Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

gently caress i wanna read about that story, Ive known that some beastman are born of human parents and this storys' straight out of a greek tradgedy. Makes me wonder if you take care of the child they wouldn't grow to be a cannibalistic creature of chaos.

There's a book that's basically that, that I enjoyed a fair bit :)
https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/knight-errant-ebook.html

Edit: Top of the page. Top of the page! TOP OF THE PAGE!

Better.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hihohe posted:

gently caress i wanna read about that story, Ive known that some beastman are born of human parents and this storys' straight out of a greek tradgedy. Makes me wonder if you take care of the child they wouldn't grow to be a cannibalistic creature of chaos.

40k has recently put out three different examples of beastmen and one seems like an alright dude, you know, for a ruthless bounty hunter.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

40k has recently put out three different examples of beastmen and one seems like an alright dude, you know, for a ruthless bounty hunter.

For real though, Id want a sort of sub army for Chaos cultist that were all beast men. Theyd be like the catachan version of imperial guard. Minotaurs are Ogryn, Ungors are your conscripts, imagine a beastman Leman Russ tank.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Hihohe posted:

For real though, Id want a sort of sub army for Chaos cultist that were all beast men. Theyd be like the catachan version of imperial guard. Minotaurs are Ogryn, Ungors are your conscripts, imagine a beastman Leman Russ tank.

Aren't tzaangors sort of that? Speaking of...the lore behind tzaangors is pretty gruesome. I had originally thought of them as summoned demons (since that is how they are portrayed in 40k) but in AoS apparently they are all beastmen that come into existence in a lot of different ways. Some are acolytes that are transformed as a boon of Tzeentch, some are born fully grown under ominous circumstances like mass mutated births or black moons, and some are born as beastchildren and then raised by kairic cults.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Should have clarified (sorry) I'm not talking about predatory spells. Read that part. I was looking at the cogs - says "the controlling player" and I still don't know what that means if once they're in play they're not really just the casters anymore.

The warscroll refers to the wizard’s controlling player, not the cogs. “Their” is the wizard.

For reference though non-predatory spells are always under the caster’s control. Soulscream Bridge refers to friendly and enemy units for example. The cogs just let themselves be manipulated by anyone.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Should have clarified (sorry) I'm not talking about predatory spells. Read that part. I was looking at the cogs - says "the controlling player" and I still don't know what that means if once they're in play they're not really just the casters anymore.

Ah, I see. For the Cogs it's whoever controls the wizard using them. The sentence structure on the warscroll isn't super easy to parse but when its talking about the "controlling player" it's in reference to the WIZARD. Basically it's just saying that a wizard can't activate the cogs in the enemy Hero phase.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I finished my first angry tree ghost:

I'm not sure if I'll paint a whole army of these dudes after completing Ylthari's Guardians, but this dude was fun.

The Warhammer Underworlds teams are a great way to try out an army, they're all little microcosms of their respective army's visual themes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Endman posted:

I finished my first angry tree ghost:

I'm not sure if I'll paint a whole army of these dudes after completing Ylthari's Guardians, but this dude was fun.

The Warhammer Underworlds teams are a great way to try out an army, they're all little microcosms of their respective army's visual themes.

this dude looks really rad. The colors are really muted but it really works for this dude. it looks like he comes from some dreary forest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warhammer: Chaosbane is available now on Steam for users who pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I said come in! posted:

Warhammer: Chaosbane is available now on Steam for users who pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

Can you post if it's poo poo in here, the PS4 thread and the martyr thread I don't want to miss out if it's good.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hihohe posted:

That's my dream army right there.

I don't play Vermintude but I loved that trailer for the Beasties. They don't get featured in stuff nearly enough. They're menacing as hell when portrayed correctly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endman posted:

Agreed. Painting up Ironskull's Boyz was a great test bed for my Ironjawz.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm in love with this thing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Can you post if it's poo poo in here, the PS4 thread and the martyr thread I don't want to miss out if it's good.

The 40 minutes i've had a chance to play so far this morning are extremely positive. I'm a diehard fan of action RPGs. Two of my favorite games in the genre are Path of Exile, and Diablo III. Chaosbane leans more heavily towards Diablo III. The combat is smooth, responsive, and at least in the early game upgrades and loot come really fast.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

The 40 minutes i've had a chance to play so far this morning are extremely positive. I'm a diehard fan of action RPGs. Two of my favorite games in the genre are Path of Exile, and Diablo III. Chaosbane leans more heavily towards Diablo III. The combat is smooth, responsive, and at least in the early game upgrades and loot come really fast.

I am in phase one of VinceMcMahonReaction.gif

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Hihohe posted:

This is quite literally a goon's 40k army. I don't remember who it was but it was amazingly well done. Ask in the 40k thread.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Cross-postin from the Oath thread:

Mikey Purp posted:

Finished the bastilodon a couple weeks ago and he is probably my most favorite model I've ever painted.

I definitely underestimated how long the ripperdactyls would take, though. Just finished them tonight and didn't have time for nice pictures, sorry. I'm not super happy with them but I have another unit of three that I will be trying some new techniques on.

Isla Nublar Seraphon ftw.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Z the IVth posted:

This is quite literally a goon's 40k army. I don't remember who it was but it was amazingly well done. Ask in the 40k thread.

It's OhDearGodNo's army.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Nothing like getting a model halfway done and going on SA to see someone doing it properly!
I really like that shell though. Going to try NMM on the ark.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Nothing like getting a model halfway done and going on SA to see someone doing it properly!
I really like that shell though. Going to try NMM on the ark.

Super cutie dinosaur either way. :3:

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Corvus Cabal warband for Warcry:

New Gotrek:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not a fan of the dead Skaven. :colbert:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I love Skaven and play them every chance I can on the tabletop or in stuff like Total War.

I have no problem with dead Skaven. After all, no one kills more Skaven then other Skaven.

The Gotrek model is dope as hell, and usually I'm trying to kill-take the no furs' mountains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Flimf posted:

New Gotrek:

Gotrek is not actually a Fyreslayer so he should be usable by any Order faction. (Except maybe Idoneth and Daughters, I don't think Gotrek would willingly associate with them.)

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

MonsterEnvy posted:

Gotrek is not actually a Fyreslayer so he should be usable by any Order faction. (Except maybe Idoneth and Daughters, I don't think Gotrek would willingly associate with them.)

Gotrek's best friend in the whole world now is a Daughter of Khaine, so he's not the same old stick in the mud he used to be.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking out a potential Idoneth army with Sylvaneth allies, and I dimly recall that a particualr AoS book included rules for fielding armies from particular Realms. What book were those in, if they exist?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plavski posted:

Gotrek's best friend in the whole world now is a Daughter of Khaine, so he's not the same old stick in the mud he used to be.

No she is a Assassin that is part of the Order of Azyr.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

I'm thinking out a potential Idoneth army with Sylvaneth allies, and I dimly recall that a particualr AoS book included rules for fielding armies from particular Realms. What book were those in, if they exist?

Malign Sorcery has the army realm rules. You chose a realm and can pull your artifacts from that realm. Its separate from choosing your army faction allegiance.

The Idoneth Deepkin book has a battalion that includes Sylvaneth allies, you should look into that if you haven't already.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Danimo posted:

Malign Sorcery has the army realm rules. You chose a realm and can pull your artifacts from that realm. Its separate from choosing your army faction allegiance.

The Idoneth Deepkin book has a battalion that includes Sylvaneth allies, you should look into that if you haven't already.

thank you, and ooh, i did not recall that from paging through the Idoneth book, interesting

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

MonsterEnvy posted:

No she is a Assassin that is part of the Order of Azyr.

She is both an aelf and a khanite assassin trained by the Daughters of Khaine who still follows that path as she herself says: "I serve a true god, the Bloody-Handed one, Khaine, Prince of Murder." The fact that she hires herself out to Azyr is academic, and does not change the fact that Gotrek is cool with aelves now :honked:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

thank you, and ooh, i did not recall that from paging through the Idoneth book, interesting

Yeah, the nice thing is that the requirements for the Sylvaneth part are covered by a singe Start Collecting box. I've been playing with the idea of using the Battalion and doing the Sylvaneth up like a sunken forest, make the bark look sun bleached, a little bit a coral growth and using the Idoneth aquatic life decorations in place of the woodland life and spites.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, the nice thing is that the requirements for the Sylvaneth part are covered by a singe Start Collecting box. I've been playing with the idea of using the Battalion and doing the Sylvaneth up like a sunken forest, make the bark look sun bleached, a little bit a coral growth and using the Idoneth aquatic life decorations in place of the woodland life and spites.

I've saved up the fish from the Gloomtide Shipwreck for this purpose, although bwith the forbidden power allegiance becoming out they might end up elsewhere...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plavski posted:

She is both an aelf and a khanite assassin trained by the Daughters of Khaine who still follows that path as she herself says: "I serve a true god, the Bloody-Handed one, Khaine, Prince of Murder." The fact that she hires herself out to Azyr is academic, and does not change the fact that Gotrek is cool with aelves now :honked:

No she later revealed that was a cover story. She is more in bed with Azyr then Khaine.

Also it's less that Gotrek is cool with her and more that she is going to follow him around.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 2, 2019

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The important part of the new Gotrek stuff is that he hates all of the new setting and thinks the fyreslayers are morons, which is good and cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Deleter posted:

The important part of the new Gotrek stuff is that he hates all of the new setting and thinks the fyreslayers are morons, which is good and cool.

lol

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I had some old Dryads that were picked up for D&D minis a long time ago that I decided to use to test colors before I jump into painting the stuff from Looncurse. I've got the browns worked out, need to push the contrast up a bit I think and maybe work some wood grain lines into the more flat parts. I am happy with the pink, vibrant without looking neon.

I am not 100% sure on the runes, I tried doing some glowing colors, a blue and an orange, but they just didn't look right. I might give another shot doing them really faded with a very thin glaze, but I am somewhat happy with how they look on this one.

The other part I am unsure on is the skirt-ish thing on the Dryad. Right now it's untouched, and I can't decide on if it should be a contrasting color, the same pink as the leaves, or just some highlighted wood. Dryads are tough since 95% of the model is wood without a ton of extra stuff to paint, the rest of the Sylvaneth line is way better.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

Yeah and it just makes it all the more painful that they arnt fo real. That guy is living the dream.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

if I pull the trigger on my idea the visual theme will be 'mangrove forest'

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Plavski posted:

Please explain this comment thanks. Where is Felix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Clawtopsy posted:

Please explain this comment thanks. Where is Felix.

Gotrek is looking for him. He's dead.