Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I let my account lapse and I started up again to try out the game again and gently caress im lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

There is one notable exception to this: There's never been a craftable version of the Dreadwyrm weapons, so you'll have to do T13 if you want those.

But yeah, literally every piece of level 50 content except T6 Savage, T8 Savage, and T9 Normal is soloable by at least one job in the game.

Can anyone solo that one dungeon with the big zombie Goobbu that eats you?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Any job with good enough burst to kill it before it does so, or SCH, since the attack only does your max HP, so you can Adlo through it.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Never forget the festering heart of stupid evil that is the core of 1.0 they had to build off of.

Someone post the quote about the flower pots that had the same amount of polygons as player characters.

*whispers into your ear* They didn't have to build off of it...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Captain Cappy posted:

Yes they did, because Square Enix told them to.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Yeah, you just need to burst it enough, which again, RDM is pretty good for.

The glamour change I want most (aside from the obvious more slots/plates) would be a mirror option for all gear/hair. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement right?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Cappy posted:

Yes they did you dipshit

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Yes they did, because Square Enix told them to.

Square Enix told Square Enix they had to build off of it, so Square Enix really had no choice in the matter.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Captain Cappy posted:

Square Enix told Square Enix they had to build off of it, so Square Enix really had no choice in the matter.

They had eighteen months to build a new game with new systems out of the decaying corpse of 1.0. Are you really intimating that they should've whipped up an entirely new MMO in eighteen months?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

They had eighteen months to build a new game with new systems out of the decaying corpse of 1.0. Are you really intimating that they should've whipped up an entirely new MMO in eighteen months?
How hard could it be? Just code up a new game real quick. Clackity-clack on that keyboard and make me a better video game ya nerds.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah it probably would have even been done by now if they started from scratch.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

All roulettes are 1/day for the bonus.

I meant like is the XP from MSQ roulette worth doing after the bonus if you are still leveling?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Vanderdeath posted:

Square Enix told Square Enix there was only eighteen months to make the new game, so Square Enix really had no choice in the matter.

Also sure, they wanted to start making cash again because they're a greedy rear end business, but their lovely work nine friggin years ago should not be used as a valid excuse for why the game is lovely now. Especially when this game is gonna run for another decade.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

I meant like is the XP from MSQ roulette worth doing after the bonus if you are still leveling?

God no.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FuzzySlippers posted:

The dungeons/MSQ dungeons themselves don't give much, so it's all in the roulette bonus. You get decent XP regardless of level if you run your highest level dungeon, but running roulettes after your bonus generally isn't worth it.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

50/60 dungeons give like no XP I think so don't run those. If you're level 50 exactly then Aurum Vale is still decent XP and can get you to 51 so you can start running Cold Vigil.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Thanks good to know. My current DPS leveling strategy is mostly just log in once a day to do my roulettes but if I feel like grinding a bit this weekend I'll probably do HoH.

I dungeon leveled on tank/healer but that'd probably be pretty miserable on a DPS with the queue times.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

Thanks good to know. My current DPS leveling strategy is mostly just log in once a day to do my roulettes but if I feel like grinding a bit this weekend I'll probably do HoH.

If you level your Grand Company squadron you can level to 60 decently that way, but it can take a while to get them leveled up. Not sure if they're going away with trusts or whatever, but consider leveling them up if you make another character.

FuzzySlippers posted:

I dungeon leveled on tank/healer but that'd probably be pretty miserable on a DPS with the queue times.

It's not too bad since you can do a few other things while waiting for the queue, like leveling gatherers/crafters or staring at catgirls.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 7, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The Black Stones posted:

If someone can make it to aetheryte just let them attune. It makes Pagos so lovely because you have to beg for rides and hope they’re willing to cart you around without any teleporting until you hit 23 where it becomes even slightly bearable and not bad at 25.

It used to require 30 and 32 instead of 23 and 25. YOU HAVE IT EASY AND IT HAS MADE YOU SOFT.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How expensive is it to get the things that let you dye the Wyrm set armor? I’m approaching level 50, and kind of want to be a white Dragoon.

I’m Cid Justice in DGKK if there’s anyone that can help.

Game is addicting as gently caress. Been grinding dungeons to get the Sleipnir barding for my chocobo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Captain Cappy posted:

Square Enix told Square Enix there was only eighteen months to make the new game, so Square Enix really had no choice in the matter.

Also sure, they wanted to start making cash again because they're a greedy rear end business, but their lovely work nine friggin years ago should not be used as a valid excuse for why the game is lovely now. Especially when this game is gonna run for another decade.

I was curious what was going on with your post and then went back and saw that you're just a chronic shitposter. Feel free to gently caress off.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jeez you guys I just wanted a picture about flower pots and look what happened.

Posting it anyway because reading about the shitshow that was 1.0 always makes me giggle.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Posting it anyway because reading about the shitshow that was 1.0 always makes me giggle.

"Well this ship is sinking so I'm gonna pad my resume with the most beautiful barrel/flower pot ever seen."

Also, it might just be a bad screenshot but it doesn't even look good lmao.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Makes me think of the infamous Daikatana arrow texture

Such a beauty needed all that resolution

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Now that I'm starting to get more classes to 70 I gotta figure out good glamours for roes

I'm currently using (all with Elegant Rimless Glasses):

Caster (Shire)

Ranged DPS (Shire)

Melee DPS (that set from MSQ)

Tank (WoD Tank set)

Healer (Midan Coat of Healing)

I like the coat, but I am iffy on the collar...but I think I found a workaround

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well should be trivial. I got the other birds fairly easily. Bismark appropriately is my white whale. 80 totems and counting. It's faster at this point for me to grind to 99 totems than go for moogle tomes probably.

Hello fellow Bismarck suffering friend. I started grinding for that bird before they added the 99 totems -> mount system. And since I determined I didn't want any of the weapons for glam or gearing up alts, I did what I always do with things that clog up my inventory: discard them. All in all, I've probably cleared Whale EX over 150 times.

Worth it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Can anyone solo that one dungeon with the big zombie Goobbu that eats you?

Yeah that one's easy, I soloed it as DRG at 60.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

It used to require 30 and 32 instead of 23 and 25. YOU HAVE IT EASY AND IT HAS MADE YOU SOFT.

Stop that, dude.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Stop that, dude.
I feel like they were joking.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Allow me to offer a contrasting opinion: Yes!

If you have the time for them, that is. Praetorium takes a long drat time and Castrum takes just a little less but if you're ethically okay with being a lovely DPS then they are completely mindless. You can just run up and mash a combo through most fights and mess around on your phone or PC until the cutscenes are over and you get half a level or more for it in the end. It is not at all the most efficient method of leveling but I am a terrible person so I will take the slow easy XP over the faster XP that requires effort and engagement.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Captain Cappy posted:

You're conflating the people who actually write code with the people who make strategic decisions for some reason.

On a completely different note: I finally finished a Pagos weapon. Got to Pyros and found out that I need to be 41 to unlock all the aetherytes, but I'm only 38. Seriously unsure if I want to go to Pagos again to try and amass enough XP to hit that.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 7, 2019

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I feel like they were joking.

Allow me to offer a contrasting opinion: Yes!

If you have the time for them, that is. Praetorium takes a long drat time and Castrum takes just a little less but if you're ethically okay with being a lovely DPS then they are completely mindless. You can just run up and mash a combo through most fights and mess around on your phone or PC until the cutscenes are over and you get half a level or more for it in the end. It is not at all the most efficient method of leveling but I am a terrible person so I will take the slow easy XP over the faster XP that requires effort and engagement.

You get half a level from Praetorium if you have the roulette bonus, you sure as heck don't get close to that without?

MSQ roulette Praetorium got me about 5.6 million xp at level 69 and 4.7 million of that was the roulette bonus.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

aers posted:

You get half a level from Praetorium if you have the roulette bonus, you sure as heck don't get close to that without?

MSQ roulette Praetorium got me about 5.6 million xp at level 69 and 4.7 million of that was the roulette bonus.
That's my lack of reading comprehension sorry, I somehow missed "After the bonus" in that question. Yeah it's completely worthless without the bonus.

EDIT: I've never had a house or even cared to have one so I never felt the allure of orchestrion rolls. There are entirely too many minions, including some locked behind exclusive events and merchandise, so I've never wanted to have all of those. Back during the ARR and early Heavensward days, I spent some time trying to have all the mounts but Ravana Ex ultimately killed that dream.

I thought, perhaps, if nothing else I should have all of the Emotes. So I've been dutifully doing daily Frontlines roulettes only to stumble by chance today upon some emotes locked behind Mythic Clan Mark Logs.

I've decided I don't really want anymore.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 7, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cabbit posted:

You're conflating the people who actually write code with the people who make strategic decisions for some reason.

More than that, "delay the release of the new version of the game for a longer time in order to completely redo the entire codebase" wasn't really an option. SE was hemorrhaging money at the time; a protracted development period on a core product under such conditions would simply not have been viable.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

On a completely different note: I finally finished a Pagos weapon. Got to Pyros and found out that I need to be 41 to unlock all the aetherytes, but I'm only 38. Seriously unsure if I want to go to Pagos again to try and amass enough XP to hit that.

You’ll get far more xp from a pyros fate you’re under leveled for than a pagos fate, no need to go back

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Eureka is actively eroding my will to live.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Vermain posted:

More than that, "delay the release of the new version of the game for a longer time in order to completely redo the entire codebase" wasn't really an option. SE was hemorrhaging money at the time; a protracted development period on a core product under such conditions would simply not have been viable.

moreover it wasn’t really necessary to start from scratch since a lot of 1.0 was serviceable even without 1000 poly barrels

even if they did start from scratch tho with the time constraints of game dev they’d just be replacing old jank with new jank anyway

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

this is almost certainly extremely difficult to do at this point in the development and would be a lot of time and money for basically nothing

We're talking about a game that has to keep creating workarounds to create more inventory space "new gear slot" is not going to be just adding a couple of lines of code and calling it a day

As far as inventory space goes, SE should really just give us 2-3 more retainers for free instead of making us pay for it.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
An additional retainer per expac, boom. Can have a little quest to go get your new gofer in the new land, yadda.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Eureka is actively eroding my will to live.
I think that's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I realized last night that cryptic seals and damascene cloths go for a lot cheaper than they used to so if you were looking at a kirin's osode or vermillion cloak to complete your boomer outfit it might be a good time to jump on it