Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What if no one can beat James and he’s stuck on Jeopardy forever?

Destiny speaks of a chosen one who will rise from obscurity to defeat James and free him from his thousand-year prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My coworker's sister is on today, perhaps she is the chosen one

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Poque posted:

My coworker's sister is on today, perhaps she is the chosen one

Nope. And he won in a runaway even though he only got one DD. I guess it's most important to keep the LAST one away from him.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
She was really cool. I loved her interview segment.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/people/status/1133700055721025536?s=21

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spokes posted:

Through 28 games, Ken missed 10 FJs, James has missed a grand total of one (and it was "were you cognizant of celebrities in 1982").

James is definitely beatable with enough skill and luck but it's unlikely he misses "H&R block" or whatever, someone will probably need to go into FJ leading to beat him

he has got easier clues wrong before (he thought permanent press dealt with stains) but yeah he'd need some really bad beats on daily doubles to have a shot at losing probably.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

"Some of the Tea in China" had a clue with Taiwan as an answer. I feel like they should know better.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
They actually skipped James' story segment. :allears:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought that dates category was a good place to hide a trap for James but he got a gimme and bet soft anyway.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1134549133438701568?s=19

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Have they announced when the new season starts taping yet?

You're going to want to watch Monday's Jeopardy

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

Have they announced when the new season starts taping yet?

You're going to want to watch Monday's Jeopardy

Apparently the NY Post had a video of James losing today up and then they took it down

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my MIL is going to be heartbroken, she's in love with him

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Apparently the NY Post had a video of James losing today up and then they took it down

:suspense::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I sure hope so, I want to watch Jeopardy again

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If that NY Post article is true I guarantee you there will be conspiracy theories about him being told to take a fall.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm actually hoping that The Onion's article is true.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

If it's true then I wonder how quickly they fly Brad and Ken out for the obligatory showdown.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Either 3rd place does pretty well for themselves tonight, or James' wager makes no goddamn sense.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

everyone knows what those spoiler tags are hiding.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Either 3rd place does pretty well for themselves tonight, or James' wager makes no goddamn sense.

he would've lost even if he bet it all

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 3, 2019

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Wow a bunch of spoiler tags what could they possibly mean

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pretty cool that Alex is finally going to host the show in the nude, but I'm not sure if it needs spoiler tags.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

The New York Times just blew it up with a push notification lmao

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://twitter.com/CPColin/status/1135557608423608320

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

zakharov posted:

Yup.

I'm now a LOT more excited for my audition this Wednesday :dance:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cockblocktopus posted:

If it's true then I wonder how quickly they fly Brad and Ken out for the obligatory showdown.

As much I love Tournaments of Champions, they should cut out the middle man and let these three at each other. Maybe throw Watson into the mix Super Jeopardy style. Or hold it in a steel cage.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My wife had surgery last week. If she had missed you know what she would have been hacked.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Watson is impossible to beat due to the buzzer timing which kind of wrecked the whole experiment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Watson is impossible to beat due to the buzzer timing which kind of wrecked the whole experiment.

IIRC Watson was not allowed to start thinking until the lights came on for the contestants, it wasn't rigged in that regard. It was a little bit rigged because they deliberately skipped categories it would have been bad at (wordplay, sound and images, etc).

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

haveblue posted:

IIRC Watson was not allowed to start thinking until the lights came on for the contestants, it wasn't rigged in that regard. It was a little bit rigged because they deliberately skipped categories it would have been bad at (wordplay, sound and images, etc).

The only things they skipped were audio and video since Watson can't see or hear. Wordplay was kosher.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Cockblocktopus posted:

Now that there are finally three clear-cut greatest Jeopardy players, there's no way they don't find some way to put them up against each other while Alex is still hosting.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

zakharov posted:

He either smashes a record or gets canned. Or we get to see Alex nude. Any of those is newsworthy.

:colbert:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1135573758238834688?s=19

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
James: Begin running 'smile.exe".
Smile.exe has encountered a fatal error, begin 'Teeth.exception = 'Show now'

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zakharov posted:

lol this is fair

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

zakharov posted:

Look I'm not thrilled about Arthur Chu being the new host either but maybe some people want to see the announcement tonight without reading it here first.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not to mention that Watson has gotten a lot better tech wise in the intervening years since it was on the show.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was cheating that watson wasn't a machine on set that had to listen to clues.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1135649371817750529?s=19

Link contains confirmation of what does or doesn't happen tonight.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

RIP my sweet awkward smiling Prince