Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
YO does anyone else get the feeling from tyrions "power of stories" speech that they literally forgot that this isn't westworld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

RobattoJesus posted:

Given how dark this season was just drop the visuals altogether and make a radio play.

Do radio play even exist anymore?

lol but posted:

YO does anyone else get the feeling from tyrions "power of stories" speech that they literally forgot that this isn't westworld?

It was some attempt at meta with "boy, this show sure was a ride, uh?". Or just the writers sucking themselves off.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I was chuckling the entire episode and my wife was watching something else on her laptop ya it sucked

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

YaketySass posted:

Only as wholesome entertainment for the kind of homeschool kids whose parents consider Mr Rogers far too secular and thus unsuitable.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

YaketySass posted:

there are podcasts

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4SGxihVB8
I would pay to listen to these two commentate season 8

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Ralph Bakshi should adapt ASoIaF into and animated movie series

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

rip in pepperoni best tv show

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Some broke brained right winger is trying to say some liberal bozo is a pervert because he watches GoT (true), but he's doing it to defend Trump, who would never consort with adult entertainment types.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1135530668774100994?s=19

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Under the sea, no one can hear you scream, I know I know oh oh oh...

quote:

1. When Arya is stalking Varys and Illyrio:

1a. She hears water dripping in the distance.
1b. Next she observes Illyrio and Varys coming up from a vast 'well'(this is the word GRRM uses) that goes down out of sight.
1c. Varys pulls a lever and a wall descends blocking the well from sight.
1d. After the two come up, Arya trails them for quite a long distance, gradually descending.
1e. Finally she loses them, stumbles forward and finds herself at the end of a sewer emptying into the river. She dives in and swims for a while to get clean, washes her clothes, then scampers off home.

2. Varys and Illyrio are both noted for their abnormally large size, while also noted as being incredibly light on their feet. This suggests an abnormal strength.

3. Varys is noted to have a peculiar, slimy smile. This could be interpreted to mean he does not show his teeth, and that could be because he has very abnormal teeth.

4. When Tyrion threatened to throw Varys overboard, Varys retorted that he would be surprised at the result.

5. There is noted to be no bed in Vary's quarters. If he is a Merling he would likely sleep at sea or like most fish perhaps not at all.

6. Another character we know with peculiar teeth is Biter, another abnormally large man with enormous strength. The idea that this barely sentient being sat around and filed all his teeth just to scare people is absurd.

7. Varys and Illyrio both associate humans with birds, naturally as these are two lower species to them. Explains the ease with which they chop off children's tongues.

8. From their one meeting, it appears that the Merlings are experts at manipulating the humans in secret. And also there is a hint these two have plenty of patience, they seem to be comfortable waiting years for their plans to bear fruit. Perhaps they have very long lifespans or are just more patient than humans.

9. When the subject of eating people came up, Varys licked his lips.

10. Varys likely is not a Eunuch, as there is a point where he is parlaying with Tyrion where Tyrion notes that his voice seemed deeper than usual. Even if he is a Eunuch, it doesn't mean he has to be human.

11. Since he probably isn't a Eunuch, Vary's lack of sexual interest in human females is explained by being a Merling.

12. Littlefinger comes from a seafaring merchant family of Braavos and is an accomplished sailor himself, if anyone is likely to ever see the reclusive Merlings, it's the merchants and fisherman.

13. One of Littlefinger's ships is named 'The Merling King'.

14. Littlefinger claims to have Varys completely under his control.

15. House Manderly. Hugely fat, port city, can't ride a horse, they even have a Merling as their house crest. Wyman Manderly bakes Freys into pies.

16. With no readily apparent motivation, Ser Mandon Moore tried to murder Tyrion on the Blackwater. When thrown overboard, it is noted he did not scream.

17. Mandon Moore is referred to repeatedly as having dead eyes or fish eyes, and of having "no life but duty".

18. Before being attacked, Tyrion had just set Blackwater Bay on fire using wildfire which would be deadly to any creatures living underneath.

19. The Drowned God. Very handy to have a large group of humans willing to do anything for you, and it provides a ready source of spies in places of power, such as Patchface, who often tells riddles about life under the sea.

20. There is something more to Patchface, as he foretold the Red Wedding.

21. Doesn't it seem suspicious that Euron Greyjoy was so well prepared for the Kingsmoot? Almost as though he knew that this ancient ritual for selecting a ruler would resurrected -- almost as if it was done specifically for him. Perhaps Euron has been playing his brother Aeron for a fool by filling his head with "voices from the sea".

22. Davos Seaworth's visit from the "The Mother" may have actually been a siren or a mermaid. After his rescue, Davos was primed and determined to kill Melisandre. Like Aeron and Patchface, it seems Davos's drowning may have filled his head with ideas.

23. Melisandre is afraid of Patchface.

24. Brienne is told about 'squishers' by one of her companions. They are described as man eating fish people that walk on two feet.

25. If you were to give a baby the name Varys in our world today, it would mean the following: Varys - Vari - Stream; Varish - Sleeping on the Sea

26. "The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."

27. What do Varys and Illyrio want with Dragons? This is more speculative, but consider that:
27a. When you bring Ice and Fire together, you get water.
27b. Is it as simple as this? Bring the dragons north and melt the Ice, including perhaps the entire Wall. What you have done then is raise the coastlines around the entire world. Magical global melting...
What do the merlings get out of it? Liebensraum. More ocean real estate.
27c. If the flooding were extreme enough, only a few islands would remain, places like the Eyrie.
27d. Littlefinger, "The Merling King", has made his seat the Eyrie.
27e. If this theory is correct, Littlefinger would have been made King by Merlings, giving a new take on the meaning to the ship's name.

(some leaps in logic there and idk what some of those points have to do with others but it is a repost and not mine)

Uhhh... I've been laughing along at "Varys is a merman" for almost 20 years now but this is the first time I've seen it all spelled out and I've got to say, #1-24 have me sold. :krakken:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Vary should have jumped in the sea and swam off never to be seen again at the end.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Some broke brained right winger is trying to say some liberal bozo is a pervert because he watches GoT (true), but he's doing it to defend Trump, who would never consort with adult entertainment types.
god drat. we would easily have cracked 3hrs if the lovely seasons had kept up with the good ones. :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't believe the dong count is that low.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I can't believe the dong count is that low.

Spartacus reigns supreme

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Why didn't HBO simply cut those two slack jawed writers loose and just keep going for more seasons?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Probably some contract poo poo

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

*Houndishly* "gently caress the show runners. gently caress the contract"

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Kazak posted:

Why didn't HBO simply cut those two slack jawed writers loose and just keep going for more seasons?

Given that the one dude's dad was a Goldman Sachs CEO or whatever, there is probably a massive boys-club network of rich and powerful assholes doing each other favors like "let my kid make Game of Thrones", and HBO isn't going to dare gently caress with that.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kazak posted:

I think they directly own the rights from grrm and probably had good lawyers

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

lol but posted:

There is a pretty good scene from way back in season 3 I think we're Varys and Littlefinger talk about how the only thing that holds westeros together is the myth of Aegon.

The execution was incredibly clumsy but thematically it does fit in.

I need a new mouse pad and was thinking about making a dick collage from game of thrones for the image

Mr. Merdle fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 3, 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chernobyl beat GoT in the dicks department in a single episode

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

bradzilla posted:

Chernobyl beat GoT in the dicks department in a single episode

Proud uncut miner cock as far as the eye could see

Nothing beats the cock from Rome with a ribbon on it and the Roman patrician lady wondering out loud that if a cock that big was gauche.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Glenn Quebec posted:

Nothing beats the cock from Rome with a ribbon on it and the Roman patrician lady wondering out loud that if a cock that big was gauche.

Nah, she was just concerned about the slave's nails being unkempt and his skin looking dry. Size was not an issue :nws: https://i.imgur.com/H3vCLY8.png :nws:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I take it all back: Game of Thrones is good.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Who is this french guy? Like the one talked about in the tweet

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1135530668774100994?s=19

This is the kind of nerd that wore a suit to high school

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
through gritted teeth: BOSOMS

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Who is this french guy? Like the one talked about in the tweet

hon hon hon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

J'ai essayé d'éviter exactement ce type de réponse

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ilmucche posted:

J'ai essayé d'éviter exactement ce type de réponse

yeah thats why you suck rear end at posting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

through gritted teeth: BOSOMS

Imagine a show which has so much bags of sand

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHejskDdvk&t=10s

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My dude would literally die if he saw the cocks in American Gods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
S1E4. Alliser Thorne is a jackass but he is a cool dude who is trying to turn boys into soldiers. I like him back now when he was complex.

Also, Cleganebowl round one at the tourney was great. Orc-Mountain was decent. Better than skinny mountain.

Jory and Edd Ned are morons this episode. Varys looks at Edd Ned giving his personal guard to the city watch like "the gently caress is this guy doing?!"

Was it ever established if someone set up the joust between clegane and Hugh so he couldn't talk further because the mountain would kill him?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 4, 2019

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

drat I can't stop thinking that at the end of it all it was just a bunch of games for thrones

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Actually I lied. Cleganebowl round one was the next episode. I always merged the tourney scenes together in my head but I forgot they were split between episodes.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

S1E4. Alliser Thorne is a jackass but he is a cool dude who is trying to turn boys into soldiers. I like him back now when he was complex.

Also, Cleganebowl round one at the tourney was great. Orc-Mountain was decent. Better than skinny mountain.

Jory and Edd are morons this episode. Varys looks at Edd giving his personal guard to the city watch like "the gently caress is this guy doing?!"

Was it ever established if someone set up the joust between clegane and Hugh so he couldn't talk further because the mountain would kill him?

dolorous edd? had a personal guard? what

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Senor Dog posted:

dolorous edd? had a personal guard? what

*Ned. I had Edd on the mind but he doesn't show up until season 2.

gently caress, that scene with Robert and Cersei was so loving good.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 4, 2019

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
dolorous ned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Moridin920 posted:

Ivar the Boneless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV74KkHINqE

Watch Vikings and The Last Kingdom instead of thinking about the lovely tits and dragons show