Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And play a lot of comp. Need to average at least 3 non streak wins a week for 12 weeks, or at least a 2 win streak with the 3 game bonus per week,

All season long, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Half lol, you're forced to unlocked P&E 1 by the quest but then it's on you.

I thought there was something else you could unlock for the number of Imperials you have at that point?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember all the upgrades saying "quest progress required" but maybe you can unlock a rune slot or something.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm ready to raid.

Well you would be, but you’re a titan... so...

Seriously though holy poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
are you saying holy poo poo about his power level or about the hilariously pixelated image

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was just saying to him in discord that the most insane part of that image is 98,000 bright dust.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Gaining LL is much easier which is nice. Started at 690 and got up to 722 and still have some more stuff I could do(raids mostly), still have a whole character I could play too. 2-3 weeks for most players reach max LL ain't bad.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm ready to raid.

Why so few shards?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

I was just saying to him in discord that the most insane part of that image is 98,000 bright dust.

Well, he read CheeseFactory say he never spends any and thus we find ourselves here.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I played the poo poo out of the base D2 for like 3 months and got bored. if I were to pick up the expac now, would it be a decent experience, or has everyone moved on?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

So I played the poo poo out of the base D2 for like 3 months and got bored. if I were to pick up the expac now, would it be a decent experience, or has everyone moved on?

Forsaken is good as hell but the content is at this point heinously overcomplicated and interacting with anything (quests, vendors, gear) is painful as hell

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i think thats pretty hyperbolic but thats pretty on brand for you so ill allow it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/kBMlUie.gifv

Give me ALL the loot

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

There's way more content and things that are engaging enough to do repeatedly (forges, blind well, that sort of thing), but if you want to catch up on most of the useful things you've missed it can take months to do that. There are ways to boost your light level super-fast once you've finished the campaigns and reached level 50, but that won't get you the good gear. If you're trying to do things solo it can be hard to deal consistently with activities like nightfalls and raids. PvP is chock-full of players with the best gear even if light level isn't taken into account.

Right now things are feeling a little rushed trying to get powerful drops on all your characters, imperials to upgrade the chalice, progress on pinnacle weapons, menagerie runs, etc. At least the daily gunsmith bounties are an easy way to get mod components and enhancement cores (6 each per day per character), especially if you switch characters to do as many as possible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a lot to keep track of if you want to hit the level cap in the most efficient way possible but if you just want to see what's new that's what the left tab of the director is there for. It'll lead you through doing everything once and unlocking everything and then you can go back and repeat it if you want another drop.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Legs Benedict posted:

are you saying holy poo poo about his power level or about the hilariously pixelated image

I've always been bad at using computers.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

I've always been bad at using computers.

same

https://i.imgur.com/lqBaQV5.gifv

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Played this a little bit on PC at launch but I'd like to hop in with friends on Xbox. Is there any word on that $40 dollar complete collection?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Supposedly the $40 for everything went live on Thursday. They mentioned it a few times in the stream.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

i think thats pretty hyperbolic but thats pretty on brand for you so ill allow it

Dude imagine coming back into this from vanilla.

I get angry at how funky it all is having just missed a season.

You need a degree in Bungie Science to know what to do.

Luckily the things to do are all pretty fun save for the Season of Drifter stuff.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dude imagine coming back into this from vanilla.

I get angry at how funky it all is having just missed a season.

You need a degree in Bungie Science to know what to do.

Luckily the things to do are all pretty fun save for the Season of Drifter stuff.

Yeah, I think Datto pointed this out during the Shadowkeep reveal when he said that the game has got a lot wider in scope, but not deeper. So while there's an overwhelming amount of activities and things to do, there's not much to them and core pillars of the game like Strikes & Crucible have been completely neglected. I really do think it would save Bungie so much time and effort if they stopped trying to come up with all these different sorta-horde modes and just made a proper horde mode that worked on Crucible maps and had matchmaking and that was it, no more time and resources wasted designing minor variations with odd quirks and small locations only valid for that activity.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I prefer the REAL horde mode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The game is bloated and has too many modes, and to fix this I’d like to introduce a new mode that

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah, I think Datto pointed this out during the Shadowkeep reveal when he said that the game has got a lot wider in scope, but not deeper. So while there's an overwhelming amount of activities and things to do, there's not much to them and core pillars of the game like Strikes & Crucible have been completely neglected. I really do think it would save Bungie so much time and effort if they stopped trying to come up with all these different sorta-horde modes and just made a proper horde mode that worked on Crucible maps and had matchmaking and that was it, no more time and resources wasted designing minor variations with odd quirks and small locations only valid for that activity.

I'm not even sure what deep would mean here. What do people want other than more stuff to do and balance changes?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So if I haven't bought forsaken I can wait for September and it's free?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Donovan Trip posted:

So if I haven't bought forsaken I can wait for September and it's free?

They have not announced any plans to make Forsaken free.

IMHO, Destiny is best enjoyed live. It won't be much fun to play the deprecated content alone, for free, compared to playing current content, now, for $40

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/78AZqaV.gifv

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey is there any way to buy Destiny 2 Forsaken like by itself? I saw that the Destiny 2 the complete collection or whatever was on sale on PSN, which got me to looking for just Forsaken since I have the main game. I wash hoping it'd be on sale too, but I can't find it anywhere?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

loving lmao

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

Rune Compatibility II dunzo.

Just lol at anyone who didnt unlock Power and Efficiency I & II immediately.

That would be me. The PvE expert

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Well, he read CheeseFactory say he never spends any and thus we find ourselves here.

He actually has more than me. I have about 93,000

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

When you nut and you think you done but you nut again and again

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh look video evidence of gogo using the best pve gently caress poo poo up gun in the game.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm ready to raid.

go outside

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The game is bloated and has too many modes, and to fix this I’d like to introduce a new mode that

Why yes, I would love to play Rocket Race again

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars (of which the moon is a part).

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

actionjackson posted:

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars (of which the moon is a part).

i had no loving clue what you were talking about, and then i clicked the trump thread and welp

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

*looks it up*

Clearly he's saying the moon is involved in plans for travel to/colonization of Mars, which is something Obama set into motion iirc. I read a thing a few years ago about early planning for food/crop selection for the trip. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Valus Ta'urump