Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I don't see any bears in this post.

E: taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bvotgg/life_of_a_star_citizen_future_roleplay_ingame/?st=jwdzizwf&sh=fd7d89f0

An insane person posted:

As much as I love Arc Corp, some of these individuals think that just because they live in Area 18, they think they're all that and can take out a lie just to try and discourage your confidence. Pfft!

Girl, I don't even know why I even decided to talk with you. I wasn't even flirting!

And for the record: Even IF he has an 890 Jump, I bet he ain't got no friends. 😒😒😒

Some of these NPCs man. Downright disrespectful!

Backstory:

So I land in Area 18 and decide to check out Astro Armada. I got some creds from my last run; enough to buy the Anvil Hawk there. I like what I'm seeing and proceed to head closer to it to open my mobi and purchase. All of a sudden, this girl approaches me, asking me if I knew whether or not there were other ships being sold here.

I humbly say, "Sorry, I don't think there are." I then proceed to open my mobi and make my purchase. All of a drat sudden, this girl jumps out of her way and says, "Wait you're buying that? Hawk is for poor people."

Like...excuse me? Did I ask you for your opinion? Home girl continues her -->unwanted<-- opinion by saying how she was more so looking at one of the Origin ships as my first buy if I were smarter. And that she can't understand what people even see in poor people ships.

Mind you, I'm about 2 tempers away from shoving this girl in that Hawk's prison containment, but I want to buy my ship and don't want to get arrested. So I decide to stay calm and just make a last statement: I say that, not to anyone's offense, but not everyone has the same kinds of attractions, especially in ships, and that she was was a being a bit disrespectful to anyone who worked hard and was finally able to afford a ship.

Who in Christ Roberts' name told me to say that.

Home girl jumps out further and says how I was being rude to her. (Excuse w-t-f-me???). She adds that men like me don't know how to talk to a girl, and how her boyfriend has an Origin 600i, and just bought an 890 Jump for both of them.

So now, I'm looking at this girl as she rants her life away, wondering how I even ended up in this situation. That Hawk is the only reason I'm still here. So I proceed to calmly mentally tell her to shut tf up, open up my mobiglas and buy my ship.

I turn around and proceed to leave the store as she continues to rant.

#LifeofARolePlayCitizen

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
what

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I was having an extremely normal day at the ArcCorp star port, where I do all my ship purchasing. Now don't misunderstand me. I don't fly out of there. Ahahaha no. I have people to do that for me. Anyway, I was sitting at the airport bar and lounge, as you do when you are extremely rich, and talking to the other 7 space men in the bar who were all extremely rich as well. Every one of us owned the biggest and best spaceships, can you believe that? So we were all sitting there with the deluxe plastic bags over our heads, huffing the extremely rich fumes of our own delicious farts, when she walked in. A female.

Two of my companions hissed and jumped straight up onto the table, arching their backs like startled cats. I heard one of my compatriots mutter in a cultured and suave tone, "loving Bitches..." before evaporating away into a pool of beta cuck tears. Just like that, the harlot had eliminated half of my drinking companions! I couldn't stand for that! My extremely powerful and rich penis had known the pleasures of womanly flesh on at least two occasions and my current lover, a deluxe plush body pillow of Ai Shinozake, was safe aboard my gigantic Idris Frigate, the Cockhammer, so I was very secure in my masculinity as I confronted this hussy. "Excuse me, bitch," I said, in my deepest tones. "I think you're in the wrong bar, if you know what I mean."

She looked at me like I was some kind of disgusting reptile or a thing she'd found on the bottom of her boot. Me! Super rich spaceguy! "It's literally the only bar, dipshit. I'm here to deliver tickets, you're all quintuple-parked and there are only five spaces available for the whole city to begin wi-"

I slapped my wallet down on the table, hard, and started buying ships right at her. She looked at me, aghast but also aroused. She'd never seen anyone buy so many ships, so fast. My fingers flew over my iGlass, the gentleman's mobiglass. I bought Vanguards and Avengers. I bought Hammerheads and then bought customized Ai Shinozake body pillows for each and every bunk. I stared her in the eye while I did it. I saw a light blush come to her cheeks, and her mouth parted slightly as her eyes widened. Oh yes, she wanted me.

"Sorry babe," I said, gesturing with my thick wad of cash. "This bankroll belongs to another." I kept buying ships. Thoroughly defeated and speechless, she backed away slowly. She wanted it but she knew she couldn't have it. All my other companions at the bar stood up and clapped. They clapped, for me!

Oh, you'd better believe Ai Shinozake and I celebrated our union on that night.

#LifeOfARoleplayCitizen

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
why

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

I take it back, vertisce's posting is good. Even tojal, anyone else please.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

Also we're now in countdown mode to them being late on the Q2 patch, and they still haven't released the Q1 "fix" patch that was promised. Somehow I'm sure that 54% will skip right up to 100 within the next three weeks.

As usual, ships and vehicles making good progress. Gameplay and core tech... not quite so good.

You see, this just shows how when you have the pipelines done things can come along really quick, up the ziggurat, lickety split!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Quavers posted:

Even Call Of Duty now has better graphical fidelity than Star Citizen :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ku28RArRo

I thought star marine destroyed CoD?

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I was having an extremely normal day at the ArcCorp star port, where I do all my ship purchasing. Now don't misunderstand me. I don't fly out of there. Ahahaha no. I have people to do that for me. Anyway, I was sitting at the airport bar and lounge, as you do when you are extremely rich, and talking to the other 7 space men in the bar who were all extremely rich as well. Every one of us owned the biggest and best spaceships, can you believe that? So we were all sitting there with the deluxe plastic bags over our heads, huffing the extremely rich fumes of our own delicious farts, when she walked in. A female.

Two of my companions hissed and jumped straight up onto the table, arching their backs like startled cats. I heard one of my compatriots mutter in a cultured and suave tone, "loving Bitches..." before evaporating away into a pool of beta cuck tears. Just like that, the harlot had eliminated half of my drinking companions! I couldn't stand for that! My extremely powerful and rich penis had known the pleasures of womanly flesh on at least two occasions and my current lover, a deluxe plush body pillow of Ai Shinozake, was safe aboard my gigantic Idris Frigate, the Cockhammer, so I was very secure in my masculinity as I confronted this hussy. "Excuse me, bitch," I said, in my deepest tones. "I think you're in the wrong bar, if you know what I mean."

She looked at me like I was some kind of disgusting reptile or a thing she'd found on the bottom of her boot. Me! Super rich spaceguy! "It's literally the only bar, dipshit. I'm here to deliver tickets, you're all quintuple-parked and there are only five spaces available for the whole city to begin wi-"

I slapped my wallet down on the table, hard, and started buying ships right at her. She looked at me, aghast but also aroused. She'd never seen anyone buy so many ships, so fast. My fingers flew over my iGlass, the gentleman's mobiglass. I bought Vanguards and Avengers. I bought Hammerheads and then bought customized Ai Shinozake body pillows for each and every bunk. I stared her in the eye while I did it. I saw a light blush come to her cheeks, and her mouth parted slightly as her eyes widened. Oh yes, she wanted me.

"Sorry babe," I said, gesturing with my thick wad of cash. "This bankroll belongs to another." I kept buying ships. Thoroughly defeated and speechless, she backed away slowly. She wanted it but she knew she couldn't have it. All my other companions at the bar stood up and clapped. They clapped, for me!

Oh, you'd better believe Ai Shinozake and I celebrated our union on that night.

#LifeOfARoleplayCitizen

So good

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

An insane person posted:

Christ Roberts'

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Hav posted:

Technically it works, but it’s like putting your pants on over your head. Somehow Derek believing in ‘good enough’ is prophetic.

Edit: does anyone have Cmdr rm -Rf *?

Does it work though? It seems like if the two booleans to be compared are equal it returns a false. And the way I would read AreBooleansEqual would be that if that bool is true, then the compared booleans are equal. It also seems slightly unoptimized. Am I misreading this?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Looks like the Calders will be playing the role of Microsoft in the revival of The Freelancer Fiasco, with Chris Roberts returning to the stage to reprise his most memorable character!

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does it work though? It seems like if the two booleans to be compared are equal it returns a false. And the way I would read AreBooleansEqual would be that if that bool is true, then the compared booleans are equal. It also seems slightly unoptimized. Am I misreading this?

:toot:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

not. a. cult.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Her Maj's Forces have automatic weapons, for free, and with all the ammo you need. Maybe try a different argument?

Lol. Excuse me sir, you know this L85, it's a bit poo poo, can I have the keys to the GPMG please.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

HOT NEWS right off the presses:

Due to someone's incompetence yet another ground vehicle has been spotted, as part of the Twenty-seven thousand dollar pack for the game.

HOLY poo poo

A new ground vehicle!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Due to someone's incompetence yet another ground vehicle has been spotted, as part of the Twenty-seven thousand dollar pack for the game.

HOLY poo poo

A new ground vehicle!

A broken jpeg link is a little too on the nose.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

The High Admiral in the Rolling Castle

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

IncredibleIgloo posted:

No, I did. Wouldn’t be the first time, which is why i unit test, and force others to unit test.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

HOLY poo poo

A new ground vehicle!

Whelp. Time to go buy Train Simulator and all the DLC...twice. Because even with that I could not match this stupidity. $27,000 for a video game.

Glad they are getting more ground vehicles. (We can't get space to work) Citizen is going great.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Says the guy who's taken on the icon of a woman's face who is very much not him and who has put "i identify as shim" and some "girlpower.fuckmen.com" thing in his profile. A total expert on real humans.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Drunk Theory posted:

Whelp. Time to go buy Train Simulator and all the DLC...twice. Because even with that I could not match this stupidity. $27,000 for a video game.

Glad they are getting more ground vehicles. (We can't get space to work) Citizen is going great.

142 space ships! 437 cars! 571 bikes! 900 separate bed coverings! 5 to 10 reworks for every single one of the above!

And a paaaaartriiiidge in a peeeear treeee

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Speaking of actual games has anyone tried the space between us yet?

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

reverend crabhands posted:

Aye, if it compiles and links it's good right. :mmmhmm:

I’m the helpfully named variables orig and val.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sarsapariller posted:

#LifeofARolePlayCitizen

A 100% true story that definitely happened.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Hasn't dropped this Forbes article.
Doesn't need psychiatric help.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Dogeh posted:

Hasn't dropped this Forbes article.
Doesn't need psychiatric help.

I suspect he was dropped as a baby. The lights are on upstairs, but no one is home.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

spacetoaster posted:

I thought star marine destroyed CoD?

It did. This is them rising again with a careful eye on Star Marine for lessons learned. Moving forward they know they can't ever reach the heights of Star Marine, but they can at least try. And for sure they won't dare attempt move into a space setting ever again.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sarsapariller posted:

HOLY poo poo

A new ground vehicle!

Looks deliberate as all poo poo.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sarsapariller posted:

142 space ships! 437 cars! 571 bikes! 900 separate bed coverings! 5 to 10 reworks for every single one of the above!

And a paaaaarpiiiidge in a beeeear treeee

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sillybones posted:

Looks deliberate as all poo poo.

Nah their website is a clusterfuck, half the ships in the store have thumbnails/images from one or two reworks past. Nothing has updated stats/descriptions to match the in-game mechanics. Links are dead all over the place, and then you'll see stuff like this, unannounced items that were clearly shoved into the page from some fuckup like a scheduled push.

It's almost like they stopped paying the people who did their website!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

Nah their website is a clusterfuck, half the ships in the store have thumbnails/images from one or two reworks past. Nothing has updated stats/descriptions to match the in-game mechanics. Links are dead all over the place, and then you'll see stuff like this, unannounced items that were clearly shoved into the page from some fuckup like a scheduled push.

It's almost like they stopped paying the people who did their website!

Are you saying that ships that are advertised as punching above their weight don't actually punch above their weight?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/7CfeUUQ.gifv

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
lol at Rexzilla and how hard he is trying to come across as cool. I took a quick look at his machinima; "A Rexzilla Production" appears on the screen, followed by the embarrassing title, "Black Valk Down"...then after a minute we learn that this is "A Zilla Dropship Forces Film"

I mean, good on him for producing something but in a few years everyone involved is going to be embarrassed about it

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

:kimchi:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agony Aunt posted:

Are you saying that ships that are advertised as punching above their weight don't actually punch above their weight?

It's incredible to actually sift through the store. It's just years of them throwing out random numbers, never backing any of it up, and then abandoning the designs the second they are done with their sales. Nothing on the store is accurate, nothing is the least bit representative. It's not even intentionally wrong, it's just- complete incompetence. This is their loving money maker and they treat it like a garbage dump.

Examples:
----

poo poo that's been released for years still has only the concept art, on the store:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/drake-buccaneer/Buccaneer

poo poo that's been through multiple model updates still has the original shots. The 300 looks nothing like this anymore:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/origin-300/300i

The cutlass is completely different, as well, and none of the store info has been updated:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/drake-cutlass/Cutlass-Black

In addition to all the images being outdated (this one got a rework and no store update as well), ships are listed with parts that just don't exist in the game and are never intended to, anymore: fuel intakes? Ship's computers? There's also numbers that are just flat-out wrong, like the missile quantities.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/rsi-constellation/Constellation-Phoenix

Or how about the poor Banu Merchantman which literally has not had a single new piece of art posted to its store page since the first day it was sold. It's been through like 4 concept redesigns since this:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/merchantman/Merchantman

----

Then there's the stuff that's wrong on everything. None of the ships have gotten any updates since the new flight model came out. So they all still list SCM speed and Max speed, even though SCM no longer exists.

At some point even if it's totally just incompetence this starts to feel like false advertising

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 2, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Don't worry though, the clearly bloated and discarded ship store isn't going anywhere.

Citizens won't have it!

More ships! MORE!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

it's just- complete incompetence.

So, CIG can actually complete something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfGfBX2gj2g