Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

does the exact same/costs way more is still a marketable tagline lol we deserve the 12 monkeys virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

tremendously obligatory, but

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

Said by a fucker who obviously never went to the bizarre confusing wonderful nonsense that was Disney Quest :colbert:

Disney Quest was great and I went again the week before they closed it.

But it wasn't a theme park, just a huge arcade.

Getting to play Fix it Felix Jr was pretty great though

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icj3u4S-uvg

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

real life lootboxes that are also made of so much plastic that will absolutely not get recycled

And that host's gestures and enthusiasm are creepy

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ I loving love brands

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
imagine having emotional ties to brands

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Weaponized Autism posted:

imagine having emotional ties to brands

buffalo trace loves me and i love it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

mojo1701a posted:

I remember someone once pointing out to me how very binary the setting really is. That is, everyone's either good or evil, with no real in-between.

With this kind of simplistic idea, it's no wonder a lot of people that don't take effort to think of something too deeply to identify shades-of-grey in life would attach themselves to it.

Yeah but there are still people who are way too into dressing up like stormtroopers or Imperials with their Hugo Boss uniforms.

Or the ones who want to fellate Boba Fett, they're usually real fuckin lovely people.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah but there are still people who are way too into dressing up like stormtroopers or Imperials with their Hugo Boss uniforms.

Or the ones who want to fellate Boba Fett, they're usually real fuckin lovely people.

I've said it before, but it's no worse (or no better) than the same tier of sports fans. You've probably met them before. the people who wear their jerseys everywhere, get really pissed that people who root for other teams exist (and get in physical fights over it), probably hates Kaepernick and sends him twitter harassment for "politicizing video-gamessports", think watching the game is more important than any social obligation and all sorts of associated nerd poo pooRed-Blooded American behavior.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Boba Fett is at least a unique bad guy with a jetpack and a cape. stormtroopers have intentionally dehumanizing helmets and no personality at all. It's gross how they've become more prominent on merchandise as a character rather than the faceless thugs they are supposed to represent.

Lol star wars

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

from the wild posted:

As for that monitor stand, I see it as a $1k discount for pros who already use VESA mounts

[I'm not gonna buy it]

Bingo, at least it's an option. like even if it were a few hundred bucks, I DO appreciate the fact that most of their customers might not want a stand anyway

It's really a $1,000 discount on a $6,000 monitor if you squint real hard and are an apple whore

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Disney Quest was great and I went again the week before they closed it.

But it wasn't a theme park, just a huge arcade.

Getting to play Fix it Felix Jr was pretty great though

The entire idea was that it was supposed to be a ~virtual interactive theme park~, whatever the hell that means. I mean I agree that it was just a huge arcade but the goal was something much weirder.

There's a great defunctland ep about it if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQGtnEL2xs

This was easily kid-me's favorite place in the world for a few years. I mean it had Bill Nye and he helps you design a rollercoaster and then you ride the rollercoaster :aaaaa:

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 04:25 on Jun 6, 2019

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Counterpoint: Two of the biggest Commies I know IRL both did the Boba Fett thing.

Granted they were outnumbered the troops and cops, but hey.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

It's really a $1,000 discount on a $6,000 monitor if you squint real hard and are an apple whore

"I'm not buying it I'm just very excited about the prospect of being able to buy a monitor without a stand, which is something everyone wants since clearly this decision has been driven by market demand since apple is a perfect rational actor."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Duct tape your expensive calculator to a coat rack you idiots. You compete morons. You utter fools.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

KiteAuraan posted:

Counterpoint: Two of the biggest Commies I know IRL both did the Boba Fett thing.

Granted they were outnumbered the troops and cops, but hey.

yes because unlike Jedi and Troopers, Boba Fett is a worker

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

real life lootboxes that are also made of so much plastic that will absolutely not get recycled

And that host's gestures and enthusiasm are creepy

there are a ton of "'opening things with tiny toys inside" channels and the hosts always have those mannerisms because the target audience is small children who give them millions of views

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Killjoy posted:

yes because unlike Jedi and Troopers, Boba Fett is a worker
Part of the gig economy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Is that one solid piece of welded aluminum? Will make packing it when transporting more difficult than the usual countersunk bolts under the base.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is that one solid piece of welded aluminum? Will make packing it when transporting more difficult than the usual countersunk bolts under the base.

$990 more difficult than every other company if price is an indicator

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Is the anything at all proprietary in it that will keep Chinese factories from just copying it piece by piece?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

that picture is actually sadder, because they're using AR on their phones/ipads to see what the actual mount, which isn't there, would look like on it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This has to be performance art at this point

I don't get why people keep buying this stuff when it's so transparent. I honestly dont

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

You know how people buy Supreme even though it's like, way overpriced?

Apple is the Supreme of computers.

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Some apple poo poo feels really good, like you can probably run your baby-skinned hand around every edge of that $999 thing and not get cut by any poorly machined metal burrs. I'd rather have a thing that only "may" have a manufacturing defect for $50 though, and might be made of steel/plastic instead of aluminum or whatever.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2019/jun/05/dropped-wrappers-and-dirty-coffee-cups-the-tricks-bosses-play-at-interviews

quote:

For some employers, doing extensive prep for an interview and arriving on time isn’t enough. They may also subject you to some serious mindgames

quote:

Trent Innes, managing director of Australian accounting company Xero, bases his hiring decisions on what people do with their glass or coffee cup. “You can develop skills, you can gain knowledge and experience, but it really comes down to attitude,” he recently told The Venture Podcast. “And the attitude that we’ve talked a lot about is the concept of ‘wash your own coffee cup’.” Similar is the Wrapper Test, where a sweet wrapper is dropped by the door of the interview room and the candidate is judged on if they pick it up. This is supposed to provide insights into a person’s selflessness and attention to detail.

quote:

Another CEO revealed to the New York Times that she texts prospective employees at 9pm or 11am on a Sunday, “just to see how fast you’ll respond”.

Love being subjected to mindgames by a sociopathic CEO earning hundreds of times my prospective wage.

Guillotines. Guillotines for all.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer

little munchkin posted:

there are a ton of "'opening things with tiny toys inside" channels and the hosts always have those mannerisms because the target audience is small children who give them millions of views

:capitalism:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

This has to be performance art at this point

I don't get why people keep buying this stuff when it's so transparent. I honestly dont

someone else said it (probably in this thread) but apple is a fashion company with an electronics line

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

evobatman posted:

Is the anything at all proprietary in it that will keep Chinese factories from just copying it piece by piece?

the brand

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

every single year apple brings out some piece of poo poo that to me just appears to be completely depraved and insulting and then it sells 100000 units and the stock price doubles

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

megalodong posted:

that picture is actually sadder, because they're using AR on their phones/ipads to see what the actual mount, which isn't there, would look like on it.

What? I thought that WAS the mount.

alphabettitouretti posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2019/jun/05/dropped-wrappers-and-dirty-coffee-cups-the-tricks-bosses-play-at-interviews

Love being subjected to mindgames by a sociopathic CEO earning hundreds of times my prospective wage.

Guillotines. Guillotines for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk0U7okZAMU&t=44s

Your credentials are good, but did you save the fish?

TheMostFrench has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Jun 6, 2019

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Shame Boy posted:

Also the reason like every goddamn restaurant shows their price as "9" instead of "9.00" is because people subconsciously rank 9 as less than 9.00

Also also 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3/3 = 1 is obvious but 0.33333... + 0.33333... + 0.33333... = 0.99999... = 1 is so crazy that people will get downright angry about it

Humans have a lot of dumb blind spots when it comes to numbers is what I'm getting at.
someone post the goldmined thread tia

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Imagined posted:

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Please stop following me thx.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

the supreme thing is just baffling to me. the actual clothes and logo are generic as gently caress so you end up with people paying $600 for a white tee shirt with the Colgate logo.

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

little munchkin posted:

yes, and they are the bane of my existence

yesterday morning I woke up to the blaring television streaming one YouTuber family filming their daughter in the hospital with a broken arm. I half-expected them to dump a case of Funko Pops onto her for a surprising unboxing

WHAT'S UP GUYS

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

An extremely necessary office near the check-out of this hospital

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Asimov posted:

Some apple poo poo feels really good, like you can probably run your baby-skinned hand around every edge of that $999 thing and not get cut by any poorly machined metal burrs. I'd rather have a thing that only "may" have a manufacturing defect for $50 though, and might be made of steel/plastic instead of aluminum or whatever.

I have been cut by multiple apple computers in the past, just because they beveled the edge a tiny bit doesn't mean it won't still cut you real bad if you stub your toe on it or whack it, it's still got lots of edges and angles and stuff :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DrManiac posted:

the supreme thing is just baffling to me. the actual clothes and logo are generic as gently caress so you end up with people paying $600 for a white tee shirt with the Colgate logo.

Oh I thought we were talking about gasoline. Or maybe tacos?