Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

If the mother was so concerned about the cataracts than maybe she should’ve been the one to drive.

Also, few pages late but ahegao yawner should probably learn to cover her mouth when she yawns. Not to mention I’ve never seen someone yawn with their tongue out and eyes crossed. I do agree with whoever said there’s some stupid hypersensitivity going on in that social circle. Some of those friends sound like awful loving people to hang around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mlnhd posted:

I can’t even relate to the premise of some of these stories. Why couldn’t the daughter drive back herself to get the charger? She probably also has a car charger too? And don’t most homes have a drawer full of chargers left over from old devices?

He said she doesn't drive well, but from a narrator this unreliable, it could mean literally anything. It took me a long time to learn to drive because I was anxious and my dad would always yell at me at the slightest anything, so I'm afraid she could be in that same boat.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

mlnhd posted:

I can’t even relate to the premise of some of these stories. Why couldn’t the daughter drive back herself to get the charger? She probably also has a car charger too? And don’t most homes have a drawer full of chargers left over from old devices?

THIS is what you took from that story?

not all devices use the same charger

not all 19 year olds drive and/or own cars

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I bet she doesn't have a license and the parents nag her to get one while giving her zero support in actually doing so, and also probably live in the middle of nowhere.

Worse!

quote:

[–]pinkmeowvj

[S] -4 points 8 hours ago
My daughter has her license and passed the test the first time at 18, but at 19, I do not think she is good enough of a driver to drive independently. In fact, the only reason I think she passed is because I admonished her extensively for every mistake she made so she'd remember. She once almost ran a red light, and there was another time she did a complicated maneuver entirely wrong. Not going to let her drive with that level of skill.

You are right, we turned back 2 blocks away from her workplace.

I drove because my wife is bad with directions and gets scared driving at night.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for ignoring my parents

quote:

Hi, so I’m 15 y.o boy. Gay and my parents know about it.

Few days ago when I was out my mom was in my room, she was cleaning, she always does it even when I tell her not to. She found condoms on floor. Called me, yelling at me to come home. She told my dad and they both lost their poo poo. They grounded me for whole summer.

My brother, he’s 16, constantly brings her girlfriend over, she stays in his room, and they have absolutely no problem with it. I said that it wasn’t fair, they said that my “situation” was different. I went in my room. I’ve been ignoring them. They tried to talk to me, not about that subject, just random things, but I’m not talking to them.

Your parents are dumbasses and have a double standard

You're being smart and responsible

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Good god that father sounds like a dickhead. Both the mom and dad are pieces of poo poo. His daughter is going to be so happy when she finally does move out for good.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

WIBTA for going to HR about a coworker drunkenly outing me to several coworkers and my sister while we were out for drinks?

quote:

Some backstory: I work at a large corporate location with about 3,000 people. We’re broken up into teams of about 7-10 that all sit in a large cube together. I (22F) confided in a team member (25F) a few months ago that I’m bisexual. I regretted it immediately because her response was “so you want to gently caress me? Ew.” I told her that she is not my type and I do not, in fact, want to gently caress her. She dropped it until the next day when she came back over to my desk and said “so I was thinking about it last night, I think I’m insulted. Why don’t you think I’m attractive?” I brushed it off and we moved on and never mentioned it again.

Until about a week ago. One of our team members is moving to another state so on her last day, the whole team went out for drinks after work with a few people from some other teams. A couple of hours into the night, my coworker loudly announced to everyone “hey, guess what! Did you know that she’s bi! She secretly wants to gently caress me but she’ll never admit it. We’re going to go out of town and gently caress in a hotel room and video it!”

It was horribly embarrassing and made me feel so exposed and vulnerable. Thankfully, no one really said anything and the conversation moved on. I didn’t end up staying too long after that, though. I saw her at work the next day and confronted her about it. She wasn’t super apologetic at all and laughed it off as drunken stupidity.

The next day, I got a phone call from my sister. Turns out, my sister tried to call me while I was out and my coworker answered my phone and gave her the same speech. My sister did not know that I am bi. No one in my family did because they are extremely conservative and religious and I wasn’t ready to tell anyone. Thankfully, my sister was really chill about it and was only upset that I felt like I couldn’t tell her. But now I’m bracing for the rest of my family to find out. I feel like I have no control over this anymore.

I confronted the coworker, again, this time about telling my sister and she said “that doesn’t sound like something I would do. I did not do that.” Finally, she admitted she did do it but only said “oops, don’t get me drunk I guess haha sorryyyy”

At this point, I have no idea what to do. Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I go to HR when it happened outside of work? I imagine there would be some pretty serious blowback for her and I don’t want her to lose her job or anything but I want there to be consequences for her actions. I don’t know if I’m just being petty, though.

Holy gently caress, this woman is awful

In a better world, HR would shut that poo poo down and fire her, but they can't and won't

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wait, so the story is literally "dad picked daughter up from work, two blocks later daughter realizes she forgot her charger, they drive back to get it, and the four blocks of extra driving is a screaming offense? Because the daughter 'made' her father drive, except he won't let her drive for herself?"

Jesus Christ, :murder:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

IG-88 posted:

Good god that father sounds like a dickhead. Both the mom and dad are pieces of poo poo. His daughter is going to be so happy when she finally does move out for good.

Did they say why she took a gap semester?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Judging by the title i'm going to say no

AITA for not wanting to unblock my sister from my life after 25+ years of toxicity?

quote:

So, of course, I can't quite go into too many details surrounding the full toxicity of the relationship between myself and my older sister (Mary). She has been verbally and emotionally abusive since I was about 5 years old. Up until I got too big for her to push around, there were many instances of "light" physical abuse, as well. Both my parents completely understand why I can no longer allow her to have any role in my life and are aware that I've blocked her on all platforms such that contact is impossible. My other sister (Christina), who has experienced the abuse firsthand, was also very understanding of this - up until now.

Christina is getting married. Some would call her a bridezilla, but she's actually just very particular and anxious, generally speaking. Christina asked that I unblock Mary for a short time for her wedding, "in case someone needs to get in touch with me." As if at least 14 other people don't have my phone number, sort of like the Secretary of Energy being a designated survivor. I happily offered to unblock her for the day of the wedding, as well as the day before, solely to appease Christina, knowing how stressed she is. Christina was not having this - it wasn't enough time, though I'm not quite sure what could possibly be needed.

Christina well aware of my relationship with Mary, or lack thereof. She is well aware how big a step it was for me to finally cut her out of my life and what kind of steps I force myself to take to ensure I stay away from her and the toxicity she brings. I've had to alienate myself from my family somewhat because of the way Mary treats me and how it's completely unavoidable otherwise. To think that unblocking her for two days isn't enough seems like a complete lack of respect for others' boundaries. I was recently married too - my wedding day did not trump all other things in everyone's lives around me.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not wanting to open communication with a sister I finally cut off to appease another sister for her wedding?

Still no

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

DemoneeHo posted:

WIBTA for going to HR about a coworker drunkenly outing me to several coworkers and my sister while we were out for drinks?

In a better world, HR would shut that poo poo down and fire her, but they can't and won't

:murder:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DemoneeHo posted:

Anyone who went to middle school should know co-workers aren't friends and aren't to be trusted.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

Sounds like her coworkers either didn't care or more likely thought it was a stupid drunk joke. She should drop it because the coworker is leaving (in case other coworkers hear it or it prompts her to bring it up again) and if it comes up just lie and say she's seen her sloppy drunk before at other bars or something and she says stupid poo poo. Hell, she had suspicions the coworker was bisexual from the way she was looking at her that night.

Or just be incredibly, loudly gay like I am drat the consequences. I show up to work with a large, pink Japanese war banner with the Isis dildo symbol on it to work every day and nobody even comments on it.

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 1, 2019

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Judging by the title i'm going to say no

AITA for not wanting to unblock my sister from my life after 25+ years of toxicity?

Still no
The rear end in a top hat here is Christina because seriously, there are enough people coming to the wedding that if you’re really that worried about an emergency (also WTF, it’s a wedding bridesmaid not a nuclear reactor technician), you could ask her to give her number to someone else who hasn’t been a major abuser and source of trauma.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

cumshitter posted:

She should drop it because the coworker is leaving (in case other coworkers hear it or it prompts her to bring it up again)

I could be wrong, but i think it was a different coworker who was leaving, not this lady.

quote:

Or just be incredibly, loudly gay like I am drat the consequences. I show up to work with a large, pink Japanese war banner with the Isis dildo symbol on it to work every day and nobody even comments on it.

That's a better plan of attack

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Boy, this one has repulsive layers, like a rotten onion. Wanting to take back a gift from your "bad"/estranged child's family to give to your "good" child's family, the "princess" granddaughter, and of course the virginity promise horseshit... so gross, all the way down.

yeah can't imagine what would have inspired the daughter in law to abruptly cut contact out of nowhere like that

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah can't imagine what would have inspired the daughter in law to abruptly cut contact out of nowhere like that
Daughter in law has 6 kids and is sending granddaughter to her first cotillion ball at 13, so I'm not so sure that's a particular point of difference.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Daughter in law has 6 kids and is sending granddaughter to her first cotillion ball at 13, so I'm not so sure that's a particular point of difference.

I think the one going to a cotillion ball is a different son's kid.

Fatkraken posted:

ah crap, missed this bit:

"I mean, sure my kid is fine I guess, but what has that bitch ever done for MY benefit HUH?!?!". Guy was an irredeemable arse from the get go

That bit you quoted really reminds me of my own dad growing up. One time he told me point-blank 'I don't care who's right or who's wrong, I will always side with your mother over you. That is my wife.'

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 1, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

That bit you quoted really reminds me of my own dad growing up. One time he told me point-blank 'I don't care who's right or who's wrong, I will always side with your mother over you. That is my wife.'
Decades later: "Yes, I know you want to be put in a nursing home, dad, but my wife wants to throw you in an oubliette and feed you on dog feces. I have to side with her."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think the one going to a cotillion ball is a different son's kid.
Yeah you're right. Estranged daughter in law is still cool, then.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friends bailed on my party. Should I make a thing out of it?

quote:

tl;dr: i attempted to host a party with my boyfriend. every single person who RSVP'd to come bailed on me within an hour of when the party was supposed to start. We spent around $150 and cooked and cleaned for hours to prepare. Should I bring it up to them and risk causing tension in our friend group?

Sorry, this is going to be long as I tend to be detail minded in my writing.

Yesterday for Memorial Day, my boyfriend (28M) and I (29f) threw a BBQ. Well, we attempted to throw one.

We planned this two weeks ago. His parents have an incredibly nice house complete with a killer barbecue and a beautiful pool/patio area. They are out of town and gave us permission to host there while they are gone. It was our first time hosting something together as a couple so it really meant a lot to me.

We invited five friends (he's relatively new to the area so our friends are basically just my friends) two weeks ago. The friends I invited were what i'd consider 2nd tier friends. They aren't my circle of best friends (all of whom work retail and thus had to work) but I'd consider them all to be close friends that I have before now considered reliable. They all RSVP'd and said they were really excited to see the place.

I was stoked! Sunday, we went grocery shopping. I got hit with some unexpected expenses (medical and car related) so my boyfriend bought everything. Around $150 worth of stuff, including 4lbs of marinated carne asada steak and a lot of alcohol. Sunday night, we cleaned the house and the backyard. We pulled out board games. We decorated a bit. We spent like an hour and a half together crafting the perfect playlist. Basically, we really really tried to make this small gathering special and fun.

The house has a guard who requires a name and make/model of the car being driven by the guest on file before they will let the people through the gate. About 9am, I texted all five people for their cars. Between 1 and 1:45, every single one of those 5 people texted me to bail. The BBQ was supposed to begin at 2.

Friend 1 (and my roommate) said they weren't coming because they had a headache.

Friend 2 wasn't coming because she had volunteered to drive someone to a town two hours away (a number of other people could have driven the person, but in her words she "felt like driving") and wasn't sure she would get back in time.

Friend 3 said she had to work, despite telling me when I actually saw her the day before that she 100% would not be working and had told her clients that.

Friend 4 said he had helped his neighbor move in the morning and the neighbor was buying him lunch so he was going to do that instead.

Friend 5 said they were just tired and didn't feel like leaving the house.

All of these are things that on the surface are valid reasons to miss an event. But knowing all of these people personally, I just think they either didn't want to come and are making up excuses, or found something they'd rather be doing instead. I don't believe they planned it, and I'm sure all of them thought that if they were the only person not going, it'd all be cool.

But the fact remains that none of them came, none of them gave me any kind of heads up. It's humiliating enough that all my friends bailed on me, but I have the extra guilt that my boyfriend footed the bill for a party that he essentially agreed to because he knew it made me happy. I cried a lot. I worked so hard and I was SO excited. My boyfriend has an entire fridge full of party food that will probably go bad before he can eat through it.

My mom is of the opinion that I should call out my friends, and ask for an apology beyond "hey sorry i forgot to text you but i can't make it!" My boyfriend is upset at my friends for the emotional hurt they caused me, but he doesn't think I'll get anything positive out of it. He thinks I should just let it go and remember who my real friends are next time we attempt something like this.

I really do want like an actual apology, and an acknowledgement from them how lovely it feels to have literally nobody show up to your party. They all know now that EVERYONE bailed but there hasn't been any kind of outreach or apology about it. I just worry that all of them are going to be like "why are you mad? my reason is valid" and I REALLY don't like confrontation and the last thing I want to have happen is them talking to each other about me being demanding or not recognizing the poo poo going on in their own lives.

What do I do here? Do i just let it go and try to get over it? I don't want to drop them as friends because despite this, we've had many good times. But I feel like my feelings over this are valid and shouldn't be ignored. I feel completely undervalued by these people. I would never have just bailed on a party they told me was important to them.

Sounds like you might be lower on their friend tier list than second.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

MasBrillante posted:

Friends bailed on my party. Should I make a thing out of it?

Sounds like you might be lower on their friend tier list than second.

Oh cool, my recurring nightmare came true for someone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tier system is incredibly passe. I use a 90 point inspection system for all friends then group them into a logarithmic scale that is then normalized. Using this graph I assign each friend a color and use these colors as an indicator of friendship level. Keeps things civilized.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Fatkraken posted:

THIS is what you took from that story?

not all devices use the same charger

not all 19 year olds drive and/or own cars

Chargers for literally any device are $5-$10.

Get one at home, work, and for your commute.

If you don’t, you are an idiot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Literally A Person posted:

Tier system is incredibly passe. I use a 90 point inspection system for all friends then group them into a logarithmic scale that is then normalized. Using this graph I assign each friend a color and use these colors as an indicator of friendship level. Keeps things civilized.

eh, the "tier" thing is a bit of an odd way of putting it, but there are definitely different levels of closeness when it comes to friends, especially when you're new to an area, it's not meant to be an assessment of their worth as individuals, just how close you are/how well you know them. It's not like you'd tell your darkest secrets to everyone you consider to be a friend or would invite to a BBQ, or expect the same from them. Heck, you get to know people better by doing things with them and inviting them to poo poo, it's not a BAD thing to invite people you don't know that well to parties, it's how friendships develop and grow

Bailing on plans at the last minute for no good reason is a lovely, lovely thing to do. I had a BBQ last weekend, invited a ton of people in a general shoutout, got 8 definites and 12 maybes so I was expecting maybe 10-15 people. In the end a grand total of 6 showed up (one being a plus 1 who wasn't even on the initial list), only three of the definites, and none of the other five even texted beforehand or apologised after. I don't know them all terribly well or consider them bosom buddies (again, not a judgement of them as people, just a realistic perspective of how well we know one another) but it's seriously loving rude all the same, especially for an event you know someone is catering. Some of the no shows had even said they'd bring extra salads and poo poo. In the end all the food I'd prepped did get eaten, but only because the folks who'd brought extra just took it home with them uncooked.

Don't say you're gonna do something then just... not do it. This should be the golden rule.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Flakes are the worst. There's a lot of people who agree to basically anything regardless of whether they plan to do it or not. The whole attitude of just not having any concept of other people's time at all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for charging people money for prayers that I don’t actually carry out.

So, I was 16 at the time, wanting to earn some money on the side so I could save up for a camera.

I came across the infamous Fiverr website, posted a couple of gigs in which I would offer to edit videos/pictures for people but I would extremely rarely get an order. I started spreading the variety of gigs that I offer (poster creation/advert making/website designs/logo making/etc) when I came upon an account which sold “I will pray for you using (some kind of weirdly named technique) to increase health and wealth” so I thought to myself, hmmm, why don’t I do this?

So I set up the gig, titled, “I will pray for your wealth and health using ancient prayer technique”. After only a day I had 2 orders!! Prices started from £10 all the way to £70. I made about £50 that first week. People would message me about what specifically they would want me to pray for them for and I would reply with a sentence or two explaining that I had prayed when in reality I just sat on my bed counting how much closer I was to buying my new camera.

I made about £250 until I gave up as business began to slow down.

In my head, I do think I am an rear end in a top hat to some extent but after talking to some friends I’m not sure, my friends said:

You received money, win, they received the thought that someone had prayed for them, win. Everybody wins. There was a demand and you brought the supply. No one was hurt and everyone came out happy. If anything you did a positive thing as you made others happy.

So, Reddit, I ask you, am I the rear end in a top hat?

back in medieval times there was this thing ultra rich nobles would do. they would set aside a trust fund to 1. build a chapel dedicated to them, and 2. pay some people to live as monks, just praying real hard for their soul over a period of time. they were called chantries, and it was basically analogous to an indulgence (in the catholic papal sense). those assholes understood on some level that by the logic of their religion, their souls were most assuredly damned, and this was their attempt to have some kind of a spiritual plea bargain.

it would be pretty funny if that practice came back in the 21st century

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

chantr, the app for your personal salvation at a market-fair price

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

DemoneeHo posted:

Depends where they are I think. Large organisations that I’ve worked at absolutely consider functions like that an extension of the workplace and any ‘dignity at work’ or ‘respect at work’ policies would apply.

I used to send a memo to entire teams every Xmas reminding them of this fact before they all went out on their dept Xmas do, got smashed and started getting lairy as I’d be dealing with the aftermath later. Sometimes you feel like a real killjoy working in HR :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheMaskedUgly posted:

"It's the man's fault, because men are bad" - business as usual
"It's the man's fault, because men are bad" is a bigoted position worthy of mockery - a shameful derail

Like I guess I can see why you're primed for misogyny and not for misandry given... *gestures broadly* - but this thread generally is very quick to dismiss any male victim and very eager to construct narratives that support female abusers, and to have people getting salty at even the slightest push-back on their bigotry, in a community where bigotry is ostensibly frowned upon and which regularly dog-piles regressive thought... I guess no one likes a hypocrite.
And that is not just Anne Whateley, who at least appears to be exaggerating for irony; this is an attitude I've noticed consistently from many of the regular posters for some time, and I do think it is problematic at best

If it wasn't for the fact that they were posting on Reddit.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr. Lobe posted:

chantr, the app for your personal salvation at a market-fair price

gonna be awesome when the client list leaks and you can tell which rich people have done the worst poo poo based on which tier of chanting they had to buy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

gonna be awesome when the client list leaks and you can tell which rich people have done the worst poo poo based on which tier of chanting they had to buy

I'm going to start the chantr derivative app, gravrobbr.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Flakes are the worst. There's a lot of people who agree to basically anything regardless of whether they plan to do it or not. The whole attitude of just not having any concept of other people's time at all.
:agreed: These people are enormous assholes. If you say no in the first place, that’s fine; I’ll do something else. But don’t say yes initially then bail later because now I’m stuck with nothing to do, or having cooked food that nobody’s going to eat or etc.

The only one of those excuses I’d consider legit is #1* since serious headaches are no joke (assuming it’s real and not just a “let’s invent a way out of this”). For the rest, I would sure as poo poo call those ‘friends’ out. Preferably either in person or over the phone - NOT text message because you want to hear their tone of voice when they respond. If they start justifying themselves or a half-assed “oh I’m sorry” apology or don’t sound like they really care...it’s time to knock them lower on your tier list to “casual acquaintance”.

*#3 having to work doesn’t count as legit for me since the day before before she’d ‘100% not be working and had told all the clients that.” And really, there’s no way you could have done both by working in the morning before the party? If #3 had initially been more equivocal and warned that she might need to work, then that’d be a different situation.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jun 1, 2019

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

HOLY PISS the comments on this

Replier posted:

if your daughter gets into a relationship and is verbally and emotionally abused by her lover? so long as she's not being physically hit it's fine right? sometimes men lose their temper right, so it's only natural that they tell her she's a waste and to never come back right?

rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, men sometimes do get mad. It depends on the extent.

What in the gently caress

How much do you have to hate your daughter to fall flat on your face with the "what if the person being abused was your daughter, huh???" softball

Like legitimately what extent of garbage do you have to be to think something like this about your child, it's actually incomprehensible to me

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just loving the death march drive of having your husband who recently had eye surgery turn around and not go two extra blocks to pick up a charger cable or whatever.

Commit to it. Don't pull the safety card when you're two blocks short. If I'm getting in the car with a guy who legally shouldn't be allowed to drive, his hysterically angry wife, and their daughter who is expected to be an emotional punching bag then I am all in. Don't pussy out on me. I want this poo poo to end like the car falling off the cliff at the end of a Toonces the Cat Who Could Drive A Car sketch from early 90's SNL.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Patrick Spens posted:

WHY IS THIS A THING?
Some people just really really love ketchup.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My (31F) partner (32M) is dating someone else from tinder, i feel left behind.

quote:

5 years in a relationship. We were living together before 4 years and a half but living separately 2 monts ago.My partner always wanting to date another ladies. Since we decided to live separately, he finally get what he wants. To meet a cabin crew ladies from tinder. They just personally met before yesterday, they ate dinner somewhere else then take her back to his room, had a vodka and teasing each other until they kissed each other.like my partner said "it was a good kiss". He even told me that they just talked about ex's and surprisingly he told her that i was his ex.I was feeling so awkward. I feel my whole body was shaking and so upset. He said that i am being childish, selfish, jealous and insecure.Of course i will feel jealous and insecure by how he describes a cabin crew lady. And I AM A LADY WHO HAS FEELINGS FOR HIM. He even told me "How dare you to call me when i was on a date, do you want me to talk to you when i was with her??? next time dont ever call me. Otherwise i will remove your picture from my phone" ( a picture which appears when i am calling his mobile) then i apologise to him. I feel so down right now So yesterday my partner asked me if we can meet today after work JUST TO GET HIS ROOM KEY from me, i am fine with that i am willing to return it to him and i dont mind. Then i asked him if we can go out today, atleast have some time with me but he refused because he already have a plan to invite the cabin crew lady back to his room as he wants to have sex with her. I feel like my body is on fire and my heart is aching hearing these from my partner. I feel so much pain,knowing that he is now prioritizing the date before me. I understood. Its his first time to have another lady to fvck. I know he is very excited about it. He was eager to do it from a long time ago. I got it. I also remember the day he told me,if he will ever date another lady, i am his priority and he will introduce me to any of them. But when i asked him if i will meet this cabin crew? He refused and said "No, you will not meet her because she has different personality, you will not get along. She is very shy like you!" I told him that it doesn't make sense. But he really likes to meet her again and again. He even convinced me that he is not that type of man who will just put his dick and go instead He is looking for personality not just to have sex.but i think its opposite because of excitement. He said thats what man do " to have sex from different ladies" (well. Fvck that.🤭 i am your long term girlfriend not your fvck buddy.) Meanwhile,I found myself in a second place, like he started to ignore my messages, he prefer to invite the cabin crew lady instead of me, we only do video chat instead of meeting. I was the one who message first, waiting for reply,got worried if he will not answer...I really do miss him so bad but I also really feel left behind. I noticed that i dont have tears in my eyes to cry. And thinking to leave everything goes because thats where he is happy, ignore him this week, but i hope he will remember that my birthday this coming Saturday. My partner like the idea of having a cabin crew lady, and when they kissed each other he feels horny. Right now, he going to pick up the lady from her accommodation and go to his room to have sex while he is recording an audio. Its weird. I know its gonna hurt me more when i hear it soon. I know you will wonder why i allow this to happen. I will tell you why,because my partner is fantasizing to have threesome most of the time which never happen to us. (He wants to have an open relationship),i think. Anyway,I still dont know what is his plan to that cabin crew lady. But here i am still strong girlfriend with my blessing for him to flirt. I know i am being kind to let him experience to try another ladies but at the same time i feel that i am breaking my heart. Thank you for your time reading my horrible situation. Seeking for your advice. That would help me ease the pain. Appreciated.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

back in medieval times there was this thing ultra rich nobles would do. they would set aside a trust fund to 1. build a chapel dedicated to them, and 2. pay some people to live as monks, just praying real hard for their soul over a period of time. they were called chantries, and it was basically analogous to an indulgence (in the catholic papal sense). those assholes understood on some level that by the logic of their religion, their souls were most assuredly damned, and this was their attempt to have some kind of a spiritual plea bargain.

it would be pretty funny if that practice came back in the 21st century

What I don’t get about poo poo like this is if you believe in god do you think he’d be dumb enough to let you rules lawyer like this?

Like wouldn’t god be extra mad at you for trying to be a smart rear end by going around his specific rules?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrManiac posted:

What I don’t get about poo poo like this is if you believe in god do you think he’d be dumb enough to let you rules lawyer like this?

Like wouldn’t god be extra mad at you for trying to be a smart rear end by going around his specific rules?

Biblical god is extremely into rules-lawyering bullshit and doing dumb as hell things. Its kind of their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DrManiac posted:

If they were actual, pious people who truly believed in it instead of just cherrypicking what was convenient for them, you might be right.

These were not pious people.