Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bombadilillo posted:

How would someone on somethingawful dot com know way to much about incels? Must be the 10 mega threads about it

(Which are great)

A website whose users are generally thought of as being unpleasant and unattractive has a deep investment in documenting and making fun of incels :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

How would someone on somethingawful dot com know way to much about incels? Must be the 10 mega threads about it

(Which are great)

And none of which I've actually read. :v:

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

(Which are great)

I only know about incels to ask directions on how to get away from incels

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Chad's female equivalent is called Stacy.

I have no idea why. The only reason I know that is because apparently one of the TV cop shows had an episode that involves incels...somehow. I didn't actually watch it.

Law when Order: SVU!
https://news.avclub.com/please-enjoy-some-glorious-clips-from-law-order-svus-1829755672/amp

There's the legally-distinct-from-Barbie Malibu Stacy. There's a famous Stacy whose mom has it going on, so it's reasonable to assume she does too. There's probably some incredibly obvious more famous Stacy that I'm not thinking of right now.

Does the wretched 27 year-old crone who looks like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's (Eww!) have some terrible name assigned to them?

Also, I vaguely remember those women in that picture coming from some (Dear god someone please kill me) "bimbofication" fetish art that went viral.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/D8Ycy_4UIAEYdTI.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

drat, always the meme thread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The US didn't intercept the Zimmerman telegraph, though. (I only know because I read a book on the history of espionage on the bog, it's a very interesting episode.)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I assumed the iphone thing was just "more discretionary income = more dates = more sex".

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Jerry Cotton posted:

The US didn't intercept the Zimmerman telegraph, though. (I only know because I read a book on the history of espionage on the bog, it's a very interesting episode.)

That must be the UK holding us back while we angry cry.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Chad's female equivalent is called Stacy.

I have no idea why. The only reason I know that is because apparently one of the TV cop shows had an episode that involves incels...somehow. I didn't actually watch it.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say whoever came up with the concept's idea of high art is The Simpsons. Malibu Stacy is The Simpsons version of Barbie.

e: poo poo, new page and so badly beaten by erudite goons

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Wait, there's a :females: equivalent to the Virgin/Chad?

The one in that meme is from this stellar piece of modern art

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

El Burbo posted:

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

El Burbo posted:

It’s not a true transformation picture because the middle image is not a horrific mash up showing the true horror of the transformee.

Edit: please don’t judge me. My time is spent in The deviant art thread has scarred me.

ashnjack has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Jun 6, 2019

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

one after the other tbqh

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
5 looks like Rey tbqh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

5 looks like Rey tbqh

How do even know what he looks like under the mask :thunk:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ashnjack posted:

It’s not a true transformation picture because the middle image is not a horrific mash up showing the true horror of the transformee.

Edit: please don’t judge me. My time is spent in The deviant art thread has scarred me.

Also see: Animorphs book covers. Or George "Camerahead" Lucas.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/701637597/videos/10158523539947598/

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Bang 'em all and let god sort it out.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Jerry Cotton posted:

How do even know what he looks like under the mask :thunk:

I mean Star Wars Rey....

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

El Burbo posted:

I'm a frumpy brunette and I read a lot, checks out. Didn't know it was the books that was making me that way though.

God this is so awful. The guy who drew this is also the same guy who goes 'I prefer women without make-up' :smug: and has strong opinions on pop music.

To apologize for my ranting here's some content

Ralph Crammed In has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jun 6, 2019

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://old.reddit.com/r/imsorryjon/comments/bxh435/this_world_is_ending_jon/

Basticle has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Jun 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean Star Wars Rey....

Wait you mean Rey Mysterio isn't in the new Stars Wars? Lame!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm a frumpy brunette and I read a lot, checks out. Didn't know it was the books that was making me that way though.

God this is so awful. The guy who drew this is also the same guy who goes 'I prefer women without make-up' :smug: and has strong opinions on pop music.

To apologize for my ranting here's some content

fixed the links for you, you have to right-click and copy image location

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Imgur's new front-page uploader is predictably stupid. Once you've uploaded, you can't go to the "get share links" right away, with the chunky new styling, because the BBcode link it gives you is wrong. You have to reload the page first, so it goes back to the old styling. Then you can "get share links" and the BBcode one you get there is correct.

I don't know what it is with that site

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

If you're on the phone app you can upload and link in one step now. It owns.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Thanks. I got out of book proximity and my hair started to blonde up again.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

What app though?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

only the android version, ios doesn't have it still iirc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Thanks. I got out of book proximity and my hair started to blonde up again.
lol, gotta watch out for that!

bike tory posted:

What app though?
It's just called "Awful"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ferg.awfulapp&hl=en_US

one of my favorite recent updates was the ability to change the icon from the frog. I've got the doggo icon.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

What app though?

Awful. Best phone shitposting solution.

E: loving beaten.

https://twitter.com/konpeitopanic/status/1136288899968331778?s=19

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Jun 6, 2019

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Data Graham posted:

Imgur's new front-page uploader is predictably stupid. Once you've uploaded, you can't go to the "get share links" right away, with the chunky new styling, because the BBcode link it gives you is wrong. You have to reload the page first, so it goes back to the old styling. Then you can "get share links" and the BBcode one you get there is correct.

I don't know what it is with that site

I especially love the way that imgur on mobile converts links to go to the album page, rather than just the pure image (unless you request desktop mode). Don't try to encourage use of your dumb app by making the website worse.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

only the android version, ios doesn't have it still iirc

The iOS app has had direct upload for months at least

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ashnjack posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PittTheElder posted:

I especially love the way that imgur on mobile converts links to go to the album page, rather than just the pure image (unless you request desktop mode). Don't try to encourage use of your dumb app by making the website worse.

I use an app called Opengur that handles the links correctly. I expect Imgur to block their access to the API any second now.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've been using Something for years and didn't realise any of them were still maintained.

e: omg I regret years of using a lovely outdated app

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Jun 7, 2019

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

I've been using Something for years and didn't realise any of them were still maintained.

e: omg I regret years of using a lovely outdated app

Something Awful Yearbook may yet live. But probably not. And what was the goon image host, I think it involved onions? Which if you google onion image hosting suddenly the dark web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Skratchez posted:

Something Awful Yearbook may yet live. But probably not. And what was the goon image host, I think it involved onions? Which if you google onion image hosting suddenly the dark web.

waffleimages