Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Boy, you guys hate Frazz more than I expected!

The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't really hate Frazz, I just find it boring and unremarkable,, so I skip over it. It's not hate-read cringe like 9CL or hate every character hate-read like Luann.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Endless Mike posted:

I don't really hate Frazz, I just find it boring and unremarkable,, so I skip over it. It's not hate-read cringe like 9CL or hate every character hate-read like Luann.

I skip anything by brook or the safehavens guy. Why does the frazz guy have to draw the characters doing jazz hands all the time? It's annoying enough for me to skip it most of the time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why is there a squad of angels chasing the bus? What is the work that's starting?

What did she expect? Did she want the woman to just hang up on whoever she's talking to?

Johnny Walker posted:

Popeye's Cartoon Club

That's pretty good!
I don't get it. :confused:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tiggum posted:

Why is there a squad of angels chasing the bus? What is the work that's starting?
They're guardian angels because the dumb kids will be getring themselves in trouble.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tiggum posted:

Wimpy finished the burger in time... to leave Popeye with the check! :stat: :wal:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

The children are demons who have been loosed on the world.

Tiggum posted:

What did she expect? Did she want the woman to just hang up on whoever she's talking to?
Lynn apparently thought it rude to cough or say excuse me to get the shop girl's attention, expecting all retail employees to remain at attention, ready to help a customer the very minute they desire it.

Tiggum posted:

Some restaurants offer meals for free if you eat them within a time limit, usually because it's like a 2 pound hamburger or something big like that. Wimpy led Popeye to believe that was the case here, when really his plan was to finish before Popeye did and leave him with the check. Had Popeye finished "in time," or before Wimpy, Wimpy would have been stuck paying.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Beetle Bailey

Fred Basset

Judge Parker

Reply All

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Walker posted:

The children are demons who have been loosed on the world.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
The Family Circus doesn't know that the Disabled List is now called the Injured List

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Nov. 9, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Nov. 9, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Nov. 9, 1987)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Edge of Darkness

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Johnny Walker posted:

Lynn apparently thought it rude to cough or say excuse me to get the shop girl's attention, expecting all retail employees to remain at attention, ready to help a customer the very minute they desire it.

I bet Retail probably has a strip about that kind of customer.

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Oh my god, the artifacting on that logo. :laffo: They didn't even try that hard to find a good-quality image of it.

Can't have anyone sassing the stupid child. Only she is allowed to be a rude little gently caress towards others.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

The text in the last panel (which I can't edit in as easily) is roughly saying "no what" and "why would she think that".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I can't stop laughing at the word "Silverdaters" and you people are the only ones who could possibly understand me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's not his job, Cooper. :argh:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Tiggum posted:

It's not his job, Cooper. :argh:

Not only that, its Coopers job being the stock manager. Good job trying to push off your own fuckup Cooper.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Nov. 9, 1997)

the pig

I know this is an Elizabeth strip but WARNING: Elly is about to get pregnant with April.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Monty

Garfield

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Zip

Rip

Dick, Feb. 8-9, 1932

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

We're done with baseball!

Everett True On His Vacation

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

StrixNebulosa posted:

Everett's killed a lot of men.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

Everett's killed a lot of men.

Of all the men he's "clearly killed" this one stands out as a man he has CLEARLY killed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Huxley posted:

Of all the men he's "clearly killed" this one stands out as a man he has CLEARLY killed.

True, that oar is really embedded in the guide's skull. I'm surprised that there aren't some happy fish in the picture enjoying ET wasting the guy.

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 3, 2019

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Least he doesn't need to clean up the mess. Not that this stopped Everett True before.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Everett's channeling the spirit of Miyamoto Musashi in this strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tracy casually firing his police firearm while barely paying attention is a big mood for the strip.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

True, that oar is really embedded in the guide's skull. I'm surprised that there aren't some happy fish in the picture enjoying ET wasting the guy.

They would have if he'd been here in July

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Normally the elementary school janitor taking one of the students off into the woods alone is cause for concern.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

duz posted:

Normally the elementary school janitor taking one of the students off into the woods alone is cause for concern.

Considering it's definitely a strip that wishes it was Calvin and Hobbes, I assume the janitor is actually just an imaginary friend or something.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Zerilan posted:

Considering it's definitely a strip that wishes it was Calvin and Hobbes, I assume the janitor is actually just an imaginary friend or something.

No the janitor is Calvin so that would mean all the kids are imaginary and janitor man is just daydreaming he’s a wise billionaire working for fun while giving sage advice to the kids who all like and respect him.

God that’s depressing...

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 3, 2019

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Frazz is by far no the most offensive thing posted in this thread, but given the pairing of Calvin and Hobbes-esque artwork with insipidly mundane writing, I find each strip to be crushingly banal.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Holy poo poo

"Buni's dog can do awesome stuff" is a running gag in the strip.

Regarding Frazz... one thing I remember from the early years of the strip was that Mrs. Olsen was originally a burned-out, don't-give-a-gently caress-anymore teacher of the sort you rarely see depicted on the comics page. However, over the years, Mallett has softened her portrayal considerably, which I always thought was a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Since we're discussing about comics that don't get the hate we feel they deserve, I can't stand Daddy Daze. For one, it's usually sappy, but it also annoys me that the father appears to actually understand the "Ba Ba" of the baby, every single time. Someone mentioned that it's somewhat like when you have kids, you talk to them and they don't understand you and all but you still have conversations and that's cute, but that's not what happens here. The baby is almost like Snoopy: started out as a basically a regular dog and was funny, turned into a full-fledged sentient character that was not funny.
I expected the island to be in the Pacific.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Things JJ has done that warrant this conversation:

Mary Worth

"He's a prince from Nigeria!"

But seriously: Please be a woman. :pray:

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G Fourth of July, 1973