Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is there any difference in pre-ordering from the Square store vs Amazon for ShB? I'm still getting payment processing errors no matter the card and they keep sending me payment error emails (tho funny enough it said they were going to cancel last night but they still haven't). No response from support on it. Presumably if I cancel / order gets cancelled my ShB pre-order stuff vanishes but then I can just get another code from Amazon?

if it's digital, probably not, though as a fore warning amazon was really really stupid about giving me my pre-order access card in heavensward and I had to buy a second copy of the game from square and cancel my order to play early access back then. you can pre-order from humble store if you want to use paypal and they hand out the pre-order code immediately, so that was my choice for shadowbringers (I used gmg for stormblood but I guess square didnt wanna deal with their sales this time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just realized that one of the best parts of ShB will be seeing all the cool new GNB and DNC weapons that come from old content.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DizzyBum posted:

I just realized that one of the best parts of ShB will be seeing all the cool new GNB and DNC weapons that come from old content.

Tempted to farm Moogle Mog for a Dancer weapon.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
DNC and GNB will probably only have crafted ARR primal weapons, since they start at 60.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

watching the dataminers slowly rip the models out is like the one redeeming feature of the multi day downtime that happens

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do I need to do anything to register Shadowbringers now that Squenix took my money or am I good to go? This catgirl dressup DikuMUD is a trip and a half.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I got a black mage to 50 then got a msq skip because gently caress the quests were killing me. But at the same time... I had something to do. Now I wanna keep playing an level a dude. What dude should I level up to 50? I don't really like the black mage playstyle. Everything has so many butans.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Nessus posted:

Do I need to do anything to register Shadowbringers now that Squenix took my money or am I good to go? This catgirl dressup DikuMUD is a trip and a half.

you'll get an early access code, you plug that into a site that gives you a code to register on your mogstation account, then you'll be good to go from june 28th to july 2nd, by which time you'll get and enter your shadowbringers key proper

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Pepper posted:

Tempted to farm Moogle Mog for a Dancer weapon.

DNC one will just be throwing moogles.

Optionally, two moogles tied together with their poms to make a bola.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Do we have any DGKK crafters that can help me make some 380 gear for a new member? I've got the materials, I just haven't had any luck asking in chat for the last week or two.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

So many dancers grievously injured while trying to pick up inferno chakrams.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

So many dancers grievously injured while trying to pick up inferno chakrams.

Remember: you can't catch something if it's on fire :v:

Moogle Gunblade will also shoot moogles.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The dancer titan weapons still just be two boulders

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

there's a good chance we won't get weapons for them from sub 60 content, isn't there?

I always assumed their plan was to cut off making old weapon models starting at whatever level the job is so they don't need to one day make 80 primal weapons just to put a new job into the game

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

vandalism posted:

I got a black mage to 50 then got a msq skip because gently caress the quests were killing me. But at the same time... I had something to do. Now I wanna keep playing an level a dude. What dude should I level up to 50? I don't really like the black mage playstyle. Everything has so many butans.

Redmage has the simplest gameplay besides BLM I think. What don't you like about BLM?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like the Baldur Katana. It’s nice and simple.

The one in the right.

I’m glad SAM has an actual dyeable hakama and a haori so I can replace that outfit.

What armor is that? I'm a fan.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the Primal katanas are pretty good. I've been using the Ramuh one.

I settled on the Ramuh katana after trying a few of the others (Shiva, Ifrit) because it fit my glam quite well.

Then I saw the fiend katana and went :frogsiren:

I've tried a few other katana's since then, Sophia's, Katana of the round, etc. But I keep coming back to the fiend's katana. It has a nice green glow. And a pretty neato unsheathing animation.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cabbit posted:

What armor is that? I'm a fan.

The hat is the Non La, the chests are Summer Yukata (two different ones, they're non-dyable) from very early summer fests as is the getta, and the legs are a simple level 1 skirt.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the Primal katanas are pretty good. I've been using the Ramuh one.

Yeah, I use that with Iroha's gear for a Ginchiyo Catchibana look. It's good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Minrad posted:

there's a good chance we won't get weapons for them from sub 60 content, isn't there?

I always assumed their plan was to cut off making old weapon models starting at whatever level the job is so they don't need to one day make 80 primal weapons just to put a new job into the game

Just using a basic reusable model with the primal glow effect is fine imo.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Today's the day NA house demolition has gone through. If you've been looking for something, now's the time.

On Lamia there's 1-3 empty plots per ward average right now.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Just the simple Adamantite Uchgatana for me. I also prefer the shorter length blades. But with katana's as long as the sheathe looks cool, it's hard to go wrong with the blade.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I want to get in on SAM glam chat too.

Boring old Mythrite Uchigatana for me. All in edgelord black to prepare for Shadowbringers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Today's the day NA house demolition has gone through. If you've been looking for something, now's the time.

On Lamia there's 1-3 empty plots per ward average right now.

they're still overwhelmingly full of bots, at least on excalibur. a friend of mine has been trying to get a house for a while now and it's always 5-10 people running macros at the placard, and today is no different. it's at the point where some of his friends stand around like scarecrows hoping to deter people from even bothering and there's still macro-users lining up

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

final stormblood goal achieved

time to wait for the shade

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
more SAM glam

other side

isk fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 8, 2019

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ooops you need a copy of ShB on every platform you play right? I just realized that since my wife plays on both PC and PS4 she's gonna need both? 3 copies for us I guess.

edit: Also Re: housing chat. We were thinking of moving our house to Kurogane and on Excalibur there are a bunch of open plots.

She bought the plot of land but there were like a dozen people just chilling around the plot sign. I dunno what that was about. She just walked up and bought it so maybe they were waiting for it to be cheaper?

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 8, 2019

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
On the topic of SAM glam: I'm currently using the Yama Katana, because Acorn Brown dye gives it a nice bronzed look.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Captain Cappy posted:

Redmage has the simplest gameplay besides BLM I think. What don't you like about BLM?

Well... I just get overwhelmed every time I play this game. There is so much happening with abilities, stuff to do, etc. Game is huge. Black mage got a ton of situational stuff and I got overloaded trying to do it all. I guess they have like some of the least amount of abilities, though. So if i say too man yabilities on black mage, i'm boned cause they all have more. I don't know. I think standing still for a lot of casting was kind of tough. I watched a guy do a lvl 70 rotation and it didn't seem too bad, really.

Having classes feel halfway done up to higher levels really kills it for me. Starting as samurai or something like that is decent cause I'm already high lvl. Red mage seems really cool. Samurai, too. I like any class that the armor style looks cool to me.

I tried red mage and that was fun because I got to blast people and keep the meter going then jump in and slash em.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FuzzySlippers posted:

Ooops you need a copy of ShB on every platform you play right? I just realized that since my wife plays on both PC and PS4 she's gonna need both? 3 copies for us I guess.

edit: Also Re: housing chat. We were thinking of moving our house to Kurogane and on Excalibur there are a bunch of open plots.

She bought the plot of land but there were like a dozen people just chilling around the plot sign. I dunno what that was about. She just walked up and bought it so maybe they were waiting for it to be cheaper?

There's a random time limit from 1-24 or more hours before you can buy an empty plot. If you're a current landed elite, you can transfer at any time with no restrictions.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

vandalism posted:

Well... I just get overwhelmed every time I play this game. There is so much happening with abilities, stuff to do, etc. Game is huge. Black mage got a ton of situational stuff and I got overloaded trying to do it all. I guess they have like some of the least amount of abilities, though. So if i say too man yabilities on black mage, i'm boned cause they all have more. I don't know. I think standing still for a lot of casting was kind of tough. I watched a guy do a lvl 70 rotation and it didn't seem too bad, really.

Having classes feel halfway done up to higher levels really kills it for me. Starting as samurai or something like that is decent cause I'm already high lvl. Red mage seems really cool. Samurai, too. I like any class that the armor style looks cool to me.

I tried red mage and that was fun because I got to blast people and keep the meter going then jump in and slash em.

You may also want to try out Bard since they can move around as much as they want and don't have to stay close to the enemies like Samurai does.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I am going to be mildly upset if they don't make ARR primal gunblades.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I want to get in on SAM glam chat too.

Boring old Mythrite Uchigatana for me. All in edgelord black to prepare for Shadowbringers.
If you like the simpler early katanas I recommend the Gunromaru, it's my go-to when I just want something plain and elegant.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

On the topic of SAM glam: I'm currently using the Yama Katana, because Acorn Brown dye gives it a nice bronzed look.

This is a good-rear end samurai, what's the chest piece?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is a good-rear end samurai, what's the chest piece?

SAM af3 dyed purple, from Anemos.

vandalism posted:

BLM's rotation can look simple, but being overwhelmed never goes away, at least for me. BLM is all about timer management and long cast times, and it feels pretty much unable to respond to mechanics or do anything but it's rotation. Basically BLM is simple and straight forward if you never have to move. (You will always have to move.) As a former BLM main RDM is VERY fun and does not have any of the flaws BLM has to me, so I very much recommend it for a ranged class.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SAMposting? I'm down.

High Steel Uchigatana, though when I was levelling, I used the upgraded Shiva katana because Yukikaze felt like it needed justification.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Once you become with the explosionforce moving no longer impairs you as a BLM because you've either set up some instant casts ahead of time or just dont bother moving and letting the healers adjust

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Also, don't be too afraid of tanking if you want something simple. You have a ton more health and defense than everyone else and the healer will always be paying attention to your health so you have someone backing you up. Also your job is to sit as still as possible and you usually aren't responsible for any mechanics.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the worst katana for lalafells is shin-zantetsuken cause when you sheath it you just have this big ol' hilt sticking out and looking awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eimi posted:

SAM af3 dyed purple, from Anemos.

BLM's rotation can look simple, but being overwhelmed never goes away, at least for me. BLM is all about timer management and long cast times, and it feels pretty much unable to respond to mechanics or do anything but it's rotation. Basically BLM is simple and straight forward if you never have to move. (You will always have to move.) As a former BLM main RDM is VERY fun and does not have any of the flaws BLM has to me, so I very much recommend it for a ranged class.
RDM is less engaging for me because there is so little that can interrupt its rotation. BLM doesn't even have a traditional one unless you are standing still for an extended period. Your goal is to cast as many of your biggest spells as fast as possible, and everything else you do is about furthering that goal. I've always found it a lot more about flexibility and improvisation, but maybe that's from going to it from being a MCH main.