Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Kind of my favorite part is the weight of it. There's a whole bunch of metal bits in it so it is drastically heavier in the hand, and feels great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I like the trigger placement on the Xbox controller better but almost everything else about the PS4 controller better. PS4 controller battery life is rear end though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah Xbox buttons suck dong no offense to the rest of the thing.

Hell I've been preferring the Xbox controller. But the ds4 buttons are good. I wish there were more clicky buttoned controllers other than razers dogshit.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

A Bad Poster posted:

Kind of my favorite part is the weight of it. There's a whole bunch of metal bits in it so it is drastically heavier in the hand, and feels great.

I tried those when they came out, and found the weight really off-putting.

Did it take a while to get used to it?

Controller chat is getting me thinking about buying an Xbox-like controller for the PS4. Before this came up I didn’t know that was a thing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Big fan of the xbone controller. I had an elite for a bit but traded it in. It was way too heavy for me.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fallom posted:

I prefer the Bonetroller too.

The PS4 analog sticks hurt my thumbs. I use my Xbone controller for a lot of PC games as well (AC:O was way better with a controller).

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

I tried those when they came out, and found the weight really off-putting.

Did it take a while to get used to it?

Controller chat is getting me thinking about buying an Xbox-like controller for the PS4. Before this came up I didn’t know that was a thing.

Yeah, it took a fair amount of time but once you get used to it there's no going back. Regular XBone controllers feel like kid's toys to me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've used a wired 360 controller for my PC on games that I use a controller for since uh...2008?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I still like the original gigantic xbox controllers but man the placement of the black and white buttons was awful

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I still like the original gigantic xbox controllers but man the placement of the black and white buttons was awful

Dinner plates, is what I remember calling first gen xbox controllers. I've also heard texbox belt buckle.

I still have my original xbone controller from 2014, still works, but a stick tracks right. The one I bought last year feels cheap as hell. Just a standard fare controller, nothing fancy to it, feels like a kids toy, like someone said, no weight to it.

I used to love PS style controllers but that was back in PS2 days. I probably prefer the 360 controller to the current xbone one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dude McAwesome posted:

I got this Razer Raiju which is closest you’ll get to the Xbox elite controller. It has four extra mappable buttons. Looks like there’s a few options now. Some small complaints and it’s expensive (much cheaper now) but does what I want. Let me know if you want to know anything

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PJ7X5X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C5y8CbZ2BFB4R

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 31, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just unlocked the robotics controller in KSP and I'm stymied. You program it via action groups, but you also get this editor reminiscent of an audio mixer. I just want to make a G-Force traning chair. :sigh:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I got this Razer Raiju which is closest you’ll get to the Xbox elite controller. It has four extra mappable buttons. Looks like there’s a few options now. Some small complaints and it’s expensive (much cheaper now) but does what I want. Let me know if you want to know anything

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PJ7X5X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C5y8CbZ2BFB4R

Thanks for the link and recommendation :)

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, it took a fair amount of time but once you get used to it there's no going back. Regular XBone controllers feel like kid's toys to me.

That’s how I feel about PS4 and Switch controllers. They lack a satisfying heft to them.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Goddamnit the next Path of Exile league looks so goddamn good. They're doing a huge melee rework that goes down to the lowest-level code; they changed how the game's geometry system works in addition to a ton of other insanely low level tweaks like animation canceling to make it feel better for everyone. On top of all that is a huge balance push like they did for spell caster builds last league.

I wish it was next Friday already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cA2GvES2w

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
From Reddit:

Looks like DOOM eternal is gonna be center stage at e3 in a few days

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They paint that poo poo by hand? I thought they just dropped banners. That’s nuts.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i never played horizon zero dawn or read anything about it or any hype or trailers so i know nothing

worth playing? only reason im considering it is bc they're using that engine for death stranding

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i never played horizon zero dawn or read anything about it or any hype or trailers so i know nothing

worth playing? only reason im considering it is bc they're using that engine for death stranding

Yes. There's nothing else to say. Play it. Now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey the same engine was used in the ps4 launch killzone game

i get to share this which was my first ps4 share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZsvpTHRDw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Deathy McDeath posted:

From Reddit:

Looks like DOOM eternal is gonna be center stage at e3 in a few days

Pumped

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Oh my god, yes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ok i grabbed the complete game, so when that downloads ill try it. running outta steam in botw since master mode master sword trials suck

also preorded death stranding. im planning on taking a 2 week weed break beforehand and smoking up when the game unlocks because i want that full kojima

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'd give it a 7/10. The robot combat is really cool but the game completely blows its open world setting with pointless, lifeless settlements, super mixed voice acting and writing, and a lot of lame side missions. None of the rewards are interesting besides a few of the weapons - mostly you just get ammo crafting resources that you're probably full of anyway. A few of the main story missions are just boring corridor crawls where you listen to endless amounts of audio logs and story dumps.

The DLC is by far the best part of the game. The environment is cooler, the writing is better, and the quests are more interesting. I wish the whole game had been like that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its 20 bucks on psn so i figured at that price why not, plus ive got a ps4 pro so figured itll look good on it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just spent a couple weeks playing through it so it's pretty fresh in my memory. It's worth playing but a bunch of parts bummed me out.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Horizon Zero Dawn is very much worth playing, especially on a Pro.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It definitely looks insanely pretty in 4k. The framerate stayed solid the entire time, too.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Fallom posted:

I'd give it a 7/10. The robot combat is really cool but the game completely blows its open world setting with pointless, lifeless settlements, super mixed voice acting and writing, and a lot of lame side missions. None of the rewards are interesting besides a few of the weapons - mostly you just get ammo crafting resources that you're probably full of anyway. A few of the main story missions are just boring corridor crawls where you listen to endless amounts of audio logs and story dumps.

The DLC is by far the best part of the game. The environment is cooler, the writing is better, and the quests are more interesting. I wish the whole game had been like that.

The story is one of the best I've seen in a video game, ever. The combat is fun and frantic, the world building and side activities really made it perfect. It's one of the few games I've ever 100%ed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It definitely has one of the most unique and well-written science fiction stories backing it. I really liked the slice-of-life story you get with the tour guide collectibles, too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive got 4k/hdr so cool. once it downloads 40gb over wifi ill try it out

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Fallom posted:

It definitely has one of the most unique and well-written science fiction stories backing it. I really liked the slice-of-life story you get with the tour guide collectibles, too.

The kind/sarcastic/jerk options are fun too. Always go sarcastic.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Steezo posted:

The kind/sarcastic/jerk options are fun too. Always go sarcastic.

Except on the last boss. Always go mean. gently caress that guy. And gently caress Ted Faro

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also preorded death stranding. im planning on taking a 2 week weed break beforehand and smoking up when the game unlocks because i want that full kojima

I think what you mean to say is you're going to join me in dabbing at least a gram of wax before starting.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB posted:

I think what you mean to say is you're going to join me in dabbing at least a gram of wax before starting.

shiiiiiiit i dont dab but i will for kojima

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Katana Zero is really good. Pretty dark, but good. Steam & Switch.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Slay the Spire. I don't even like deck games or roguelikes, but I like this one.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
I'm enjoying Void Bastards on Steam. It's like a fps comic book version of Fast Than Light.

Pretty fun so far.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I played a lot of Bloodborne yesterday. First time I've really put a lot of time into it and made progress. I'm going to have to say that this is probably the best souls game out of the series (haven't played Sekiro much, if you count that as a souls game). It really takes the best of all of the souls games and puts it in one great package. And the way the setting gradually but at the same time suddenly changes is loving awesome.

E: I am also in the minority about HZD. I did not enjoy the story, but the gameplay was phenomenal enough for me to say the game is worth the $60 I paid for it.

When I try to figure out why I didn't enjoy the story, it's mostly because I didn't enjoy most of the characters. Video games have come a LONG way but maybe it still isn't fair to say an open world game full of NPCs is full of dull people, but that was one of my biggest takeaways. All of the NPCs were different flavors of cardboard, and Aloy (A-loy? Alloy? I don't remember how to spell it) in cut scenes seemed like she was just there to progress the story, not because she was important to it. And for full disclosure I haven't played it since shortly after release so I'm going on ancient memories here.

E2: When witcher 3 came out I bitched that it was too much story. I buy video games to play video games, not watch them. Funny how opinions change.

colachute fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 2, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I tried hard to get into Bloodborne but never really enjoyed it. I really preferred Souls-style combat tbh

that being said it looks really good and jesus the sound was well done

edit: fwiw dark souls 2 is my favorite, so take my idiot opinion for what it is

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i can see the combat pace being different enough that people a fan of souls games get turned off by it. part of the reason i never played it much (i bought it a few years ago) is because it was hard as poo poo because i was playing like it was a souls game.

once i figured out how to beat father gasciogne the game really opened up for me.