Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably yeah. What race did you go with? I picked Saiyan, because of course. I haven't played it in awhile, but my CaC main character is currently fused with SSJ3 Goku, she strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Manuel Calavera posted:

Probably yeah. What race did you go with? I picked Saiyan, because of course. I haven't played it in awhile, but my CaC main character is currently fused with SSJ3 Goku, she strong.

7 foot tall Saiyan lady named Aruga

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Majorca’s Mask

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
The 3ds is still alive boys.

Microsoft is making a dual screen surface.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18648919/microsoft-surface-dual-screen-centaurus-device-teaser

E. This concept art isn't in the article, but c'mon look at this:

Aw yeah baby.

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 4, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cory Parsnipson posted:

The 3ds is still alive boys.

Microsoft is making a dual screen surface.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18648919/microsoft-surface-dual-screen-centaurus-device-teaser

E. This concept art isn't in the article, but c'mon look at this:

Aw yeah baby.

Not really. It's basically what an e-Book should be and goddamn do I want one just for that reason :shepspends:.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How long can we assume the E-shop and in particular Virtual Console is going to be around for?

Because I plan on stocking up on old games (particularly Gameboy games), before it shuts down but I don't want to spend all my money now.

I've never played the Donkey Kong Land games, and I'm thinking of picking those up alongside Mario Lands, and maybe the Oracle games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How long can we assume the E-shop and in particular Virtual Console is going to be around for?

Because I plan on stocking up on old games (particularly Gameboy games), before it shuts down but I don't want to spend all my money now.

I've never played the Donkey Kong Land games, and I'm thinking of picking those up alongside Mario Lands, and maybe the Oracle games.

It should be around for at least two more years at a minimum.

DKL games on the GB were impressive for what they were, but not really worth playing. Buy the real thing in the SNES VC.

The Mario Land games, especially the second and third one (which is actually the first Wario Land) are amazing. Ditto, the Oracle games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

DKL games on the GB were impressive for what they were, but not really worth playing. Buy the real thing in the SNES VC.

The Mario Land games, especially the second and third one (which is actually the first Wario Land) are amazing. Ditto, the Oracle games.

Hell, the WiiU eshop's still around with no sign of going anywhere and the Wii Shop Channel lasted well after the Wii was put out to pasture.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Good to know. I've already got DKC for the SNES and I love those games, back then and now. I've only ever played Mario Land 2, but I'd like to try them all out, and see what the deal with Wario is. I've also played through the Oracle games a couple times back in the day, and I know they're good, but I don't know if I need to both purchase them or spend more time with them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The combat in Fusions is starting to get a little repetitive.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I was surprised to see a notification for a system update when I booted my N2DS up today. Definitely the most stable gaming system ever.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
How is Persona Q2? I didn't want to preorder it in case it was like the first one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dragon Ball Fusions is a bad game. Which is a shame, I really wanted it to be good. I like JRPGs, I love Akira Toriyama art, a JRPG with art by Akira Toriyama should've been fantastic! What a wasted opportunity.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

Dragon Ball Fusions is a bad game. Which is a shame, I really wanted it to be good. I like JRPGs, I love Akira Toriyama art, a JRPG with art by Akira Toriyama should've been fantastic! What a wasted opportunity.

FighterZ feels like the first really good DB game. I’d love to see more too though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There was this one DBZ JRPG on SNES that I loved and played this bizarre half English half French rom forever ago. It got a full English translation but I'm afraid to play it and ruin those memories.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Gripweed posted:

Both DQ games in English on the 3DS are good. Also, Attack of the Saiyans for DS is supposed to be a really good, if somewhat short, Dragon Ball JRPG.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

There was this one DBZ JRPG on SNES that I loved and played this bizarre half English half French rom forever ago. It got a full English translation but I'm afraid to play it and ruin those memories.

I played one that was half Japanese, half French and half English. And yes it was 150% unintelligible.
It was a pretty neat game though. My goku was so terrible that Yamcha beat Nappa and helped out greatly against Vegeta and Piccolo beat Frieza after fusing with some random Nameks. :shepface:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Aerofallosov posted:

How is Persona Q2? I didn't want to preorder it in case it was like the first one.

Its better than the first one, Im liking it a lot so far.

First boss is a huge brick wall though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zore posted:

Its better than the first one, Im liking it a lot so far.

First boss is a huge brick wall though.
Eh, that's not unusual for MegaTen games.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
SMT 4 is the best for this, the game just drops you into an absolutely brutal dungeon after about 15 minutes of prologue and nearly no tutorial. I love it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

SMT 4 is the best for this, the game just drops you into an absolutely brutal dungeon after about 15 minutes of prologue and nearly no tutorial. I love it.

the drat zombie group in the first dungeon is real rude.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atooi Collection (Mutant Mudds, Bomb Monkey. Xeodrifter, some game with a bird) announced for 3DS by Limited Run Games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Goddamn't. I was pretty happy that Limited Run Games hadn't done any 3DS games up until this point.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zore posted:

No, most of the other games actually build on puzzles and require items from previous dungeons. For instance there are multiple bow puzzles in the Earth Temple in WW alongside the light puzzles with the Mirror Shield/Medli and other ones that incorporate the Wind Waker and the Deku Leaf.

In LBW every dungeon assumes you have only the Dungeon Item and never actually has any puzzles that require anything else.

that’s why they made the dungeon items actually fun to use so that multiple puzzles of iterative difficulty can be crafted involving the same item instead of the items just being glorified keys like in certain other Zelda games

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Augus posted:

that’s why they made the dungeon items actually fun to use so that multiple puzzles of iterative difficulty can be crafted involving the same item instead of the items just being glorified keys like in certain other Zelda games

On the one hand yes, on the other hand they didn’t really stick the landing. Usually the “fun” of the puzzle is figuring out what combination of things to use (extremely exemplified in BotW where they just hand you it all in the tutorial and say “have fun”), whereas handing you the tool and saying “this is always going to be the thing to use” is boring. It’s boring when it’s “just” the dungeon boss that’s “wave your item around until it kills the thing” and it’s more boring when that’s every puzzle in the dungeon.

I’m really glad their choice there in LBW was a one-off.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

baram. posted:

the drat zombie group in the first dungeon is real rude.
The thing I hated most about the first SMT IV dungeon was the loving poison floor.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hell, the WiiU eshop's still around with no sign of going anywhere and the Wii Shop Channel lasted well after the Wii was put out to pasture.

hey a wii game was shown off at an e3 conference today

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
There’s some 3ds games on sale for E3, https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/. Scroll down, and there’s a few more retail games on sale if you go to their normal sale pages and filter by 3ds.

I think I might pick up DQVIII or Kirby planet robobot. Once I was interested in story of seasons trio of towns, but then I played Stardew Valley, and I feel I should probably replay that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PlushCow posted:

There’s some 3ds games on sale for E3, https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/. Scroll down, and there’s a few more retail games on sale if you go to their normal sale pages and filter by 3ds.

I think I might pick up DQVIII or Kirby planet robobot. Once I was interested in story of seasons trio of towns, but then I played Stardew Valley, and I feel I should probably replay that.

Trio of Towns is way better than Stardew unless you really need vestigial dungeon crawling.

In that case Rune Factory 4 is better than Stardew :v:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Zore posted:

Trio of Towns is way better than Stardew unless you really need vestigial dungeon crawling.

In that case Rune Factory 4 is better than Stardew :v:

I will take another look at ToT but what do you think makes it better than Stardew? I enjoy building up a farm in Harvest Moon type games, so pass on RF4, not big on dungeon crawling.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I think I'm gonna pick up one of these while you can still get them since mine is falling to bits.

Should I grab the n2ds xl or the n3ds xl. Is there a massive difference between them? I never use the 3D function on my OG XL.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Brick Shipment posted:

I think I'm gonna pick up one of these while you can still get them since mine is falling to bits.

Should I grab the n2ds xl or the n3ds xl. Is there a massive difference between them? I never use the 3D function on my OG XL.

if you never plan to use 3d just get the n2ds.

does nintendo ever have n3ds xl batteries in stock anymore? i've been checking the site periodically but haven't seen any in stock in the past month.

alternatively is there a worthwhile replacement?

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 14, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If you can afford it, get the New 3DS XL. It's got a slightly better build quality and better speakers. It doesn't come with a charger so you'll have to get that separately.

But there's nothing wrong with getting the 2DS XL. And it does come with a charger.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
New 3DS XL is easily the better device and harder to get a hold of if you let it pass you by now.

But the New 2DS is both good and does what you want it to, and the New 3DS is probably not worth the price?

Mind you the New 3DS 3D works worlds better than the 3D in the Old 3DS.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Nintendo's online store is still selling refurbished n3dsxl for $120, and 2ds xl for $99, I bought a n3dsxl a month ago from them and it seems like new, so that might be an option if you care to save some money.

I didn't care about 3D much, but for the first party Nintendo games it can be pretty good, so I went with the n3ds XL.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

You guys don't make it easy :argh:

How are the hinges on both models? Hinges cracking and eventually failing completely is the usual way my clamshell nintendos go out.

edit: I'm in AU, so unfortunately I don't think a Nintendo refurb model is a cost effective way to go about it :(
I guess in the end, price isn't too much of an issue, but as something I don't really NEED, the $50 cheaper 2ds xl sure is tempting.

Brick Shipment fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 14, 2019

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Brick Shipment posted:

You guys don't make it easy :argh:

How are the hinges on both models? Hinges cracking and eventually failing completely is the usual way my clamshell nintendos go out.
I haven't had a problem with the hinges on either my old 3DS or my new one, and I've had hinges fail on both an OG DS and a Lite. But I can't really say anything about the 2DS.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They're more or less the same system, the 2DS is noticeably lighter, there's a cover over the game slot so it's won't get accidentally ejected in your purse, and you don't have to unscrew anything to change out the MicroSD card. That's basically it for differences. Just pick whichever one you think looks nicer.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

YggiDee posted:

They're more or less the same system, the 2DS is noticeably lighter, there's a cover over the game slot so it's won't get accidentally ejected in your purse, and you don't have to unscrew anything to change out the MicroSD card. That's basically it for differences. Just pick whichever one you think looks nicer.
Speaking of, a more accessible MicroSD slot is a strong incentive for me to pick up a new 2DS if my current system ever fails on me. I've ruined the backplate on mine unscrewing it to get at the MicroSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I have the New 2DS XL and these hinges... well I'm sure they'll survive my use but my use is very light, but I'd be wary about them if I was, say, allowing my nephew to touch it.

EDIT: I mean I guess the damning thing is the hinge's build quality is suspect enough that I'd trust my DSL hinges over the 2DS XL hinges.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 14, 2019