Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Anne Whateley posted:

That makes it pretty meaningless imo. Cops are not gonna move forward if you just spank your kids or whatever. What they are gonna prosecute is what was already illegal as child abuse.

Am I wrong? Has anyone gone to jail for spanking or slapping their kid without leaving marks? Or was the bill just a feelgood thing

Five seconds of Google:
New Zealand father convicted for spanking son

There was a lot of chatter when it came out about grey lines and slippery slopes, but a decade later it's clearly done it's job; jokes about domestic hitting are now met with "You can't do that anymore, remember?". I'd imagine it was similar about making jokes about women voting or whatnot back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Palpek posted:

Spanking is illegal in most of Europe, "just about everywhere" is the US of A.

And the UK, France, Italy, Japan, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, South Korea, Taiwan, Mexico...

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Anne Whateley posted:

That makes it pretty meaningless imo. Cops are not gonna move forward if you just spank your kids or whatever. What they are gonna prosecute is what was already illegal as child abuse.

Am I wrong? Has anyone gone to jail for spanking or slapping their kid without leaving marks? Or was the bill just a feelgood thing

quote:

His son was left with bruising to his shoulder which was later photographed by his mother and used as evidence by police.
I asked that particular question because even in the US, leaving marks is one of the big factors in determining whether it rises to the level of abuse. Even in Texas!

If the law actually makes a difference, that's great, I just question whether it works or whether it was defanged

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anne Whateley posted:

I asked that particular question because even in the US, leaving marks is one of the big factors in determining whether it rises to the level of abuse. Even in Texas!

If the law actually makes a difference, that's great, I just question whether it works or whether it was defanged

Any law that says "The cops can use their judgement whether or not to prosecute based on if they think it was serious enough" is defanged because cops will gladly refuse to pursue anything that could give them extra work unless it gives them a chance to oppress people.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Grape posted:

And the UK, France, Italy, Japan, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, South Korea, Taiwan, Mexico...
Ok, I'll agree that there are other lovely countries on the list with the US. Still "just about everywhere" excludes:

Hughlander posted:

Some of the countries and territories that have bans are: Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kenya, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, and Portugal.
The other countries and territories that have bans are: Moldova, Romania, San Marino, Slovenia, South Sudan, Spain, St. Maarten, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Macedonia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
A group of neighborhood kids hurt themselves on my hot peppers - VA

quote:

I have a hot pepper garden out front in a planter box, there is chicken wire supporting the plants and keeping the deer out but there's not a sign warning about the peppers or anything (I never imagined it would ever be necessary). It's a good 20ft from the sidewalk up by the porch and front door. Nobody has any business going up there and messing with my garden. It's very clearly private property.

Today I came home from work find to vomit all over the lawn, my walkway, and on the fabric cushions of the bench on my porch, along with various trash (empty waters, an open lunch box with the contents spewed about, a tshirt soaked in vomit). There was a note on the door that just said there has been an accident and to please call as soon as I saw the note.

Worried about what could have happened, I called. Well, it turns out this afternoon a group of middle schoolers walking home from school decided to have a hot pepper eating contest in my goddamn yard. Long story short, one kid ate a Carolina Reaper hybrid (stronger than a ghost pepper) whole and ended up having to go to the hospital by ambulance. Several others also got violently ill eating various other kinds of peppers.
The phone number listed was one of the kids' dads and he was pissed as all of get out. He was telling me I was crazy for having peppers like that out where people could get to them, he was asking for my insurance, saying he was going to get the police involved. I told him money was tight right now and I didn't currently have renters' insurance, he said he would be sending me a bill and I should pay it if I don't want to be sued or charged with assault. He wanted my landlord's information too but I wouldn't give it to him, he said he would find it in public records. I gently reminded him that his kid shouldn't have been on my property. I tried not to seem like a dick, I really do feel terrible the kids got hurt. Anyways, he wasn't having it. He was already yelling but he started cussing me out so I hung up. He tried calling me back three more times and I didn't answer.

I can't afford a lawyer and don't even know what kind I would need, so I figured this was the next best thing. Can he really sue me for this? I don't think I can afford their hospital bill, what do I do? Is this really an actual crime like he said? What would my landlord do? Could I be evicted for this?

Thanks in advance
Location - VA

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Call the cops for the vandalism, throw up is nasty as hell.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

My boyfriend refuses to learn the language of my country after 5 years of living here - help!

quote:

My boyfriend (32) is Romanian and I am Czech (24) and we have been together for about 8 months. He has lived in the Czech Republic for almost five years now and his Czech is still virtually non-existent. He works in IT so work is not a problem and most young people here speak English. However, our typical argument situation is this: We go to a restaurant / office / shop where the staff speaks English with some difficulty and so they make me the "point of contact". This makes my boyfriend feel ignored. If the person can speak some English, he automatically assumes they don't speak it to him on purpose because they are disrespectful. When the waiter or whoever leaves us, he complains extensively about how horrible they are and I honestly find it very childish and repulsive. Sometimes I even pretend I don't speak Czech (which is ridiculous, in my own country) to avoid these situations.

Now, of course I know how ridiculous his behavior is. He has Czech classed at work payed by the company - however, he "doesn't have time" for them because of his busy schedule. He has been living here for years. He feels awful and weak when I have to babysit him and go run his errands with him because "the f*cking lady at the office doesn't speak English". But for some reason it's not enough and he procrastinates and procrastinates and grows ever more resentful. He doesn't even want to learn with me because he feels bad when he doesn't catch something quick enough and his ego gets in the way.

I need help in how to motivate / support him or help him be more enthusiastic about learning the language. He is plenty smart and ambitious, he just needs the right motivation to kick him off. Any ideas guys please?

tl;dr: My boyfriend is procrastinating learning Czech and we run into problems because of it, especially when dealing with third parties.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Boyfriend (30M) of 6 years said he sometimes finds me (26F) unattractive. He said I’ve gained weight and I’m lazy. Should I take it personally?

quote:

Sorry this is a long post, but if you have time, I’d really appreciate the advice!

So just to give a bit of background, I’ve been with my boyfriend for about 6 years. Bit of a rocky relationship with lots and ups and downs due to physical and mental ill health on his part. He’s still pretty ill and hasn’t worked for about 3 years until very recently. During this time we’ve both lived with our respective parents and I’ve supported the relationship financially. This includes dates, holidays, his phone bill, presents, you name it, I’ve paid for it. I’ve basically stood by him through his physical illness and depression, which, if anyone knows is drat hard. I’ve also been training to be a veterinary nurse for the past 2 years, working full time in practice and attending college every week, and hopefully should be qualified in the next few months!

Anyway, despite our rocky first few years, we are stronger than ever. We’re truly best friends, we love each other unconditionally and both are in agreement that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We’re completely committed to each other and have a very open relationship in terms of communication.

A few months back I was very ill resulting in being off work for 5 weeks and had to stay in hospital for over a week. During this time, I gained a little weight. We’re talking about 7 pounds, but it’s enough to add a little extra jiggle on my bum and tum and made a few items of clothing a little too snug! I’m currently 147 pounds, and am in a UK size 10-12. I was aware of this weight as I have some self-esteem issues. However, I told him i was going to lose the weight.

Now the second issue. I’m real loving lazy. I’m talking my floor is my wardrobe, I have 12 mugs in my bedroom kinda lazy. Add that to working my rear end off working 8.30-7.00 5 days a week and I ain’t got no motivation to work out. Ive managed to lose a couple of pound from diet but I’m not quite there yet.

So recently my boyfriend said that he was feeling kinda off. He’s still ill and just started a new job. He’s feeling a lot of pressure to make things work, especially now we’re talking about the future and moving in together and kids etc. So I just assumed it was the usual. However, he told me he wasn’t feeling the relationship physically and has little interest in sex. Granted, our sex life has slowed down a little due to the nature of my illness earlier this year, but we still have fantastic sex and are very intimate and affectionate. He then told me that he wasn’t attracted to me ‘sometimes’ because I had gained a little weight, especially on my face, and because I’m lazy and unambitious which he finds very unattractive. He says he still loves me and wants to be with me, he just doesn’t want to be one of those older couples that either joke about never having sex and living like friends or resenting each other and cheating. He wants me to sort my poo poo out and better myself and make a lifestyle change.

For some reason, this really hurt me. I was upset that I had stood by him through all this poo poo, that I had cuddled him in bed when he hadn’t showered for 8 days when things got real bad, that I had only gained the weight as a result of being ill myself, and that I’m lazy because I work my rear end off to pay for both us and am exhausted every day. I have a healthy social life but he’s now saying I don’t want to do anything and that I’ve lost my ‘spark’. Baring in mind that over the past few years I could probably recall every date we ever had because there’s so few. I would ask to do things constantly but due to his illness, we rarely did anything.

It’s really hurt my feelings with regards to self esteem and it’s worried me that my ‘laziness’ is something that I can’t fix as it’s a pretty ingrained personality trait at this point.

So I guess, my question is, am I wrong to feel upset? I know that this is the mature way to approach this and I should believe that he loves me and that I should be grateful he wants to make our relationship better.

But part of me can’t help feel self-conscious and paranoid that he thinks this of me. Sitting next to him now I’m just hyper aware of doing anything wrong or standing in bad lighting or about the way I look. I feel like I can’t hang out without make up on or eat anything I shouldn’t in front of him. It’s really screwed with my head. There are things I find unattractive about him but they’re negligible! I’m still attracted to him unconditionally. And because I’ve gotten so upset, he’s now panicking and upset that he’s ruined the relationship by bringing it up. I’ve asked him what if it never changes and he said he’d still wana be with me because everything else about me is worth it.

I’d really love to just hear people’s thoughts on this. I really want to save my relationship, I think we both do. I’m just struggling to get past the confidence knock.

EDIT So there are a couple of details I omitted because I didn’t feel they were too relevant but after all of your amazing replies I think full disclosure is important.

Firstly, I suffer with a chronic back condition. It is hardening of the bones between my sacro-iliac joint. This leaves me with back pain if I stand or walk for too long, lift heavy objects from below waist height and strain myself in kneeling or crouching positions. It leaves me with pretty bad pain which affects my ability to walk. Obviously doing the job I do, I often come home from work in pain. This has affected my ability to do serious exercise as my job has always been the most important thing, and worry that anything I do outside of work will affect my ability to do my job. For example, I went out a few weeks ago with friends, danced for about an hour and was in pain for about 4 days. I’ve had to consider changing careers but I love my job more than anything and my employer is very understanding. I’ve tried lots of physio and seen various consultants but have come to the conclusion that it’s just something I have to live with and manage the best I can.

Also, the illness I had earlier this year. I was ill from NYE to beginning of March. To cut a long story short, I had a miscarriage that turned out to be a cervical ectopic pregnancy that hadn’t fully expelled. I was admitted to hospital as an emergency and had blood transfusions and came very close to a hysterectomy. So yeah. Thought you should all know. That’s why I gained weight. I was severely anaemic and was eating whatever I wanted, and was also almost bed bound for 5 weeks.

TL;DR My (26F) boyfriend (30M)of 6 years said he sometimes finds me unattractive because I’ve gained weight and I’m lazy. He still loves me and wants to be with me, but Ive has a massive confidence knock. Should I take this personally and if not, how do I cope with it?

Have you considered the advantages of :murder: in this situation?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

I forget what the legal term is, like "enticing menace" or something, but you can be legally at fault if someone trespasses and hurts themself.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

PostNouveau posted:

I forget what the legal term is, like "enticing menace" or something, but you can be legally at fault if someone trespasses and hurts themself.

Attractive nuisance - usually that applies to pools and trampolines but in this case the kids knew the peppers were hot and admitted they were having a contest due to the fact it was hot. I wonder if that still applies? Like, they were hoping this would happen.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
You're thinking of an attractive hazard.

That usually refers to things like having a swimming pool with no fence or other way of restricting access for little kids, not a garden full of murderously hot peppers that some teenagers decided to eat specifically because they knew it would be awful

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

e: well fuk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Attractive nuisance - usually that applies to pools and trampolines but in this case the kids knew the peppers were hot and admitted they were having a contest due to the fact it was hot. I wonder if that still applies?

Yeah, they're also stealing as well.

lol at that dad thinking he'll be able to press assault charges.

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Lucid Nonsense posted:

url=goodhousekeeping.com
distance_ejaculated=3"
room_for_improvement=twist at the top more often

The real joke is not using JSON so it's easier to shuffle the data between different analysis engines.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for pranking my judgemental mother-in law?

Not a Reddit regular, so sorry if I do something wrong. My husband and I are both in our 30’s. My mother in law hates me. She is devoutly Baptist, while I’m not really a religious person. She has told me I dress like a slut, that I will “spend eternity separated from the love of Christ,” and she’s implied that I have drug problems. My hubs and I enjoy cannabis occasionally (legal in our state) but we don’t do any other drugs.

All of this escalated last month, when she spotted a bong in our living room. It’s a beautiful blown glass piece that our friend made for us, and we like to display it. She immediately went nuts and stormed out of the house.

Now, this next part happened last week. I was at a gas station in a sketchy part of town, and I saw a display of those “rose in a tube” things that look like crack pipes. They’re pretty convincing...google it if you haven’t seen one. I bought it, and when she came over for dinner yesterday, I put it on the counter. I even used baking soda to create fake “residue.”

She started crying as soon as she saw it, and I let her blow up for a few minutes before I told her it was a prank. My hubs also thought it was funny, but my mil was really mad. She called my bil to complain, and he left me an angry message and wants to schedule a family meeting. Reddit people, AITA?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My MIL advocates spanking because she was "scared to death" of her dad. She also got knocked up at 14 and dropped out of high school. She may want to rethink the efficacy of spanking imo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Not a Reddit regular, so sorry if I do something wrong. My husband and I are both in our 30’s. My mother in law hates me. She is devoutly Baptist, while I’m not really a religious person. She has told me I dress like a slut, that I will “spend eternity separated from the love of Christ,” and she’s implied that I have drug problems. My hubs and I enjoy cannabis occasionally (legal in our state) but we don’t do any other drugs.

All of this escalated last month, when she spotted a bong in our living room. It’s a beautiful blown glass piece that our friend made for us, and we like to display it. She immediately went nuts and stormed out of the house.

Now, this next part happened last week. I was at a gas station in a sketchy part of town, and I saw a display of those “rose in a tube” things that look like crack pipes. They’re pretty convincing...google it if you haven’t seen one. I bought it, and when she came over for dinner yesterday, I put it on the counter. I even used baking soda to create fake “residue.”

She started crying as soon as she saw it, and I let her blow up for a few minutes before I told her it was a prank. My hubs also thought it was funny, but my mil was really mad. She called my bil to complain, and he left me an angry message and wants to schedule a family meeting. Reddit people, AITA?

It's pretty good, but there's definitely no way to prove it was actually a prank. Haha, I bought a crack pipe, but trust me I didn't use it to smoke crack.

Also lol at "they're pretty convincing" yeah bless your heart those are actually crack pipes lady nobody's buying them for the roses.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 31, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Displaying a bong as if it were a piece of art is trashy af.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Leon Einstein posted:

yeah, even if it's a really fancy pretty one, by the time you're in your 30s the time for displaying your paraphernalia to impress people has definitely long since passed

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I perpetuated racial stereotypes against the father of a girl my brother is lying to.

I’m his sister. My brother is 18 (19 in august) is very conservative. He has firm views on politics and economics. I hate being stereotyped myself, but he's a walking "my daddy is a lawyer" trope. I'm more centre-right so this isn't about me having a vendetta against him for his political views.

He got into a great summer program for young journalists, where he focuses on business and political journalism. He's been partnered up with this stunning black girl. She's 19. Our house is very close to their program's location and we have a large study space. So they've been working here. Not long ago, I was studying while they were in there.

I think they were brainstorming about gentrification in our city but I wasn't paying attention. However (and I'm not proud), when the she started speaking about her own lived experience, I listened.

She has two siblings and her dad took in two more younger cousins (to avoid being placed in the foster-care system). She opened up about relying on EBT to get them all fed since then, but the newer grocery stores typically don't accept. The public school the children attend is also being shutdown. She suggested writing about how shutting down public schools and funding charter schools instead, is an attempt to push out "the undesirables".

To my surprise, my brother started talking about redlining and housing discrimination. He called it "Ground zero" for gentrification.

She was hanging onto his every word like it was gospel. But it was total bullshit.

My brother is very "pro-gentrification". He doesn't believe in poor people having kids they can't afford, her family took in two more. He has used the term "welfare queen" and doesn't believe in handouts. Her family relies on food-stamps.

As soon as she left, I asked him about the poo poo he said in the study.

Long story short, he admitted to bullshitting. He doesn't believe in any of the poo poo he said, but he did it to impress her. He's been pretending to care about a plethora of black and class related issues.

He said that they talk about way more than just politics, but he loves the way she looks at him when he does.

But there's something bothering me about this. When I think about her staring at like he's the only one who gets it, my stomach sinks. Because he doesn't. It's more than just politics for her, it's her life.

She talks about her father A LOT. She has a lot of love and respect for him. He's picked her up a few times. He's a very large and intimidating looking man.

I've been considering using that information against my brother. Saying that if he broke this girls heart, her dad would not be happy. But by doing so, would I be perpetuating racial stereotypes? I know my brother and I think that would make him back off. It would scare him into cutting this poo poo out.

she said doesn't want to just call him out because that would embarrass him. centre-right to the rescue!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Anne Whateley posted:

I missed the bruising comment when I skimmed the article, my bad.

If you're asking for a report from pop health on the exact efficacy on a certain law, feel free to find it since us laypersons wouldn't know of it. Likewise for a report on conviction rate for using this law sans any marks on the child.

You've basically taken up a position, and demanding that others have the burden of disproving your claim. So no, gently caress you, go do your own drat homework before spouting off.

And for cops using their discretion... that's what cops do? I'm sorry but the US's anti-police sentiment isn't present down here. Our cops have a good rep, tyvm.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, they're also stealing as well.

lol at that dad thinking he'll be able to press assault charges.

Yeah, I imagine any “attractive nuisance” law would be superseded by the fact that they were committing theft. The courts also have to define whether or not the child would have known right from wrong, and good luck arguing that a middle schooler is too young to know they shouldn’t steal stuff from people’s gardens to eat as a challenge.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I imagine any “attractive nuisance” law would be superseded by the fact that they were committing theft. The courts also have to define whether or not the child would have known right from wrong, and good luck arguing that a middle schooler is too young to know they shouldn’t steal stuff from people’s gardens to eat as a challenge.

With that father they might not.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Here's the list of standards that 7 states use for defining an attractive nuisance:

quote:

The place where the condition exists is one on which the possessor knows or has reason to know that children are likely to trespass

The condition is one of which the possessor knows or has reason to know and which he realizes or should realize will involve an unreasonable risk of death or serious bodily harm to such children

The children, because of their youth, do not discover the condition or realize the risk involved in inter-meddling with it or in coming within the area made dangerous by it

The utility to the possessor of maintaining the condition and the burden of eliminating the danger are slight as compared with the risk to children involved, and

The possessor fails to exercise reasonable care to eliminate the danger or otherwise to protect the children

All 5 conditions have to be met for the owner to be at fault. Even if he meets 4 of them (which one could potentially argue, despite the peppers being fenced in near the front door so you'd have to trespass and reach over a fence to get at them), the fact that the kids were middle school age and specifically knew the peppers were hot immediately makes #3 not true.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I perpetuated racial stereotypes against the father of a girl my brother is lying to.

how will anyone uncover this guy's master plot of pretending to be #woke to get laid, while actually being a racist eugenics freak who's heard a buzzword

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Peppers aren't exactly attractive tbh, it's not like a kid sees a Serrano and is like aw hell yeah I want to eat that.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

welcome to hell posted:

Boyfriend [19F] is disgusted that I [19F] touched his butthole right after he touched mine

Peg him!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Here's the list of standards that 7 states use for defining an attractive nuisance:

All 5 conditions have to be met for the owner to be at fault. Even if he meets 4 of them (which one could potentially argue, despite the peppers being fenced in near the front door so you'd have to trespass and reach over a fence to get at them), the fact that the kids were middle school age and specifically knew the peppers were hot immediately makes #3 not true.

Ah, good stuff thanks for the info

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Piell posted:

Lol, those kids already learned the right lesson (don't steal and eat hot peppers, the principles involved have broad application) and psycho dad is trying his damnedest to make them learn the wrong one (when you gently caress up, loudly and irrationally blame everyone else)

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Xenocides posted:

My (27F) emotionally unstable husband (26M) of 2 years applied to a job as a police officer.

:yikes:

Late to the party but SHE HAS A DAUGHTER! All this is happening with a child in the house! Unless her ex has custody, which I'd bet cash he doesn't.

Terrifying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, good stuff thanks for the info

That being said, he COULD be at risk if the peppers were within reach of someone like an unsupervised toddler who would think nothing of wandering into the yard and grabbing a shiny red thing to eat. He’ll probably avoid consequences here but should consider protecting the peppers a little better, like maybe a gated fence.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

Are you kidding? Blown glass art pieces are not just lovely bongs for everyday smoking. They genuinely require technique and can cost thousands of dollars. It’s really not analogous to college kids with a bunch of vodka bottles on their sill.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Piell posted:

I'd call his bluff along with telling him to do a better job keeping track of his stupid lovely kids

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't really know why you'd call the dad in that situation but it seems especially wrong to do so *before* calling the lawyer.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't think he knew who the phone number was from. The note just said there's been an emergency please call thus number.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

MasBrillante posted:

Are you kidding? Blown glass art pieces are not just lovely bongs for everyday smoking. They genuinely require technique and can cost thousands of dollars. It’s really not analogous to college kids with a bunch of vodka bottles on their sill.

No, I'm not kidding. Yes, I've seen plenty of fancy and expensive bongs. I just think it is trashy to display them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't think he knew who the phone number was from. The note just said there's been an emergency please call thus number.

Yeah, if I came back to find my porch covered in vomit and a note saying "There's been an emergency, call this number" I would probably dial that before doing anything else.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

No, I'm not kidding. Yes, I've seen plenty of fancy and expensive bongs. I just think it is trashy to display them.

Lol, that’s fair. I think it’s trashy to judge people for having glassware visible in their homes because that’s all it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I saw a display of those “rose in a tube” things that look like crack pipes.

lol at this guy not knowing what those are actually for ... haha "look like"