Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unhappy Meal posted:

Please stop buying 2000 bomb ash a day. I think you may have a problem.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. I'm hella into the idea of a Blitzball Manager game. Those Football Manager games are always fuckin hella popular on Steam. Just copy those but rename it to Blitzball.
Wasn't FFX-2's take on Blitzball pretty much this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

Wasn't FFX-2's take on Blitzball pretty much this?
Yes. I think it would work, or even an actual Blitzball minigame. Being able to travel the world and recruit NPCs into your team FFX-style would be fun, and a great way to have players interact with some of the town flavor NPCs or one-time quest steps or givers.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My number one hope for Ishgard recon is to get some dragons chilling out scattered around like the knights chilling at Zenith from Moogle beast tribe stuff.

Speaking of HW beast tribes they should add Vath Deftarm to the trust system.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Unhappy Meal posted:

Please stop buying 2000 bomb ash a day. I think you may have a problem.
Food: 20,000g
Teleports: 15,000g
Potions: 40,000g
Assorted Candles: 2,200,000g
Gear repair: 10,000g

Someone who is good at this game please help me budget this. My raid is dying.

Algid fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 4, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Speaking of HW beast tribes they should add Vath Deftarm to the trust system.
Having one rep from each of the beast tribes would be fantastic. Maybe you earn them when you reach max rank: Linu Vanu for the Zundu, Kabuto for the Kojin.

Also Ga Bu, just for fun.

edit: Ga Bu won't speak or act in the dungeon unless a party member is KO'd, at which point he goes berserk and deals high damage to whichever enemy or boss KO'd the character.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Have they seriously still not given us the emote "/WOL" aka "punch palm, nod stoically"?!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Having one rep from each of the beast tribes would be fantastic. Maybe you earn them when you reach max rank: Linu Vanu for the Zundu, Kabuto for the Kojin.

Also Ga Bu, just for fun.

edit: Ga Bu won't speak or act in the dungeon unless a party member is KO'd, at which point he goes berserk and deals high damage to whichever enemy or boss KO'd the character.

Linu Vanu as DNC rep.

She does nothing but Sundrop Dance the entire time, which gives the entire party a permanent max dance buff.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It requires you to level crafting a little bit, but desynthesis is really good for making money. Armorcrafting desynth is particularly good, because it lets you turn GC seals into artisan frypans which desynth into fieldcraft and mastercraft demimateria, and poetics into shields which desynth into battlecraft demimateria (plus clear demimateria, crystals, and other materials). All of those sell very well.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Have they seriously still not given us the emote "/WOL" aka "punch palm, nod stoically"?!

I've been asking this for ages. It's the only choice you should make throughout the MSQ.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

mrfishstick posted:

It’s the same folks who get mad at healers for dps’ing while they are tanking/dps’ing because that is not “respecting their role”. I’ve only ran into it like once or twice but man are there some people who get really angry over weird stuff sometimes.

Nah. The people who get mad at plds using clemency are actually good at the game. Your example are all bad players.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

For other noobs who are broke: you can save a lot of money jumping worlds on the market board. Use this site to check the prices on neighbor worlds. I was gonna buy some gear and I saved like 500k. Presumably you could also make money moving things from a cheaper server to yours if no one else is paying attention to it.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Hi I'm bad with money - also this mount is pretty good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holyshoot posted:

Nah. The people who get mad at plds using clemency are actually good at the game. Your example are all bad players.

Oh hey here we see an idiot who thinks that someone using a part of their kit makes them bad.

Clemency is an emergency button because sometimes things go wrong and also solo content is a thing.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

It requires you to level crafting a little bit, but desynthesis is really good for making money. Armorcrafting desynth is particularly good, because it lets you turn GC seals into artisan frypans which desynth into fieldcraft and mastercraft demimateria, and poetics into shields which desynth into battlecraft demimateria (plus clear demimateria, crystals, and other materials). All of those sell very well.

Is this worth it with how many seals Artisan gear costs?

I'm hoping the first tier of crafting/gathering gear uses FC3s again in the expac because I have hundreds of them saved up ~just in case~.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I still can’t decide if I’d want it to be playable blitz ball where a party plays themselves or basically Blitzball Manager where you recruit various NPCs, train em, make tactics and basically just a simplistic Blitzball version of Football manager except your star Striker is Tataru.

Isn't one of the main reasons they haven't included Blitz Ball in FF14 yet is because they haven't found a way to make it fun because it was never good in the first place :greenangel:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Dr Pepper posted:

Oh hey here we see an idiot who thinks that someone using a part of their kit makes them bad.

Clemency is an emergency button because sometimes things go wrong and also solo content is a thing.

those things are both true but if you use it when you get to 50% in a dungeon ur probably Not Playing To Your Optimal Ability

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i herd we were elfposting earlier

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bolow posted:

Isn't one of the main reasons they haven't included Blitz Ball in FF14 yet is because they haven't found a way to make it fun because it was never good in the first place :greenangel:
The thing to make it fun would have it actually be a multiplayer minigame. Basic swimming movement plus PVP-style commands. Wasn't Blitzball four on four already?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Primarily steel production, which just makes it more baffling since you can buy steel off the amaljaa at a pretty low rep. But then if people don't know you can buy bomb ash, they won't know about steel either.

Tbh as a crafter often I'll eat a markup on stuff just as me making a 400k sale the money saved Vs time invested in darting around aint worth it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Fister Roboto posted:

It also sucks rear end to level. It was tedious but not awful until I finished the HW stuff I could solo. Then the only option is like tank queue for level 60 dungeons and grind them and hope you win greed rolls. :negative:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I, too, would like to elfpost

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Eimi posted:

It also sucks rear end to level. It was tedious but not awful until I finished the HW stuff I could solo. Then the only option is like tank queue for level 60 dungeons and grind them and hope you win greed rolls. :negative:

Which are you trying to level/what level are they? I have LTW WVR and GSM desynth at 300+ and did a lot of it off turning in crafting/gathering scrips for gear, both during HW and now.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Unfortunately not an elfpost.

Delivery for the enemies of Eorzea. Beatdowns delivered to your door. (Wish I could dye the hat)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not elfposting. Discord knows why.

Silver fox Hot-gar is getting there. We'll see how he looks in motion as a Ninja or Dancer.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Yes, people can play poorly but nobody likes an overly optimal opo-opo when it's not a raid.

And maybe PVP.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Bolow posted:

How could you say something so controversial, yet so brave?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Elf!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Just finished the HW Paladn quest. Now I just have to actually do HW to get to Stormblood

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I stopped playing this game just after Stormblood released. I just resubbed and have no interest in taking my AST up to 70 to finish Stormblood content. By not doing this, am I going to screw myself out of being able to play DNC when Shadowbringers releases? I figured while I wait for Shadowbringers I'd just level my crafting / gathering classes. I also have a newborn, so my time is very limited / sporadic and I don't feel like I could do dungeons right now to level anything anyway.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BisbyWorl posted:

Linu Vanu as DNC rep.

She does nothing but Sundrop Dance the entire time, which gives the entire party a permanent max dance buff.

Lina Vanu should definitely be a Dancer trainer, holy poo poo :swoon:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chaitai posted:

I stopped playing this game just after Stormblood released. I just resubbed and have no interest in taking my AST up to 70 to finish Stormblood content. By not doing this, am I going to screw myself out of being able to play DNC when Shadowbringers releases? I figured while I wait for Shadowbringers I'd just level my crafting / gathering classes. I also have a newborn, so my time is very limited / sporadic and I don't feel like I could do dungeons right now to level anything anyway.

I think as long as you had a job/class at the starting level for the new one you're able to start it.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

IcePhoenix posted:

I think as long as you had a job/class at the starting level for the new one you're able to start it.

Actually I assume if you have something above 50 you should be good to go. I came back in SB after not playing since ARR with just a level 50 MNK and was able to get to SAM right away.

Bremma fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 4, 2019

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

GUN and DNC start at 60 so it stands to reason that's the minimum level you need from another job to unlock it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bremma posted:

Actually I assume if you have something above 50 you should be good to go. I came back in SB after not playing since ARR with just a level 50 MNK and was able to get to SAM right away.

Sam started at level 50, which is why you were able to start it when you had a monk at 50

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

If only that was what they were getting mad at. But alas no, they are mad at the bad plds who spam clemency anytime there health drops below 75%. Nice try though :)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I haven't taken enough elfies may halone have mercy on me lately but I want to elfpost anyways. So let's dig up a couple of old things I don't think I ever posted.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

My AST is 62, so I think I'll be good to go. Thanks for the clarification!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Combine competitive blitzball team management with Crusader Kings II and I'd play it.

your forward cucks his father, your goalie, by shagging up with his stepmom, the goalie's wife, who is also playing defense. syphilis spreads between all three. then the mongols arrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

World War Mammories posted:

your forward cucks his father, your goalie, by shagging up with his stepmom, the goalie's wife, who is also playing defense. syphilis spreads between all three. then the mongols arrive

at least we did better than last game