us isn’t explicit and intentional then you don’t understand the games IMO

It can be intentional and also not good.

Anyway, beat Ume-bozi in Nioh. That thing had too much health. I understand its gimmick, but with the amount of fire stuff I'm able to bring at that point in the game it was a huge pain.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They also made a ton of people think DLC was incoming because the message on the closed worlds was something like "sealed by odin's will" which sounds just arbitrary enough that it seemed like one day it could spontaneously disappear and let you in (after you installed a content update).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I had some issue with getting my PS4 to turn on for some reason just now. Has anyone else had any issue downloading update 6.70?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember getting to that room where you travel between worlds and it had like 10 worlds you wheel around not including the central hhub and thinking this game was going to be loving massive. What was the deal with that, why would they set your expectations like that .

Gotta set the look of the world on the first run. We're sadly beyond the point where people are fine with the world just completely changing in appearance from game to game. Gotta have consistency now. Can't be in someone's living room in from one person's camera view and swap to another and be in a junkyard and then back and now we're in the rainforest.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Imhotep posted:

If you haven’t played Bloodborne, or DS3, play those next in that order.

Recently completed Bloodborne and loved it. Haven't played any DS games but got Dark Souls 3 and the expansions for it. Any tips/suggestions for a newcomer to the franchise that loved Bloodborne? I understand one of the big differences is DS has shields and they're useful but is there anything else major? Does co-op work in a similar way or is it more solo-focused?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

There's a network test for Code Vein starting at 10pm. I got a code in my email earlier today.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RareAcumen posted:

I had some issue with getting my PS4 to turn on for some reason just now. Has anyone else had any issue downloading update 6.70?

No issues here, but someone else a few posts up also had some trouble. Mebbe hold off on updating for the time being unless absolutely necessary.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so I think if people were hoping this would be like Spider-Man they'll be disappointed, it looks to me like much more of a Division forevergame

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

There's a network test for Code Vein starting at 10pm. I got a code in my email earlier today.

I wish I had known about this, because man, I've been secretly looking forward to that game. Unless someone has an extra code or something kicking around, hopefully there's a lot of good footage that'll go up for it so I can get an idea about whether or not I'm actually gonna get it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I wish I had known about this, because man, I've been secretly looking forward to that game. Unless someone has an extra code or something kicking around, hopefully there's a lot of good footage that'll go up for it so I can get an idea about whether or not I'm actually gonna get it.

there was a gameplay snippet last month. it looked decent but i'm not thrilled about the persistent sidekick characters

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so I think if people were hoping this would be like Spider-Man they'll be disappointed, it looks to me like much more of a Division forevergame

Sounds like poo poo from an rear end

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think there was something that mentioned this floating around some months ago.

Probably the lamest angle they could take. Guess having the Avengers license means you can't just make a tight single player game Spider-Man like. Maybe they figured that MUA3 is the game you should play if you want to be The Captain America doing captain America stuff.

Can't be worse than Anthem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

Recently completed Bloodborne and loved it. Haven't played any DS games but got Dark Souls 3 and the expansions for it. Any tips/suggestions for a newcomer to the franchise that loved Bloodborne? I understand one of the big differences is DS has shields and they're useful but is there anything else major? Does co-op work in a similar way or is it more solo-focused?

If you've played Bloodborne you are good. They are extremely similar.

DS is a little more defensive than BB but you don't even have to use a shield if you don't want to. Most people seem to play with a shield on their backs so they can whip it out if they need it. other than some minor mechanics being different it'll all feel very familiar.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Going back to DS after BB is cool. You feel more like a regular schmuck going up against impossible odds, instead of being like, the Sickest Hunter ever. It had been so long since I played it that it felt satisfying to equip a greatshield and tank hits.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So this is what Square-Enix has had the Deus Ex team doing all these years instead of more Deus Ex...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Imhotep posted:

How far are you? Are you playing 1 for the first time? If you haven’t played Bloodborne, or DS3, play those next in that order. Also I’m replaying DS1 on Switch with a friend and realizing that I definitely prefer DS2, and it’s just because I played them in reverse order starting w Bloodborne and ending with Demon’s Souls, but they’re all great, I just got spoiled by the amount of weapon variety in 3 and 2, and while 1 is definitely more memorable and doesn’t have as much bloat, it still has a lot of stuff I thoroughly don’t enjoy, like Sen’s Fortress, and some other random areas. 3 is my favorite (Bloodborne is the best, but out of the Souls games), and I find it crazy people like the original more somehow. Demon’s Souls is loving dope and I need to see that remake at E3.

Yeah playing 1 for the first time. Not really that far at all, I've only killed the Taurus demon, butterfly, and gargoyles. I've played bloodborne and got fairly far in it but never beat it. Never felt like I was ever very good at bloodborne but I feel much more competent playing ds1

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Play all Dark Souls games, Demon's Souls, and their DLCs. Each game iterates on the core formula slightly differently and each in interesting ways.

I started Sekiro recently and man the combat is great. All the different counters feel so good to pull off. It's pretty meh as a stealth game but I know this is relatively new territory for FromSoft (except that one Tenchu game) so I can give it a pass.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bust Rodd posted:

Sequel bait or not, it’s extremely weird to have a part of your game that says “You will never, ever go here!”

That didn't really bother me. The thing for me was the game got me hyped for the possibility of Kratos and Boi going to ancient Egypt and fighting Anubis or whatever the gently caress

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sounds like poo poo from an rear end

I played Champions for a bit when it came out and that was fun even though it was just a lovely mmo. Can't underestimate the superhero fun time. So yeah, if it has ok gameplay that captures being a superdude I will likely consider it, but for the time being I am 100% with you on rear end poo poo. I was expecting a Spider-Man style single player game rather than superhero Destiny/Division.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's gonna be so cool when you get confined to a single room in the helicarrier and play the same missions 10 times to get a shot at a rare Mjolnir

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know in your heart theyll gently caress up the balance and the best weapon for thor will be like a fire handgun

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Barudak posted:

You know in your heart theyll gently caress up the balance and the best weapon for thor will be like a fire handgun

It might just be power selection rather than weapons or a limited number of weapons. Giving Thor three trees with unarmed Ragnarok style perpetual lightning storm, balanced Mjolnir style and Stormbreaker or something for big single target might make sense. I don't know though, yuo've got Avengers that are very much gear users and then Thor and Hulk who can just own things without it.

I'm interested to see what kind of poo poo sandwich is being served up basically.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BisterdDave posted:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare reveal trailer

Man this looks pretty cool, might be the first time in a few years I get a CoD game on release day. Now just to wait and see how the multiplayer looks.

"We get dirty, the world stays clean" lmao

We kill brown people, because they're there

Space Panda posted:

No it is supposed to have an all new edgy culturally relevant campaign

gently caress that noise in the facehole

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thanks for reminding me about the GoW "fast travel" system :negative:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

Dick Measuring Contest

haveblue posted:

They also made a ton of people think DLC was incoming because the message on the closed worlds was something like "sealed by odin's will" which sounds just arbitrary enough that it seemed like one day it could spontaneously disappear and let you in (after you installed a content update).

The DLC is coming, it's 60 dollars and you can install the content in a few years

SUNKOS posted:

Play DS3 with no shield, no armor, and a huge 2 handed sword. Fast roll forever.

edit;fml

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 31, 2019

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I literally signed up yesterday, saw this post and checked my email and I got in, so I’d imagine that it wasn’t too limited. But thanks for reminding me! Someone posted a code like, maybe a page or so before the Death Stranding stuff happened that no one replied to but I couldnt find anywhere to attempt to redeem it so I just signed up, and yeh, I’m excited too. Co op Souls likes are my favorite type of multiplayer, and the fact that this is one that was developed by someone who worked on actual Souls games makes me much more optimistic.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2hJE3b_tQ

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Made these guys in the Code Vein character creator:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

AllisonByProxy posted:

They look familiar. Is that Locke and Sabin?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AllisonByProxy posted:

Is it a good game? I think is looks alright and I'd be down for some anime action.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
It's a pretty competent "souls-like" that's positively overflowing with anime bullshit. I'm having fun with it so far!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

AllisonByProxy posted:

It's a pretty competent "souls-like" that's positively overflowing with anime bullshit. I'm having fun with it so far!

I like this description and I'm excited to try it out myself.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

JBP posted:

Is it a good game? I think is looks alright and I'd be down for some anime action.

It feels kinda floating and hits feel shallow and without weight. Parrying is really easy and basically one shots basic stuff instantly.

I don't get the blood codes, and the systems are... Kinda obtuse in a way that makes me feel like I wasted my time . I think I'm passing on this one, it's not what I wanted from it.

Chargen is fun at least, but I'm not sure they've done themselves a favor with the prologue being the showcase.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Didn't everyone already know the Avengers game was going to be MP since basically forever?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

America's rear end gets a game that's just rear end.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

It's the cosmic balance of Data East's Avengers game and Capcom's old Marvel fighting games being the raddest poo poo ever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

Didn't everyone already know the Avengers game was going to be MP since basically forever?

I had no idea but also I haven't been closely watching it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So DC universe on-line, but with Marvel character?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

I thought no one knew anything about the game, even that it still existed, until like Wednesday. Like, two years ago Square-Enix did a press release saying they were making an Avengers game, and then nothing else until this week.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

exquisite tea posted:

We didn't even know the Avengers game was going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I mean, it could be worse...