Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Here is a rundown of some of the typical grocery stores in Germany, and what you can expect from each of them.

Discounters (Lidl, Netto, Aldi): Don’t sniff at discount grocery stores; most people shop here. You can complete your shopping list with items at their lowest price. Fruits and veggies don’t always look their best, the aisles are crowded, presentation is nil and customer service can fall to a new low, but the first time you make it through a Lidl visit without getting impossibly frustrated you have taken a positive step towards integration. Watch for special promotions like “America Week” where Americanesque items (from a brand bizarrely named “McEnnedy’s”) are sold.

Major Grocery Stores (Real, Rewe, Edeka, Kaufland): These grocery chains most resemble something you’d find in the States or the UK. They are usually large and have (almost) everything you want. Some chains, like Real (ray-all), sell everything from groceries to bicycles to underpants. While the selection is much greater than at the discounters, it is still more limited than

This is a feel that every immigrant in Germany knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

Rewe and Edeka approach how it is to do groceries in the developed world most closely I find, depends on the individual store a bit
:wrong: they're style-over-substance stores for bougie trash

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Rewes in Berlin. I double-dog dare you to come here and use one of the Konsum-rear end 30 m² abominations with Spätipreisen called "Rewe City", and still have that impression. More like.......... Rewe lovely :blastu:

Yeah, quite a few "Rewe City" have popped up here as well actually, primarily around Friedrichstraße and the rest of Mitte, and their beer is more expensive than in spätis lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/anked/status/1137005311577985024

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
What the gently caress are you guys talking about, every store is literally exactly the same

Also what is that mention of "service", a grocery store doesn't have nor need service, you pick the poo poo you want and pay for it. The service is someone using the beep machine correctly and handing over Wechselgeld.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

suck my woke dick posted:

:wrong: they're style-over-substance stores for bougie trash

There's a Netto opposite an Edeka where I live, and I used to always go to Netto because I thought it was cheaper. I was wrong. I've been comparing prices for two years now, and you can shop for the same price at Edeka if you stay with off-brand produce, and spare yourself the trip to Netto.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That is one expensive Netto.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I like shopping at our tiny Edeka :shobon:. I haven't actually noticed a major price difference compared to the Penny next door for most of the stuff I usually get, and the local Lidl is so drat full all the time (despite being huge) that it just takes loving forever to get anything.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

also lol even the shittiest undersized German discounter is ca. 300% better than alleged premium grocery stores in the UK

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Bei unseren amerikanischen Freunden gibt es übrigens ein gewisses Misstrauen gegen die US-Aldimärkte, weil es dem Personal dort erlaubt ist beim Kassieren zu sitzen.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Randler posted:

Bei unseren amerikanischen Freunden gibt es übrigens ein gewisses Misstrauen gegen die US-Aldimärkte, weil es dem Personal dort erlaubt ist beim Kassieren zu sitzen.

Amerikaner haben ein ungesundes Verhältnis zur Arbeit, Nachrichten um 11.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Perestroika posted:

I like shopping at our tiny Edeka :shobon:. I haven't actually noticed a major price difference compared to the Penny next door for most of the stuff I usually get, and the local Lidl is so drat full all the time (despite being huge) that it just takes loving forever to get anything.

yeah I have a small but ownage Edeka in Hummelsbüttel that isn't like Randler's Hellmarkt

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich habe mal gehört, dass der Hass der Amerikaner gegen die Armen und Fremden so groß ist, dass man ihnen in Deutschland überhaupt kein Visum mehr ausstellt, sondern ihnen einfach ein SPD-Parteibuch in die Hand drückt.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Randler posted:

Ich habe mal gehört, dass der Hass der Amerikaner gegen die Armen und Fremden so groß ist, dass man ihnen in Deutschland überhaupt kein Visum mehr ausstellt, sondern ihnen einfach ein SPD-Parteibuch in die Hand drückt.

Welches die Amerikaner dann angeekelt wegwerfen, da sie glauben, die SPD wäre noch in irgendeiner Form sozialistisch.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Randler posted:

Aktuell liege ich in Deutschland, Ba-Wü, bei 55.000?, was rund 2.750 Euro Netto sind (GKV Metzinger BKK ohne Zusatzbeitrag, keine Kirchensteuer).

Nun habe ich ein Jobangebot aus der Schweiz, wo ich rund 6.000 CHF netto verdienen würde. Ich frage mich, ob es möglich ist, von 3,000 CHF als Single normal leben zu können.

Normal Leben heißt für mich:

1 mal im Jahr für 10-14 Tage schönen Urlaub (Mittelmeer, Atlantik, rund 1000EURO)
3-4 mal im Jahr Städtetrip (Europa, 200-300 Euro je Trip)
Eine halbwegs vernünftige Wohnung (40 - 50 qm reichen mir eigentlich, in Schaffhausen, Zürich Umland, Thurgau ist das wohl möglich)
Mein Auto unterhalten (abbezahlt aber 3,8 Liter V6 will betankt und versichert werden)
Schöne Klamotten (Lacoste, Hilfiger wobei immer und nur im Sale bei diveresen einschlägigen Online Shops)
Lebenmittel kaufe ich gerne bei Discountern
Was ich nicht brauche sind ständige Restaurant oder Kino Besuche und sonstige (in meinen Augen) Geldverschwendung

In Deutschland schaffe ich das mit 2,750 netto bzw. spare je nach Monat 500-1000 Euro.

Ich frage mich ob ich das in der Schweiz mit 3,000 CHF (zur Zeit rund 2,700 Euro) auch schaffen würde.
Wenn ja, dann könnte ich 3,000 CHF pro Monat sparen, was ja 2,700 Euro sind (Stand 01/2016). Das würde ja heißen, ich könnte in der Schweiz so viel Geld monatlich zurück legen, wie ich in Deutschland überhaupt verdiene.

Ich bin regelmässig in der Schweiz und weiß das es sehr nette Schweizer gibt aber eben auch solche, die Deutsche regelrecht hassen. Ich weiß nicht, ob ich mir das mein Leben lang geben will. Auf der anderen Seite reizt mich der Gedanke, in 5 Jahren rund 200,000 CHF ansparen zu können.. wenn ich dann nach Ba-Wü zurück komme kauf ich mir ne 3 Zimmer Wohnung aus der Porto Kasse (Stuggi Innenstadt mal ausgenommen aber die mag ich eh nicht).

PS Einkaufen würde ich nicht in der teuren Schweiz sondern in Deutschland und mir dann schön die Märchensteuer erstatten lassen.

Ich frage mich grade echt nur wo der Haken ist.. kann doch nicht sein dass man in der CH tatsächlich netto doppelt soviel hat?!

well ...
depends what exactly you consider netto and how you compare it to DE. W.g. is the Nettolohn 12 times or 13 or ? Also you need to pay Krankenkasse yourself (~300CHF/month, more if older). Also taxes aren't payed yet, but no idea how exactly the tax stuff works for foreigners.

Importing all your food/other stuff from DE can be a bit of a chore, you're only allowed 300CHF a day!
Mindestlohn or Armutsgrenze or so is ~4000CHF/month but I think that's brutto.
You can probably find out what the car would cost for canton and insurance (try comparis). Remember to get cost for parkplatz.
Most stuff is also more expensive so as soon as you need stuff from CH your money will go down.
Going to holidays from Switzerland is more expensive than going from DE.

Putting back 1500-2000 should be possible, 3000 if you want to do a really low-level living.
6500CHF is certainly a good lohn, but I somehow doubt you get rich with it. What exactly are you doing?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Welches die Amerikaner dann angeekelt wegwerfen, da sie glauben, die SPD wäre noch in irgendeiner Form sozialistisch.

Gerade dieser Irrglaube zeichnet ja die verbleibenden Sarrazindemokraten aus.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

Ich konnte jetzt gerade nicht die Bilder von der Edeka-Mozarella-Bar wiederfinden, aber dafür habe ich beim Suchen den Artikel über die Leute gefunden, die dort einkaufen.

"Robert Neunkirch, ein Spitzenverdiener in einem guten Vorort von Frankfurt, bekommt seit seiner letzten Gehaltserhöhung sogar noch mehr, rund 7000 Euro, bei 120.000 Euro brutto Jahreseinkommen.
[...]
Das Paradoxe, das Neunkirch nachts schlecht schlafen lässt, ist, dass er reich ist, sich aber nicht so fühlt.
[...]
Mit dem ernüchternden Gefühl, trotz einer makellosen Berufskarriere niemals über ein mühevolles Mittelschichtsdasein hinauskommen zu können, ist er vermutlich nicht allein. Es sind Hunderttausende, die wegen ihres Einkommens nur statistisch zur Oberschicht gehören. Es ist der Facharbeiter in der Chemiewirtschaft oder der Personalchef in einem IT-Unternehmen, es sind auch Unternehmensberater und Ingenieure. Warum sie nicht lauter protestieren? Vielleicht, weil der Fiskalpatriotismus in Deutschland Tradition hat. Man zahlt eben seine Steuern. Und weil, zweitens, die Reichen keinen besonders guten Ruf haben und sich kaum jemand gern als Reicher ins Rampenlicht stellen mag."

FAZ, baby! Wo ist mein Guillotinensmilie?!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Mag sein dass das bei mir eben am Osten liegt, aber der Edeka neben dem ich aufgewachsen bin ist so vielleicht 2% unterschiedlich zum Penny neben dem ich in Hannover gewohnt hab.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

SavageGentleman posted:

Wo ist mein Guillotinensmilie?!

:thermidor:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Outside of all the pricing-strategy issues and the related problems of discounters, those places are among the most uplifting places to remind me that there are some redeemable features to Bayern. The one thing you'll never see in a city-close discounter is your average AfD-wähling racist bayerisch shitlord.
In the two years I've lived in Munich, I have yet to experience a single bad encounter with people of non-German ancestry.

You've got a friendly Polish-German cashier that tells you it's not a big deal that you didn't weigh your produce on the Kundenwaage, you've got a Romanian-German employee that happily directs you to the frozen Gemüse-section because the Beyond-Meat burger patties aren't right next to the Hackfleisch, and there's a friendly Turkish-German person telling you the next load of Brezn is just a minute shy of coming out of the industrial Heißluftofen when you're looking at the empty Brezn-Schacht.

Hell, some of the loving best interactions I've had in this stupid city have been at discounters. When I was still on crutches after my osteotomy, there was a Lithuanian family father who not just let me vor in the Schlange, but helped me hoist my groceries onto the Förderband. After I paid, he offered to help me carry my purchases to the car, and his kids were scrambling to move around my Medium Sprudel sixpacks like it was a competition, and I even got to awkwardly joke about a Lithuanian nursery rhyme that I knew when we were at my car. (Because "Tick and tock goes the clock" is a very reasonable thing to sing when you're not doing a German nursery rhyme about certain death as a consequence of disobedience).

As of a week ago, I've also überbrücked a grand total of two folks in a loving Lidl parking lot in Berg am Laim and Ramersdorf. I can't wait for racist Bayern to finally be bred out of existence.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

What the gently caress are you guys talking about, every store is literally exactly the same

Also what is that mention of "service", a grocery store doesn't have nor need service, you pick the poo poo you want and pay for it. The service is someone using the beep machine correctly and handing over Wechselgeld.

Yeah, whenever this thread descents into arguing about grocery stores in Germany, I start to panic and go check if my stores of weapons and ammunition are ready, because we're obviously being invaded by aliens

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Edeka "gut& günstig" mostly price matches ALDI& LIDL. They even advertise it with "Discounter billig".

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Outside of all the pricing-strategy issues and the related problems of discounters, those places are among the most uplifting places to remind me that there are some redeemable features to Bayern. The one thing you'll never see in a city-close discounter is your average AfD-wähling racist bayerisch shitlord.
In the two years I've lived in Munich, I have yet to experience a single bad encounter with people of non-German ancestry.

You've got a friendly Polish-German cashier that tells you it's not a big deal that you didn't weigh your produce on the Kundenwaage, you've got a Romanian-German employee that happily directs you to the frozen Gemüse-section because the Beyond-Meat burger patties aren't right next to the Hackfleisch, and there's a friendly Turkish-German person telling you the next load of Brezn is just a minute shy of coming out of the industrial Heißluftofen when you're looking at the empty Brezn-Schacht.

Hell, some of the loving best interactions I've had in this stupid city have been at discounters. When I was still on crutches after my osteotomy, there was a Lithuanian family father who not just let me vor in the Schlange, but helped me hoist my groceries onto the Förderband. After I paid, he offered to help me carry my purchases to the car, and his kids were scrambling to move around my Medium Sprudel sixpacks like it was a competition, and I even got to awkwardly joke about a Lithuanian nursery rhyme that I knew when we were at my car. (Because "Tick and tock goes the clock" is a very reasonable thing to sing when you're not doing a German nursery rhyme about certain death as a consequence of disobedience).

As of a week ago, I've also überbrücked a grand total of two folks in a loving Lidl parking lot in Berg am Laim and Ramersdorf. I can't wait for racist Bayern to finally be bred out of existence.

Hi, you are basically me. I absolutely hate shopping at edeka and rewe because of the self-important condescending bougie scum. I would even pay extra money to shop around normal people at LIDL& ALDI. They should take money for Eintritt and sell it as a pleasant shopping experience

Mano posted:

well ...
depends what exactly you consider netto and how you compare it to DE. W.g. is the Nettolohn 12 times or 13 or ? Also you need to pay Krankenkasse yourself (~300CHF/month, more if older). Also taxes aren't payed yet, but no idea how exactly the tax stuff works for foreigners.

Importing all your food/other stuff from DE can be a bit of a chore, you're only allowed 300CHF a day!
Mindestlohn or Armutsgrenze or so is ~4000CHF/month but I think that's brutto.
You can probably find out what the car would cost for canton and insurance (try comparis). Remember to get cost for parkplatz.
Most stuff is also more expensive so as soon as you need stuff from CH your money will go down.
Going to holidays from Switzerland is more expensive than going from DE.

Putting back 1500-2000 should be possible, 3000 if you want to do a really low-level living.
6500CHF is certainly a good lohn, but I somehow doubt you get rich with it. What exactly are you doing?

The tell is in the first line. Randler would never outkick out of the Catholic church

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Little throwback to the 90s, had this song stuck in my head earlier and since Austrians and Koks have been a recent topic I thought I'd post for you guys to enjoy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7bHdcq87o

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you want to shop with bougie scum in Berlin, you go to one of the bio supermarkets, of which there are roughly the same as of the edekas, I'd say.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Nachrichten um 11.
Wenn Du das schon eindeutscht, dann gefälligst ordentlich als "Nachrichten um 20:15"!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

We have a really trashy rewe near my house, but I got so used to buying at rewe when I lived in the hellhole with only one grocery store, that I keep going there despite it being aldi levels of grimy and crowded.

Glad to be back in a city tbh

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Lightly cursed Image

https://twitter.com/jiselaaah/status/1137396384766791680

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

^^^
au wei

Duzzy Funlop posted:

i :3:'d so hard about this post

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:wth:

https://twitter.com/RKiesewetter/status/1137799720829628417

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Roderich Kiesewetter

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Kiesewetter hieß auch dieser aufdringliche Vertreter der in ein paar Tim & Struppis auftaucht.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

frankenfreak posted:

Wenn Du das schon eindeutscht, dann gefälligst ordentlich als "Nachrichten um 20:15"!

lol how do you gently caress this up?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Brennpunkt!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

Deutsche sind die Polen der Schweiz bzw. Die Ukrainer der Polen, die wiederum die Polen der Deutschen sind

:hmmyes:

Though I've only überflogen that reprehensible guillotine-Opfer copypasta Randler posted, I think they're not too far off - if they were to live very sparsam as a single in a lovely canton, they might actually be able to save 3k out of 6k netto. Question is why anyone would do that to themselves. Also lmao that high-powered German Wiwi-Forum careerists get excited about a 6k netto salary in Switzerland. Don't get me wrong, that's an objectively good salary and I've only ever made that sum or more than that for very short periods of time, but it's really not an exceptional salary, especially in the kind of profession I'd imagine that Unsympath is pursuing.

Wengy fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 10, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

We live in a time where I'm shocked by things actually mattering once in a blue moon.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:confuoot:

https://twitter.com/altenbockum/status/1137964880336760832

Ich kann echt und konkret nicht entscheiden ob die wirklich so bescheuert waren und das nicht geprüft haben, oder ob das gezielt war um Aufruhr zu erzeugen, oder ob beides.

E:

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 10, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zwille posted:

lol how do you gently caress this up?
Genau! :ninja:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Die Grüne: Kühl und gut. Weg mit den Schottergärten!
https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/gruene-wollen-amazon-verbieten-retouren-zu-vernichten-a-1271675.html

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

"Böller-Bann, Kaffeebecher-Pfand und Schottergarten-Verbot"

EIn Artikel, der mit drei Bild-Bindestrichen beginnt, kann nicht lesenswert sein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Find die Aktionen nicht schlecht, aber wann machen sie ihre Pläne öffentlich Kohlekraftwerke in die Luft zu jagen?