Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Sinteres posted:

I hope Scott lets that bit die this year. It's pretty firmly in :regd08: territory.

Old Swerdlow posted:

I wish Scott would go back to just using “What’s Up Hotdog?”, I’ve hated every user submission.

yorkinshire posted:

Bring back jukebox jury

Sinteres posted:

I liked Would You Rather? when it was a little more grounded. It was always weird, but as it went on the scenarios got a lot more involved with a bunch of lolrandom poo poo thrown in, and I just stopped paying attention after a while since it felt like nonsense that went on forever.

Seconding all of these. Also, maybe he needs to lighten up on the "Scott Aukerman" clueless talk show host persona.

Having said that, I still listen to and enjoy every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Even the remix couldn't save this closing up the plugs bag theme. Funny how the person tried to remove all mentions of 'opening', but it's a mess.

The Mr Fastidious remix slaps though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Hearing Scott turn on his own audience... That's quality content

I very much enjoyed listening to Scott lose it a bit when Lapkus and PFT kept interrupting him on Threedom a couple weeks ago.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally catching up with this week's episode. Who on earth wants to listen to Mike Hanford singing? It sounds like he's doing a parody of a bad country singer.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

feedmyleg posted:

Finally catching up with this week's episode. Who on earth wants to listen to Mike Hanford singing? It sounds like he's doing a parody of a bad country singer.
Isn't the singer Tim Kalpakis on all the tracks?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

mlmp08 posted:

I very much enjoyed listening to Scott lose it a bit when Lapkus and PFT kept interrupting him on Threedom a couple weeks ago.

I was honestly really surprised he was the first one to lose his poo poo on that show, I had them seeded as 1. PFT, 2. LL with the Choctaw bringing up the rear as the one who usually seems to do the frustrating, not be the frustrated. We all have our days tho I guess

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Mike definitely sang at least one, and Scott made a crack about how they switch off every other song but never have multiple vocalists on a single track.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

feedmyleg posted:

It's a real band.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Think you mighta missed the joke vis-a-vis that track

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Fair enough. I got like 20 second into it and skipped ahead. I mean, I know they're a real band, of course. But I couldn't imagine listening to that for 3 minutes no matter what the lyrics.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Fair enough. I got like 20 second into it and skipped ahead. I mean, I know they're a real band, of course. But I couldn't imagine listening to that for 3 minutes no matter what the lyrics.

Lol, that's too funny, because at the start I thought "ugggh this is kind of a slog" but then when he starts listing bands, it gets very gewd. This super nostalgiac song about the good ol' days of Avril Lavigne and Hoobastank is a very funny bit.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

The singing was terrible, but the lyrics and concept were the ones I liked the best that episode.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
For what it’s worth I didn’t like the band and skipped through most of their tunes the first time they were on but this time I dug it, so it might just need to sink in a bit.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

A hallmark of musical comedy is the singer has got some pipes.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Speaking of musical comedy, today's episode is very loving funny. the Roger Stone song is incredible

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Speaking of musical comedy, today's episode is very loving funny. the Roger Stone song is incredible

It also disproves the comment above yours.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Seth Green's movie looks like a hunk of crap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n89-JZun6Gs

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is it just me or do a lot of the movies that get promoted on CBB get limited releases or straight to VOD? Zooks had one a few months ago too I think.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Seems fine to me, what were you expecting based on the description?

Inspector 34 posted:

Is it just me or do a lot of the movies that get promoted on CBB get limited releases or straight to VOD? Zooks had one a few months ago too I think.

Yeah, I'm not sure even the biggest Podcast has enough listeners to garner big budget film promotions, much less relatively obscure alt comedy podcasts.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

The color coding is pretty bad in some spots, but it looks well-shot despite that.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
you look like a hunk of crap

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shoulda said seems instead of looks.

ElCondemn posted:

Seems fine to me, what were you expecting based on the description?

It sounded potentially interesting, but this saccharine, flat, painfully sincere, unfunny trailer completely unsold me.
I have a suspicion that they cut the trailer to be as broad reaching as possible, and there might be some edge they're not showing. I dunno if you get Macaulay Culkin in just to deliver some trite inspirational lines.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"Roger Stone and Memes" is completely stuck in my head.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Inspector 34 posted:

You mean that little indie flick, John Wick 3?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Inspector 34 posted:

I imagine you're not really getting a huge audience pull out of a niche alt-comedy podcast. It's not like CBB is on the standard press docket.

Also, it's not like many huge stars could A) understand the flow of the show enough to make it work and B) would even want to do a whole hour plus in which they have to give full commitment to a bit in the middle of an exhausting press tour. Of the few bigger names that come to mind, Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen I guess? In his Parks and Rec days Chris Pratt may have been into it, but those days are probably gone.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah that all makes sense and don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to say this is a good or bad thing. I was just making an observation and didn't give it much thought beyond that.

As far as Mantzoukas I was referring to The Long Dumb Road, which I guess was more than just a few months ago, not JW3.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

As far as Mantzoukas I was referring to The Long Dumb Road, which I guess was more than just a few months ago, not JW3.

I know, I was just joshing. It just tickled me that he happened to be in this big movie now.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I know, I was just joshing. It just tickled me that he happened to be in this big movie now.

I did think it was funny how the "joke" about his character saying "Tick-tock, Mr. Wick" turned out to be true.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

I did think it was funny how the "joke" about his character saying "Tick-tock, Mr. Wick" turned out to be true.

Ha, I had to Google to double-check that he really is in the movie for reals (not seen it yet) because it seemed like such a bit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Chairman Capone posted:

He said it in the trailer for the movie. The joke was more that his character was called The Tick Tock Man, which seems to now be what he's credited as on Wikipedia.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Do they get him to tell a harlequin to repent, at any point, in the movie or the ep?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SpacePig posted:

He said it in the trailer for the movie. The joke was more that his character was called The Tick Tock Man, which seems to now be what he's credited as on Wikipedia.

Also not a joke

https://twitter.com/JohnWickMovie/status/998608152978276353

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Is that the fake chairman from Iron Chef America

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It is, he's fantastic in the movie too :)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

mennoknight posted:

He even plays a chef in John Wick (and that's also not a joke, either)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mennoknight posted:

Yep

The director did an interview with EW explaining 'Zouks being cast: basically, the production reached out to any moderately well-known actor who was in NYC while they were filming saying "Hey, we need to fill minor roles for John Wick 3, you'll do 2 or 3 days of shooting; interested?" Jason was one of the enthusiastic "Yes" replies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just came across this track, and boy does it feel like something right out of martin Sheffield Lickly's wheelhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6WIbx8ysE

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Always hated that song, especially the line "it's hard to be lucky in love". You either are lucky or you aren't, there's no "hard" about it.

But yes, the dude does sound like Lickly.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Always hated that song, especially the line "it's hard to be lucky in love". You either are lucky or you aren't, there's no "hard" about it.

But yes, the dude does sound like Lickly.

That's a classic 80s banger, but if it makes you feel better they never charted again outside of Australia after their first album and immediately faded into obscurity. Even their biggest hit was widely mislabeled as being by Softcell during the heyday of mp3 file sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

there were a whole lot of synth pop songs back in the 80s that are indistinguishable from him, even down to the vocals sounding like he's singing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI