Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Chalupa posted:

drat has the scale of this game changed since I last really threw down 40k, or worked for the company. I switched over to Warmachine not long after Apocalypse dropped so I've missed a few editions but gently caress man. There are some REALLY nice painted models and just overall cool looking things going down there.

Anywho, I'll look to grab some Mk III Squads and start working on colour schemes. Adeptus Titanicus once I figure out what drat legion worked w/ the Iron Warriors. I see them winning out on the army I go with

No, the scale hasn't changed significantly. That game had about 14000 points on each side, and we got through 3 turns in about 6 hours before our sobriety gave up. We'd been running a campaign through the first half of the year and capped it off with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

The two-tone tank looks incredibly cool.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Sorry this bullshit is explicitly forbidden in the rules, you utter buffoon. You nincompoop.

I’m rolling for chain axes and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

ijyt posted:

I’m rolling for chain axes and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me.

My hammer and I say differently.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Olloth secretly sprinting on a Warhound and Booley secretly sprinting on a Reaver was extremely entertaining because they kept sending me updates at about the same stage around the same time. Awesome job to both of you!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

Foiled again

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Took some photos of the big game which I BULBASAUR’d and left early. Apparently I lost and the loyalists won, but most importantly Vulkan lived despite both titans trying to kill him.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Broken Record Talk posted:

I :toxx: another legal 30k army, painted and based, with a minimum point value of 3500 points, by the end of 2019. I will purchase and assemble all of the models myself, but might not paint them all myself.

Not quite as far along as some of you guys, but I have 2500 of my 3500 points of Daemons built, and should have the rest assembled by the time CONTRAST becomes available in the next few weeks.

I also have 2 of 3 Xiphons built, and most of my tiny Titan maniple built.

Who the hell am I and when did I stop procrastinating!?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Goon Project

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finally somebody will read my sisters of battle origin story

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 6, 2019

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Hobby Group pooled our money, ordered about $3500 of stuff from Forgeworld including a full ZM table

order arrived.

2 days later, the order arrived.

again. :getin:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Powerful. I got a bonus Battle for Calth that way!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Yeast posted:

Hobby Group pooled our money, ordered about $3500 of stuff from Forgeworld including a full ZM table

order arrived.

Sometimes Forgeworld's incompetence is lovely.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yeast posted:

order arrived.

holy loving poo poo nice

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Yeast posted:

order arrived.

Absolutely lmao.

Where is Bulbasaur?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Yeast posted:

order arrived.

Better email them to tell them it never arrived.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeast, what is the quality like? Are your ZM tiles perfect?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
welp I'm definitely not mad

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

TTerrible posted:

Yeast, what is the quality like? Are your ZM tiles perfect?

I've only seen pictures of them so far, it didn't get shipped to my house, but I'll take a look on the weekend when I pick up my Night Lords doubles.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Better email them to tell them it never arrived.

This is the pro move, surely. Not sure what we'd do with 3 shield generator tiles tho

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm glad I have a good friend like Yeast, who can send me replacement tiles instead of Forgeworld

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Yeast posted:

This is the pro move, surely. Not sure what we'd do with 3 shield generator tiles tho

Send them to Bulbasaur, obviously!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Send them to Bulbasaur, obviously!

The boat taking them across the pacific will inevitably wreck upon the same atoll where the first print run of book 8 ended up

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Onto the ocean floor near crates of automatic pavaises

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Played two very quick ZM games last night but took some nice glamour shots.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

For some reason I can't help but think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftRsUcHVvw

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Played two very quick ZM games last night but took some nice glamour shots.

The way these guys are facing each other it looks like they're just panicking in a corner.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TTerrible posted:

The way these guys are facing each other it looks like they're just panicking in a corner.

The models were accurately representing my emotions.

Those games did not go well for me.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hot new cheating arena: Epic 30k.

No one has a goddamn clue how it works. Just make it up as you go along.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

the perfect game

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
The smaller scale let’s you fit in so many more cheats

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I have a possibly dumb Heresy-related question.

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about the possibility of the Siege of Terra being expanded out to, like, forty books, because the Heresy series was originally supposed to be, what, eight? And we all saw how that went.

And the friend went "No, it's still officially eight mainline books. There's just a lot of spinoffs."

Is this true and if so which are the mainline books that still claim to adhere to the original roadmap. I sort of want to try reading just them and seeing if it makes any sense.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Stephenls posted:

I have a possibly dumb Heresy-related question.

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about the possibility of the Siege of Terra being expanded out to, like, forty books, because the Heresy series was originally supposed to be, what, eight? And we all saw how that went.

And the friend went "No, it's still officially eight mainline books. There's just a lot of spinoffs."

Is this true and if so which are the mainline books that still claim to adhere to the original roadmap. I sort of want to try reading just them and seeing if it makes any sense.

The main Horus Heresy is definitely not just 8 mainline books, but there doesn’t seem to be any intention of expanding the Siege of Terra books to more than the originally announced number, at least not yet.

With regards to the Horus Heresy series proper, I’d recommend reading books 1-4, which deal with Horus’ fall to Chaos and the two battles of Istvaan. From there, you can more or less read whichever ones you want, in just about any order, and they’ll more or less make sense. I’ve read about half, in no particular order, mainly just focusing on the Legions, characters, and/or conflicts that interest me.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Maybe this handy flowchart will help:

Edit: More readable version here.

Cessna fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 10, 2019

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
just read the black books imo

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think they originally planned the Heresy as like 10 books total, but they realized there were a ton of stories to tell within the setting AND that it sold really well. They've quietly retconned some stuff from the first books as well - like realizing that marine legions needed to be way bigger.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Just buy 6 random ones and then read half of one of them before you realize that war novels are actually super loving boring for more than a couple chapters like I did.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Read Titan Death and just start yelling “ENGINE KILL” in the office.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just buy 6 random ones and then read half of one of them before you realize that war novels are actually super loving boring for more than a couple chapters like I did.

How will Guilliman get out of this pickle... this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've tried to read the HH series multiple times and I've never got further than book 3 or 4 because they're so just so boring