Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

It's like black folks going to 99% white areas and having tons of random people think its fine to just get their hands all up in their hair. I don't understand how anyone thinks this is remotely ok.

Had one friend have an old lady put both hands through his hair. He just turned around and put his hands through her old-lady perm in return, and the old lady flipped the gently caress out like a person who's personal space had suddenly been violated would. Yet at the same time totally lacked the ability to self-reflect that maybe this dude likes having people grab his hair as much as she does??

Also touching Black babies. My mom was constantly on guard because dirty people would just come up and touch me while commenting weirdly about my features. Her white friend used to take me out with her son and tell nosy old WASPS that I was her daughter and watch the blood drain from their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Piell posted:

For some reason a lot of people feel entitled to do anything they want to a baby or a pregnant person, and if you refuse to let them they storm off declaring how rude you are.

There has been a very easy method to avoid these situations that people have employed for a long time. It's called waiting for the pregnant person to say "Do you want to feel the baby kick?".

It boggles my mind that people think they should ask that question. Like maybe a child might ask it and that's fine, but an adult?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah even asking "hey can I fondle your uncomfortably pregnant belly for a totally not-creepy reason like feeling a baby kick" is loving weird for unrelated adults. I can see a kid asking, or like a sister-in-law, but not random adults.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I remember a good AITA story a pregnant woman posted where a random woman touched her stomach so the pregnant woman just immediately grabbed the other woman's boobs in response

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I wouldn't say it was a random person asking as it was a friend of the fathers and the wife probably knew them

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Piell posted:

AITA for calling my friend "nigga"?

Edit: everyone involved in this story is white, per additional comments

hahahahahahahaha omg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Motherfucker posted:

The first step is to: become an unhinged lunatic with only superficial charm.

He sunk like 20? hours of phone conversation and 1-2 dates into it though... It would be lower time investment per bang to just meet up with women off tinder for casual dates (~3 hrs) as a bonus this does not require him to fake deep connections and keep notes on people like a serial killer

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

on today in hosed up marriages/families

AITA for denying my mom her lifelong dream of visiting America?

quote:

I recently (less than half a year ago) got married to an American. It was arranged so the first few months of living together post marriage was pure hell (we knew each other for just 3 months before we got married). And slowly but surely we have come to accept each other and I honestly didn't ever think I'd love this man so much.

Anyway I'd wager we've been truly a couple for maybe 3 months now. I'm leaving the country next month so I can focus on my medical license exams and won't be back for at least another year. He is very busy with work and can't take time off to visit me in my country. Naturally we are trying to enjoy every single second we can spend with each other right now.

A few days ago, my husband got a voicemail at 3 in the morning from my mother. She basically just told him that she's coming over this week. That's it. No discussion. Didn't ask if it was okay. She just booked the tickets. It was greatly upsetting because it seemed like we were just some resort in America that stays open all year and she (along with my sister and bro in law) booked tickets for her to come without consulting with us. I told them off instantly. I was beyond furious because I had politely told them a month ago that it would not be okay for us if she visited now. My sister and bro in law text me almost everyday and they never once even hinted at the fact that they had taken the liberty of booking tickets for her. Now my mother lives with my sister and they are undoubtedly closer than I am to my mother. My relationship with my mother has been fractured for a very long time stemming from when I was a kid and she was very emotionally and verbally abusive. She has tried to redeem herself since then so I'll give her that. I have never taken her to be a good person at heart. But she has been trying.

Anyway after a lot of crying and fighting they decided it wasn't worth the trouble and cancelled the ticket. They also seem to have cancelled any ties with me. My sister outright told me that I'm an ungrateful daughter since it's honestly been my entire family's dream (like a lot of Indians) to visit the U.S of A. I'm just trying to savor what little time I have left with my husband. And I really want them to know it's disrespectful for them to not consult with us beforehand.

But I also have this overwhelming feeling of guilt. Wracking thoughts of what if my mother doesn't live long enough to ever visit. What is she's deeply hurt which I know she is. So AITA for denying her?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

Also the former meth addict who was asking if she should date a current meth addict said that she decided to make the sane choice and not pursue him.

👏👏👏

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
That's what gets me the most, like if you went up to random non-pregnant strangers and started palming their stomach they would understandably get upset but because she's pregnant her body belongs to you? And then they always have the nerve to get all lovely about it, like you should just let them pat you like a fuckin cow or something. How DARE you make them feel awkward about making you feel awkward

And yeah, the thing about Black hair. I remember going to a primarily white junior high and had class with a mixed-race guy who had finally had enough of the white kids touching his afro and finally hollered "I'M NOT A loving DOG! STOP TOUCHING MY loving HEAD!"

Good for him.

I went looking for pregnancy stories- this one was actually posted a couple months ago when it was new but one little bit stood out to me re: the current topic:

quote:

AITA for (as a white woman) touching a black woman's hair?

rear end in a top hat

To start, the cast of characters is me and my older coworker (late 50s). As background, she is not in the same department as me, but we work on some projects together. In our shared projects, she is technically my subordinate - but I try to view it as a collaboration. We are friendly and laugh together and get along, but we have never had lunch together or see each other outside of work.

Now that the context has been laid out, onto the story. The other day she came to work with a very cool hair style. (She always has cool hairstyles.) The underside of her hair was dyed in a rainbow fashion. As we were passing each other in the hall, we greeted each other and I commented that I liked her hair while casually indicating the colors - but by actually touching her hair. She thanked me and we continued on our way. I didn't think much of it, until another coworker caught me at the end of the hall and told me it was wrong and you aren't supposed to touch a black woman's hair. I didn't know that there was etiquette involved and I feel really bad, especially if she only tolerated the action because I'm more senior. So, was I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: ok. I’m the rear end in a top hat. But just to clarify some things since a lot of people are reading actions in my post that didn’t happen. I did not stroke, caress, run my fingers through, pull, pet, or yank her hair, as a lot of commenters said I did.

As I was pointing my finger for a brief second (less than a second really) grazed her hair. I can’t say the moment was an accident, but it is not like I was interested in actually touching her hair to feel it. I was pointing at one part of her hair because she had a very intricate hair style and I was pointing at the colored part.

Now, obviously, I need to be in better control and not let myself get that close again as people don’t like it. Although, as I said, she didn’t react to the touch at all and we continued chatting.

Touching other people is probably something I will have to work on in general as I’m a touchy feely person. So, no, in answer to some of you, I don’t mind if people touch me. And they do. When I was pregnant people touched my belly. It didn’t bother me. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I guarantee this woman didn't learn a loving thing and is sniffing butt-hurtedly about how 'sensitive' everyone is. But at least that answers my question, people who touch other people without permission 'don't mind' when it happens to them, so it's okay apparently. Get your head out of your self-centered rear end.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tythas posted:

Typically in arranged marriage culture, your spouse becomes your primary concern. I guess this is what narcissism looks like in Indian marriage. Parents handed their daughter off to a husband but they’re still trying to duck her energy dry. Imagine your parents are so horrid that your arranged marriage is more healthy by default.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

terminally pissing off my rich whale relatives for $475, like a sensible person who knows the value of a dollar

My stepson is an entitled jerk who doesn't daily drive a broken down 16 year old audi, a notably reliable and practical car. My wife asked me to sell the car as a favor to her, and said I wouldn't get the money from selling the car because it's not mine. So to prove my stepson is a jerk I defrauded him and now my wife is pissed?!? oh well, at least I almost made $750

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

MasBrillante posted:

Typically in arranged marriage culture, your spouse becomes your primary concern. I guess this is what narcissism looks like in Indian marriage. Parents handed their daughter off to a husband but they’re still trying to duck her energy dry. Imagine your parents are so horrid that your arranged marriage is more healthy by default.

quote from the OP's comments

OP posted:

Well like I replied to the question, you're not too far off. I dated quite a bit back in India and the last one almost did me in. Had a bad breakdown and severe depression. Parents started looking for a groom a year later because in their words, they couldn't see me go through that again. I gave up all hope of finding love like my ex and just went along with whatever they said. It wasn't ideal. I'd never recommend what I did to anyone. But my husband feels like the one.

OP posted:

I completed my medical degree in India because I had a pretty good score and was granted entry into a medical school. Got married to an Indian born American after a bad break up (which resulted in me being admitted in a psychiatric facility for depression and suicidal ideation). Parents thought I'd have to get married as soon as possible (I know, it's sick but that's for another post I guess). I was depressed, lost and just said, whatever. Was pretty drunk on the night of the wedding. Like I said, the first few months of marriage were just terrible cause honestly I just wasn't over my ex. Husband was extremely supportive and it was difficult for him too since he is/was pretty conservative despite being in America for more than half his life. But he's an amazing man and I'm very proud of how we've made it work now.[quote="Commenter"]NTA. She can visit when you are back with your husband and settled. Also it's odd that she called him and not you in the first place.

Commenter posted:

NTA. She can visit when you are back with your husband and settled. Also it's odd that she called him and not you in the first place.

OP posted:

Oh my god. I hadn't even thought of that. Your comment got me thinking. And now I remember why we don't speak anymore. My husband is a practicing Muslim. We have had discussions where we've agreed that we won't push the other person to do anything outside their beliefs. Ergo this past Ramadan while he fasted, I didn't. I was respectful of his fast and only ate while he was at work or he'd leave the house for a while so I could have lunch. Worked brilliantly. Unfortunately I told my mom how happy I was that I found someone who understands that I'm not a religious person. Things got pretty ugly. She texted me saying I'm a pig, that I eat like a pig and other variations of the same. I told her that I wouldn't tolerate her speaking to me that way. She basically said she doesn't care and hasn't spoken to me in a month at least.

Tythas fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 11, 2019

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's cool that the arranged marriage ended up rescuing her from her abusive relationship with her mom.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for failing to “be happy” for my brother after he effortlessly got the job I’ve been dreaming about having since I was a little kid?

quote:

Throwaway because, although I’m jealous, I don’t want to end up sabotaging him.

I’ve always loved movies, acting in particular; when I was a kid - it was the first and only job I ever wanted, I vividly remember, when I was 7, begging my Mum to sign me up for a weekend acting school.

I’m from a small town and the only acting classes were in the next city - 20 miles away - and they were rich kid expensive. My Mum saved for a year and I got a place ...that’s where it all started. I went until I was 15; when I was 12, I got my first agent and had my first taste of the industry: tv shows, commercials, plays - man, I remember being in my early teens, deciding that this was all I ever wanted and, at the time, it seemed like a pretty realistic goal - before my 17th birthday I had more credits than a lot of actors I know today.

My next move was to try and get into drama school, which, at 19, I was got into one of the most prestigious ones in the UK.

Fast forward three years, I graduate, get a good agent, and the future looks bright... well, it did. As many of you know, the acting industry is tough and, despite my previous experience and training, I struggled to get auditions and it ended up with me being dropped by my agent and having to move back into my parents house. It sucked.

The past 2 years ive been depressed and I confided in my brother. It was around this time he thought that he’d try his hand at acting, too.

My brother has lived a charmed life; good looking, great job, valuable degree, and, despite his age, had enough to buy a flat . He’s never had an interest in acting but, because he was bored, I guess, he asked me to help him get into it. Which I did. Literally a week after he made the choice, without any prior training and no agent, he found an open audition for a Hollywood blockbuster looking for leads - I told him that it was probably a PR stunt but he auditioned anyway... and, after a series of screen tests, he got it. His first ever audition, his first ever acting experience, and he loving got it.

2 weeks later, he’s flying out, signing contracts, meeting my idols, and now he’s suddenly filming this thing - I haven’t had time to think, it’s been such a whirlwind.

Now my family are mad at me because I’m not “supporting him” or that don’t seem “happy for him” and, of course, I wanna be. He’s in a movie and I’m his loving brother, I WANT to be proud and excited and all that but whenever I’m alone all I feel is immense jealousy. I’ve never felt this before, I feel like a clown, I’ve dedicated almost two decades of my life to this and he gets it all in a couple weeks - it doesn’t seem fair. And I get it, life isn’t fair, stop moping and get on with it... but how? I feel like such a loving rear end in a top hat.

TL;DR been trying to become an actor for 17 years and, after never trying it before, in under a month, my bro booked himself one of the most desirable acting jobs in the world. I’m jealous and my family want me to get over it.

I really want to know who this is now. Also the right move is to wait for your brother's career to take off and ask him to pull some strings to get you a role.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

My stepson is an entitled jerk who doesn't daily drive a broken down 16 year old audi, a notably reliable and practical car. My wife asked me to sell the car as a favor to her, and said I wouldn't get the money from selling the car because it's not mine. So to prove my stepson is a jerk I defrauded him and now my wife is pissed?!? oh well, at least I almost made $750

ah, but have you considered, I should be compensated several hundred dollars for my hard work that I was asked not to do and which was actually comically trivial

Tythas posted:

quote:

About the money to book a flight. My father booked it for her. They are divorced. Because she cheated on him with multiple people and someone was pissed that she was sleeping with someone else and handed sex tapes of her over to my dad. He was devastated when it happened, still isn't over it and refuses to ever speak/look at her. I was so confused when he booked the tickets for her. His response was "whatever it is, she's your mother. I can't treat her badly because of what she did". I don't know man.

sounds like Momma nearly got everyone trained

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm sorry what Hollywood blockbuster signs a complete unknown with no experience as the lead?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

zakharov posted:

I'm sorry what Hollywood blockbuster signs a complete unknown with no experience as the lead?

comedy option it's some The Room deal and the OP just thinks any movie shot in LA is a "Hollywood blockbuster"

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

AITA for asking an older man to leave the skatepark my kids were at and then threating to call the police when he didn't?

quote:

We are a military family and just arrived at our new duty station about a week ago. We chose the neighborhood specifically because of all the activities for kids (a huge centralized park with playgrounds, native desert, a swimming pool and a skatepark).

My kids have always wanted to try skateboarding so after we got them all set up with the appropriate equipment, I took them over to the skatepark at the park. For the most part it was an ok experience, but I wasn't a fan of the language the teens and preteens were using but I figured that was their "turf" and the last thing I needed to do was start an issue with them.

However, there was a much older man there, he just creeped me out. I'm not sure how to describe it. He had pads and a skateboard but he only rode it maybe once every 10 minutes. But something about his look just seemed off to me. He also reeked of marijuana smoke. Finally he actually ran into my son while they were at the bottom of one of the pools and I had enough because it seemed so deliberate. I first asked him if he had kids, he said something really creepy like "these are all my kids." I said maybe it's time he found a new hobby. He was so incoherent I don't know what he said next but it was something about his "soul" which really creeped me out. So I told him flat out I think it's time that he left. He said he was leaving anyways in 20 minutes since he had to work. I told him maybe he should just leave now. He said no. I said I was calling the police and finally he said that he didn't want any trouble and he'd leave. I told him if he didn't want trouble maybe he should chose age appropriate activities. What I hadn't noticed is that several of the teens were close by and when he left they said things like "maybe your fat rear end should be the one to leave!" and b-word and c-word and on and on. I had also brought over a specialty concert chair to sit on and one of the kids had thrown it over the fence into the main park. This truly scared my kids. I dialed 911 and we left the park. It took almost 4 hours for the police to come to our house and the officer said that in the future I should call them right away.

however my husband is furious with me. He thinks that I've instantly made us a "marked" family in the neighborhood and maybe the older man really was there to enjoy himself. My point is my husband wasn't there and I tried to act on my own instincts and they telling me this older man was up to no good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tythas posted:

AITA for asking an older man to leave the skatepark my kids were at and then threating to call the police when he didn't?

man, Tony Hawk gets no respect these days

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ah yes, skateboarding, noted sport that's only for kids.

E also lol oh no those teenagers are talking like teenagers! If your kids are old enough to skate they're old enough to hear some swears. Like how are you military family and offended at swearing.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

:10bux: she's a full on dependapotamus

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ah, but have you considered, I should be compensated several hundred dollars for my hard work that I was asked not to do and which was actually comically trivial
The "kid" is 22. Why does he need step-daddy to do it if it is so trivial? People that raise their kids to be useless are the worst.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

With a mom like that and being army kids, they're never going to have any friends.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Tythas posted:

hahaha oh my god I feel so bad for those kids, they literally just moved there and she just painted big old Beat Me Up targets on em

"BUT I'M A MILITARY WIFE" hahaaa

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Serious question. WIBTA if i told an adult smoking at an outdoor kid's playground to take it elsewhere? That pisses me off.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

if you really want to teach him a lesson you have to make him smoke the whole pack while blowing it into your kid's face

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tythas posted:

They say a picture's worth a thousand words but man she nailed this one in half that

Leon Einstein posted:

The "kid" is 22. Why does he need step-daddy to do it if it is so trivial? People that raise their kids to be useless are the worst.

you're still trying to make this into some moral issue of who God would say is rightfully owed the $700, God doesn't care.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 11, 2019

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tythas posted:

lol

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

you're still trying to make this into some moral issue of who God would say is rightfully owed the $700, God doesn't care
I never mentioned morals or god, you weirdo. I guess it is understandable that so many goons automatically side with the manchild.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Serious question. WIBTA if i told an adult smoking at an outdoor kid's playground to take it elsewhere? That pisses me off.

Squirt him with a water gun.

Also make sure you know how to fight.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

man sorting by controversial is a gold mine

AITA for expecting my daughter to watch a movie with the family even though she’s working?

quote:

Ok hear me out. My daughter works online and makes her own schedule. Today I planned for the family to watch a movie together including my daughter (she’s here for the weekend). So I tell my her what I planned and she said she has to work since she didn’t get anything done this weekend so she’d like to get atleast a few hours in but would try to free some time if she can. I check back a little later but she is still working and I say we’re starting the movie in 10min and is she going to come or not? And she said sorry she’s pushing her deadlines and can’t just stop working for 3 days straight. I got annoyed by that and took her tablet computer and said if she doesn’t wanna spend time with the family then she should atleast go do something healthy for once (she spends hours upon hours on that thing). She got pissed and reluctantly went to the living room and watched it with us but didn’t seem happy about it at all. that Just crossed the line for me, it’s just rude and immature to be all pouty about it. So afterwards I said I’d give her computer back but I wouldn’t allowed her internet access for the remainder of her stay (I think this is reasonable as she is using the internet I am paying for). And she said fine but she still has work to do so she’s heading home early. I don’t see why she can’t just accommodate for her shedule it’s not like she has a boss to fire her but instead she has to be pouty and leave. AITA?

AITA for asking my pregnant wife to dress more modestly?

quote:

My wife is 5.5 months pregnant with our first child. She recently ordered some maternity dresses which were sort of provocative. I mean like, so skin tight, that you can see the outline of her belly button in some of them. You can see the outline of every body part (breasts, rear end, thighs) and her bump sticking out clearly. Even though she's not revealing any skin, because of the way her body is shaped (thin with big tits and hips, with the belly bump) it makes her look quite sexual. I don't want her to attract the wrong kind of attention because I know how men think, and there are some weird people out there with pregnancy fetishes, etc. I do notice other men looking at her when we're out and it makes me uncomfortable. Also, in our culture, the bump is supposed to be covered otherwise it could attract the 'evil eye'. She shows her bump on purpose, and I'm questioning why, it's almost like she knows she gets attention and enjoys it. I don't want my wife/unborn baby to be sexually objectified by random men so I told her she should dress comfortably, and modestly and now she is upset with me. AITA?

AITA for displaying a heirloom confederate battle flag in my private office?

quote:

I have an antique confederate battle flag framed in my home office. The flag has quite a storied history. First carried into WWII by my grandfather, it was then carried into Vietnam by my uncle, who passed away a few years ago. They do not have any ties to white supremacy nor did they hold any racist views. The flag is a family heirloom, not a political statement.

My wife was hosting a baby shower for a friend of hers. Out of nowhere, one of her friend's guests stepped out into the living room holding the very same framed flag above her head. She claimed she was looking for the bathroom when she opened the door to my office by mistake (very unlikely).

Even when my wife explained the history behind the flag, she made a huge scene. During her rant about how her ancestors were slaves, she violently threw the frame on the ground, cracking the antique frame that had been in my family for three generations and sending glass shards all over the wooden floor. My wife's foot was cut quite badly by the glass, requiring three stitches.

Long story short- cops were called, she was arrested, and charges will be filed. I have also retained a lawyer to go after her in civil court. As she works in the healthcare field, I am told a criminal record will be quite damaging to her career though it won't end it entirely.

My wife's friend apologized profusely for her guest's behavior and has offered to pay for any damages (I thanked her but I won't make her pay for someone else's mistake), but she made a comment about how I was overreacting and that I shouldn't ruin a young woman's life over this. She also said my flag should be in storage or a museum, not out on display.

I understand the outrage at display of the flag in public buildings, but I feel like this was different. I did not have my flag out in my front yard, it wasn't in my living room, it was in my private office, behind closed doors. Moreso, her irrational behavior caused my wife to be injured. I don't know if I would want someone like her working in a hospital setting. Am I an rear end in a top hat for thinking this girl was way out of line?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tythas posted:

Mah heritage of racism and cruelty will naht be disrespected!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
who the gently caress carries a goddamn confederate flag with them in WWII and Vietnam? racist shitheads, thats who. bless that woman and it sucks this rear end in a top hat is gonna sue her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tythas posted:

OK, get this, a genie comes out of a bottle and tells me he can cure cancer but only if I say the N word...

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 11, 2019

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for failing to “be happy” for my brother after he effortlessly got the job I’ve been dreaming about having since I was a little kid?

I really want to know who this is now. Also the right move is to wait for your brother's career to take off and ask him to pull some strings to get you a role.

This is literally a show on Comedy Central right now: http://www.cc.com/shows/the-other-two

Drew Tarver is consistently hilarious on Comedy Bang Bang, so I watched the first episode and liked it, but haven't had a chance to check out the rest of the first season yet. It's already been renewed for S2 though so we'll definitely get back to it once we finish Workin Moms.

Anyway, sorry OP: it's time to grow up. Try to not burn your relationships with your non-terrible family members as you do so though because any family willing to put not one but two of their kids into the acting meat grinder definitely harbors problems you'll be working out in therapy for the rest of your life. (Ref: literally every child actor ever except maybe Ron Howard)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I cannot emphasize enough how not racist the venerable warriors of my clan who for generations have proudly borne the confederate battle flag are, I say as I make the "ok" symbol with my hands

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
My toddler was injured by shards of an exploding cross when one of the lib parents at my preschool spoke out violently in favor of racial equality. She was arrested, but should I follow through with a civil suit?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Tythas posted:

man sorting by controversial is a gold mine

AITA for expecting my daughter to watch a movie with the family even though she’s working?

How is this controversial? Are there really people who are on OPs side? Even the "my house my rules people" should accept that she can leave, which she did. "Why is she so pouty, I say poutily"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

How is this controversial? Are there really people who are on OPs side? Even the "my house my rules people" should accept that she can leave, which she did. "Why is she so pouty, I say poutily"

sorting by controversial normally means it got a lot of "downvotes" or people thought that the OP was a grade A dirtbag

also no one was on OP's side

Tythas fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 11, 2019