Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Budget - $150ish but cheaper the better
Source - iPhone 7
Isolation Requirements - Doesn't matter
Preferred Type of Headphone - True wireless
Preferred Tonal Balance - Neutral
Past Headphones - https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Lifestyle-110BT-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B078J8TVN2 these cheapos for $10bux / MDR-7506 at home

Anyone have experience with Anker Liberty Airs? My only real requirements for my next pair are that they're true wireless, can answer calls, and aren't complete trash. I was going to get AirPods but if I can get something decent for half the price I'm definitely open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

punch drunk posted:

Budget - $150ish but cheaper the better
Source - iPhone 7
Isolation Requirements - Doesn't matter
Preferred Type of Headphone - True wireless
Past Headphones - https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Lifestyle-110BT-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B078J8TVN2 these cheapos for $10bux / MDR-7506 at home

Anyone have experience with Anker Liberty Airs? My only real requirements for my next pair are that they're true wireless, can answer calls, and aren't complete trash. I was going to get AirPods but if I can get something decent for half the price I'm definitely open.

liberty anker airs are alright, but they're really not super handy and the call quality on them isn't that great.

in your case, i'd strongly suggest a slightly used or open box Sony WH900N if a bud style design isn't mandatory: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancell...wireless&sr=1-2

if you're needing more of a bud or pod, well, I hate saying it but they're aren't that many great options. Powerbeats Pro are actually surprisingly good, and better that airpods in the sound quality and battery departments, plus there's native pairing w/ apple products which is a big positive. the older model Powerbeats are essentially the same, just w/ a connecting cable, and they're cheaper, might be worth looking into: https://www.amazon.com/Powerbeats3-...-2-spons&psc=1.

and that's not an exaggeration either, take a look @ the measurements on rtings, they're stupid stupid flat and come close to meeting their variation of the harman compensation curve which is great https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/powerbeats3-wireless

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

spleen merchant posted:

I'm using a 4-1 RCA switch to point multiple sources at my headphone amp.

Maybe you could use a component AV switch (3 RCA plugs per channel)

Split the headset to separate stereo/mic with something like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/111651652...BiABEgLszfD_BwE

And get tricky with some 3.5mm to RCA adapters, using the "video" ports for mic.

(You'd need stereo 3.5 to stereo RCA for the headphones, mono 3.5 to mono RCA for mic)

Join the signals back together at each "source" with additional stereo/mic splitters.
Appreciate all that, I really do!
I've done a bit of thinking and sorting and I was being a bit silly before. Thinking about future proofing and over complicating things. I've simplified things and now all I'm looking to do is connect my headset/(potentially headphones & a mic) to both a single 3.5mm source (no mic) and to a 2.5mm phone (mono & mic).

I feel like I could probably do it with just wires, but open to a cheapish hub/amp/mixer. I'm not really bothered if the sources mix or whether I need to switch between them. Though I don't want the audio source to ever output to the phone!

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Anyone use bluetooth earphones for working out that doesn't require you to press and hold the volume up button for three seconds to advance the track that's playing? Maybe a dedicated next track button or double click to advance type of deal?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Busy Bee posted:

Anyone use bluetooth earphones for working out that doesn't require you to press and hold the volume up button for three seconds to advance the track that's playing? Maybe a dedicated next track button or double click to advance type of deal?

The Plantronics Backbeat Fit have you double tap the large play button to go to the next track. Unfortunately you still have to press and hold the tiny little volume up button to turn the volume down, which is a pain.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

runchild posted:

The Plantronics Backbeat Fit have you double tap the large play button to go to the next track. Unfortunately you still have to press and hold the tiny little volume up button to turn the volume down, which is a pain.

Thank you for the recommendation. I couldn't care less about being able to change the volume when I exercise - more so being able to change the music that is playing. I just looked up the Plantronics Backbeat Fit and it is quite pricey, I wonder if there is a similar cheaper alternative out there.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I've been using older Plantronics BackBeat FITs for the past few years. The original version died really quickly on me twice, and I've been using the slightly newer revision (in "Sport Grey") since last year, but the plastic housing has developed a few cracks so I don't know how much longer they'll last. Wirecutter are recommending the newer 2100/3100 for "running headphones" and they apparently still have the "double-tap to skip track" function, but various people make it sound like they aren't any more durable and might have other issues. You might be better served looking for something else/cheap.

The ones I've had don't seal at all and don't get extremely loud so they've been almost useless when I've tried using them outdoors for running or against any kind of wind. They're fine for things like treadmill running or other fairly stationary exercises indoors, and the audio quality is decent. But, the first pair died in less than six months and were replaced under warranty, the replacements took a little longer to die so I tried using some cheaper wired earbuds again, and then I got the slight revision of the original FIT on sale last year and they're past the 1-year warranty period, so I guess that's an improvement?

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

5-HT posted:

liberty anker airs are alright, but they're really not super handy and the call quality on them isn't that great.

in your case, i'd strongly suggest a slightly used or open box Sony WH900N if a bud style design isn't mandatory: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancell...wireless&sr=1-2

if you're needing more of a bud or pod, well, I hate saying it but they're aren't that many great options. Powerbeats Pro are actually surprisingly good, and better that airpods in the sound quality and battery departments, plus there's native pairing w/ apple products which is a big positive. the older model Powerbeats are essentially the same, just w/ a connecting cable, and they're cheaper, might be worth looking into: https://www.amazon.com/Powerbeats3-...-2-spons&psc=1.

and that's not an exaggeration either, take a look @ the measurements on rtings, they're stupid stupid flat and come close to meeting their variation of the harman compensation curve which is great https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/powerbeats3-wireless

Sorry yeah I thought "true wireless" referred to the airpod-likes that were some type of in ear with no head band or wire between them.

The Powerbeats do look pretty good but the pricetag on the nonwired version ehhhh. Ill keep those wired ones in mind - thanks for the recs.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

punch drunk posted:

Sorry yeah I thought "true wireless" referred to the airpod-likes that were some type of in ear with no head band or wire between them.
It does.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

runchild posted:

I tried the Aftershokz but ended up returning them after a bit. I’m not an audio snob but at best it still sounded like earbuds do when they aren’t in your ears, but are turned up loud enough that you can still hear them. That’s not what was happening - they definitely worked they way they said, which was really cool - but it still sounded like that.

Well, I've just got my pair, and unless I'm missing something these things are a loving scam. Just two lovely speakers that you put next to - but not in! - your earholes, using a strap you can't adjust. I mean, no poo poo holding speakers next to your earholes means you can hear other things too. And if I turn my head too quickly they slip out of position due to the aforementioned non adjustable strap thing.

E: argh, and I'm a big dumb idiot who threw away part of the packaging, so I can't even send them back.

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 16, 2019

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

punch drunk posted:

The Powerbeats do look pretty good but the pricetag on the nonwired version ehhhh. Ill keep those wired ones in mind - thanks for the recs.

misread you earlier, didn't notice the true wireless. jbl endurance peak true wireless actually looks solid for what you're needing, right price point too

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Enduranc...d=AKR88PAWTQVN2

it falls off a cliff @ 12K, but this isn't a huge issue imo as it's incredibly well balanced and meets rtings target curve almost perfectly. awesome alternative to the beats imo.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

Busy Bee posted:

Been searching all over the place online and finally found something that met exactly what I was looking for - https://www.amazon.com/Syllable-Blu...=gateway&sr=8-1

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd-gx

Finally. Gaming headphones that cost as much as the high end video cards.

Not going to buy them because I already have LCD-X's but if I didn't I think I'd find those appealing. Taking a guess it's retuned MX4s without fazors and the LCD-2C pads & headband.

Audeze: Say what you want about the weight but gently caress me if they don't get the sound right.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 19, 2019

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I got the Moondrop top of the line A8s. Been using them for a couple months. They are incredible. Sub bass and bass for days, sweet sweet mids, not pushed in a bad way, very resolving. Treble has OCD detail but not in your face. Extremely open top end which is non fatiguing at any volume level. They do cost $666 but that is an absolute deal for an IEM that rates with any 2k and above.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

MeKeV posted:

Appreciate all that, I really do!
I've done a bit of thinking and sorting and I was being a bit silly before. Thinking about future proofing and over complicating things. I've simplified things and now all I'm looking to do is connect my headset/(potentially headphones & a mic) to both a single 3.5mm source (no mic) and to a 2.5mm phone (mono & mic).

I feel like I could probably do it with just wires, but open to a cheapish hub/amp/mixer. I'm not really bothered if the sources mix or whether I need to switch between them. Though I don't want the audio source to ever output to the phone!

No problem, could probably still try something like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Pro2-2-wa...ASABEgIp3PD_BwE

If you can figure out the adapters necessary. Use the yellow/video for mic on one channel to your phone. Push A/B to switch between and it will simply disconnect the mic when you switch to the other channel.
Potential problems are crossfeed - maybe the audio signal will leak to the mic, and potential impedance effects (would probably work best with line-level signals to a headphone amp).

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Along these lines?

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

MeKeV posted:

Along these lines?

LMAO fantastic. Pretty much but swap the green and yellow leads over at the switch (output and input are only "logical" labels).

Not sure how a headphone level signal would handle the switch (shouldn't be much resistance?) or if there'd be crosstalk on the mic line hopefully it would work ok.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I broke my vow to not buy any more IEMs for a while after getting the Moondrop KPE, and bought the KZ ZS10 Pro a couple weeks ago after the hype machine got revved up over them. Luckily, they're quite good.

More "u" shaped than "v" shaped tuning, vocals sound natural, the highs find the right mix for this price range in terms of offering good details but not being shrill/overwhelming, tight and controlled bass that extends quite deep, comfortable fit, solid build.

Really, really good for about $45.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

trem_two posted:

I broke my vow to not buy any more IEMs for a while after getting the Moondrop KPE, and bought the KZ ZS10 Pro a couple weeks ago after the hype machine got revved up over them. Luckily, they're quite good.

More "u" shaped than "v" shaped tuning, vocals sound natural, the highs find the right mix for this price range in terms of offering good details but not being shrill/overwhelming, tight and controlled bass that extends quite deep, comfortable fit, solid build.

I almost bought these, but wound up getting the Fiio FA1 (red/blue), and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. My ears are hard to fit, but the Fiios fit like they were made just for me, and they sound fantastic.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

trem_two posted:

KPE is legit amazing. I run mine balanced with an es100 and they rock my ear holes. I hate KZ but a bunch of friends have them and actually love the ZS10pro

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

XBenedict posted:

I almost bought these, but wound up getting the Fiio FA1 (red/blue), and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. My ears are hard to fit, but the Fiios fit like they were made just for me, and they sound fantastic.

Cool, I've actually considered picking those up, in big part due to simple curiosity about trying a single BA IEM.

redeyes posted:

KPE is legit amazing. I run mine balanced with an es100 and they rock my ear holes. I hate KZ but a bunch of friends have them and actually love the ZS10pro

Yeah, the KPE rules. It outclasses all the other (admittedly cheaper) stuff in my collection by a wide margin. Only annoying thing about it for me is that tips want to slide all the way down the nozzle, rather than catching on the little raised lip they put on there. So I was constantly fussing with trying to keep the tips lined up. I came across a suggestion on head-fi to cut the ring base off of some old tips to act as a spacer, and that has worked well.

E: I'm also mad jealous of you having the A8

trem_two fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 23, 2019

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

trem_two posted:

Cool, I've actually considered picking those up, in big part due to simple curiosity about trying a single BA IEM.

Yeah, the KPE rules. It outclasses all the other (admittedly cheaper) stuff in my collection by a wide margin. Only annoying thing about it for me is that tips want to slide all the way down the nozzle, rather than catching on the little raised lip they put on there. So I was constantly fussing with trying to keep the tips lined up. I came across a suggestion on head-fi to cut the ring base off of some old tips to act as a spacer, and that has worked well.

E: I'm also mad jealous of you having the A8

I kinda want the KxxS now. Supposed to be the KPE v2 basically. Slightly better in all ways. Yeah the tips are not cool on it, I use triple flange deep insertion ones and they work fantastic but it was hard finding something that actually sealed and didnt slip.

Far as the A8 goes. Holy poo poo man. Thats all I can really say. I've created a little A8 hype in my audionerd circles. A few bros have ordered a pair. I just can't say enough about the price/performance ratio.

I still can't get enough of dynamic driver sound. I am probably not selling either the KPE or the Sony Ex800ST ever.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 23, 2019

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-He...sr=8-3-fkmrnull

Are these decent for someone who wants wireless IEM’s without paying the premium for Airpods? Not expecting anything amazing, just something to wear on bike rides/working out.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Rock My Socks! posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-He...sr=8-3-fkmrnull

Are these decent for someone who wants wireless IEM’s without paying the premium for Airpods? Not expecting anything amazing, just something to wear on bike rides/working out.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-cm...BwE&bypass=true

I bike/yard work almost exclusively with these. Going on 2 years from back when the groupon deal was $50.

They’re not “separately wireless” but it’s nice because you can quickly pop out one ear to hear your surroundings on a bike and not lose them. The back loop is basically jelly.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm looking to get some wireless earbuds, mostly for running and climbing, but also just general listening. I'm not much of an audiophile, my bigger concern is fit. I have weird ear canals and a lot of stuff doesn't fit right, like any apple earbuds for example. They'll literally fall right out.

I'd like to not go over $150, and if I'm spending that much I'd like them to last for a couple years at least. I keep seeing good reviews for the Jabra Elite Active 65t, but I really have no frame of reference for which models and brands are good or not.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I'm looking to get some wireless earbuds, mostly for running and climbing, but also just general listening. I'm not much of an audiophile, my bigger concern is fit. I have weird ear canals and a lot of stuff doesn't fit right, like any apple earbuds for example. They'll literally fall right out.

I'd like to not go over $150, and if I'm spending that much I'd like them to last for a couple years at least. I keep seeing good reviews for the Jabra Elite Active 65t, but I really have no frame of reference for which models and brands are good or not.

I've similarly been hesitant on ear buds for the same falling-out reason, but I got the Jabra Elite Active 65t and I've been liking them a lot. I'm no audiophile, but the sound quality is pretty good imo.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
I can vouch for those too, except that I got foam-tips for mine for the extra comfort. YMMV.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Just ordered the Fiio FH7 because I want a hybrid that is good.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Well I was about to come in here and ask if the Tin Audio T3 are worth it over the T2 but then I saw amazon had a lightning deal and just said gently caress it.

If anyone reads this in the next 3 minutes, they're like $12 off. and cheaper than the current massdrop buy.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Looking for a another recommendation today since I just got a bit of birthday spending cash:

Budget - $50, but fairly flexible to go up in price.
Source - Switch, 3DS for games. Work laptop, iPhone 6S for music.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs
Past Headphones - Status Audio CB-1 for my main computer.
Bonus Points - Something that might be comfortable for lying in bed? Something with an L-shaped cord. Something with different colored L/Rs. Replaceable cord. No mic needed.

I think that about covers it. I've eyeballed some of things mentioned recently like the Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro, but I'm not sure if something like that is good for what I'm using them for.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Looking for a another recommendation today since I just got a bit of birthday spending cash:

Budget - $50, but fairly flexible to go up in price.
Source - Switch, 3DS for games. Work laptop, iPhone 6S for music.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs
Past Headphones - Status Audio CB-1 for my main computer.
Bonus Points - Something that might be comfortable for lying in bed? Something with an L-shaped cord. Something with different colored L/Rs. Replaceable cord. No mic needed.

I think that about covers it. I've eyeballed some of things mentioned recently like the Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro, but I'm not sure if something like that is good for what I'm using them for.

Well my Tin Audio T3's should come tomorrow so I'll let you know if they're comfy in bed.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Trip report: The Tin Audio T3's are real good.

I can give more detailed impressions later if anyone is interested.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Is there much difference between 1st and 2nd gen airpods? I have a bunch in Newegg giftcards so I gotta buy it through them, and this is the least suspicious looking offering but it's only the first gen; the second gen looks like it's only offered by a seller with a ~70% rating so I'm not super keen on going for that.

Alternatively is there an airpod-like that's recommended? Being able to take calls on it as well as listen to stuff is a must for me. I saw Powerbeats recommended upthread but Newegg only seems to carry refurbished ones, and considering what I've heard about battery longevity for these things I really wanna buy new.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Koramei posted:

Is there much difference between 1st and 2nd gen airpods? I have a bunch in Newegg giftcards so I gotta buy it through them, and this is the least suspicious looking offering but it's only the first gen; the second gen looks like it's only offered by a seller with a ~70% rating so I'm not super keen on going for that.

Alternatively is there an airpod-like that's recommended? Being able to take calls on it as well as listen to stuff is a must for me. I saw Powerbeats recommended upthread but Newegg only seems to carry refurbished ones, and considering what I've heard about battery longevity for these things I really wanna buy new.

Giftcards or not, why would you spend $30 more than amazon or costco for the previous-gen from a probably-unwarrantied seller?

I like my 1st gen AirPods a lot, but I’d need a significant discount not to get a current model with faster device switching.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The gift cards'll cover almost the entire cost and there isn't much else from Newegg for me to buy. I hadn't considered that it probably won't have a warranty though, that's a good point...

e: okay I actually went and looked up a list of differences (not sure why I didn't before, sorry) and there is a lot there. Maybe I can find something else to buy from Newegg

Koramei fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 31, 2019

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
Budget - $200, +/-
Source - Usually Iphone 6s, sometimes laptop. I've gotten used to running it through the adapter dongle on the iPhone, but bluetooth might be nice.
Isolation Requirements - I take a few long international flights a year, so noise cancelling is very much preferred.
Preferred Type of Headphone - over-ear.
Preferred Tonal Balance - even balanced - bass can be nice, but I really appreciate a clear mid and high range.
Past Headphones - Sennheister HD280pro from ~2006, Audio Technica ath-anc7b, Sennheiser Momentum earbuds. I need to replace the audio technica headphones because the plastic on top broke, and the noise-cancelling stopped working.
Preferred Music - Hip-Hop, Podcasts, Classical/Orchestral.

One more restriction: Currently living in the UAE. Some things from Amazon will ship to me easily, some won't. I have access to a lot of electronics stores that carry the major brands, but some of the more niche things might not be available.

Thanks!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Budget - Under 1k
Source - Bluetooth dongle receiving signal from TV
Isolation Requirements - Closed
Past Headphones - Monoprice M560, Beyerdynamic DT-770

I use DT-770 + Magni/Modi combo at work for music and it's heavenly. My TV does not have a headphone jack, so I've been using a pair of M560s at home with a bluetooth dongle. I like it all right, but the M560 are not nearly as comfortable for long-term wearing as the DT-770s.

I'm looking for a new pair to be used solely as my TV set - movies and games. My wife works in the same room so isolation is a must. Comfortable for hours is the key, and I do wear glasses when I play games so comfortable with glasses on is even better.

I'd like to treat myself and buy sort of a "final" pair, so budget is not a prime consideration. I suppose I'd consider just getting another pair of DT-770 for home use, but I wanted to see what else is recommended here. Due to the wireless requirement, I need a pair that does not require an amp.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

dantheman650 posted:

Budget - Under 1k
Source - Bluetooth dongle receiving signal from TV
Isolation Requirements - Closed
Past Headphones - Monoprice M560, Beyerdynamic DT-770

I use DT-770 + Magni/Modi combo at work for music and it's heavenly. My TV does not have a headphone jack, so I've been using a pair of M560s at home with a bluetooth dongle. I like it all right, but the M560 are not nearly as comfortable for long-term wearing as the DT-770s.

I'm looking for a new pair to be used solely as my TV set - movies and games. My wife works in the same room so isolation is a must. Comfortable for hours is the key, and I do wear glasses when I play games so comfortable with glasses on is even better.

I'd like to treat myself and buy sort of a "final" pair, so budget is not a prime consideration. I suppose I'd consider just getting another pair of DT-770 for home use, but I wanted to see what else is recommended here. Due to the wireless requirement, I need a pair that does not require an amp.

While some might recommend fancier headphones, I use my Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0 and the sound is good while comfort is awesome for extended periods of time, the battery will last you a very long time between recharges.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Thinking about getting some wireless headphones, mainly for listening to podcasts while I walk the dog or do chores around the house. My wife has the Bose soundlinks and I borrow them a lot but when I'm wearing a hat + glasses they get uncomfortable.

Airpods seem like an obvious answer but I don't like the lack of neck strap and physical buttons. In the winter I wear gloves and a long coat so reaching into my pocket to change volume is a pain. The other ones I was looking at are beatsx which seem pretty perfect except I don't actually want all that much noise isolation. Although I guess I could just leave one out when I'm out walking.

Any recommendations? Budget is whatever, I guess ideally no more expensive than Airpods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

prom candy posted:

Thinking about getting some wireless headphones, mainly for listening to podcasts while I walk the dog or do chores around the house. My wife has the Bose soundlinks and I borrow them a lot but when I'm wearing a hat + glasses they get uncomfortable.

Airpods seem like an obvious answer but I don't like the lack of neck strap and physical buttons. In the winter I wear gloves and a long coat so reaching into my pocket to change volume is a pain. The other ones I was looking at are beatsx which seem pretty perfect except I don't actually want all that much noise isolation. Although I guess I could just leave one out when I'm out walking.

Any recommendations? Budget is whatever, I guess ideally no more expensive than Airpods.

powerbeats pro are the new benchmark and are by far the best unit out there. for what you're describing there literally isn't anything better atm, market needs to catch up still.

the Advanced Evo-X or the jbl endurance sprint if you feel you truly need a wire back there (re: you don't). advanced evo-x is the best for semi-wired, but the endurance run is a good alternative if not that. evo-x actually destroys many mid-tier iems in so far as frequency response and tonality which is why Iove them so much, but they're getting harder and harder to find.

5-HT fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 4, 2019