Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They’ll magic up some relative and make him a Chinese citizen by blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
His name has been Pierre-Emerick Aubame-Yang this whole time :aaaaa:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

tarbrush posted:

So who's going to finish lower next year, Man U, Arse or Wolves?

Nuno wants to keep the Wolves squad small despite the additional Europa games, and seems to be in no hurry to make any depth signings. They were amazingly lucky to avoid major injuries last year.

They’re also not going to shock the big clubs next season, and if they can’t beat the relegation fodder, they may well end up in the bottom half.

We only have 13 outfield players who belong at this level. Any time Jimenez or Jota go off, our attack stops. Apparently this is fine.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Buffon isn't getting his contract renewed and is a free agent. There are some suggestions he might do a final season with Parma.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't know why top goalkeepers would ever retire when they could keep playing in top leagues for like decades after they hit 30

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I don't know why top goalkeepers would ever retire when they could keep playing in top leagues for like decades after they hit 30

Buffon is 41.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Decades

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hazard to Real is expected to be announced in the next few hours. Rumoured price is £100m

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’d love to have a pre-retirement contract like Rob Green at Chelsea

Show up for training a few hours a week, maybe have bench duty

E: Apparently he did this for 3 seasons at Leeds, Huddersfield, and Chelsea

Nice

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

He's a clownshoes trashman OP, so bad James Milner was preferred at left back as backup.

Moreno needs to be played into form and he was getting pretty good before the past injury that eventually led to Robertson taking his place.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but his weaknesses are most glaring when opposing sides are capable of fighting back and I don’t think that’s as big of a problem for Barca’s domestic cup and league commitments. Liverpool are a different animal.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i feel like moreno would be a competent left winger, like old timey left winger in a 4-4-2, does anyone still play a 4-4-2 and need a left winger?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

bewbies posted:

i feel like moreno would be a competent left winger, like old timey left winger in a 4-4-2, does anyone still play a 4-4-2 and need a left winger?

Us next season lol

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
or maybe as a wing back in one of those fashionable 3-4-3 gigs, he'd do fine there also

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brony Car posted:

Moreno needs to be played into form and he was getting pretty good before the past injury that eventually led to Robertson taking his place.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but his weaknesses are most glaring when opposing sides are capable of fighting back and I don’t think that’s as big of a problem for Barca’s domestic cup and league commitments. Liverpool are a different animal.

Emery wants him apparently.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

bewbies posted:

Moreno has 0 end product. He cannot cross and he cannot shoot. If you play him as a left winger he will run down the wing very fast and immediately blast it into a defenders legs or 50 yards over the bar.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

EvilHawk posted:

Moreno has 0 end product. He cannot cross and he cannot shoot. If you play him as a left winger he will run down the wing very fast and immediately blast it into a defenders legs or 50 yards over the bar.

Arsenal employed Theo Walcott for a number of years.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

didnt klopp call him the best shooter on the team?

just something to consider

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

bewbies posted:

didnt klopp call him the best shooter on the team?

just something to consider

Conversely,

He's not very good op. I've watched him a lot and he's really, really not very good.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Was that before or after you wanted Klopp sacked?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

Conversely,

He's not very good op. I've watched him a lot and he's really, really not very good.

hm perhaps you are right

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah that's accurate

£6.9m transfer fee with a £420k/week post tax contract then

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Xabi posted:

Was that before or after you wanted Klopp sacked?

We've just won the European Cup mate let's not fight

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

EvilHawk posted:

We've just won the European Cup mate let's not fight

Didn't know you played for Liverpool.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Healbot posted:

Didn't know you were in charge of who was allowed to say "we" when talking about a club winning something.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Emery wants him apparently.

He probably knows Moreno from his time at Sevilla. I bet it would work out well, but I seem to rate Emery more than most Arsenal fans.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I rate Emery, I do not rate Moreno

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe Newcastle can ship Manquillo to Arsenal if they want a shithouse Spanish fb/winger

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Hazard to Real is expected to be announced in the next few hours. Rumoured price is £100m

Half a Neymar honestly seems cheap these days for a lad as good as hazard

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1136347203864268801

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope theres a conference call between all these clubs and a legit fast talking auctioneer is doing the sale

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
like, a literal auction? is that a thing?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not a literal auction. They probably just want the inevitable transfer wrapped up shortly and for everyone to put in their best offers asap.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Imagine going to PSG or Man Utd when you have those other options

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Healbot posted:

:jerkbag:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Imagine going to PSG or Man Utd when you have those other options

well at PSG you're guaranteed a league title and a berth in the European knockout stages because of a secret deal signed when Platini was still in charge*, plus a whole ton of money from that QTA sponsorship deal. plus you get to live in Paris.

*this likely doesn't exist but I like to think it does

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

It'll be delectable if de Ligt ends up with Liverpool because he wants to win trophies.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

well at PSG you're guaranteed a league title and a berth in the European knockout stages because of a secret deal signed when Platini was still in charge*, plus a whole ton of money from that QTA sponsorship deal. plus you get to live in Paris.

*this likely doesn't exist but I like to think it does

when it comes to Platini and PSG you can't be too suspicious, that whole thing is sketchy as hell

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is he even that good I don’t recall people going on about him until the agent hype games started

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bape Culture posted:

Is he even that good I don’t recall people going on about him until the agent hype games started

I hate ajax but he is insanely good, probably the best "talent" in Europe together with Frenkie de Jong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Aubameyang has removed Arsenal from his instagram biography and removed his profile picture after being linked with a move to China.

He’s fixed it now so that was a rollercoaster.