Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

WE LOVE THE GAYS LOOK AT OUR PRIDE PLAY LIST

WE LOVE HOMOPHOBES LOOK AT OUR AD

also feel free to judge my lovely playlists but i was checking out the pride playlist when that ad played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol hell yeah take no prisoners! This is scrabble bithc!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

My wife asks if this guy needs it spelled out for him.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Huh, it really is harder on the woman.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Arivia posted:

Digging into the comments some people are saying bimbo is a racial slur in German, so that might be it. It’s still a really stupid, bad idea.

I, um... I've been speaking German for 14 years and somehow this is the first I've ever heard of it. It's true, yes, but it seems fairly old-fashioned from what I've found.

And it's not a case of just not having learned it in school, my favorite professor was a very leftist progressive woman and we learned a lot about various social issues in Germany including LGBT rights, racism, immigration, and what have you. We watched a bunch of German movies. I know a lot of slurs. Somehow I've never heard that one.

But yes, it's a bad idea to blanket ban words without consideration for the context. "Slut" means "stop" in Swedish.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I like how these dipshits title their threads to be as neutral or in their favor as they possibly can make them.

No dipshit you technically aren't the rear end in a top hat for playing "miscarry" in Scrabble, you're it for intentionally making light of a recent trauma and letting your wife relive it. Maybe you should say that in your thread title.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

snergle posted:

WE LOVE THE GAYS LOOK AT OUR PRIDE PLAY LIST

WE LOVE HOMOPHOBES LOOK AT OUR AD

also feel free to judge my lovely playlists but i was checking out the pride playlist when that ad played
Get yerself into a fake goon family for cheap premium.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

I like how these dipshits title their threads to be as neutral or in their favor as they possibly can make them.

No dipshit you technically aren't the rear end in a top hat for playing "miscarry" in Scrabble, you're it for intentionally making light of a recent trauma and letting your wife relive it. Maybe you should say that in your thread title.

AITI for simply pushing my wife into the pool during a pool party as an innocent prank? I mean yes, she was holding our newborn and her phone, and yes the pool is 8 feet deep and no she can't swim, and yes her father drowned to death in a pool and no I didn't apologize.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Justifying being an rear end in a top hat is part of being on the spectrum

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

AITI for simply pushing my wife into the pool during a pool party as an innocent prank? I mean yes, she was holding our newborn and her phone, and yes the pool is 8 feet deep and no she can't swim, and yes her father drowned to death in a pool and no I didn't apologize.

*gets dogpiled for ten pages *
"Yeah but try to see this from my point of view!"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Panfilo posted:

*gets dogpiled for ten pages *
"Yeah but try to see this from my point of view!"

They NEVER apologize, either. It's always "so now we haven't spoken in 4 days and I figured I would ask Reddit if I suck".

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dude, take the loss.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

Dude, take the loss.

:chanpop:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

We will never be free of that goddamned meme.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Crain posted:

May we never be free of that goddamned meme.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a good meme

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

But yes, it's a bad idea to blanket ban words without consideration for the context. "Slut" means "stop" in Swedish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071pe_pXAD4

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1643164649214367928/

This is a bit specialized, but have you ever wanted to read 19 pages of some loving nutbag getting mad that a game has the option to respec your character, an optional option that can even be turned off altogether?

Me neither, but it exists. Grognards are the worst. The first post is several screens long and the guy's still angrily defending it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I, um... I've been speaking German for 14 years and somehow this is the first I've ever heard of it. It's true, yes, but it seems fairly old-fashioned from what I've found.

I'm German and I've never even heard racist elderly people use it. It's either very outdated, very regional, or both.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

You pay moe money, you get moe problems.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Oh! That's where I'm getting off!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Zedd posted:

Get yerself into a fake goon family for cheap premium.

You can’t just drop something like this with no follow up man. How??

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1643164649214367928/

This is a bit specialized, but have you ever wanted to read 19 pages of some loving nutbag getting mad that a game has the option to respec your character, an optional option that can even be turned off altogether?

Me neither, but it exists. Grognards are the worst. The first post is several screens long and the guy's still angrily defending it.

I knew this was going to be Kingmaker before I even clicked. It should be noted that the actual Pathfinder tabletop RPG has had respec options since 2013, this is not a new addition by the developers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Arivia posted:

I knew this was going to be Kingmaker before I even clicked. It should be noted that the actual Pathfinder tabletop RPG has had respec options since 2013, this is not a new addition by the developers.

Does the one in game let you literally reset everything including your level 1 class?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Does the one in game let you literally reset everything including your level 1 class?

Yep. It would take ages (you spend a lot of time and money on retraining), but there's nothing stopping you.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lol if it takes as much time as manually leveling a character from 1-20 in a training module in NWN2 than anyone willing to do it deserves to reap the rewards

Also, dnd 3.5 games benefit immeasurably from a respec feature, otherwise people end up thirty hours in with useless characters because they tried some too-specific build predicated in having misread a feat description in the first place

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

Kingmaker just has a ton of fuckawful fans, same for Pillars of Eternity. Those games are magnets for grognards who want everyone to play games exactly like them.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102489-hiding-hats/

Like this. It starts off as an innocent "Hey, how can I hide my hat?" and then some rear end in a top hat comes along to act like there's some moral dilemma here that will somehow leak into real life. You know how toxic MMO communities can be? It's because you can customize how your gear looks! It's apparently a slippery slope. (And if you want a side of insufferable Fallout nerds, there's two of them there)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Palemdromes posted:

You can’t just drop something like this with no follow up man. How??

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808518

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/larryramzey/status/1136087001067859969?s=21

It’s like asking for a sequel to Chernobyl: Chernobyl 2: Dyatlov’s Revenge.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Am I The Arsehole for taking a boardgame about spelling more seriously than both the feelings of my wife, and my feelings for the child I never had?

Yes. Yes you are.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Some idiot RE: hiding hats posted:

Do you mean —KEEP the bonus stats afforded only by wearing (possibly garish, and uncomfortable) equipment that is worth wearing for the bonus it provides—but not wear it? That kind of thing? Like expecting to enjoy the protection or benefit, and somehow avoid the inconvenience, or silly appearance of it? Ah, I bet some people wish they could do that with shoes; shoes that look amazing but hurt like hell. :p To enjoy the envy of others, without suffering the cost of it.

It's the old 'Have one's cake and eat it too'. It's a servile shame that some developers allow that kind of thing.

A servile shame? loving what? I could kinda see the point, if not the level of vitriol, if it were an online game where seeing what other people are wearing at a glance serves an actual point but it's a single player game. Why would anyone care that someone wants to hide their hat?

In Neverwinter Nights there's a glitch where if you equip your helm and your armour in quick succession it only loads the graphics for whichever you equipped second. I exploit that bug every time I play cuz all the helmets look dumb.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Kingmaker just has a ton of fuckawful fans, same for Pillars of Eternity. Those games are magnets for grognards who want everyone to play games exactly like them.

Like this. It starts off as an innocent "Hey, how can I hide my hat?" and then some rear end in a top hat comes along to act like there's some moral dilemma here that will somehow leak into real life. You know how toxic MMO communities can be? It's because you can customize how your gear looks! It's apparently a slippery slope. (And if you want a side of insufferable Fallout nerds, there's two of them there)

Christ, one of those grognards has a signature with three embedded Youtube videos, and they all appear as full-size embeds, not just links. What sort of idiot admin lets that happen in their forum?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Radium! :argh:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Spek posted:

A servile shame? loving what? I could kinda see the point, if not the level of vitriol, if it were an online game where seeing what other people are wearing at a glance serves an actual point but it's a single player game. Why would anyone care that someone wants to hide their hat?

In Neverwinter Nights there's a glitch where if you equip your helm and your armour in quick succession it only loads the graphics for whichever you equipped second. I exploit that bug every time I play cuz all the helmets look dumb.

That thread is loving insane. This guy is arguing that hiding hats is a slippery slope into easy mode console games. That they should make extra ugly hats and balance that against the stats.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/larryramzey/status/1136087001067859969?s=21

It’s like asking for a sequel to Chernobyl: Chernobyl 2: Dyatlov’s Revenge.

Pride and Prejudice and Some More Pride and Some More Prejudice

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pride and Prejudice and Some More Pride and Some More Prejudice

There's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't use a slightly better hat in PoE 2 because it's not a tricorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'd play a game that leaned into the fashion souls thing and gave you big numbers for armor that looked absolutely hideous.