Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

NUMBER GOES UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Brb, taking out kushner-sized loans with balloon payments due in 2051

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1135600718616809473

current mood

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

dorkaaa

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/pwinn5/status/1133613417443446784

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gringostar posted:

wow

president tulsi :eyepoop:

she's more bloodthirsty than Trump

all these supposed leftist stanning for her apparently didn't exist 2014 to 2016, where her national profile was from going on Fox News to demand Obama to yell "RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1135616053248188416?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
2050 seems way optimistic

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

But Momma Bell, the kids are being mean to me!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

smarxist posted:

trump is to much of a pussy to nuke us all and speed up the process

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

It's defense grift op

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

smarxist posted:

it's only 30 years away.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The real answer is no one loving knows

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

When the poop hits your pants
At the queen's royal manse
That's atrumpin

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

we’ve got a problem, the constitution says that Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be apolitical appointees but in practice there’s absolutely nothing stopping them from being ultra-conservative partisan hacks and taking a jigsaw to the fundamental rights of the people, what do we do?
oh, I know, what if we only told *some* of them to be apolitical?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

smarxist posted:

as we've seen in Puerto Rico, if a place gets hit by a bad disaster and there's no powerful interest in rebuilding it, then it's no longer part of "human civilization"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the new mac pro starts at $6000 and the new monitor is $5000 with $1200 of more or less necessary accessories

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1135601124575252480

I'll be 59, just six years short of standard age of retirement

imagine making it to 2049 only to get killed off by pneumonia or something just before you had a chance to see the apocalypse

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Augus posted:

we’ve got a problem, the constitution says that Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be apolitical appointees but in practice there’s nothing stopping them from being ultra-conservative partisan hacks and taking a jigsaw to the fundamental rights of the people, what do we do?

Second constitutional convention now
No chuds invited

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

the new mac pro starts at $6000 and the new monitor is $5000 with $1200 of more or less necessary accessories

just a straight up grift at this point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

U-DO Burger posted:

imagine making it to 2049 only to get killed off by pneumonia or something just before you had a chance to see the apocalypse

in the scenario they're outlining, the apocalypse is continually happening throughout 2035-2050

2050 is just when civilization can't fight back any longer and has its final collapse

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nope

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

And none of it will matter because McConnell will never let them pass the Senate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That's one of the great things about living in Houston; since there's so much oil money and infrastructure, we're gonna keep getting rebuilt after each hurricane as more and more other American cities are left to rot.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

:popeye:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

triple sulk posted:

people that buy macs deserve to get ripped off

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just shuffling papers at an empty desk to look busy lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

think very carefully about this statement

we live in the bad ending where the evil empire won the cold war and is killing the planet

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/twilightkeys/status/1135221693977387009

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

U-DO Burger posted:

x-men 2099 lied to me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

we live in the bad ending where the evil empire won the cold war and is killing the planet

ehh let's not go crazy about Soviet Union. Remember when they destroyed a sea?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ASenileAnimal posted:

about to move the "people and drugs" switch on my desk to the off position when i remembered i dont like donald trump. i laugh and move the switch to "2x"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Robert Z'dar looking healthy

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

triple sulk posted:

Does it suck your dick too?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I think most people in this thread are young enough to make it to 2050, but by then we'll all be old to make it as wasteland scavengers, so yeah just fuckin live it up until you die of cholera in a refugee camp or get killed by a militia

best option is to do your part making things worse ASAP

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

The amount of time wasted theory crafting alternate histories and scenarios would have probably been enough to save humanity tbh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Augus posted:

we’ve got a problem, the constitution says that Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be apolitical appointees but in practice there’s absolutely nothing stopping them from being ultra-conservative partisan hacks and taking a jigsaw to the fundamental rights of the people, what do we do?

a few years back i took a criminal justice ethics elective to get the last few credits i needed to get my MPA, and it was incredible when SCOTUS came up and literally every single one of the criminal justice grad students were like "man, SCOTUS is so political now, unlike before, but if we made it an elected position that would fix it". three months later trump got elected lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TMMadman posted:

And none of it will matter because McConnell will never let them pass the Senate.

ahh but you see we need to focus on this stuff since impeachment won't happen in the senate

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Shageletic posted:

she's more bloodthirsty than Trump

all these supposed leftist stanning for her apparently didn't exist 2014 to 2016, where her national profile was from going on Fox News to demand Obama to yell "RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM"

everyone i know that likes tulsi gets their entire worldview from idiots on youtube like jimmy dore and love to debate you about the melting point of steel beams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

ehh let's not go crazy about Soviet Union. Remember when they destroyed a sea?

Sorry I only remember radioactive sailor