Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

strangehamster posted:

I have been told that socks are the most requested items, does Ali sell socks?
My dad buys bulk socks at ErosWholesale.com (disregard the very sketchy domain name) for the homeless outreach at our church. It's probably easier and higher quality than anything from Ali.

Has anyone had any luck buying bed linens from Ali? I'm leery about the sizes, more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Lol, how dare you people suggest to ask homeless people in my area what they would want.

I got a Goku tshirt today and it fits pretty good. lovely as gently caress image transfer, its a badly artifacted jpeg which made me lol. 7 bucks well spent though, I only wanted it as a workout shirt anyway. Good times :)

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

And you comparing what I'm doing to some poo poo that happened at a retail store you worked at means absolutely nothing to me.

I never said that. Holy lol, you are a dork with the reactions of a bull in a porcelain shop.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

To be be fair, I think that was towards me.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Hirayuki posted:

My dad buys bulk socks at ErosWholesale.com (disregard the very sketchy domain name) for the homeless outreach at our church. It's probably easier and higher quality than anything from Ali.

Has anyone had any luck buying bed linens from Ali? I'm leery about the sizes, more than anything else.

Bangladesh is where all the cheap clothing/linen comes from, unless you want some specific design there should be some place cheaper locally.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

strangehamster posted:

I wouldn't trust ali for someone who really needs socks to wear every day. Anything cheap is probably real thin and weird disposable "fast fashion" crap.

On the other hand, ali does have socks that look like bacon. Soooooo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
All ali socks I've bought, if they showed up, were thin. They've lasted about 6 months or so now.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Places like H&M and similar clothes stores often have good deals on packs of ~5 socks that are of decent quality. Cheaper than Ali and better quality, unless you want some specific weird print that you can only find on AE, I don't see a reason to buy socks from there rather than a local store.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strangehamster posted:

Some people just know what's best for their local homeless community and for you to make any helpful suggestion is extremely offensive to my sense of righteousness.

If you want cheap thick tube socks hit the local swap meet

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

Some people just know what's best for their local homeless community and for you to make any helpful suggestion is extremely offensive to my sense of righteousness.

If you want cheap thick tube socks hit the local swap meet

I'll be buying quality socks that will help people, not bargain bin swap meet socks. Do you have more advice?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'll be buying quality socks that will help people, not bargain bin swap meet socks. Do you have more advice?

The advice is stop assuming and ask real follow up questions to people that are trying to loving help you

The flea market near me has two people selling drat nice socks that any homeless person would be extremely happy about, just without branding or fancy packaging

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Bloop posted:

The advice is stop assuming and ask real follow up questions to people that are trying to loving help you

I think this guy might be trolling

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

The flea market near me has two people selling drat nice socks that any homeless person would be extremely happy about, just without branding or fancy packaging

Why would I give bottom dollar socks to someone? That guy isn't trying to help. That guy can't help, because like you he has no clue.

Just because you have no idea how to help someone and need to run to someone for advice, doesn't mean I do.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Hey, Jihad- put a sock in it!

(TV audience goes "oooooooooOOOOOOOOH...")

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hey, Jihad- put a sock in it!

(TV audience goes "oooooooooOOOOOOOOH...")

My bad, giving cheap socks to people was a good idea?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

quick someone post a plastic vagina that looks like a fish or something

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

He’s the angriest charity worker you’ve ever heard

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

mike12345 posted:

quick someone post a plastic vagina that looks like a fish or something

How's this?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

How's this?

On behalf of my vagina, I whimpered.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Moon Atari posted:

How's this?

The fact that it uses a baby elephant in the picture makes me more uncomfortable than the product.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My hot wheels were made in Malaysia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM1KzEK9PyU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

StabMasterArson posted:

lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

StabMasterArson posted:

He’s the angriest charity worker you’ve ever heard:blastu:
Budget cuts? :thermidor:
Bailing out Wallstreet again?:tfrxmas:

Call me famous movie people!
:gritin:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/coolstuffcheap/status/1136233718505508864

:eyepop:

e: https://mobile.twitter.com/coolstuffcheap/status/805839088049934340

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 5, 2019

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

StabMasterArson posted:

"I'm here to donate toothpase and kick rear end... and I'm all out of toothpaste."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Don't hate, donate!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

How's this?

whuh

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Trabant posted:

"I'm here to donate toothpase and kick rear end... and I'm all out of toothpaste."
Are you saying he bought the sunglasses off ali express? I guess that explains why everyone try's to say ali glasses aren't safe. Its all part of the cover up!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also stop trying to dunk on the person who is doing something unless you link evidence you're doing something better and more effective on a $/$ basis (this is the Aliexpress thread after all)

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
We're not trying to dunk on him as much as his disproportionally hostile response.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Pick posted:

also stop trying to dunk on the person who is doing something unless you link evidence you're doing something better and more effective on a $/$ basis (this is the Aliexpress thread after all)

i donated a million dollars to charity so i get to be smugger than anyone else

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Next week I am absolutely going to the flea market and getting a big bunch of socks and bringing them down to the shelter that I apparently know nothing about even though I interned at for a year while getting my psych degree and have been there dozens of times as a case manager

I may get toiletries instead because I'm going to call the shelter and see what they need right now

So thanks, rude asshat for spurring me to do more than my usual amount of charity this month, those people will never know that but they will still benefit

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I already gave to charity 'cause I hosed your mom lmaoooooooooooooo *high-fives self, alone*

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Bought a pet hammock for my backseat, will report back on how cheepnis it is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

queserasera posted:

Bought a pet hammock for my backseat, will report back on how cheepnis it is.

I would be interested in this

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Don't hold your breath. We got on from Amazon and it lasted two trips before the beagle tore the straps off trying to get in the front seat. Because that's how the beagle do.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'd be worried about any strappy thing strangling my pet.

e: lol Pick, :wrong:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol an AliExpress selfown; wanted some cheap shorts for in the garden, these came up on the ‘hot deals’ page for about a tenner and they actually had them in sizes bigger than a child might need:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32975759875.html

Should have looked closer, they are not all-cotton, the main black part is pure unbreathable nylon, no inner. I have had them on sitting on my bed for 10mins in a regular temperature room and my thighs are already sweating. Of course, nylon has no give in it either so I feel they will explode at the balls the first time I step higher than a doorstep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Bloop posted:

This must be a universal thing. My local swap meet has exactly two booths that sell underwear and socks and they seem to be pretty decent.