Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Me: poison arrow is dumb
Archero: spawns 4 spitters behind cover with overlapping fields of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Artelier posted:

just got on buriedbornes, killed the ancient king, and now it's asking me if i wanna register for karma, should i? dunno what it does

edit : got impatient and said yes, it turns out to be some sort of pvp mode where you fight other buriedbornes (player data i guess?)

That's correct. It's hard, but rewards fragments of death

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

overseer07 posted:

I'm tempted to download it just to find out what this game actually is.

THIS IS HOW THEY WIN!

I enjoy it quite a bit honestly, but it is nothing like the ads. At all.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

overseer07 posted:

Just FYI for Archero: Bosses are randomly assigned. You can quit out of a boss fight, and come back to a different boss. Really useful for cheesing past that awful jumping tree boss in zone 4.

When you do this, if you have any powerups that circle around you, you lose them when you open it back up.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah but that stupid plant that spits a million balls sucks.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tater_salad posted:

Yeah but that stupid plant that spits a million balls sucks.

You think that's bad? Wait til you get to TWO stupid plants that spit a million balls.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Schubalts posted:

I have seen 3 different ads for AFK Arena and none of them showed the same gameplay as any of the others.
This is sort of how I felt about the FFXV game, I used to get ads from Sim City which made it look like a tower defense game, another ad made it look like total war clone, and there was another that made it look like a princess dress up doll game.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is sort of how I felt about the FFXV game, I used to get ads from Sim City which made it look like a tower defense game, another ad made it look like total war clone, and there was another that made it look like a princess dress up doll game.

I always like the tower defense one because there are like four games that use that exact same ad, just rethemed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Huh critical damage in the Godzilla tapper game is different then I expect. It started out as 2x but it seems to ramp up really fast.

I have an artifact that gives me +400% critical damage which I thought would just give me 5x damage but I have 10x.

You can see my normal damage of a trooper dealing ~1bb but the critical dealing ~10bb Then I add in +562.5% critical damage card and then my damage is now 65x

Now my damage is up to ~65bb. I'm not sure how the math works out but critical damage might be insane in this game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shwqa posted:

Huh critical damage in the Godzilla tapper game is different then I expect. It started out as 2x but it seems to ramp up really fast.

I have an artifact that gives me +400% critical damage which I thought would just give me 5x damage but I have 10x.

You can see my normal damage of a trooper dealing ~1bb but the critical dealing ~10bb Then I add in +562.5% critical damage card and then my damage is now 65x

Now my damage is up to ~65bb. I'm not sure how the math works out but critical damage might be insane in this game.

Bet it is patched next week

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Archero talk (and no there's not enough content to warrant it's own thread) - the spinning orbs seem infinitely more useful than the swords. I don't know if the swords have more damage or not, but I NEVER want to be in sword range to an enemy if I can help it, and the orbs give more like double the range to pick off things through walls. Weird that orbs unlock long before swords..

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Archero talk (and no there's not enough content to warrant it's own thread) - the spinning orbs seem infinitely more useful than the swords. I don't know if the swords have more damage or not, but I NEVER want to be in sword range to an enemy if I can help it, and the orbs give more like double the range to pick off things through walls. Weird that orbs unlock long before swords..

The swords do piss for damage, they suck rear end

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I generally try to avoid orbs & swords at all costs if I can but found that you can do a little shimmy around the enemy you're hitting to hit them more quickly with the orbs than if you just stood there and waited for them to rotate. I guess basically just circling around the enemy in the opposite direction the orbs are rotating is how you do this. You're super up close which is why I avoid getting those but I have a green chestpiece with +7% dodge and don't think I'll ever change it because having killing blows miss every now and then has saved me so many times.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 31, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have a rare scythe and a green dodge vest which does alright. If you can get the summon bat skill, they shoot lasers and spawn way more frequently on kill than you'd expect, they rule.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ever since I got to World...uh, 4(?) (the mines) I've been doing real poorly. Somehow made it through World 3 on my second attempt, I assume it's created an imbalance where I'm too weak to really take on any of these enemies. I can't even make it to the second boss. Also I feel like the skill selection is worse - it's not that there are too many new skills now, I don't even see those ones. Now all I'm getting is the elemental arrows, swords, and orbs. Maybe a backwards arrow too.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The shock orbs can be usefull for hordes and splitters

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I had to grind my way through world 3 and even I'm having issues with world 4. At this point I think I need better gear because I've got all the skills unlocked so there's no major boost from that side.

World 4 has a lot of gently caress you enemies and bosses, I loving hate it when the scattershot pea pod and the thing which summons meteors spawn in the same room. There's no way you're going out without taking some damage.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Ever since I got to World...uh, 4(?) (the mines) I've been doing real poorly. Somehow made it through World 3 on my second attempt, I assume it's created an imbalance where I'm too weak to really take on any of these enemies. I can't even make it to the second boss. Also I feel like the skill selection is worse - it's not that there are too many new skills now, I don't even see those ones. Now all I'm getting is the elemental arrows, swords, and orbs. Maybe a backwards arrow too.

You can tap on the world icon in the center of the screen to get a menu that lets you go back and forth between worlds to grind upgrades in the older stuff if you need to.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
3 kicked my rear end until i went back to the boomerang, I almost beat 3 on one of my first tries but died to the final boss when it had less than 1 hits worth of life left. 4 is currently kicking my rear end.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Scipiotik posted:

3 kicked my rear end until i went back to the boomerang, I almost beat 3 on one of my first tries but died to the final boss when it had less than 1 hits worth of life left. 4 is currently kicking my rear end.

I almost beat 3 but had to get off the train lol, every other attempt the skeleton molotov guys have aoekilled me because they start throwing before they spawn and you can't move away in time because the hitbox is enormous

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

New Leaf posted:

But why wouldn't you want to watch the same ad for the game RAID over and over again?

I swear all some of these ads do is make me despise whatever they're advertising.

WHY IS THIS GAME SO HARD...

I hate those ads because they are just playing the game like a moron. Then on top of that what they show is not even the game play of the game.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Okay after more testing on the Godzilla tapper, critical builds are definitely the way to go. I can one shot bosses that I can't even dent with +600 attack increase then 48x dps damage. Level 2 Destoryah perfect Form gives a whopping +1500% critical damage atto turrets and airplanes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I have a rare scythe and a green dodge vest which does alright. If you can get the summon bat skill, they shoot lasers and spawn way more frequently on kill than you'd expect, they rule.

What rarity bat do you have? I got one of him but I've been using a ghost that lobs bombs and some floaty death thing that throws scythes, but the ghost and bat are both green so they kinda suck.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh I have the bomb pet, I meant the bat perk

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh I have the bomb pet, I meant the bat perk

OH I got you now. There's also a bat pet that shoots lasers, thought you were talking about him.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

poo poo, there's pets/options in this game? :f5:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

explosivo posted:

poo poo, there's pets/options in this game? :f5:

Well. They are pieces of equipment called 'spirits'. Like all equipment, they have different rarities and can be upgraded, unlike equipment they move around and attack on their own.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
Buriedbornes is awesome, thanks to the chorus of folks bringing it up. It's a little inscrutable at first but it's really fun and addictive. Not sure if it's the case, but my runs always seem to go way way better if I pick up a piece of equipment with Frenzy...it's the only thing that seems imbalanced / overpowered so far

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

Buriedbornes is awesome, thanks to the chorus of folks bringing it up. It's a little inscrutable at first but it's really fun and addictive. Not sure if it's the case, but my runs always seem to go way way better if I pick up a piece of equipment with Frenzy...it's the only thing that seems imbalanced / overpowered so far

Frenzy is strong until you get into harder dungeons and start using specialized builds that require skills being used in a certain order. It's always fun to see your guy spam Wait and See 12 times in a row.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

So apparently Sinoalice from Nier director Yoko Taro is coming to west?

Has anyone played it?

I dabbled a bit in the Japanese version, didn't make much headway because of the language barrier.

Global version is launching on July 18th. Published by Nexon so temper your expectations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Mabinogi Duel was a fun card game I used to play. Too bad Nexon, uh, shut it down.

So their stuff is not inherently bad, I guess.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

WaltherFeng posted:

Mabinogi Duel was a fun card game I used to play. Too bad Nexon, uh, shut it down.

So their stuff is not inherently bad, I guess.

Fantasy War Tactics was a fantastic loving game. Too bad Nexon, uh, sold it off to some idiots who are trying to milk the last of the money out of what remains of the fans.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Man, zone three in Archero is a piece of poo poo. Out of maybe five attempts so far I've only made it past the first room once. It's going to take forever to get through at this rate, since I'm only getting the initial spin coins.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Is there an autochess thread? Finally playing the mobile version and it's actually good????

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooah posted:

Man, zone three in Archero is a piece of poo poo. Out of maybe five attempts so far I've only made it past the first room once. It's going to take forever to get through at this rate, since I'm only getting the initial spin coins.

Go back and grind the previous zone?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, this Buriedbones is actually really neat once you figure out just what the gently caress is going on.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

hooah posted:

Wait til you hit zone 5!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

hooah posted:

You can go back to zone two by tapping the dungeon image, then scrolling left, then clicking 'Enter'.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

explosivo posted:

Man, this Buriedbones is actually really neat once you figure out just what the gently caress is going on.

I have no clue still, but I want to figure it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The one thing I can't figure out is what that percentage is on the title screen next to the clock.