Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Do you still get drops if you run them at higher level? I suppose that would make it a lot easier to farm. Well poo poo now it's harder to decide what to spend my moogle bucks on.

Yeah, the totems are just a backup in case rng decides to really gently caress you over. You can solo ARR primals on a variety of jobs now with level 70 gear, though RDM is the easiest of what I have leveled at least. I got all of my pre-SB mounts from unsynced level 70 runs; ARR either solo or with a friend, and HW with 2-5 other PF randos. I had fairly good luck though, the fight that took the most tries was Thordan at 22 iirc, most of the rest were single digits*. I did do a lot more Nidhogg trying to help get friends' birds, but I got several scales from that, which sold for a decent amount.

*I do not have Nightmare... But I also haven't really tried to get Nightmare yet. Anyone know what the drop rate is on it now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pretty sure Nightmare has always been 5% at best. Your best bet for that is probably soloing Garuda Ex, though that's "last overmeld slot" chances so don't expect one with just 20 clears.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bleu posted:

All primal mounts are currently a 20% drop rate except spookyhorse.

i did not know this. that is not too bad at all.

my only reference for mount farming was Rathalos :suicide:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I tried doing MSQ roulette last night to level WHM and farm irregulars at once and the tanks just... just ran through all the mobs then stood there at the end doing their single target combos. No AoE enmity at all. It was a painful experience let me tell you.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Bussamove posted:

I tried doing MSQ roulette last night to level WHM and farm irregulars at once and the tanks just... just ran through all the mobs then stood there at the end doing their single target combos. No AoE enmity at all. It was a painful experience let me tell you.

Yeah, I've never seen it this bad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Thundarr posted:

Pretty sure Nightmare has always been 5% at best. Your best bet for that is probably soloing Garuda Ex, though that's "last overmeld slot" chances so don't expect one with just 20 clears.

Very happy with the Nightmare drop I got when I solo'd Garuda EX on a lark one day

Didn't even realise it was there until I was poking through my inventory the next day

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Thats why I MSQ with tank.

It goes as fast as I say it goes. (very)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Bah just got an email confirming they are gonna cancel my ShB order if I don't get them a working card and my wife also got an email for her copy. I dunno what's wrong with their ordering that it refuses all my cards. I actually just bought some poo poo from mog station that went through fine but I'm sure the payment processing systems are unrelated.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah I got one of those too, I thought I paid at the time?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So people liked Pagos and Pyros? Do these people also like hammer spikes into their genitals? Never experienced something so aggressively unfun in any MMO in the history of this industry as those two zones. Anemos was alright but then the designers got brain rot and designed the rest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Odd question:

So the new Samurai ability that does your big move twice, I see it can do the DoT too. What's the purpose of that exactly? Does the new DoT get added to the original?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question:

So the new Samurai ability that does your big move twice, I see it can do the DoT too. What's the purpose of that exactly? Does the new DoT get added to the original?

They don't stack in the previewed build and yeah it's kind of an odd choice. The only real usage is if you needed to DoT up two targets

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KoB posted:

Thats why I MSQ with tank.

It goes as fast as I say it goes. (very)

Same, sprint, pull everything then overpower the poo poo out of everything. So far the groups I’ve had have figured it out.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Jimbot posted:

So people liked Pagos and Pyros? Do these people also like hammer spikes into their genitals? Never experienced something so aggressively unfun in any MMO in the history of this industry as those two zones. Anemos was alright but then the designers got brain rot and designed the rest.

people like pyros. literally everybody hates pagos

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question:

Isn't the second a beefier Iai attack?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Bah just got an email confirming they are gonna cancel my ShB order if I don't get them a working card and my wife also got an email for her copy. I dunno what's wrong with their ordering that it refuses all my cards. I actually just bought some poo poo from mog station that went through fine but I'm sure the payment processing systems are unrelated.

Do you have any sort of proxy or VPN running in the background? For some reason Square's e-commerce system(s) absolutely hate those and will block you if you do. Other than that, I have no idea.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Isn't the second a beefier Iai attack?

It's beefier and can't be Kaiten'd but it seems like it'd be way less effective to do two DoTs in a row instead of two Midaris if the new DoT doesn't stack with the other.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Pagos was already in the pipe when Anemos came out and it was too late to really react to criticism. No one likes Pagos. Pyros has some cool stuff going on and people are a little more positive about it, but Hydatos is the one that is most liked

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The way I see it, there are two valid uses for Tsubamegaeshi: 2sen and 3sen, because no potency off any of those will go to waste. Maybe you can Tsubamegaeshi a Higabana if you hosed up and don't have the kenki to Kaiten it, or something, but even that feels like something you'd really need to screw up to have to fall back on.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The way I see it, there are two valid uses for Tsubamegaeshi: 2sen and 3sen, because no potency off any of those will go to waste. Maybe you can Tsubamegaeshi a Higabana if you hosed up and don't have the kenki to Kaiten it, or something, but even that feels like something you'd really need to screw up to have to fall back on.

Yeah using a long cooldown oGCD in place of the same effect you could get for 3 GCDs of normal attacks seems like a bad call. Tsubamagaeshi Higabana should probably only be used if two bulky dudes show up at the same time and you want to DoT both.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You could probably Tsubame-Gaeshi a Higanbana onto a second target. I think it came out to the same as a Kaiten version with the preview potencies. It's probably not worth it though.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 7, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Jimbot posted:

Pagos is bad. Pyros is pretty good.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bussamove posted:

I enjoy when the tank sprints all the way to the end then sits there fighting the trash when we're 10 feet away from the boss we could pull with the trash for 0 downside. Mostly the first two bosses in Castrum for this one, since Praetorium locks evver boss behind a door.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is MSQ roulette only worth doing once a day for the bonus or does it still keep dumping xp on you for more runs? I've never tested since I'd hate to waste the time if the xp is meager.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is MSQ roulette only worth doing once a day for the bonus or does it still keep dumping xp on you for more runs? I've never tested since I'd hate to waste the time if the xp is meager.

All roulettes are 1/day for the bonus.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Do you have any sort of proxy or VPN running in the background? For some reason Square's e-commerce system(s) absolutely hate those and will block you if you do. Other than that, I have no idea.
Yeah this is a big problem since I play from China. Mogstation is completely blocked from Square's side and then it triggers an error code on most VPNs if you try to do any payment related stuff.

I use time cards now and still have to use an obscure free VPN instead of what I normally used and access the site from IE for some reason.

Since other people are posting pre order problems, anyone tried to order from Amazon? It keeps on triggering an error when I try to checkout.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Jimbot posted:

After going through Pagos (and being told I should just level myself to 41 for so I haven’t done anything in it yet, but hearing that it’s a thing people are recommending already makes me hate it) the stupid thing is that it could be a little less infuriating if they didn’t do stupid things like “let’s lock mounts until your max level, lol” or “aetheryte is level locked”

If someone can make it to aetheryte just let them attune. It makes Pagos so lovely because you have to beg for rides and hope they’re willing to cart you around without any teleporting until you hit 23 where it becomes even slightly bearable and not bad at 25.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
How much stuff in this game is soloable at level cap?

Coming from World of Warcraft, at level cap pretty much any class can solo old endgame content up to at least "Current expansion minus 2", most classes can solo "current expansion minus 1", and a handful of classes can solo current max level content, albeit usually individual bosses not entire raids.

I'd like to be able to go back to old content to get gear for Fashion Souls Fantasy, but I don't know how easy that is in this game.

It'd either be as a RDM, NIN, or AST.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Annath posted:

Coming from World of Warcraft, at level cap pretty much any class can solo old endgame content up to at least "Current expansion minus 2", most classes can solo "current expansion minus 1", and a handful of classes can solo current max level content, albeit usually individual bosses not entire raids.

I'd like to be able to go back to old content to get gear for Fashion Souls Fantasy, but I don't know how easy that is in this game.

Almost all 50 content is soloable. There are a few dungeons which can't be but only because they have specific mechanics in place. (I.e: A boss with a mechanic that insta-kills if there's only one person.) 60 content is a bit iffier but if you have a heal (Paladin/Red Mage/etc) you can do most things aside from maybe the high-end extreme trials.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Annath posted:

Quite a bit I think, I know that I've soloed just about everything in ARR even during HW, and I know that people have soloed most of the HW dungeons. What you'll not be able to solo is most of the 8-man and 24-man content, mostly because of mechanics.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Over half of the base game (expansion -2) can be soloed pretty trivially if you have a self heal button. A bit more can be done if you have specific classes and time things right to manipulate mechanics. RDM is pretty good for that but there's not really any ARR gear from trials and coil that doesn't have a crafted version. It is pretty easy to solo for horses though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't believe that after all these years they still haven't given us a dedicated gear slot for cosmetic (sun)glasses to go with whatever hat we want.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I can't believe that after all these years they still haven't given us a dedicated gear slot for cosmetic (sun)glasses to go with whatever hat we want.

this is almost certainly extremely difficult to do at this point in the development and would be a lot of time and money for basically nothing

We're talking about a game that has to keep creating workarounds to create more inventory space "new gear slot" is not going to be just adding a couple of lines of code and calling it a day

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 7, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Silence with your damnable logic! :arghfist::(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is me, the dreamsmasher, come to smash your dreams

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Hopefully they pay people who aren't morons to code their next MMO instead of whoever they paid to code this one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Can they at least give me a Black Mage hat that has a /visor that does this?

I'll start playing BLM again if they do.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Algid posted:

RDM is pretty good for that but there's not really any ARR gear from trials and coil that doesn't have a crafted version.

There is one notable exception to this: There's never been a craftable version of the Dreadwyrm weapons, so you'll have to do T13 if you want those.

But yeah, literally every piece of level 50 content except T6 Savage, T8 Savage, and T9 Normal is soloable by at least one job in the game.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Can they at least give me a Black Mage hat that has a /visor that does this?

I'll start playing BLM again if they do.

The lalafell equivalent in the new world is gonna have a beard that does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Never forget the festering heart of stupid evil that is the core of 1.0 they had to build off of.

Someone post the quote about the flower pots that had the same amount of polygons as player characters.