Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Haurchefant as a pld that runs in front of you if you’re standing in aoe

He constantly needs to be rezzed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

Godbert goes AFK at the starting point for the whole dungeon, only to port into the boss room and one-shot it with a suplex

He also sets clear time records for Sigmascape 1.0.

It's his Stone Sky Sea.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ainsley McTree posted:

too soon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you bring Raubahn to Baelsar's Wall, Ilberd uses Arm Graze to stun him at the start of the fight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trachtoum is strong but will only attack if targeted by an enemy first.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yotsuyu uses powerful versions of SMN AOE spells, but they damage the party as well.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Don't bring Rowena, she just rolls need on everything and wins every roll

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

You think that's bad? Khloe summons more enemies in dungeons so that it'll be a more exciting story.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You think that's bad? Khloe summons more enemies in dungeons so that it'll be a more exciting story.

That does sound more exciting, though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

In order to unlock the new Extreme fights, you have to bring the Wandering Minstrel with you to the regular primal fights. He just sits to the side narrating the new mechanics as they come out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Which of the Excal FCs should I join? Does it matter? halp

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

S.J. posted:

Which of the Excal FCs should I join? Does it matter? halp

They’re all good but I’m in PBC so join that one.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CuddlyZombie posted:

They’re all good but I’m in PBC so join that one.

hell yeah

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

In order to unlock the new Extreme fights, you have to bring the Wandering Minstrel with you to the regular primal fights. He just sits to the side narrating the new mechanics as they come out.

I would gladly sacrifice a party spot if it meant the god drat Dragoon might move out of the AoE thanks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I recently saw the video that showed that Haurchefant in the original Japanese script is like, moments away from cumming in his pants anytime the WoL shows up and is all around basically an entirely different character.

Are there more examples of stuff like that? I know that the script is "punched up" alot in English but that seems like the biggest change I've seen.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I recently saw the video that showed that Haurchefant in the original Japanese script is like, moments away from cumming in his pants anytime the WoL shows up and is all around basically an entirely different character.

Are there more examples of stuff like that? I know that the script is "punched up" alot in English but that seems like the biggest change I've seen.

Fray is apparently pretty different.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

On the bright side she does insane damage with Gil Toss.

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
In the Japanese version Alphinaud can only say his own name.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I play with English text and the German dub to brush up on German. The German is usually much more plain and boring than the English text. Sometimes you'll get a whole paragraph of flavor in English and the German is a single line.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shabooty posted:

In the Japanese version Alphinaud can only say his own name.
Thancred often asks Minfilia to "tell him about the rabbits."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

brainwrinkle posted:

I play with English text and the German dub to brush up on German. The German is usually much more plain and boring than the English text. Sometimes you'll get a whole paragraph of flavor in English and the German is a single line.

Oh hey, same here. I'm pretty sure this is the reason I finish the voiced cutscenes in Praetorium earlier than everyone else though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

JP voices, English text gotta get my weeb on. As well by this point what everyone sounds like is solidified in my head so anything else is wrong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

small bird pudding posted:

Oh hey, same here. I'm pretty sure this is the reason I finish the voiced cutscenes in Praetorium earlier than everyone else though.
This also happens to me with the Japanese voices.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I would have used the JP voices but I'm used to the english ones and since the scripts are so different it'd mess me up too much.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I would have used the JP voices but I'm used to the english ones and since the scripts are so different it'd mess me up too much.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, actually understanding a good chunk of what they are saying while reading the translation and going "Oh poo poo why is it so different?" messes me up every time. People can complain about flowery script all they want, but its infinitely better than the drab japanese one.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
IIRC, during ARR, Japanese players asked for their version to be made more like the English one after they learned about the differences. Lots of requests for puns

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

5.0 hotbar builder! It's in Japanese, though, so you'll have to go by the icons. The first dropdown is for job, the second to switch between keyboard and gamepad bars.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

On the bright side she does insane damage with Gil Toss.

lol if you think Rowena would give up a penny more than she absolutely needed to.

Alternately: she'll one shot the boss for you but in return you have to stand around in Idylshire for a week selling poo poo for her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, actually understanding a good chunk of what they are saying while reading the translation and going "Oh poo poo why is it so different?" messes me up every time. People can complain about flowery script all they want, but its infinitely better than the drab japanese one.
I really enjoy the differences and getting to check out the translation.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

lol if you think Rowena would give up a penny more than she absolutely needed to.

Alternately: she'll one shot the boss for you but in return you have to stand around in Mor Dhona for years selling poo poo for her.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I did Heavensward with Japanese voices which made it funny with all the mentions of Primal King Thordan replaced with "Knight of Round"

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
Please, Squeenix, give me party banter with the trusts.

Please.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Don't have any specific examples but apparently the JP 50-60 DRK quests comes off as more sad than the resentful and angry ones we got.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Reducing DoT tracking is one of the things I actually like about nu-Scholar, it was the last job that had multiple ones of different durations I think?

I'm still not happy about the healer changes in general, but the SCH healing toolkit is stronger than I gave it credit for at first glance. It will actually be able to clear content. It still feels like all the healers are going to be weaker and less dynamic at 80 than they are right now though, and synced content is going to be an excuse to take a nap. A lot of it seems like a weird half-step to convert to WoW healspam.

Not that anyone is going to care (the thread and discord have both made that very clear) but I do apologise for getting wound up and snippy yesterday. It's just kind of annoying to see a job you've probably spent a thousand hours playing get worse while a bunch of people mansplain it to you or troll away

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Not that anyone is going to care (the thread and discord have both made that very clear) but I do apologise for getting wound up and snippy yesterday. It's just kind of annoying to see a job you've probably spent a thousand hours playing get worse while a bunch of people mansplain it to you or troll away

:rolleyes:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Please, Squeenix, give me party banter with the trusts.

Please.

Its confirmed that it happens

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its confirmed that it happens
Which is amazing, I just hope we get more trust characters added. Especially some of the non-main Scions who have been around the whole game: Hoary Boulder, Coultenet, Arenvald. Other NPCs would be cool too. Running dungeons with the First's versions of the three city-state leaders could be a great way to develop them more, especially Merlwyb and Kan-e-Senna.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cabbit posted:

5.0 hotbar builder! It's in Japanese, though, so you'll have to go by the icons. The first dropdown is for job, the second to switch between keyboard and gamepad bars.

easy enough

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vitamean posted:

easy enough

Ah I see you're also a drk main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Honestly I just hope they have party banter for earlier dungeons with later trusts, although I would be barely disappointed if they didn't have it. Considering the banter is just text though, it feels pretty likely they will do that.