Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I just crafted three of them.

You can craft rare polearms at Haedrig, then upgrade them to Legendaries in the cube for 25 DB each, and you can get a good 60-70 DB at least from T13 rifts even without the Sage's set, so even if you get bad RNG with the upgrades, it's still better odds than waiting for a drop. They work just as well as dropped Bardiches for opening portals.

I got got a 59 million gold streak in Not The Cow Level. Yay for more stash space!

More generally I don't think crafting polearms hoping to get to the cow level is worth the materials. It's more of a neat bonus on something that would otherwise be junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

More generally I don't think crafting polearms hoping to get to the cow level is worth the materials. It's more of a neat bonus on something that would otherwise be junk.

Do you know how rare an outcome the Bardiche is when upgrading a rare? Maybe I just got lucky and the next 97 rares I would have upgraded would have been something else. But if it is close to a 20% chance, I'll say that it's probably worth it, given all the high-quality chests in the area. I guess it depends on how starved you find yourself for DB's.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
It's 1 in 3 on Crusader. I normally craft them for the 2 guaranteed pools and ignore chests

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Do you know how rare an outcome the Bardiche is when upgrading a rare? Maybe I just got lucky and the next 97 rares I would have upgraded would have been something else. But if it is close to a 20% chance, I'll say that it's probably worth it, given all the high-quality chests in the area. I guess it depends on how starved you find yourself for DB's.

What exactly are you gaining from running the cow level? You need to factor in the time it takes to run it, during which you could've just done a regular rift or GR. Cow level is good for getting some crafting mats but I really don't think it's worth crafting upgrading a polearm for.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm playing through the season, about GR20ish, and I'm looking for another ancient weapon. My barb found I think a Corrupted Ashbringer that seems pretty cool but I've been running with an one-handed ancient for a while now. Is there a way to roll a legendary into an ancient, or if it's not an ancient when I find it should I shelve it? With one ancient weapon and no set bonus I'm tearing through T4 but it's so reliant on this weapon that I know I could do better.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

bamhand posted:

What exactly are you gaining from running the cow level? You need to factor in the time it takes to run it, during which you could've just done a regular rift or GR. Cow level is good for getting some crafting mats but I really don't think it's worth crafting upgrading a polearm for.

Avarice, since that's what the context of the discussion on the last page was. Some people suggested doing the cow level for Avarice, others complained that the polearm is a rare drop for many classes or that they haven't seen one in a few seasons. I suggested trying to craft the polearm.

It's simple, and it's doable if you have trouble or lack gear for T16. (For example, me - my wizard's gear is fine for T13-14, but no decent upgrades have dropped for me in quite a long time and I'm wearing some ancients that don't synergize well just because they're ancient.)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Every upgrade has the same chance of any other upgrade which is 1/total.items.in.pool. There are no weights given for any other behavior or frequency. So a 1/10 will always be a 1/10 each time you click to upgrade.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought some items were still more rare than others? Not to the degree they were before but I recall some items are still twice as rare as others of the same type.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My memory is that somewhere around Necro or beyond they normalized the rates. If I remembered wrong then what I said is adjusted as such:

An upgrade in the cube is treated the same as if that item type were to drop for your character in the game (in this context pole arms). Each upgrade is treated independently of all other upgrades and will always have the same statistical probability of being whatever legendary from that pool, per the weights set by the devs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Found the current drop rates:
https://www.d3planner.com/game/58979/kadala
There are a few items that are 2-4x rarer than others but for the most part things are evenly weighted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sources: Blizzard Cancels StarCraft First-Person Shooter To Focus On Diablo 4 And Overwatch 2

Blizzard told the team that Ares was getting axed (alongside a second unannounced mobile project) so that the company could move many of them to the upcoming Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, both of which are expected to be Blizzard’s marquee announcements at this year’s BlizzCon.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Excited to see how they make diablo suck more thru monetization

Like I want to be optimistic but after the last ten years (both of Blizzard specifically and games in general), why would I be?

Diablo 2 and 3 are still real good games though. I will be happy to be proven wrong about 4.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given that they trashed the rmah for diablo 3 and freely talk about it being a bad thing for the game they're not going to go anywhere near that level of lovely monetization again

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

flatluigi posted:

given that they trashed the rmah for diablo 3 and freely talk about it being a bad thing for the game they're not going to go anywhere near that level of lovely monetization again

Mtx can be plenty pernicious enough.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Beasteh posted:

Going from Jade WD to Multishot DH is night and day in power and clear speeds, I barely have to think and things just die from off screen as opposed to having to get all up in enemies grills and risking getting owned

I just did the same thing, but I switched from archon wiz. I just power leveled one to do the 6 sets at gr55 conquest. I barley strung together the appropriate parts on the DH and I'm clearing faster without even thinking. I dont even have anything in the cube or the right gems OR a socketed weapon yet! I like my archon build and it can run decently, but not as fast or as simple as multi shot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d rather they just charge $120 for it and free themselves from monetization but that ship has sailed

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ZombieCrew posted:

I just did the same thing, but I switched from archon wiz. I just power leveled one to do the 6 sets at gr55 conquest. I barley strung together the appropriate parts on the DH and I'm clearing faster without even thinking. I dont even have anything in the cube or the right gems OR a socketed weapon yet! I like my archon build and it can run decently, but not as fast or as simple as multi shot.

Multishot and Bellmonk kinda ruined other classes for me because of how much more efficient they are timewise.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Multishot and Bellmonk kinda ruined other classes for me because of how much more efficient they are timewise.

Same

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
For me, the problem with MS and bells is that they're boring in their efficiency. I want to play other things, because holding right click, dashing, and occasionally tapping your cooldown gets really dull, but it's also frustrating to play something more involved that struggles more to do the same difficulty... and also does it slower.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

bio347 posted:

For me, the problem with MS and bells is that they're boring in their efficiency. I want to play other things, because holding right click, dashing, and occasionally tapping your cooldown gets really dull, but it's also frustrating to play something more involved that struggles more to do the same difficulty... and also does it slower.

They might be a bit boring, but right now it's the new hot thing I wish I started with. I got bored with WW barb last season, but it was fun trying to get perfect gear to push for another GR level. The only way I could do that without it feeling like an absolute grind was 2 to 3 minute clears at GR 75 or 80. It was efficient and I could get mats for whatever I wanted pretty quick. Wish torment 16 was around last season for the DBs.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

re: Bovine Bardiche discussion, one of the reasons I'm happy to roll with a WoL monk whenever they get a Haedrigs set for it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

flatluigi posted:

But there's poo poo like RMT for XP or drop rate boosts, loot boxes that drop cosmetic or game items, stash tabs, character slots, etc...

Greed knows no bounds, especially when it comes to corps like Activision.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

They're going to take what works from Heroes of the Storm and apply it to Diablo 4. We'll get transmog sets, bonus "gold" drops, buy packs of blood shards to use on in game stuff. Loot boxes that have items won't be a thing, but they will contain cosmetics.

edit: Mounts for Diablo 4.

Zaffy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 7, 2019

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

"Diablo 3 in China: Cash for Stash Details Revealed
MAY 19, 2015 BY FLUX"

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/diablo-3-in-china-cash-for-stash-details-revealed

Imgur Galleries of Cashshop items from 2015

https://imgur.com/a/8MH2G

https://imgur.com/a/LuSgU

https://imgur.com/a/sO82p

Time is a flat circle.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

ZombieCrew posted:

2 to 3 minute clears at GR 75 or 80.

Yikes, sounds like an absolute grind.

Monks are pretty fast.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Im_Special posted:

Monks are pretty fast.

Lol, thanks for that.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm building up ancients to migrate from DH over to LoN bell monk because it looks fun as hell and I want to lean into the seasonal gimmick

Also ladymonk is badass

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Re: Bovine Bardiche. I hadn't seen the cow level so I tried what Stabby recommended and it worked like a charm. I crafted 3 lvl 70 polearms the upgraded them to legendaries at the cube. 2 out of 3 turned into Bovine Bardiches. I ran through it once and put the other in my stash, but it was incredibly easy once you have the mats. I don't know about the trade off of (rewards from the cow level)/(time to earn mats) but I think it's a consistent way of getting that weapon.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 7, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Diablo 3 in China is Free to play right

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

euphronius posted:

Diablo 3 in China is Free to play right

The base game is, but Reaper of Souls is not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaustik posted:

"Diablo 3 in China: Cash for Stash Details Revealed
MAY 19, 2015 BY FLUX"

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/diablo-3-in-china-cash-for-stash-details-revealed

Imgur Galleries of Cashshop items from 2015

https://imgur.com/a/8MH2G

https://imgur.com/a/LuSgU

https://imgur.com/a/sO82p

Time is a flat circle.

I don't get why America and Europe never got these cash shop items. I would gladly have bought them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man the LON season bonus makes alts ridiculously easy to level. Get an ancient weapon with a gem of ease in it and you’ll get to 70 in like an hour, at which point you can equip all sorts of random leftover garbage and still somehow make a very viable build

Helps to match the stat as well.

I now have a functioning endgame LON shield and LON condemn crusader and they use roughly all the same parts other than weapons

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Im_Special posted:

Monks are pretty fast.

Can you post approximately what build you use? I want this...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Beasteh posted:

I'm building up ancients to migrate from DH over to LoN bell monk because it looks fun as hell and I want to lean into the seasonal gimmick

Also ladymonk is badass

Yes. Yes she is. A bit of a shame none of the fist weapon transmogs look very good though.

I too am at the 'building up ancients' stage for monk. Started quite well in that department:

:getin:

Switched from SWK to Inna's 'cause of that - goodbye wind stacks, you won't be missed.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man the LON season bonus makes alts ridiculously easy to level. Get an ancient weapon with a gem of ease in it and you’ll get to 70 in like an hour, at which point you can equip all sorts of random leftover garbage and still somehow make a very viable build

Helps to match the stat as well.

I now have a functioning endgame LON shield and LON condemn crusader and they use roughly all the same parts other than weapons

While gem of ease is fun, it takes less than 10 minutes to powerlevel if you have a friend boosting you in lv70 t6 game.

There's also a trick to force the game to t16 for even faster boost if you have rebirths available. (Make a game with your main, invite a friend, leave game and rebirth your new alt -> forces your friend to be the party leader -> rejoin game as a lv1, the game stays t16)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If Diablo 4 does 1 and only 1 thing different from Diablo 3, please animate my character using the goddamn weapons in my goddamn hands.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

forkbucket posted:

Can you post approximately what build you use? I want this...

Sure thing, I pretty much just use a copy/paste of the popular LoN WoL build like this one. https://www.d3planner.com/269635565

But for GR speed and normal speedy things (bounties/regular rifting, etc.) I swap out Rabid Strike for In-geom for infinite dashing, and replace the Cyclone Bracers for Nemesis in my cube.

Here's where my gears at if your wondering, I'm better then I was since that picture too, so now I'm doing GF85's as my lowest, but I can still hit those 1:30 - 2 minute times. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Special-1633/hero/80566427

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 7, 2019

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Im_Special posted:

Sure thing, I pretty much just use a copy/paste of the popular LoN WoL build like this one. https://www.d3planner.com/269635565

But for GR speed and normal speedy things (bounties/regular rifting, etc.) I swap out Rabid Strike for In-geom for infinite dashing, and replace the Cyclone Bracers for Nemesis in my cube.

Here's where my gears at if your wondering, I'm better then I was since that picture too, so now I'm doing GF85's as my lowest, but I can still hit those 1:30 - 2 minute times. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Special-1633/hero/80566427

Awesome, thanks for this! I haven't really played a lot of monk so I don't have all the nuances down yet, this is very helpful :)

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
NP, your first goal is to just accumulate all the correct items, Cindercoat, etc. once you have them start replacing them slowly with ancient versions, all this damage stacking will escalate in no time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Im_Special posted:

NP, your first goal is to just accumulate all the correct items, Cindercoat, etc. once you have them start replacing them slowly with ancient versions, all this damage stacking will escalate in no time

imo, it's better to just start with whatever junk ancients you find (if you're forgoing a green set). a non-ancient cindercoat on it's own will be way less useful than say an ancient heart of iron (on its own). though soon enough with enough ancient gear, you'll get more of a power multiplier from a non-ancient synergistic piece than a random ancient (because the LoN bonus is additive, i.e., you get less of a relative power increase for each additional ancient piece).

(hope that's not too convoluted)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 8, 2019