Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't think he knew who the phone number was from. The note just said there's been an emergency please call thus number.
Ahh okay, that's fair. For some reason I imagined the whole contest story described in the note, which doesn't make any sense now that I think about it even a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just out of curiosity, do you also think bar carts in living rooms are trashy?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

MasBrillante posted:

Jesus, shut the gently caress up. I'm allowed to have an opinion without justifying it to your stupid rear end.

I'm sorry you think your bongs are great decorations.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

Jesus, shut the gently caress up. I'm allowed to have an opinion without justifying it to your stupid rear end.

I'm sorry you think your bongs are great decorations.

Nice meltdown.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

He doesn't deserve it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
AITA for blowing up at my best friend and boyfriend for manipulating me?

MentalKing posted:

So i've known my best friend for about 6 years, i (28/m) used to be quite popular on instagram (15k followers) and so did my best friend (28/f) (20k followers) for going to metal festivals, i had a large gay fanbase as i'm a gay male myself, she is a very attractive blonde girl so obviously she had a lot of followers too. My friend used to sell her instagram fame to get fans into the VIP sections to meet band members, a bit dodgy but it was sweet to see how excited fans got and they were always grateful.

2 years ago, i deleted my instagram due to it being toxic and i started to get recognised by people in my small home town (some pics were quite explicit).

She kept trying to hitch me up with one of her work friends, after she was adamant that i should meet him, i agreed.

So i went on a date with this guy, he was exactly my type, older, bearded, broad, masculine, owner of several businesses, funny, we instantly hit it off, we had a lot in common and very similar tastes. It was perfect. He asked me if im on instagram and i said i used to be but deleted it then asked me on another date straight after and i excitingly agreed.

For the last 2 years, i've been on cloud 9, loving life with my boyfriend, and i also get to see my best friend often since they're really good friends too. I couldn't be happier.

My boyfriend and I were just laying in bed, talking away and looking at things online to buy to spice up our sex life. I pointed to a leather harness and he said "Oh definitely, i loved seeing you in that harness pic". I was confused as the only harness pic i had was on my old instagram, it was one of my most popular pictures. I asked "what pic?". He quickly back tracked and said it must have been someone else but looked panicked. I asked again what pic he was on about. After a bit of pushing, he finally mentioned that he used to be a fan of my old instagram but my friend told him not to mention it.

I was very confused and upset, ran out and headed straight for my friends house. When i got there, i immediately asked why she told him not to mention he knew my instagram, all she said was "you should ask him about it, it was our deal".

Turns out, he approached my best mate to get in touch with me and she asked him to PAY to get a date with me... I went straight back to my mate and blew up at her. She basically said that i'm blowing this all our of proportion since she found me true love and she doesnt understand why im so angry about it.

I then mentioned this to some other friends and they're all saying that i shouldn't be thinking too much into it as i met the love of my life and i was wrong to blow up at them?!

AITA? I honestly feel like this whole set up thing is messed up and yet everybody is acting like its fine?!

EDIT: I haven't been back to my boyfriends house since, i haven't spoke to my best friend either since she told me to calm down.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

MasBrillante posted:

Yes. Probably even trashier.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

MasBrillante posted:

Lol, that’s fair. I think it’s trashy to judge people for having glassware visible in their homes because that’s all it is.

Not if they regularly use it to smoke weed out of, which is what they do. Just because you put your Scarface poster in a silver frame doesn't make it not super trashy.

Bar carts are acceptable, assuming it's the 60s and you work at Sterling Cooper.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yes. Probably even trashier.

I respect the gently caress out of consistency.

My aesthetic does not include either alcohol or weed tools; I just don’t get the visceral disgust at all. Trying to understand it. Still feels wildly judgmental from the “let him wear Marvel!” brigade, but whatever.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress Your Website posted:

Not if they regularly use it to smoke weed out of, which is what they do. Just because you put your Scarface poster in a silver frame doesn't make it not super trashy.

Bar carts are acceptable, assuming it's the 60s and you work at Sterling Cooper.

Well I mean, they also bought a “fake” crack pipe so I thought we were just discussing the general principle,
not their horrid judgment.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

MasBrillante posted:

My aesthetic does not include either alcohol or weed tools; I just don’t get the visceral disgust at all. Trying to understand it. Still feels wildly judgmental from the “let him wear Marvel!” brigade, but whatever.
Visceral disgust? Hyperbolic much? I said I think it's trashy, and i certainly never defended manchildren wearing superhero shirts at 40.

Bongs are not tasteful decor to the majority of people past 25

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

Visceral disgust? Hyperbolic much? I said I think it's trashy, and i certainly never defended manchildren wearing superhero shirts at 40.

Bongs are not tasteful decor to the majority of people past 25

Calm. Down.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

MasBrillante posted:

I didn't think that guy should wear comic book outfits either. If there was a 1-10 meter of lameness I'd put displayed bongs and bar carts at like a 6 and comic book outfits at a 9.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bar carts are fantastic interior design tools. Tiny portable multi-level tables? Yes please.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I don't normally display my glassware, but if my mil made a stink over it I'd probably increase my collection to a point where there'd be a bong visible in every room in the house when she visits.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
I smoke every day and have a classy looking bong (if there is such a thing) and I still keep it put away when not in use. it's trashy as hell to have your home as an adult look like a head shop, sorry

also, this:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I didn't think that guy should wear comic book outfits either. If there was a 1-10 meter of lameness I'd put displayed bongs and bar carts at like a 6 and comic book outfits at a 9.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Interesting. To me, a bong is just another tchotchke, especially if it was a gift. To me, trashy kind of depends on the rationale for something and “this is pretty and pleasant to look at” seems a lot less trashy than “Look i smoke the weed!”

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the dudes who display bongs are mostly the same as the dudes who also have an entire shelf or shelves filled with empty alcohol bottles (usually something like skyy vodka or captain morgan) and have a wardrobe consisting of comic book graphic tees, in my experience

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

AITA for blowing up at my best friend and boyfriend for manipulating me?

Holy poo poo :eyepop: :sever: both of them

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

MasBrillante posted:

Interesting. To me, a bong is just another tchotchke, especially if it was a gift. To me, trashy kind of depends on the rationale for something and “this is pretty and pleasant to look at” seems a lot less trashy than “Look i smoke the weed!”

Who is getting fancy bongs worth thousands as a gift? You can just admit you really whiffed while trying to defend such behavior.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, so artistic glassware bong singular is different than bongs plural. One bong is the saddest head shop I’ve ever heard of. This all just feels like cultural stigma to me, which is valid. But I just don’t think a single piece of glass on a shelf or whatever is automatically trashy. That’s why I made the bar cart analogy. I think that multiple dirty bongs sounds like the college window bottle collection aesthetic which yes, would be trashy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Leon Einstein posted:

You can just admit you really whiffed while trying to defend such behavior.

:chloe: this is a real pathetic move

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Bongs on display is fine as long as theyre on a bar cart

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

Who is getting fancy bongs worth thousands as a gift? You can just admit you really whiffed while trying to defend such behavior.

I am sorry no one has loved you enough to spend $1000 on you, babe. Also, you obviously hate me and I have stopped replying to you so maybe take a xanax and get off my dick?

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
i smoke a ton of weed and having a bong out on display in your living room is trashy as hell. it may actually be more trashy the more of an ostentatious "art piece" it is

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i just turn some funkopops into water pipes so that they are camouflaged from detection via a powerful cringe field

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Bongs on display is fine as long as theyre on a bar cart
What if it's a marvel branded bar cart?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah I feel like blown glass is a trashy aesthetic regardless of whether the "piece" has a practical use like smoking weed. but if its a bong it's even trashier

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
these are some amazingly dumb derails lately.

de gustibus non est disputandum friends

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

these are some amazingly dumb derails lately.

de gustibus non est disputandum friends
It's the same few posters every time, too. The administration has noticed. :)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
I would much rather read unintentionally funny posts by oblivious goons who don't think comic book wardrobes or bong collections are trashy, than a sanctimonious argument about who is most or least misogynist, with cited references

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

MasBrillante posted:

I am sorry no one has loved you enough to spend $1000 on you, babe. Also, you obviously hate me and I have stopped replying to you so maybe take a xanax and get off my dick?
"I have stopped replying to you" you say as you continually reply. Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The bong really tied the room together.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

theres nothing wrong with having a bong just clean that poo poo up and put it away if you know you're having company over like an adult who can make basic plans.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bar carts are fantastic interior design tools. Tiny portable multi-level tables? Yes please.

My great aunt has a cart in her sitting room (she has a separate living room and sitting room) with religious paraphernalia. I’ve been occasionally visiting for 13 years and everything has looked exactly the same in that house every time.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
"displaying you're bong is actually great!!!!!" I yell, wearing my Deadpool hat over a Green Lantern hat

kru
Oct 5, 2003

ah but you see, this is my decorative gas-station crackpipe

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Found a good candidate for the "barely concealed fetish" award
AITA for wanting my girlfriend to fart near me?

quote:

I've been having this discussion with my girlfriend for a while now and decided to ask for other perspectives on reddit. Now I believe farting is a very natural thing that everyone tries to hide because it's embarrassing, but I think that if you're really comfortable being around someone, farting is a sign of intimacy. However my girlfriend disagrees with me. She believes that farting near someone means you don't respect them so she absolutely refuses to fart near me to the point of having pain sometimes. I can see how she would be embarrassed by it though because people expect girls not to fart.

She thinks I keep telling her to fart so I can fart freely (which I did mention one time) but I really just want her to stop holding it in and free herself from her troubles. Today she used a separate bathroom just so I wouldn't hear her and honestly I'm a bit hurt.

Am I The rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Thanks! We did it!