Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the problem is that it took her tweeting to the loving president to get fired whent here's incidents going back more than 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

dirty lousy tramp posted:

the problem is that it took her tweeting to the loving president to get fired whent here's incidents going back more than 10 years

Teachers are complicit in the bias in schools hate to tell ya.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I would mention how public education alienates the most talented from participating but people got mad at me about it last time

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would mention how public education alienates the most talented from participating but people got mad at me about it last time

what

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Maybe she can get a job in that Catholic school that smirking shithead went to. Or the scores of other schools in America where the student bodies have been photographed proudly doing the heil Hitler gesture to the camera while smiling.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

unless this has lots of anecdotes about trump supporters being owned, people are probably gonna get mad about such a derail yet again

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

Maybe she can get a job in that Catholic school that smirking shithead went to. Or the scores of other schools in America where the student bodies have been photographed proudly doing the heil Hitler gesture to the camera while smiling.

she's already been hired as a lecturer on the importance of racial purity castes among Christians at Liberty U

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Literally exactly the kind of stories about neighbors turning in suspected Jews in Germany.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's like a 50% chance this is a SCOTUS case in a year.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Here is an article from Propublica where they interviewed some chicken farmers who were flabbergasted that Trump, businessman of note, did not think about the common farmer when considering industrial regulations: https://www.propublica.org/article/chicken-farmers-thought-trump-was-going-to-help-them-then-his-administration-did-the-opposite#162857

quote:

By the time the Obama administration finally pushed through the rules meant to address these problems in December 2016, Donald Trump, a Republican, had won the White House, backed by many farmers who said they had been let down by Obama, a Democrat.

quote:

Chicken farmers who considered themselves staunch Trump supporters say their worsening circumstances since he took office are making them reconsider their votes. Mike Weaver, a West Virginia farmer, said he gave up raising chickens this year after the company wanted him to waive his right to sue — something the Obama administration’s rules would have prevented.

“I made excuses for him for a while, thinking he’s going to eventually get a grasp on the dire situation small family farmers are in,” Weaver said of Trump. “It hasn’t happened yet. If it doesn’t happen by the next election, I’m going to tell everybody some of the promises he made were never kept and I don’t see it changing.”

quote:

With Congress barring the USDA from working on the regulations, the Obama administration could not put them into effect.

quote:

Weaver also made a personal appeal to Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law. He met her at a July 2017 event in Washington with the U.S. Humane Society, since she is vocal about animal welfare. Weaver gave her a hat branded with his local association of chicken farmers and a note to the president. Lara Trump assured Weaver she would deliver the note, he said.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bollig posted:

Here is an article from Propublica where they interviewed some chicken farmers who were flabbergasted that Trump, businessman of note, did not think about the common farmer when considering industrial regulations: https://www.propublica.org/article/chicken-farmers-thought-trump-was-going-to-help-them-then-his-administration-did-the-opposite#162857

I had to do a bunch of reading on the current OSHA director due to work stuff. Did you know their highest position is still unfilled? For almost 2 years now the deputy assistant secretary has been the acting head of OSHA, a job that she isn't nearly qualified to do. She's missing most of her staff too! She's spent her entire time in the position basically hiding and trying to do as little work as possible.

There was a controversial incident in which an investigation of the poultry industry found that not only were there a ton of safety and workplace violence problems, but workers being denied bathroom breaks. Congress made an official recommendation that OSHA compliance officers interview workers outside of the work environment because there's concerns that they're being intimidated into lying about problems when their bosses are around.

Sweatt promptly issued a statement basically saying that it's too much work and they're just going to ignore the recommendation.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

bollig posted:

what a loving rube

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I don't like being so judgmental but these people are such loving morons

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grondoth posted:

I don't like being so judgmental but these people are such loving morons

It probably doesn't speak well to me as a person but my compassion has its limits and punching yourself in the balls so hard other people are punched in the balls by proxy is past them

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah you're still talking like private education attracts the cream of the crop, when it's generally a worse environment in every regard including pay and protections.
Also not talking about it in a leftist way like "teaching is underpaid and overburdened, and generally undervalued in some insidious classist ways", and more like "lol teachers are dumb idiots".
And no it doesn't matter that you are one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
seriously pulling the lever for trump is the only example I've ever seen of a straight up-or-down morality check, there is no one who looks at a guy trumpeting being a rapist and hating mexicans on live television in his own words and goes, "I don't like his policies but you have to admit he has some good ideas :hmmyes:"

None of these idiots were "fooled" into voting for him, they just did it and it blew up their face

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

It probably doesn't speak well to me as a person but my compassion has its limits and punching yourself in the balls so hard other people are punched in the balls by proxy is past them

nobody has unlimited compassion or empathy, it is a finite resource and you need to be careful not to waste it on people who do not appreciate or deserve it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

nobody has unlimited compassion or empathy, it is a finite resource and you need to be careful not to waste it on people who do not appreciate or deserve it

the buddha does

in many, many ways, I am not the buddha

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

the buddha does

psh, that's only because Jesus didn't have as good of editors to his holy documents at first, so we heard about his meltdown in which he was screaming at trees but didn't hear about the buddha's

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fat man flat out said he'd fire up tariffs, none of them didn't see this coming, they're just so stupid they didn't realize it would hurt.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Some people might be morons, but I think by this point you all will have realized that everything in this thread is just white people performing increasingly elaborate mental gymnastics around having to say the silent part out loud and admit that they would strap suicide bomb vests tot heir own children if it mean more dead black and brown people.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

Some people might be morons, but I think by this point you all will have realized that everything in this thread is just white people performing increasingly elaborate mental gymnastics around having to say the silent part out loud and admit that they would strap suicide bomb vests tot heir own children if it mean more dead black and brown people.

yeah, the notion that anybody was fooled is a liberal conceit that they must necessarily believe so their moronic tactic of trying to appeal primarily to suburban republicans

people knew what they were getting, any turnaround is people realizing that their death camps for browns wish being fulfilled is costing them personally more than they're comfortable with after all

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

the buddha does

The wise words of Amos Burton.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

psh, that's only because Jesus didn't have as good of editors to his holy documents at first, so we heard about his meltdown in which he was screaming at trees but didn't hear about the buddha's

my favorite part about jesus in the bible is when he flips his poo poo and starts wrecking moneylender equipment in the synagogue

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

This is the middle of a pretty good thread about Trump dead enders and the increasing absurdity of their devotion

https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/status/1136288705856057344?s=19

It's not exactly the thread topic but we do talk about how they'll still vote straight gop anyway

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grape posted:

Yeah you're still talking like private education attracts the cream of the crop, when it's generally a worse environment in every regard including pay and protections.
Also not talking about it in a leftist way like "teaching is underpaid and overburdened, and generally undervalued in some insidious classist ways", and more like "lol teachers are dumb idiots".
And no it doesn't matter that you are one.

lol catholic schools can fire you if they find out you're on birth control or have a live-in boyfriend

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Chokes McGee posted:

the buddha does

no he doesn’t. he’s lost his poo poo and killed people.

e: I was confusing the idiom “Buddha only waits three times” with Aṅgulimāla who is important in Buddhism

numerrik has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Jun 5, 2019

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

numerrik posted:

e: I was confusing the idiom “Buddha only waits three times” with Aṅgulimāla who is important in Buddhism

total rookie mistake lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

numerrik posted:

fuckin' amateur hour in here

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Is steven crowder the obviously closeted trans woman who constantly dresses in drag to own the libs

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol catholic schools can fire you if they find out you're on birth control or have a live-in boyfriend

We were specifically warned as students you could be disciplined for writing anything pro-abortion or birth control in an assignment.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

numerrik posted:

all you have to do is sit in silence and people will own themselves

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jesus only lost his poo poo at stuff that deserved it. Like bankers and trees that were metaphors for the bankers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Chokes McGee posted:

the buddha does

I’m fat but that’s bout it yeah

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

The wise words of Amos Burton.
I just finished Tiamat's Wrath and I want to say I appreciated this.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

I’m fat but that’s bout it yeah

Too bad the buddha wasn't fat:

This little fat guy is a famous monk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

Another way in which you are not the buddha.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I’m demonstrating my ignorance here, but I thought Buddha was a title for those who reached enlightenment, not necessarily a specific individual?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

1redflag posted:

I’m demonstrating my ignorance here, but I thought Buddha was a title for those who reached enlightenment, not necessarily a specific individual?

I am pretty ignorant myself, so this may be wrong, but I think you are thinking of Bodhisattva.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

It is both a title and a specific person. And due to the non-self doctrine, not even a specific person. And that's not even getting into Mahayana cosmology involving buddhadhatu and Tathagatagarbha philosophy.

Bodhisattva are enlightened ones who have taken the Bodhisattva vows not to achieve ultimate Nirvana until all living beings have, they're distinct from, but related to Buddhas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

I am pretty ignorant myself, so this may be wrong, but I think you are thinking of Bodhisattva.

that's swayze from point break smdh