Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is Street Masters good? I missed both kickstarter but it looks like something my friends would really enjoy.

SU&SD did a playthrough stream if that'd help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCEGyBbL568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't think I've ever seen my interest in something rise faster ('space horror RPG') and fall faster ('compatible with Starfinder') in a Kickstarter description.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Internet friends are kickstarting their second game Sensor Ghosts, plus a small expansion for their first game Assembly, both are Sci-Fi Coop Puzzle Games.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Bad Squiddo Games launches Amazons and Dwarves at 6pm tonight!

LINK
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/152022235?ref=839753&token=e8874e9c

"The Dwarves are equipped for dungeon exploring or perhaps smaller skirmish games like Frostgrave and Open Combat. The Amazons have various historical references in there but are fantasy for pure “rule of cool”, they’d work well in “history lite” ancients games as well as similar fantasy. A new SAGA warband for Age of Magic perhaps mixed in with some plastic troops…"

TheDiceBagLady fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 29, 2019

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Bad Squiddo Games launches Amazons and Dwarves at 6pm tonight!

Yay! Will check this out. I actually used your site as a reference and for a quote for an academic chapter on feminist wargames I wrote recently. Glad to see you churning out more stuff.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
wow thanks nesbit! Honoured!

Also

WE'RE LIVE, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

£1300 ALREADY!

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Shared on the local ladies' RPG discord since everyone there is always looking for minis.

This is probably the most niche thing ever, but: Any plans for bearded minis or heads? 5e can suck it and my lady dwarf paladin definitely has a beautifully braided full beard.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Not yet I'm afraid! So many plans, so little budget. Hence.... Kickstarters! Woooo!

We unlocked Norbert!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/amazons-and-dwarves-quality-28mm-female-miniatures

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

apologies for LARGE BOI IMAGE

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
@TheDiceBagLady I know kickstarter stretch goals are typically planned out, at least mostly, before the campaign, but an amazing one (or an addon) would be a sprue of beards and/or other facial hair people can just glue onto the faces of their dwarf ladies if they desire for instant bearded dwarf ladies.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Internet friends are kickstarting their second game Sensor Ghosts, plus a small expansion for their first game Assembly, both are Sci-Fi Coop Puzzle Games.

Assembly was fun, and their PnPs are decent if you are in a bad shipping location.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/amazons-and-dwarves-quality-28mm-female-miniatures

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh dear. The amazon children are adorable!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh drat, those peegasi are adorable.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

New update, with more stretch goals added....

including a....noogie!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/amazons-and-dwarves-quality-28mm-female-miniatures/posts/2526131

and the Ranger is painted!

ALSO YOU WILL TOTES LOVE THE BEST VIGNETTE EVER TM

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like it's logical to have a "I don't particularly want any rewards, but I do want to give you a large amount of money" tier even if the only person who's likely to choose it is your parents.

Every KS already has that. You can select the “pledge without a reward” button and enter whatever number you’d like. I’ve used it a few times where I wasn’t interested in the rewards.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Some sneak peaks of some cracking new stretch goals! Should have some more pictures by this evening.

We've added a dwarf with Wolverine style sideburns, based on someone I know (she loves it!)

Also, I should be live streaming painting one of the dwarfs tonight from Kickstarter LIVE, do come along! (8pm is the plan!)

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Chip Theory Games are doing another Too Many Bones Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chiptheorygames/too-many-bones-splice-and-dice-series-reprint?ref=user_menu

Short project, focusing on an expansion with several bosses and a build-a-boss mechanic (also a multi-character playable character), but also opportunities to get all previous (gameplay) products and a custom storage chest.

It's expensive - a lot of custom dice, chips, mats, and so on - but I've heard a lot of praise for the design.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm going to be involved in a Kickstarter later this month and I figured some of you might be interested. It's called the Roleplayer's Guide To Heists. It's a system agnostic collection of around 25~ heist write ups for use in any RPG, across a bunch of settings and genres. They'll all be illustrated both with a map and a bunch of art of the loot and enemies and the like. I'm doing a lot of the admin and writing for this but it's a San Jenaro Co-Op project - a kind of proto games design union experiment - profit sharing, fair pay, democratic decision making - that kind of thing.

I think this is gonna be really cool. We already have a preview PDF you can check out in the KS preview, maybe check it out? We'll be launching June 15th.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sanjenarocoop/1524050558?ref=839256&token=4316d029

Oh while I'm here, Americana is coming along real well, we're literally just waiting on the artist to churn out the pretty pictures. I'm hoping we get done this month, but we'll see. I'll post a proper update about that soonish. Here's a cool Dragon Undead teacher they just sent me to tide you all over.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
That Orc with the retainer is amazing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Mörk Borg is up, it looks like another style-over-substance D20 OSR. But if your style is over the top black metal, there you go!

I'm not sure if any of the creators are wretched poo poo-people though. I've only seen Patrick Stewart's name before, and I think he got OK eventually.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
30-odd days ago 'clockwork publishing' finished their crowdfunder on game on tabletop getting just under $40k

Today they announced bankruptcy

https://www.gameontabletop.com/cf189/dark-conspiracy-a-roleplaying-game-of-supernatural-horror.html#item-updates-3590

PST fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 6, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

...that's a pretty short turnaround time on a Kickstarter scam.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Perhaps they were taken down by a...Dark Conspiracy.

...sorry, i haven't had any coffee yet. carry on

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Mors Rattus posted:

...that's a pretty short turnaround time on a Kickstarter scam.

It´s unlikely to be a scam. The company behind it, Uhrwerk Verlag, is a known and for a time, well, was rather successful in publishing a number of independent or different rpgs, and according to the german news they´ve given out the bankruptcy is declared due to "unforeseen events". This sucks considering that they had a number of successful kickstarters the past 6 months, Forbidden Lands in german among them as well.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Mr.Misfit posted:

"unforeseen events".

I'm betting on something 'unforseen' such as paying their taxes.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

moths posted:

Mörk Borg is up, it looks like another style-over-substance D20 OSR. But if your style is over the top black metal, there you go!

I'm not sure if any of the creators are wretched poo poo-people though. I've only seen Patrick Stewart's name before, and I think he got OK eventually.
I backed it, if only because I love small games like this, love the art, and the metal they put in their playlist for the game was fun.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Does anyone have any Too Many Bones takes? It's a big price-point but I'm certainly curious.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Memnaelar posted:

Does anyone have any Too Many Bones takes? It's a big price-point but I'm certainly curious.

First off, amazing components, at least in terms of production value. Lots of well made dice, thick sturdy tokens and chips, and playmats for characters and battle maps. There's very little of the game that isn't designed to be sturdy and long-lasting. Some people like the art, some don't. I didn't mind it. Has a painterly look.

It's a heavily tactile game. Dice are used to keep track of all your stats and abilities, and you roll other dice during combat. Chips are used to represent characters and enemies and other things. Combat is streamlined and everything moves pretty quickly, after the initial learning period which can take a little while, and the maps you fight on are relatively small, so battles don't drag on too long.

There are skill trees for each character so part of the fun is speccing out your particular build. Characters have a good amount of variation in how they each work.

I liked playing it and would play again, but at the same time, it's not a game I feel the need to own, considering the cost. When you boil the gameplay down, it's not all that groundbreaking, but it's tight enough and it offers that kind of ongoing adventure experience. You can definitely see where the money goes when you've got all the pieces and dice in your hands.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 6, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah the cost of Too Many Bones is just Too Much Money, but wish them all the success in the world.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Didn't see this posted yet, but there's an Iron Clays Kickstarter. Get a set of 100 for around $40 US.
http://kck.st/2MpHsuA

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

The thing that got me interested was Tom Chick saying it had the most distinct characters of any of this sort of adventuring tabletop game he'd played (and he's played a bunch). That's something I value very highly.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Unbroken is supposedly shipping in the US... via media mail.

Which is very not what media mail is for. Boardgames are actually explicitly not allowed. I'm sure when they send thousands of packages media mail, no one will question it. They supposedly talked to a person in USPS to okay it, but... it sounds dubious.

Golden Bell Studios, which is running the production and distribution (or somesuch) needs some communication lessons really: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1227872561/unbroken-a-solo-game-of-survival-and-revenge/comments

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Golden Bell has a pretty bad rep:

You have all heard of the Golden Bell fiasco where backers were charged 'incorrect' shipping and then they sent out an oddly worded email to late backers asking for more money.

They then shifted the blame all onto another person (the original KS creator Artem) and said it was all done before Golden Bell came on board.

However backers of another campaign of Golden Bell's have just recieved a similar worded email asking for more money just.

So my question is if Unbroken was Artem's fault then why is there a similar mistake on another campaign.

While we don’t want to smear anyone’s reputation the facts for this speak for themselves.

Email in first comment.

Hello fellow Lunarbaboon Backer!

Andy here at Golden Bell Studios. You're getting this email for one of three very important reasons so please read carefully below when you have a few moments to spare! I'm bringing some phenomenal news, the Anxiety Trolls for Lunarbaboon have JUST landed and are READY TO SHIP at our Warehouse!!!! Now for the three categories...

1) SHIPPING: It looks like we made a boo-boo. We incorrectly thought that that shipping price would be $5 for the Anxiety Troll, but when we increased the size of the Plush, the weight pushed it over the limit and now we're sitting at a $10.95 shipping charge. We ask but are NOT requiring anyone to pay more than what they paid for, but if you are able to help us cover those extra shipping expenses we'd greatly appreciate it! You can paypal this to marc@goldenbellstudios.com NOTE: For International Shipping the Price was totally underestimated by $15. The total should have been $25 not $10

2) ADDING AN ANXIETY TROLL: If you got any of the other reward tiers for Lunarbaboon, those will be shipping this summer, but we are hoping that you will consider to pick up an Anxiety Troll if you haven't already. We are still offering backers the special Kickstarter price of $25 and the shipping is $10.95 but we will accept taking a loss on shipping as it is only fair to the Kickstarter community that we would do what we promised even if we make nothing on those sales. If you want to add a troll paypal Marc@GoldenBellStudios.com with an Anxiety Troll note and your address! NOTE: For International Shipping the Price was totally underestimated by $15. The total should have been $25 not $10

3) SEPARATING SHIPMENTS: If you are a backer that already got the Anxiety Troll but are an all-star pledger that got the Anxiety Troll + either the Lunarbaboon Books or Game, we hope that you will consider separating your shipment to get this treasure earlier than this summer for the books! We are also offering this at the $5 even if it's at a loss so that you can get your new favorite toy early! We of course are requesting the full shipping amount of $10.95 which doesn't even include the warehousing fees or packaging but we want you to enjoy this. You can paypal this extra to marc@Goldenbellstudios.com NOTE: For International Shipping the Price was totally underestimated by $15. The total should have been $25 not $10

Also if ANYONE would like a crazy special discount on any of our other products like Pretending to Grownup, Marshfellows, or Unbroken you can find them on https://www.goldenbelldirect.com then email me and I'll send you a coupon code to ship you everything together! Please let me know if you have any questions and once again we all appreciate your support here!

Thanks,
Andy

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

My box of many 15mm French miniatures has supposedly arrived. The Joan of Arc 15mm mini game. Will give a mini trip report on the contents tomorrow. Anyone else back this?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I picked it up yesterday from a local that had buyers remorse. I was interested in the game but couldn't back while it was live. I love smaller scales, I have a ton of 10mm lord of the rings stuff.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

My box of many 15mm French miniatures has supposedly arrived. The Joan of Arc 15mm mini game. Will give a mini trip report on the contents tomorrow. Anyone else back this?

A friend of mine did, I've only gotten to see the minis though.

Henker
May 5, 2009

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I did; honestly I'm regretting it a little. Mostly because I've since found my friends don't really like playing games with long setup times, so I'm staring at this huge box of minis and asking myself, "when the hell am I actually going to get a chance to play this?"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ravendas posted:

Unbroken is supposedly shipping in the US... via media mail.
they are going to get dunked on by USPS rejecting all of their shipments and not refunding the payments because gently caress you you tried to game(lol) the system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

they are going to get dunked on by USPS rejecting all of their shipments and not refunding the payments because gently caress you you tried to game(lol) the system

They're even claiming that the packages are sent over opened, so they can look in them all and put that Inspected stamp on it, so it doesn't get inspected at the end location. It almost always gets inspected at one side or another, and if it's at the delivery side, the receiver has to pay the difference in what should have been paid.

So, they either bribed a person, got a waiver which seems sketchy, or are going to en masse Payment Due'd thousands of people.