Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Former DILF posted:

Use your imagination to make believe I didn’t gently caress it up

Oh I thought that was the real thing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

"How much capital does any of these people buying the bumper sticker actually have?" Is a question I feel is somewhat pertinent here.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Heartcatch posted:

"How much capital does any of these people buying the bumper sticker actually have?" Is a question I feel is somewhat pertinent here.

It's not how much they have right now. It's how much they believe they will have any day now.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

what's the quote/article about libertarianism only really appealing to failures? Like the truly rich can hide their money offshore, get lobbyists to rewrite the tax code, etc. Nobody is really touching their money, and the system is working as intended. It's the struggling small business owners that think they're John Galt.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I have a staunchly libertarian friend that is an unemployed 38 year old who mooches off his upper middle class parents and basically has his entire life. it’s like, oxymoron: the man.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

1redflag posted:

I have a staunchly libertarian friend that is an unemployed 38 year old who mooches off his upper middle class parents and basically has his entire life. it’s like, oxymoron: the man.

Oh, I'm sure it's just regulations and "the man" stopping him from unleashing his true entrepreneurial spirit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

1redflag posted:

more like moron: the man dohohoho

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/07/indiana-farmers-storms-trump-tariffs

quote:

“I understand what the president is trying to do,” said Williams. “I support him, I just wish it didn’t affect us so personally.”

Leopards strike again.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
the Guardian brought up a connection I haven't seen made before but makes sense to bring up: it is pretty flabbergasting to initiate a trade war while also trying to get your signature trade deal ratified

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

1redflag posted:

i work with a libertarian antivax guy. his wife's a nurse, he has some kids (one has some autism ofc)

oh and he's a veteran. our job? we design public infrastructure using government spending, strictly following many many government design requirements to do so

it's amazing that he head hasn't already imploded

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i work with a libertarian antivax guy. his wife's a nurse, he has some kids (one has some autism ofc)

oh and he's a veteran. our job? we design public infrastructure using government spending, strictly following many many government design requirements to do so

A lot of people treat their politics as a aesthetic rather than a system of beleifs

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
it's basically a universal rule that all libertarians are hypocrites. i have yet to talk to one that wasn't a mooch in some way

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lmao

Sounds like a lame version of Ron Swanson

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
at least my guy had the good grace to be embarrassed by gary johnson's dumb rear end

he (said that he) voted for jill stein

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

libertarian chud public worker is common.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

They're just bringing down the government from the inside!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

HobbitGrease posted:

the Guardian brought up a connection I haven't seen made before but makes sense to bring up: it is pretty flabbergasting to initiate a trade war while also trying to get your signature trade deal ratified

If you look at it from an angle of "power" rather than diplomacy, it makes sense from someone who has always sat from the former position and knows nothing about what actual negotiations entail.

Though this is just in a microcosm. US foreign policy has always operated without treating others as equals.

It's not as if anyone in the current administration will suffer for any of this, or have any personal consequences.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

makes sense, offload their duties to people not them then collect the same paycheck

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Suspicious posted:

it's basically a universal rule that all libertarians are hypocrites. i have yet to talk to one that wasn't a mooch in some way

euphronius posted:

Every libertarian I've ever met, online or IRL, has lived off of someone else's money - either government (federal contactor, county worker, military pension, NSF grant, or my favorite - state disability) or family (mom's basement, grandfather's fortune, spouse working full time with benefits).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FMguru posted:

Every libertarian I've ever met, online or IRL, has lived off of someone else's money - either government (federal contactor, county worker, military pension, NSF grant, or my favorite - state disability) or family (mom's basement, grandfather's fortune, spouse working full time with benefits).
i vaguely know a jordan peterson fan who works a lovely private-sector teaching job. his wife is a doctor. i really enjoy knowing how much he must hate that his wife makes comfortably 5x what he does

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the biggest libertarian chud I know is responsible for spending millions of annual public dollars lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

I know a self-described libertarian who actually makes a lot of money but like someone else said it's aesthetic. During election season he brought up that he's libertarian because he believes in personal freedom and then like 30 minutes later in another conversation he said something about how the government should limit the number of kids people can have. I know the guy well enough to call him out hard on that and he laughed it off and shut up about it.

I'm a former libertarian myself for a lot of the same reasons (aesthetics and hypocrisy, not birth limits). I even voted for Badnarik in 2004. I was a huge hypocrite and I'm really lucky/glad I was able to grow out of that.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

FMguru posted:

I knew one libertarian who was a federal contractor who was staunchly opposed to the government "handing out money" to "people who don't deserve it"

anyway, he was canned along with his entire team because the project they were on didn't produce anything in two years

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminds me of that guy the RNC brought up to speak in response to YOU DIDN'T BUILD IT who ranted about how he doesn't need no government and he's a self-made man, then it turned out his business was 100% just making signs for public, government built roads

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i was a dumbshit libertarian once

in highschool

and even then it was the dumbass 'like why do we need LAWS man' sort and not the gently caress you got mine sort

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My favorite American thing is believing you are a capitalist when you are just some dumb rear end in a top hat in debt

If you don't have people making money for you while you chill at home indefinitely, you are not a capitalist

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the only libertarian I've ever really known was one of my good friends growing up. He's 35 and still get a majority of support from mommy and daddy and hasn't held a real job before. He just sits and posts online about guns and freedom and libtards. he also had a gun go off while cleaning it and rip through our apartment wall next to my head while I was sleeping. I moved out a few months after that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

1redflag posted:

my proudest moment was getting a 60 year old libertarian to melt down in a public open air break room at work once with libertarian trolling 101 (you pay taxes to use public roads right)

he was talking about public schools and when I pointed it out he eventually started screaming WELL THEY'RE NOT MY KIDS

lol

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
this thread loving owns because the more intense the schad the more im reminded that exactly 100% of chuds who voted for him are going to vote for him again (minus the dead ones) even if their life was ruined, maybe even more fervently because their life was ruined. liberals are such cowards they keep pretending it's a matter of education, if we just show these good honest whites what trumop is REALLY like, how he REALLY ruined your life, they'll see the ligth and vote for [centrist rommel-esque rear end in a top hat]. the truth is they all voted for trump not because they were mislead but because they know exactly what kind of stupid gump he is and what he'll do and what evil he represents.

is there a site where we cna bet on this stuff because id like to make some more supersoldier serum for the team but those precursors are expensive man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

democracy is doomed. correct.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I keep telling people who run into threads screaming RURALS AREN'T THE PROBLEM to give me a breakdown by state of the rural vote percentage instead of national and I never get it :shrug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kitfox88 posted:

i was a dumbshit libertarian once

in highschool

and even then it was the dumbass 'like why do we need LAWS man' sort and not the gently caress you got mine sort

Same more or less now I'm a proper anarchist

Re: trade wars while angling for a deal, Trump's one move is hurting you until you capitulate to ease the pain, and then hurting you to test your loyalty

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

thehandtruck posted:

this thread loving owns because the more intense the schad the more im reminded that exactly 100% of chuds who voted for him are going to vote for him again (minus the dead ones) even if their life was ruined, maybe even more fervently because their life was ruined. liberals are such cowards they keep pretending it's a matter of education, if we just show these good honest whites what trumop is REALLY like, how he REALLY ruined your life, they'll see the ligth and vote for [centrist rommel-esque rear end in a top hat]. the truth is they all voted for trump not because they were mislead but because they know exactly what kind of stupid gump he is and what he'll do and what evil he represents.

is there a site where we cna bet on this stuff because id like to make some more supersoldier serum for the team but those precursors are expensive man

tbh I think the cathartic gawking we do in this thread is far less offensive or insulting than the liberal canard that Trump voters got tricked by the world's stupidest man

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

tbh I think the cathartic gawking we do in this thread is far less offensive or insulting than the liberal canard that Trump voters got tricked by the world's stupidest man

nobody got 'tricked' by trump, they're just angry that some of the poo poo they cheered him on for like concentration camps and loving over poors are also hurting them, instead of only hurting the 'right' people

really wish mainstream media would point this out whenever they go on chud safaris but :decorum:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

I keep telling people who run into threads screaming RURALS AREN'T THE PROBLEM to give me a breakdown by state of the rural vote percentage instead of national and I never get it :shrug:

gently caress the rurals, man

Farm Aid was a mistake

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the only libertarian I've ever really known was one of my good friends growing up. He's 35 and still get a majority of support from mommy and daddy and hasn't held a real job before. He just sits and posts online about guns and freedom and libtards. he also had a gun go off while cleaning it and rip through our apartment wall next to my head while I was sleeping. I moved out a few months after that.

i know one of those

late 30s, inherited a tiny apartment building near a chemical plant, spends his days doing the only job he's ever had before inheriting which is owner/operator of a small landscaping outfit (it's like 3-5 guys, he drives the mower - family bought him all the equipment for it ofc) since apparently landlording out there isn't too profitable

guy loooves his guns and, since his grandparents immigrated from mexico way back, really does not like "illegals" despite hiring them under the table to landscape. he alienated most of that friend group after sandy hook because he was extremely online about it for months. i don't doubt for a second that he's cheering on trump destroying his business

to swing it back toward the thread topic of self-owns, a few years ago a friend of mine's roommate allowed his libertarian proclivities to blind him to the need for a liquor license after opening a bar/venue

ofc that guy's the kinda libertarian that makes up some ultra-specific term for his ideology like anarcho-corporatist or whatever that allows him to separate himself from the more embarrassing libertarians while still complaining about how businesses are forced to serve black people. last i heard he was all-in on romney, so i'm sure he loves trump

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Jun 7, 2019

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Suburbs are worse than rurals.

Most chuds live in identical candy cutter houses and drive a 40 minute commute in a SUV to middle class jobs.

There are rural chuds, more than rural decent human beings.

But there are more suburban chuds than rural ones

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Suburbs are worse than rurals.

Most chuds live in identical candy cutter houses and drive a 40 minute commute in a SUV to middle class jobs.

There are rural chuds, more than rural decent human beings.

But there are more suburban chuds than rural ones

Yeah rurals know the system doens't work out for them and let themselves be fooled into blaming poor minorities. The system works for suburbians and they still want to gently caress up minorities.

Serf
May 5, 2011

it heavily depends on which part of the country you're in. down here in the south a lot of rurals are poor/minorities/poor minorities. i'm told that up north and out west it becomes largely white. but i went to a public high school in georgia with a 60/40 white/black population that is now more 40/40/20 white/black/hispanic (with a few asians and indians)

in 2016 my county had 10,000 people and only 3,000 voted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

thehandtruck posted:

Naw this isn't entirely true.
The chuds just won't ever vote for someone else.
What they might do though is not vote if they're depressed and sad enough. Though absolutely plenty will pull the red lever yes.