Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Can't wait to recruit Star Player onto my team. No joke, that's what a certain Abes power forward is called in X-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Damnit, I'm stuck at work and can't elf post.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is blitzball confirmed

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Blast of Confetti posted:

is blitzball confirmed

No, Yoshida's mentioned it as something he's aware people want a few times in the past, but that's about all.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

He's said that Blitzball was something the team was planning, but at that point didn't have any concrete ideas on what the gameplay should be like within XIV.

It's been a while since they've mentioned it, and it was never an official confirmation. So the idea may have been dropped, or they might surprise us with it after it turns out people had been working on it in their spare time.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

pretty sure the main plot of shadowbringers is going to revolve around blitzball

see, "shadow" is just going to be the ffxiv term for "sin", and

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Blitzball seems potentially appropriate for the world we'll be visiting as something they invented. There's underwater sections again so hopefully there's more to do.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

aers posted:

Which are you trying to level/what level are they? I have LTW WVR and GSM desynth at 300+ and did a lot of it off turning in crafting/gathering scrips for gear, both during HW and now.

Those are what I'm leveling, all having hit the I cannot solo anymore cap of about 160. What's the cheapest red scrip item to use? Since its Tuesday and customs just reset I'll have a ton of that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

pretty sure the main plot of shadowbringers is going to revolve around blitzball

Gonna go buy the Yuna outfit for my Dancer.

Sin would be a cool raid boss though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kaubocks posted:

Can't wait until one of our favourite NPCs sees what looks like a blitzball on the beach and runs to kick it, only to find it's a landmine, sending them to an early grave.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Can't wait until one of our favourite NPCs sees what looks like a blitzball on the beach and runs to kick it, only to find it's a landmine, sending them to an early grave.

A fitting end to Alphinaud.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If that's what it takes to get his obsidian or moonstone carbuncle, I'll take it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'd love to see some more egi glamours besides "Turn off the Egi form..also I guess ruby carbuncle exists, no you can't mix and match, also it's a console command."

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Kurieg posted:

I'd love to see some more egi glamours besides "Turn off the Egi form..also I guess ruby carbuncle exists, no you can't mix and match, also it's a console command."

I'd play summoner more if they just let you use the primal form rather than terrible egi graphics. Final Fantasy XI style. Hell even let me do it after beating them. There's a mod for it but I'd way rather have a pokemon collection of primals that do different things.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I was so happy last night when I got my 4th spring for the omicron chest piece.

:negative:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Not elfposting. Discord knows why.

Silver fox Hot-gar is getting there. We'll see how he looks in motion as a Ninja or Dancer.

I am super into that face. I wasn't sold on Hrothgar until I saw it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Playing this on PS4(as I've said a few times, I guess) -- anyone have any tips and/or settings they use when playing with a controller? I'll be bouncing back and forth between those based on my laziness at the moment and I was wondering if there are any optimizations I should look into to make PS4 controller play easier/more intuitive.

Also, is there any way to switch the UI back and forth between the two without going into the options every time?

Thanks, y'all

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Did we ever find out why they were doing that coy "the woman Thancred called minfilia" stuff? Or was it a quirk of the translation.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Playing this on PS4(as I've said a few times, I guess) -- anyone have any tips and/or settings they use when playing with a controller? I'll be bouncing back and forth between those based on my laziness at the moment and I was wondering if there are any optimizations I should look into to make PS4 controller play easier/more intuitive.

Also, is there any way to switch the UI back and forth between the two without going into the options every time?

Thanks, y'all

Click on the ? under my avatar and see some of the recent responses to posts where I asked for tips myself, esp. the guide that was linked

Edit: this one

Nate405 posted:

This Google doc was really helpful for me when I was trying to set up controller stuff. It goes over all of the different settings that are available and section 13 has suggested crossbar setups for each job.

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 4, 2019

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

omg chael crash posted:

Thanks, y'all

Offensive abilities on right trigger. Abilities that don't have cast times should be on face buttons as much as possible so you can move while also pushing them without extra gymnastics.
If you're right-hand dominant, combo buttons flow clockwise, otherwise vice versa (this one is a bit less grounded though)

Party support abilities on left trigger, preferably also on dpad, that way you can just hit the trigger+button again after selecting somebody on the party list.

E: Some of this is job dependent though. Red Mage you can do some cool stuff with trigger swapping/jolt clone buttons, Black Mage is going to be an utter mess come 5.0 though :negative:

Change this assignment to whatever the hell you want. "Assist Target" is good, or you can unassign it and use it as a PTT key for discord.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 4, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Did we ever find out why they were doing that coy "the woman Thancred called minfilia" stuff? Or was it a quirk of the translation.

It's probably a fairly significant plot point. Recall that the last time we spoke to her, she jetted off to the First. There's a bunch of weird poo poo happening , at any rate, so I doubt we'll get a full picture until we can actually play it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Minnie is also younger and more stabby.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Huge improvement.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kurieg posted:

there's a couple instances of weirdness meant to be a kind of hook. minfilia's young, thancred looks younger again, urianger isn't wearing his treasured volcel robe, and yshtola has either taken on matoya's name or is somehow possessed by her or something

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holyshoot posted:

If only that was what they were getting mad at. But alas no, they are mad at the bad plds who spam clemency anytime there health drops below 75%. Nice try though :)

Protip you worthless moron that's not what those type of players and you are getting mad at.

Oh it's what you say, but that translates to "ever casting clemency, ever, for any reason."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

yea she's cooler

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

yea she's cooler

unrelated to anything else: do you have the full image that your avatar of a ted rall urinal is from? was looking for it a while back and had no luck

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Dr Pepper posted:

Protip you worthless moron that's not what those type of players and you are getting mad at.

Oh it's what you say, but that translates to "ever casting clemency, ever, for any reason."

i'm sorry it sounds like someone yelled at you for using clemency in a dungeon but that still doesnt make it a good idea most of the time

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

somepartsareme posted:

i'm sorry it sounds like someone yelled at you for using clemency in a dungeon but that still doesnt make it a good idea most of the time

The only people who've yelled at me for using clemency are healers who got themselves killed.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

broke: using clemency
woke: using vercure

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Nearly every PLD I see who is casting Clemency is one who has Excog on them. Which isn't nearly as annoying as back in 4.0/4.1 where Excog just wouldn't pop if you did that, but still.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 4, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

unrelated to anything else: do you have the full image that your avatar of a ted rall urinal is from? was looking for it a while back and had no luck

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Eimi posted:

Those are what I'm leveling, all having hit the I cannot solo anymore cap of about 160. What's the cheapest red scrip item to use? Since its Tuesday and customs just reset I'll have a ton of that.

So, GSM is super easy since 25 red scrips -> 1 blue scrip token -> 1 landmaster ring. They are ilvl 200 I think, so as long as you use the careful desynth consumables you can get a decent number of levels off them. I think one of the other accessories might be LTW, don't remember exactly, but those cost 2 tokens each.

WVR is a pain since you need armor and those are more (4-6 i think?).

The FC3 rate on Landmaster's Rings is about 45-50%, which is useful if they sell on your server.

I'm pretty sure the crafting rings are equivalent but I'd need to check.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
i'm so glad this thread exists so I have something to read during main scenario roulette

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

I leveled Red Mage to 60 and am thinking over weather to start doing the Stormblood Main Quest as one or as a Warrior or start leveling Samurai to get a feel for that class.

Oh choice paralysis.

I think I've settled on leveling Samurai. The rotation at 50 feels pretty good.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OhFunny posted:

I think I've settled on leveling Samurai. The rotation at 50 feels pretty good.

That base rotation never changes, but you get a collection of oGCDs based off of a new resource gauge. They play really smooth at 70.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

i'm so glad this thread exists so I have something to read during main scenario roulette

How very glib

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dr Pepper posted:

glad to have you clarify what that other guy is really mad at, and not the thing he's telling you he's mad at

also gently caress clemency it's a trap button that should get culled, go find a better hill to die on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's fracture all over again