Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

This is a powerful image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

TheNork posted:

The glasses are the Endless Summer Glasses which is from the 2018 Moonfire Faire and the sword is the Ghost Barque Katana from Sirensong Sea. The rest, Sky Pirate's Jacket of Striking, Expeditioner's Gloves and High House Breeches are all craftable/tradable pieces you can probably get cheap off the MB.

Thanks! Hope you don't mind, but I whipped up a wholly unoriginal Monk take on it.

Really should have waited until day before taking the shot. And learn to gpose better.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mulva posted:

This is a powerful image.

It's a video.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

SAM Postin'

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Our crazy-rear end mutant flora finally getting some recognition.

https://www.nps.gov/sagu/learn/nature/why_crested.htm

https://twitter.com/dbgphx/status/798918807574102016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Sam Are I

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Funny, the day after I grind out the tokens for it, goons go and beat me to the punch on the screenshot game. Better late than never!

Shinten spam always makes me feel like a proper fencer, unlike RDM which just poses, so a straight blade is perfect.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

While you were partying, I studied the blade

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

TheNork posted:

Did someone say SAMpostin'

What pants are those?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Yeah Boii!

https://twitter.com/xivtrivia/status/1133757430288883712

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
How about them Paladin's? ( Just started leveling mine )

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Srivatsa means "beloved of Lakshmi", or "she's Vril-y into you"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/xivtrivia/status/1133760035559956482

Dragon kick your rear end into the Milky Way.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I really like the new Monk AF gear, feels like an evolution of the ARR set to me. Never really cared for the HW or SB sets

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Veotax posted:

I really like the new Monk AF gear, feels like an evolution of the ARR set to me. Never really cared for the HW or SB sets

Weak. Monks need to be wearing less with each AF set.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Dragon kick your rear end into the Milky Way.

milky way!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

But only tanks have the ball buster.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I'm a little late to the party, but since we're SAM posting - The 375 gear actually makes for a pretty strong look on a Roe, only thing I'm missing that I wouldn't mind having is the Bardmom Katana but that's just a matter of time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Is Kirin's Osode an obvious SAM glam item? Yes.

Do I care? Not really.

The entire point of my SAM gear is to look like I'm playing XI again so the Osode is top tier. I'm honestly sad that tanks and drg didn't get their proper haubergeon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

All your SAMglam posting prompted me to actually eqip the sword for the first time and now I'm just staring dumbly at all these skills with no idea of what I should use or even what to bind where.

So if you need me I'll just be over here in my ley lines quad casting Flare instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, it occurs to me that with the addition of Dancer and Gunbreaker they could give us a Kingdom Hearts Crossover Event and have appropriate weapons for every class.

Come on S-E, replace the Garo event with stupid-rear end Disney weapons for the Grimdark Angstfest expansion. Please.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just rolled a character destined to be a white mage.
Not sure if this was a good idea or a bad one.

white mages are good and cool

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

a kitten posted:

All your SAMglam posting prompted me to actually eqip the sword for the first time and now I'm just staring dumbly at all these skills with no idea of what I should use or even what to bind where.

So if you need me I'll just be over here in my ley lines quad casting Flare instead.

As someone who was recently in your shoes, I have a protip about playing SAM without learning any of the skillnames: Put the various combos in directions related to which job flower thing they fill up, and then just fill them up for your special moves. One flower is a DoT, two is an AoE, three is your big crit generator.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 9, 2019

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Groggy nard posted:

As someone who was recently in your shoes, I have a protip about playing SAM without learning any of the skillnames: Put the various combos in directions related to which job flower thing they fill up, and then just fill them up for your special moves. One flower is a DoT, two is an AoE, three is your big crit generator.

Yeah, this. Especially if paying on a controller, then you can even map them according to their respective positional.
It takes a bit of doing to map the combos, but that's a one time process at least.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
God drat DRK is so fun and I want the tank reworks to get here. Offtanking while contributing to the main tank's survival owns.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Minrad posted:

God drat DRK is so fun and I want the tank reworks to get here. Offtanking while contributing to the main tank's survival owns.

I should level DRK before PLD. I’m working on getting all the jobs up but PLD seems so boring to me even though I know they get cool stuff. And the changes to DRK look awesome in ShB.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Veotax posted:

I can't see it as anything but a fancier version of the ala mhigan striking gear, which I really liked and am totally into.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

is there anywhere that has some suggested skillbar setups because there are Too Many SKills

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Veev posted:

I can't see it as anything but a fancier version of the ala mhigan striking gear, which I really liked and am totally into.

ala mhigan striking is one of my favorite sets in the game

I didn't join in on SAM posting because my SAM glam is just that set but red so not very interesting

also because all my screenshots look like hot garbage

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Blockhouse posted:

Im with you there, I can't get the resolution to come out decently it seems.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ramadu posted:

is there anywhere that has some suggested skillbar setups because there are Too Many SKills

You can always wait for Shadowbringers, where the pruning means even Paladin, the job with the most skills, will be under 36 skills (aka 3 bars)

If you just want suggestions for button keybinds, here's mine

Second row is just shift bindings of the first row, third row is alt bindings of 1-5 and qe, with c, v, shift c, shift v, and ` for the last 5 buttons.

I also find alt r, alt t, and ctrl 1-5 not too annoying to hit if you need ~even more buttons~ for macros and what not. (I hopefully won't need them in ShB, but right now it's got my remaining role actions like shirk and intervention)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Best thing I did was to bind Ctrl and Alt to two of my extra mouse buttons. It doubled my available hotkeys while improving ergonomics.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I just love this hat. When leveling I never really cared about what my gear looked like unless there was a hat I didn't like, then I'd swap this one in.

I kinda forgot to glam my weapon after I bought the 400 tomestone one but I don't have any interesting ones anyway, I mostly just try and match with the sheath color. I think SAM looks pretty good with the ironworks/allagan techy stuff, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

ala mhigan striking is one of my favorite sets in the game

I didn't join in on SAM posting because my SAM glam is just that set but red so not very interesting

Try using the lighting options in gpose, it will instantly make them better.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What’s that mod that adjust the lighting to make the game look better?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

What’s that mod that adjust the lighting to make the game look better?

There's a few - some of the more popular ones are ENB, Reshade, Stormshade (a fork of Reshade). Each has community-created presets as well.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man the MSQ is so long my god

I'm almost wrapping up the first one, then it turns out there is a SECOND one before you even get to start Heavensward. I mean I like having the structure but this is a lot of quests.

If I outlevel the quests can I start to turn them in as a crafting class for loads of crafting exp

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm almost wrapping up the first one, then it turns out there is a SECOND one before you even get to start Heavensward. I mean I like having the structure but this is a lot of quests.

If I outlevel the quests can I start to turn them in as a crafting class for loads of crafting exp

No, normal quests can only be handed in by a combat class. Unless a quest is explicitly flagged for DoH you can't get crafter XP out of it.

You also can't turn them in on an unleveled combat class because while the game lets you start most quests as anything so long as one class meets the level req, you can't finish the quest unless the class you're in actually meets the level req.

Enjoy your 60 someodd quests worth of filler before things actually pick up. :shepicide:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The ARR MSQ is definitely the most fillery and uneven of the game, it gets a lot more consistently interesting once Heavensward begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BisbyWorl posted:

No, normal quests can only be handed in by a combat class. Unless a quest is explicitly flagged for DoH you can't get crafter XP out of it.

You also can't turn them in on an unleveled combat class because while the game lets you start most quests as anything so long as one class meets the level req, you can't finish the quest unless the class you're in actually meets the level req.

Enjoy your 60 someodd quests worth of filler before things actually pick up. :shepicide:

Boooo

Is there any sort of benefit to switching classes halfway and like, starting to turn in quests as a MCH or something? Because they give great exp right now but I am out leveling them.