Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Minto Took posted:

Be sure to frame your Sleep tour posters, friends.

Thanks for reminding me. What's the standard size for posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Don’t remember what mine is (got it on the tour a few years ago), but I was able to get an exact fitting frame on Amazon.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Snowy posted:

Damnit I was there and didn’t get pierogies from him :argh:

Shoutout to when I went out back to smoke while Isis was playing and ended up sharing a joint and defacing a random van with sharpie with Buzz and one of the other guys

this was before my stoner metal phase so I had no idea who he was, just some random dude with a gray afro hanging out back who laughed at my trying to stealth a joint (he did not partake, the other dude who was there did but I have no clue if he was in the band or not)

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

butros posted:

Thanks for reminding me. What's the standard size for posters?

18x24. Got Sleep, Om and Ufomammut tour posters framed and theyre all 18x24.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Yall I stumbled across a treasure trove of live recordings, I think they're all soundboard.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT2RaukKjfhYWfB7fwa9YZA/videos

Thats my friend in ol Lafayette, they are indeed direct feeds from the board. Everytime I play there I end up getting hosed up with all the swamp bois and we crash at the owner of that bars house, its one of the last dates on this tour I'm about to go on, and I cant wait to gently caress poo poo up.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
drat, just discovered that Lung Molde wiped their personal BandCamp and Facebook pages at some point. Their album is worth checking out, IMO, sucks that it'll be their only one.

Lung Molde - Lung Molde
Heavy doom.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

lol but posted:

a history of bad men is better

You're both wrong. It's "Heater Moves and Eyes".

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

im_sorry posted:

You're both wrong. It's "Heater Moves and Eyes".

This is acceptable. Pre-Houdini Melvins is truly the greatest

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw Earth last night. They were good, I'm just gonna say what I say about every SDS show I go to: I wish I had brought earplugs :negative:

There are some notes Dylan hits (and holds) that will absolutely murder your hearing without earplugs lmao

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Saw Indian last night at Austin Terror Fest. They were basically everything I could have hoped for. Maybe one of the most intense sets I've sat through. Echoing the above, I definitely wish I'd worn earplugs. When there is a noticeable breeze coming off the speakers, you know it's loud.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Y'all dumb and deserve tinnitus.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wear plugs you dumb fucks

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Eight years of fruitlessly warning people to wear earplugs

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Stoner/Doom/Sludge:

Nativity In Black posted:

there is a noticeable breeze coming off the speakers

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Detective Thompson posted:

Y'all dumb and deserve tinnitus.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wear plugs you dumb fucks

Ingmar terdman posted:

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Eight years of fruitlessly warning people to wear earplugs

I always remember after I'm at the venue and the venues usually don't sell them :negative:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
drat, most venues I've been to have packs of disposable plugs behind the bar and they'll give you a pair if you ask. Just get a pair of Etymotics or whatever though, it's well worth the :10bux:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I keep a pair of Etymotics in my wallet at all times so I don't forget them.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I have two sets of plugs in a container on my keychain. Don’t leave home without em.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah I have my earplugs attached to my keychain too. Being 2 feet away from the guitar amp during Destroyer 666 was the last time I ever went to a show without em. I developed tinnitus long before that, but may as well prevent it from getting any worse.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hearing loss is real protect yaself

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ingmar terdman posted:

Are you like... on the stage here

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ingmar terdman posted:

I just saw them last Monday, it was good as usual but not quite as loud as expected. Probably because of the venue, last place I saw them in Madison was in a smaller venue and it was more intense in general. This newer venue is kind of cavernous; lots of room, but, almost TOO much room. I had a hard time hearing Pike's solos which shouldn't be an issue at any loving show.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
What shirts does Sleep have for sale on this tour? Seeing them for the second time this Monday (last time was in 2016) and I don't think they had any merchandise since it was a benefit show.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Another track from the new Torche record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeY-4KtqEAE

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are you like... on the stage here

I think it's usually the premium ticket area but not that night. Kinda cool that Pike would occasionally come up and splatter us with a solo like some kind of shirtless heavy metal Gallagher

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I'm seeing Sleep tonight for the first time. I've NEVER worn earplugs at a concert before. Tonight may be the night of many firsts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'm seeing Sleep tonight for the first time. I've NEVER worn earplugs at a concert before. Tonight may be the night of many firsts.

wear plugs

Parachute
May 18, 2003
no don't all the cool kids aren't what i cant hear you what

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Wear earplugs you moron

efb is what I get for waiting but seriously don't be an idiot

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don’t make me tap the new thread title

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman of Santa posted:

Don’t make me tap the new thread title
New thread title's a good thread title

Maybe next time I go to one of these shows, I won't forget plugs because I'll have been seeing the thread title so much.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
To further belabor the point, are those who forgot plugs or never wore plugs to shows a lot younger or something? I'm not asking in like a snide or condescending matter (maybe a little bit, gently caress you young people lol), I'm just curious because I'm old as dirt and I the last time I attended concerts without earplugs was in my early/mid 20's or so. It was cool because of the overwhelming noise while at the show and all that but long-term effects aside, it's just a pain in the rear end to have your ears ringing nonstop for 2-4 days.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m 27 and my decision to start using plugs was after I saw Boris in 2013. I still didn’t start using them consistently until somewhat recently—I have a pair in my car at all times, and my office also includes a printing press so there are freely available earplugs everywhere. I rarely wear them to non-metal shows and I do occasionally test how loud it really is for the first song, but for this specific subgenre they’re 100% necessary.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
I'm 33 and I ended up buying a nice pair of earplugs after seeing the warlocks in a small venue 9-10 years ago. Stood right by the stage and my ears rang for like 3 days afterwards.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My ears ring permanently and it’s getting worse 😭

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm 28 (almost 29) and have been attending shows for many years without wearing plugs. I'm probably overdue for tinnitus, so I should probably protect whatever hearing I have left when I go to shows in the future.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What really did it for me was the realization that good plugs make a show sound BETTER in a lot of venues. Like I use them all the time now for non-SDS shows that aren't even that loud because it helps cut down on echo/feedback.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I always manage to forget plugs and I always regret it. My ears are ringing most of the time. Like right now.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sleep was the loudest show I’ve been to. Wear plugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Al's bass setup is like what the Rolling Stones use to play stadiums, multiplied by like 4